• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The biggest thing is the model swap (that's at least what determines it to be a new character imo)
If you look at Geno you can obviously tell he still looks like Toon Link in many ways.

Also, even though Alloys are limiting, I do like it how Waluigi doesn't replace a normal character like Geno does.

Edit: I'm probably going to release a download of Waluigi soon that includes him in Brawl+. I've yet to play him in it and I'm sure it'll be pretty interesting, perhaps even an half decent character considering how much I buffed some of his moves to make up for little defenses (his fsmash is rly strong). This guy combos in vBrawl, lets see how he does in + lol.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
umm halp plex?

I'm using OS 1.9.1 (which has always worked for me). I used your .gct file for the CSS code, played as Waluigi and an Alloy, then the game froze while I was trying to do roll-dodges. So I turned my Wii off. I then tried to load my own very very very beta character (over Cpt Falcon), and it froze at the strap loader screen. I reset my Wii, and it still won't load past the strap screen. I tried deleting my beta character, deleting your .gct, deleting Waluigi, deleting the zakoboy folder in Fighter...nothing works.

Could it be the actual SD card itself thats the problem? Could it be because I tried to load a model over a non-Alloy character? Is there perhaps a hidden file I need to get rid of? Does anyone think that I have a corrupted common5 (or a corrupted anything else, for that matter)?
Am I asking this in the wrong thread or something?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I already explained in another thread how it can be done but I need someone to make a code for it to work

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
This looks very fun, the only things wrong are the SFX (which is out of our league atm), ledge grabbing, specials, and the fact that the game freezes if WaLuigi has too much landing lag... which doesnt make a whole lotta sense, but w/e. in fact, the ony thing keeping me from trying this out is the random landing freezing. once thats fixed, ill be able to give some constructive criticism.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
This looks very fun, the only things wrong are the SFX (which is out of our league atm), ledge grabbing, specials, and the fact that the game freezes if WaLuigi has too much landing lag... which doesnt make a whole lotta sense, but w/e. in fact, the ony thing keeping me from trying this out is the random landing freezing. once thats fixed, ill be able to give some constructive criticism.
It's really rare for it to happen, which is why I haven't nailed down exactly what the problem is. I played like 6 or so CPU matches yesterday while making it (3 of which are the recorded ones) and like a good 10 minutes of endless training mode and that video 3 was the only time that freeze happened.
The being footstooled freeze is a lot worse since that can happen a lot unexpectedly from your opponent.

I really need codes to make Red Alloy unable to be footstooled, the ability to enable item use, shielding, and ledge grabbing.

If you noticed the extreme increase in size from Waluigi 0.02 to 0.04 (well not that big lol, like an extra meg) it's because I added all of the animations for him to use items, so the moment the code is made to enable the ability, he's ready to go.

Another extremely important thing is finding a way to break this file size limit on FitZakoBoy.pac. It's like 82-85 or so kb as a limit and it's really killing me. I'm pushing the limit as it is, and I can't do too much work until that limit is gone. I need someone really good with PSA to help me start editing moves soon.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
It's really rare for it to happen, which is why I haven't nailed down exactly what the problem is. I played like 6 or so CPU matches yesterday while making it (3 of which are the recorded ones) and like a good 10 minutes of endless training mode and that video 3 was the only time that freeze happened.
The being footstooled freeze is a lot worse since that can happen a lot unexpectedly from your opponent.

I really need codes to make Red Alloy unable to be footstooled, the ability to enable item use, shielding, and ledge grabbing.

If you noticed the extreme increase in size from Waluigi 0.02 to 0.04 (well not that big lol, like an extra meg) it's because I added all of the animations for him to use items, so the moment the code is made to enable the ability, he's ready to go.

Another extremely important thing is finding a way to break this file size limit on FitZakoBoy.pac. It's like 82-85 or so kb as a limit and it's really killing me. I'm pushing the limit as it is, and I can't do too much work until that limit is gone. I need someone really good with PSA to help me start editing moves soon.
Oh ok, I thought it was frequent. I have a CSS that was built with PW's program, so it isn't a code... would I be able to use WaLuigi if I just used the on the fly character switcher code? for some reason alloys, giga and warioman dont show up, and zss+shiek only show if you use a code to force them to show...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as long as u have a way to switch to red alloy ur fine. just include the code Alloys Wins/Losses Poses into your GCT for the full Waluigi experience lol

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
as long as u have a way to switch to red alloy ur fine. just include the code Alloys Wins/Losses Poses into your GCT for the full Waluigi experience lol
Lol ok, thanks man. Hmm... I think I've got an idea for a recolor. Are the ones in the OP already team based and stuff? This would just be an extra costume. I don't have a character on my keyboard for proper spelling though...

EDIT: The file you're trying to acess is temporarily unavailable.
:(

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm maybe this new guard should be taken into consideration. I mean if there's a way to press a grab/shield button to give you invincibility frames, why not make it work like a shield? Like getting the frames but take no damage. But also make it so it can't be spammed. Like time mage zeldas mp charge? I mean this is just a suggestion but it can be made to substitute until someone is able to get shields actually working?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
@Oni K4ge: The Alloys and their inability to use specials/shields is a limitation within Brawl itself. This is why I say it can't be changed.

Oh, sure, you guys may have figured out how to fight on SSE stages and swap character models, but that's different.

Now we're talking about giving abilities to characters who aren't programmed to use them. It's like trying to FORCE Sandbag into being able to attack in Melee without crashing OR using move swaps...

If the game complains because of file sizes, I believe there is nothing that can be done. If the game is forcing the Alloys' pacs into being a certain size (and since the B button doesn't respond at all even when they are given animations for Specials [except when you try to use a Final Smash]), all that can be done is to make a code that allows bigger pacs. But I'm certain that that will be far too unstable to work.

It's a limitation of the game disc itself and I cannot concieve that a code can be made to change an in-game limitation.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm maybe this new guard should be taken into consideration. I mean if there's a way to press a grab/shield button to give you invincibility frames, why not make it work like a shield? Like getting the frames but take no damage. But also make it so it can't be spammed. Like time mage zeldas mp charge? I mean this is just a suggestion but it can be made to substitute until someone is able to get shields actually working?
I'm unable to program anything for the shield button on an Alloy until a code is made. Though I kind of like how the LiO technique is both unique and looks funny. It fits Waluigi. PNDMike already worked on programming one of his specials to be a counter of sorts and this could possibly be the animation that Waluigi does when you do the counter.

@Oni K4ge: The Alloys and their inability to use specials/shields is a limitation within Brawl itself. This is why I say it can't be changed.

Oh, sure, you guys may have figured out how to fight on SSE stages and swap character models, but that's different.

Now we're talking about giving abilities to characters who aren't programmed to use them. It's like trying to FORCE Sandbag into being able to attack in Melee without crashing OR using move swaps...

If the game complains because of file sizes, I believe there is nothing that can be done. If the game is forcing the Alloys' pacs into being a certain size (and since the B button doesn't respond at all even when they are given animations for Specials [except when you try to use a Final Smash]), all that can be done is to make a code that allows bigger pacs. But I'm certain that that will be far too unstable to work.

It's a limitation of the game disc itself and I cannot concieve that a code can be made to change an in-game limitation.
I just dont understand why the limitation is there in the first place. Can people find it in the game code? Why can it load a multi-hundred kb pac of one character, but it can't of another? Is it perhaps a limitation of the SD File Replacement code? That has been updated a bunch of times to allow for new replacements (like music) so I don't see why it can't be patched to allow bigger Alloy pac sizes.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'm unable to program anything for the shield button on an Alloy until a code is made. Though I kind of like how the LiO technique is both unique and looks funny. It fits Waluigi. PNDMike already worked on programming one of his specials to be a counter of sorts and this could possibly be the animation that Waluigi does when you do the counter.
I like that idea! :) It's so like Waluigi!

I just dont understand why the limitation is there in the first place. Can people find it in the game code? Why can it load a multi-hundred kb pac of one character, but it can't of another? Is it perhaps a limitation of the SD File Replacement code? That has been updated a bunch of times to allow for new replacements (like music) so I don't see why it can't be patched to allow bigger Alloy pac sizes.
Don't ask me, man, I didn't code the game. If I did, I'd make it easier to hack, because hacking Smash games is a blast to do.

Someone look into this.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Hey Chibo, could you tell me how you applied Waluigi's model? I'm doing Saki, and I've gotten the model + Animations to work to a point, but the texture doesn't work at all, it swaps with the stage, like BOE, it swaps with the Twilight portal, which looks awesome, but its not what I'm looking for =p

PND

Smash Champion
Awesome New Waluigi is Awesome and New

But yeah, I have already made a counter for Waluigi -- the animations for it are complete, I just need to PSA the moves to behave like I have planned. Basically, he laughs. If you hit him during the laugh he does his stomp animation and grounds you into the ground. If you used it in the air he does his air stomp which will spike the opponent -- perfect for intercepting predictable recoveries.

And no work tonight! Woo! I finally get a day off. So I'll spend my day working on Waluigi instead, lol

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Awesome New Waluigi is Awesome and New

But yeah, I have already made a counter for Waluigi -- the animations for it are complete, I just need to PSA the moves to behave like I have planned. Basically, he laughs. If you hit him during the laugh he does his stomp animation and grounds you into the ground. If you used it in the air he does his air stomp which will spike the opponent -- perfect for intercepting predictable recoveries.

And no work tonight! Woo! I finally get a day off. So I'll spend my day working on Waluigi instead, lol
Awesome idea. So, this is a planned Special if ever you're able to work them?

PND

Smash Champion
So I finally finished the crotch chop animation that I had been working so hard on, tweaked everything to look perfect.

Put it in the game, his arms disappear and he grows a huge underbite. WTF. Okay, obviously I screwed up with an entry somewhere but I can't find it -- or keyframes screwed me somehow. Either way, I think I'm going to wait until drag and drop animation is possible before continuing with such an ambitious animation. I'll gladly send the animation to anyone who wants to see such a monstrosity.

Until then, what should I be working on? I might tweak a couple of the textures, (The x and Black ones, mostly) but I'm looking for something else to contribute to this project.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hmm, I seem to be getting a T-Stance when trying to do the A-A-A combo...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Are you going to hold off on all animations for now? We might be able to find some that are out there though without making custom but atm we need:
-bair
-bair landing
-fair landing

we need to do something with walking, which might require a custom animation

I can't remember off the top of my head but there's an animation or two out there that will make him jump a little or sink him for a split second, so we need to nail down what those are and fix them

A lot of PSA work needs to be done for attacks (making appropriate hitboxes for fair, dair, ftilt, attack12, etc), and some hitboxes need a lil tweaking (nair, fsmash)

I'm gonna make his current dtilt his dsmash and marth or ike's dtilt his new dtilt. in that case, he'l need a animation for start and hold of dsmash

You already mentioned textures and the only thing that really stands out is his mustache needs to be fixed for Fire Flower. I also wanna make some textures myself, probably some more costumes dealing with like a better ice flower costume (even though that wasnt meant to be ice flower but i named it that lol) among other neat ideas I have

It's really just a lot of fixing up and stuff right now.

I'd say the main thing will be fixing up the little animation problems here and there because then we can (or hopefully someone really good with PSA) make his moves act appropriately through PSA.

We then need coders to figure out
-Enabling item, shield, taunts, ledge grab, and specials use (all of the animations are already in there for items)
-Find a way to get custom sound effects
-Make it so he can't be footstooled
-redirect red alloy's CSS icon, portrait, and CBP to one of the unused ones that we can texture edit

And we have to nail down the landing glitch as seen in v0.04 test video 3.

uhg its a lot, but its rly just a bunch of mini steps we have to work on until the next release

Hmm, I seem to be getting a T-Stance when trying to do the A-A-A combo...
That makes no sense. He doesn't even have a A-A-A anymore, it's just a A-A now. It's only a one two hit, jab then racket swing.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
That makes no sense. He doesn't even have a A-A-A anymore, it's just a A-A now. It's only a one two hit, jab then racket swing.
ya, thats what I mean. like, sometimes if I just hold A, he does Captain Falcons first jab over and over. but if I press A-A, he goes into T stance. This happens all the time with alloys too, btw >_>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Something is probably wrong on your end especially if that's happening to all of the Alloys lol. I honestly don't know what to say, but I can guarantee you that I don't have that problem, nor will you see it in any of the vids.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Something is probably wrong on your end especially if that's happening to all of the Alloys lol. I honestly don't know what to say, but I can guarantee you that I don't have that problem, nor will you see it in any of the vids.
Yeah, I was almost sure it was a problem on my end too lol. Well... I'm not really sure what to do about it X_X maybe I'll ask in a support thread.

PND

Smash Champion
K, working on a new bair now. Looks pretty cool so far, I just need to edit out the massive startup for it. . . .ugh. Basically, cutting and pasting the animation frame by frame, bone by bone. It'll look awesome when it's done, though.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
lol, i gots random suggestion!
How bout upside down Shoryuken opposite of Luigi's UpB? XD
It travels downward but jumps up first, downward motion is where the hitbox appears

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
lol, i gots random suggestion!
How bout upside down Shoryuken opposite of Luigi's UpB? XD
It travels downward but jumps up first, downward motion is where the hitbox appears
Meh.
As far as reversed luigi moves go, my vote is for an upside-down tornado with him balancing on his head.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
Meh.
As far as reversed luigi moves go, my vote is for an upside-down tornado with him balancing on his head.
I don't think that'd look too good. I think he should have the Whirluigi special from Mario Power Tennis instead. Where he forms his upside down L shape with his body, and then spins around with his racket. It would be pretty good, but would require custom animation(s).

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that'd look too good. I think he should have the Whirluigi special from Mario Power Tennis instead. Where he forms his upside down L shape with his body, and then spins around with his racket. It would be pretty good, but would require custom animation(s).
If he were to spin on his head in a break dancing sort of way, I think it would weirdly fit him, but I like your idea, as well. Your idea sounds like it would certainly be easier to make a recognizable animation for, and it's something he's done in another game.
The only game I've played with Waluigi in it is Mario Kart Double Dash, so my perspective is a bit hindered.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Gah, the download link is "Currently unavailable"

Anybody wanna upload it? I need to do some cross comparison.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Oh, you cannot add SFX to his moves from other character's files? Hmm... I thought at least THAT was possible... :/

Gaddswell

Smash Cadet
It's been a while since I got the Waluigi AT, but doesn't he have some voice clips whenever he comes out and does his attacks? Is there any way to get them over onto the alloy?

khortonworld

Smash Rookie
It Works Great !!! But A Few Glitches.... When You Kill A Enemy The Game Freezes. Final Smash You Stand There And Glow Until A Enemy Hits You. And Also How Do You Get The Textures For Him?

P.S : It Replaces All Captain Falcon For Some Reason. Why Doesn't It Only Replace 1?

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
It Works Great !!! But A Few Glitches.... When You Kill A Enemy The Game Freezes. Final Smash You Stand There And Glow Until A Enemy Hits You. And Also How Do You Get The Textures For Him?

P.S : It Replaces All Captain Falcon For Some Reason. Why Doesn't It Only Replace 1?
Captain Falcon? You mean Red Alloy.

And the Final Smash thing is common for all Alloys. It can't be fixed ATM.

m.vit

Smash Rookie
about the SFX, theres no need for importing it to the red alloy, just need to repoint to the AT sounds using PSA

Top Bottom