• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just made my own quick one cause I was too lazy to look for one when I first started the project lol. It's literally just a 40 character CSS in the order of the characters ID numers, so the character code like was like
01020304 05060708
09101112 13141516
lol

so it's all the standard characters + red and yellow alloys

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Dang, alternate costumes, too? I think it's safe to say that this is the first official semi-custom character for Brawl! (semi-custom, because the animations were already in the assist trophy, so not 100% custom)

Now for Blaziken...

When you have the time, could you post the exact CSS code you used? I want to add it to my list of currently-used Brawl codes.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
Could you PM me the CSS codes you had used? I had some other codes I wanted to add on. Thanks! Awesome project btw :D

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If this wasn't an awsome enough project, I had a BIG grin when I saw Canadian Waluigi, i'd SO main him if I played with hacks! Next to Luigi of course :p

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Could you post the .txt that shows what all the codes in the .gct? That'd be great.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i dont have a txt version
use gctedit and u can get a txt file thats like 75% encoded or so
but i have all the codes u could possibly need for vBrawl in there so its fine
it has unlimited replays, camera, sd file load, alloy win loss, CSS, default settings, etc

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
This is currently my favorite thread.
I regret not having the experience needed to help with the programming or coding, but I do an idea to offer. When I tried Waluigi out last night, my friends and I were joking about hitting items with his tennis racket and it occurred to me that this could make an very unique and interesting special move:

Waluigi quickly produces a tennis ball and toss it in a self-serving manner in front of himself. As the ball falls, Waluigi times his swing by pressing b again, and, depending on when he does so, the speed and trajectory of the ball is changed. It might also include timing for a slightly stronger "power shot" somewhere. If the ball reaches the ground, it simply disappears.
I suggest this as his neutral special.

I know specials are not possible(though your idea of faking them on the Z-button excites me) and I know custom projectiles are not possible yet, but if you like my idea I hope you will implement it once it is possible.

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to spawn a smoke bomb at a specific point in front of Waluigi, with a specified starting speed and trajectory? It's no tennis ball, but with a few tweaks, it could be entertaining for now.
-No smoke
-Always hits instead of sticking
-Tennis ball texture

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Todd.

He hits a Soccer Ball with a Tennis Racket.

That would be SO Waluigi.

Especially amazing if you finish the match with it. WA-LU-I-GI YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

gigasteve

Smash Ace
People actually use my Ganon's Ship texture?
Anywho good work, i'm gonna go try him out soon.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im still working on replacing all of the moves, but the only moves he has that are still redalloy/falcon at this point are

bair utilt dsamsh usmash

so hes almost not a clone anymore

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I was just about to say, I forgot about Bair.

And Chibo, you have Dsmash listed as:
AttackS4Lw - Waluigi's Racket Swing

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Oh, whoops. Read it wrong.

A Wario Dsmash, but with Waluigi sized properly could be pretty cool.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
How about Luigi or Mario's Tornado for his Nair?

He should also have a really powerful kick somewhere, like Sonic's FThrow animation.

CHAOSvsORDER

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you guys are doing an amazing job rectifying the travesty of not having Waluigi as a playable character. I was wondering, is it at all possible to have a crawl at this stage? If you do plan to implement a crawl for Waluigi,

is it gonna be him swimming along the ground?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I will likely release v.04 tomorrow

Unfortunately though I can not fix the footstool bug. Can anyone think of a way to make Waluigi unfootstoolable?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I already thought of that, but I'd rather not mess with other characters.

Is there a way that code can be modifed just so Waluigi (Red Alloy) can't be footstooled?
btw Waluigi can footstool fine.

Also, not being able to be footstooled is sort of a balancing mechanic atm for not being able to upB lol

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I assume it's possible. You'd just have to write the No-footstools code to only apply to Red Alloy. It's doable I'd assume, just have to get one of the 2 coders to do it :p

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I haven't tested Waluigi yet, but is the gct just the codes to run him or does it include all the Brawl+ ones too? Either way can you include a text for those of us that have to use the snapshot method?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Jab
Utilt
Bair
Dsmash
Usmash
i forgot jab was falcons, but its only hit one. the second jab hit isnt falcon, and since the release of v.03 (so itl be in v.04) i removed the third hit of the jab combo so it now goes jab > racket swing

---

as for the gct, its vB stuff not B+

the only codes u need for Waluigi really is just the ability to select him (via CSS) and the Alloys Win/Loss poses enabled. Besides that, the other codes in my OP are (vB) default settings, inf replays, camera, sd file replace, things like that.

PND

Smash Champion
Chibo, if work doesn't slaughter me tomorrow I'll send over the animation. Until taunts are working we could use it as a win pose or whatever.

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
im still working on replacing all of the moves, but the only moves he has that are still redalloy/falcon at this point are

bair utilt dsamsh usmash

so hes almost not a clone anymore
Suggestions:

Bair - Walugi spins 360 once hitting behind him with his racket. Could DK's nair animation be used for this?

utilt - Marth or Link's Utilt?

Dsmash- It make MUCH more sense for his 5-stomp to be a Dsmash rather than a Dtilt. Consider that as an assist trophy it is portrayed as powerful enough to impale people into the ground. Also, considering the length and style of the attack, it just feels more natural as a Dsmash.

Usmash- No ideas.

Also, I haven't heard your opinion of my tennis ball idea, Chibo. I'm particularly interested in if you think it could be possible to partially fake with edited smoke bombs or team healers.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I like the tennis ball idea though it's impossible until we get specials working. It will require way too many subactions that Waluigi doesn't have access to.

Atm I'm trying to find some way I can have him spawn a soccer ball but I can't find a way at all.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'll need to find the spawn/hold item functions again. just be aware that the function for throwing the held item automatically is incredibly wonkey.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, well it looks like they took down the pas threads on brawlplus.net, so i can't easily find where i posted the codes to spawn/pickup items. leaf may know what they are though.

edit: you can also maybe look at snake's neutral b. that might work.

Snake's Neutral B:

Generate Article: D
100A0300: 0-D, 0-39, 0-2
Generate Article: C
10050200: 0-C. 3-0,
Asynchronous Timer: frames=9
10050200: 0-C, 3-1,

Top Bottom