• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
use my program gct edit, its the best way to do it

you can open up a gct and add codes to it (since normally gcts are uneditable)
search the workshop for it
just remember in the add code filed u can have any spaces or line breaks atm

edit:
I'm getting close to fixing the walking, I sort of found out what was wrong
I'm having some trouble though testing what I've changed so far (I'm at work helping ppl and its tough to play Wii while doing that lol) and I'm getting a lot of random freezes for no reason.
Can someone plz test this? The walking won't be perfect at all, but a lot better than it was in v.03 hopefully
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYRSJAZ0

edit again: ok i got it tested, it works. its just that the walking animation is kind of hilarious. looks like hes running track but going walking speed. im gonna have to eventually make custom walking animations for waluigi

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I think replacing the .pac's subID archive and such spikes the filesize. Originally, Ball's filesize was 74 or something along that, now it's 161 replaced with Ness's. Until we can lower that, full archives of moves for Alloys and etc. isn't going to work.

In other news, KJoe has turned out great on ZakoBall. Although I won't make another thread about it. Rather it be merged in here or placed in one of the stickies.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Use the new model replace char thread or somethin for now (where Waluigi was being posted about b4). The reason he has his own thread now is because how much there is to the project now with a consistent release of downloadable versions, videos, work on the project, etc.

Have you tried loading up that new pac though? Maybe the reason the Alloys couldn't make it past a certain file size was linked to their misc data somehow, and by replacing the misc data you can then get a larger pac as well.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi's racket bone is RhaveN. I am currently doing exactly what you are trying to do :).
I am too lazy to check if anyone else figured it out, but Kdone. Thanks Wilt, I was too dumb to find that bone myself. Anyways, here, racketless Waluigis for EVERYONE!

http://www.mediafire.com/Thunderspam

I haven't tested it because I am lazy, but it should work. His racket is still there, but I just crushed it down into nothingness. It is fairly easy to call upon whenever you feel like, or put it away.

To call upon the racket (Since I currently removed it), find the animation where you would like Waluigi to have his racket. Find the RhaveN bone, and change it's scale back to 1 in all regions (X, Y, Z). This might look a little choppy, but, oh well. You can also do the opposite and make it go away by changing the scales down to 0.

This should give you a little bit more freedom with him. Have fun!

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I think I know what the problem was that caused the freeze in the 1st video.

I think it's his animation when he stands on the edge. (where he looks like he tries to stop himself from falling, what's that anim called...?) Might be a problem with it.

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I think I know what the problem was that caused the freeze in the 1st video.

I think it's his animation when he stands on the edge. (where he looks like he tries to stop himself from falling, what's that anim called...?) Might be a problem with it.
I am pretty sure that its OttoOtto, and OttoOttoWait.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
use my program gct edit, its the best way to do it

you can open up a gct and add codes to it (since normally gcts are uneditable)
search the workshop for it
just remember in the add code filed u can have any spaces or line breaks atm
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that program of yours. However, when I add a code to my GCT file (w/o linebreaks or spaces), it just adds another line of code to the previous code. Is this okay, and will it function properly in-game?

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I have some direct voice clips rip from his Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour taunts. Some of them include him saying:

"Are you sweating...?"
"Only cheaters mess up!"
"Don't whiff!"
"Not bad, for you."
"This looks too easy!"
"You're cheating!"
"Oh, come on!"

Let me know if you want me to zip and upload them.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I have some direct voice clips rip from his Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour taunts. Some of them include him saying:

"Are you sweating...?"
"Only cheaters mess up!"
"Don't whiff!"
"Not bad, for you."
"This looks too easy!"
"You're cheating!"
"Oh, come on!"

Let me know if you want me to zip and upload them.
You became active just to post on this thread. XD
Um, and isn't sound FX editing kind of glitchy/buggy/non-operating?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Maybe. I think that's what is crashing the game, personally...

Since it froze on the edge.
il test the otto animation now

edit: it works fine

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that program of yours. However, when I add a code to my GCT file (w/o linebreaks or spaces), it just adds another line of code to the previous code. Is this okay, and will it function properly in-game?
yea itl work

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
You became active just to post on this thread. XD
Um, and isn't sound FX editing kind of glitchy/buggy/non-operating?
I post here and there, but this topic definitely has my interest. But about sound effect editing, it is glitchy/buggy/etc., but they were discussing sound effects for later use. So I thought I'd contribute. I uploaded them here: http://www.mediafire.com/?yvwhmdy2htz

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Tried out Waluigi, it occasionally works fine, but other times it would B-note as soon as I choose my stage. Is this a bug that'll be fixed?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anyone know how to edit his pac in PSA to remove his third jab combo? I'd like it to just be a 1 - 2 thing

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Anyone know how to edit his pac in PSA to remove his third jab combo? I'd like it to just be a 1 - 2 thing
On his jab 2 subaction, don't set Bit variables 16, 18, 22, etc.

EDIT:
This all together fixed Running perfectly, but when I do it for walking, yea it puts him above ground and moves, but for some reason his walking and momentum goes into overdrive. It makes no sense at all. iirc when I fixed just WalkSlow (testing that before fixing WalkMiddle and WalkFast) WalkSlow worked fine (which is when I posted here I think I found the work around) which means there's a glitch in WalkMiddle or WalkFast most likely. I still don't get it though. I'm going to try some more things tomorrow and see if I can get anything.

Supposedly it's going to be a busy day at work tomorrow, but I'm going to bring my Wii anyway (lol) so I can actually work on it while at work tomorrow. My job is awesome.
The only thing I can think for the Walk problem is either Moves Character isn't checked and there's some wonky Character Momentum command going on, or that his attribute for walk speed is too high.

Where the heck do you work?? :p

PND

Smash Champion
I'm taking pics now lol. They'll be up soon. EDIT: And I fixed a couple, most notably the Red/Orange texture.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Im not getting it to load at all :/ With my own gct it freezes at GO! and with the one provided it freezes when i select a stage. help?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Soo... if this can work for Waluigi is there anyway a project could be started on some of the other ATs? I'm thinking Ray MKII or Isaac. So much potential

PND

Smash Champion
ALT COSTUMES!
.pac & .pcs files for the alt costumes are available on request.

The default color scheme. Elegant, classic.

Canada Time
Complete with the patriotic cap, this Waluigi is well equipped to rule over any frozen wastelands you may come across. Goes well with beer and hockey.

WalaBLUigi
Outfitted in sleek blue and black attire, this Waluigi sports a casually formal look -- great for business meetings or beating opponents Black & Blue.

The Crimson Wah
What better way to strike fear in the hearts of sailors than wearing this classic Red and Black two-piece? The pillaged will long be whispering your name into the dead of night. . . "The Crimson Wah"

Matrix Waluigi
This Green and Black piece makes you look high tech and futuristic. And totally not like an old Commodore monitor.

Jungle Waluigi
This Green and White color scheme goes as well in flowery meadows as it does for jungle warfare. No matter where you find yourself, be prepared with Waluigi's Jungle Look.

Walario
This red and blue outfit hearkens back to a simpler time, when stomping on innocent goombas and slaughtering turtles was enough to make you a star.

WaluiLuigi
The counterpartee has become the counterparter in this stylish Green and Blue combo. Be second fiddle to no one (Except maybe Mario) in Waluigi's WaluiLuigi attire.

Wariouigi
What is Wario and Waluigi's true relation? Find out in this stunning Gold and Purple outfit.

Firey Waluigi
Show your passionate side in this Red and Orange attire. Great for drawing attention away from any unfortunate fires you may or may not have started.

Ice Ice Baby (Eating) Waluigi
You're one cool customer. Why not show it off by wearing this stunning blue and white combo. Great for frigid climates. . . Just because your heart is Cold as Ice doesn't mean you have to be!

Fire Flower? Waluigi
This white and purple combo tells the world "I don't have to play by your rules, I pave my own way." And we salute you, noble trendsetter. You too can be a non conformist with this fashion. If you want to make sure that you're sporting your own style, get this outfit before it sells out!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
ALT COSTUMES!
.pac & .pcs files for the alt costumes are available on request.

Firey Waluigi
Show your passionate side in this Red and Orange attire. Great for drawing attention away from any unfortunate fires you may or may not have started.

Ice Ice Baby (Eating) Waluigi
You're one cool customer. Why not show it off by wearing this stunning blue and white combo. Great for frigid climates. . . Just because your heart is Cold as Ice doesn't mean you have to be!

Fire Flower? Waluigi
This white and purple combo tells the world "I don't have to play by your rules, I pave my own way." And we salute you, noble trendsetter. You too can be a non conformist with this fashion. If you want to make sure that you're sporting your own style, get this outfit before it sells out!
I like these ones the most, because they're more unique than the copying of Mario/Luigi/Wario, though the fire flower is sort of a copy, but in his own unique way.

Thoughts on team colors:
~
Red - I like the uniqueness of the orange/red a lot.

Blue - Honestly, I can barely tell that the blue alt is any different from the standard because they look so similar. I think blue with orange overalls would be pretty cool, and unique.

Green - I think that the green with black looks really close to Luigi, which I think we should stray from, for uniqueness' sake. How about a green with purple overalls? It'd be like an older Luigi, but you can make the colors different than those. A deep, dark purple, with a blue-green upper half would look pretty cool, I'd say. ~

Now if you can indeed have 12 colors, via the clone engine on Wario, than I'd say that I completely agree with the Mario, Luigi, and Wario alts. I just don't Waluigi to have a bunch of alt colors that we'd expect. Rather, I think they should be like Wario's, different, cool looking, and unique.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
I found the problem: it freezes whenever player 4 is in the match. Anyone else have this problem?

edit: I just tested more, turns out I get a freeze with any alloy while player 4 is in the game. Any way i can remedy this?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I love all those costumes. IMO the Crimson Wah, Matrix Waluigi, and WaluBlueigi are the best for his team colors, although WaluBlueigi needs a better shade of blue that doesn't look so purple. After that, I like the Ice Waluigi the best, and if we were only limited to 6 colors, then either Jungle Waluigi or Fire Flower Waluigi would be good for the final costume. Although if it were possible to use more than 6 costumes then I wouldn't mind using every one that you posted.

Edit: Wait, I forgot to mention that Wariouigi is almost a necessity. That would probably be number 6 instead of other two I mentioned.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ah the player 4 discovery is great news. however there's still random in game freezes here and there. playing against ppl (so theyr intense) I complete about 50% of matches. I have a couple replays for later when I'm home.

does anyone kno how to edit model files?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
got some friendlies from yesterday, will get em up when I get home.

I think another freeze with waluigi is whenever u get footstooled. also iv got a new version I'll upload soon

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
got some friendlies from yesterday, will get em up when I get home.

I think another freeze with waluigi is whenever u get footstooled. also iv got a new version I'll upload soon
No rush. Take the time you need to perfect(or fix) him. We dont mind waiting....well...some of us...XD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'll b home soon and I'll fix the footstool glitch

also I removed his ability to grab already till that's fixed so he can't freeze. also iv got a tasty idea how to give him specials sort of until a legit way is found, tho this is pac file size limit is killing me

Edit: I'm home but I'm too tired to hook up my Wii and work on it more so I'll do stuff tomorrow.

But anyway, random thoughts and info on the project of sorts.

Model replacement. Ok, replacing models is a tough thing in this game technically. As most of you know every model has bones which control the movement of the characters. Regular characters have 60+ or so bones, some over 100 iirc. Even a simple character like Jiggz has 63 I think. The characters with the fewest bones are tied between Red Green and Yellow Alloys at 33 bones (Blue Alloy has like 60). Waluigi has 31 bones. I haven't checked other AT models and such for bone count, but Waluigi likely has more than the average non character model.

It seems that most animations in Brawl deal with bones through their bone index, not the bone name (this is quite annoying). Now Red Alloy has a bone called ThrowN, which judging by the name has got to do something with his throws. Problem is though, this bone on Red Alloy is the last bone, with an index of 33. Waluigi doesn't have a 33rd bone (or 32nd) so when the grab makes a call to the bone at the 33rd index and it sees there isnt one, that's why the game freezes. Any animation that refers to bone 32 or 33 freezes the game, so I'm assuming this footstool problem is because of that. I have a couple ideas that could be a temporary fix for it. Oh yea, Waluigi does have a ThrowN bone btw, it's just at index 31 so everything is still messed up.

Alloys have most of the information for things they don't use. An Alloy's pac file still has all of the entries needed for working with items, it's just that they aren't programmed to use them. Think of it this way, when you normally use an Alloy they don't have a win or lose animation. There isn't even the animation for it in their motion pac. So I added some win loss animations to the motion pac (from Falcon, though I used Waluigi laughing for Win2 as I'm sure you've seen) but they still didn't work in the game... However there was a code made (included in the gct with my Waluigi pac) that grants Alloys the ability to use win loss animations, despite not even being included in the first place. Sooooo... let's look at item use. Waluigi/Red Alloy has all of the PSA commands for using items, but no animations for it. Sounds an awful lot like the win loss conundrum. So what I've done now is go through all of the important item commands (about 35 in total, no need to bother with things like a screw attack animation or a hammer), got the animations from Marth (as he has a sword in the same hand Waluigi has a racket so it looks quite appropriate) and created new animations in the Motion pac for these 35 things and replaced them in (this is why you'll notice the file size jump quite a bit in the next Waluigi release). So now we have all the entries in PSA and all of the animations ready to go. All we need now is someone to make a code just like the one to enable win loss animations for enabling this item stuff and we should have items for Waluigi/Red Alloy.

As for specials, I'm stumped. I'm still testing some things out which I won't mention until I know if it works or not (don't wanna sound like an idiot if it doesn't :p) but one idea I have is something that we can do until his grabs work. Ok so the Catch command in PSA is triggered in Brawl by hitting the grab button. So what we do is remove all of the data in the Catch command (which I already did to remove his ability to grab, which btw he still does the animation it's just that he can never grab an enemy) and replace it with a "special attack" that is triggered by hittin Z (or whatever your grab button is). I tried to make a special that spawns a bobomb in his hand (lolbroken) but it didn't work because I forgot he can't use items :p That was the last thing I did so I didn't get to try a differ thing yet so I'll get to that tomorrow. Additionally I could add an if statement to the start of the catch command to check to see the direction of the analog stick, so I could do a check for if it's up then do a up special move perhaps (not sure how exactly I'll control multiple animations in one sub routine but I'll look into it). Then when you play Waluigi have a separate set of controls having your B button set to grab and it will feel like you're using specials. I've already made a custom animation (lol it's hardly custom, just a modified jump animation) for a special Super Waluigi Jump that could be used for his up special. Another neat idea, since there is a command for pivot grabbing, we could make a unique "Pivot Special"

So yea, a bunch of random thoughts and insight on the progress and future of Waluigi. More later tomorrow when I wake up and work on this more.

Top Bottom