• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PSA 0.2 Beta discussion topic.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm guessing Nana had her own folder or something? The B+ codes currently don't apply to her very well either.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I was messing around with Ness's jumps and somehow he went through the stage upon double jumping.
I'm not sure what I did.
Any thoughts?

MaxThunder

PM Support
... i think you removed collision bubbles whith object... probably not right cause i dont even know if there is any on the double jump ... but someone else might know for sure...

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I edited Zelda's jumps.
Apparently once you pass the death boundary you can never come down.
I stayed up there forever unless I used naryu's Love.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt tested anything yet as im on vacation away from a wii till tomorrow, but iv still been looking into this

one mini project i was gonna do to mess around with this program was to edit sonic, and sort of reduce his extreme amount of spin moves lol. its classic, but multiple spin dashes, his dsmash, and more gets a lil old imo

so i wanna put the animation from his dtaunt onto his dsmash for starters (then modify hitbox data later but thats another thing which shouldnt be too hard)

so iv got the sonic file loaded up into PSA and im going through the sub actions in the sub actions tab.
The action list here (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6616551&postcount=6628) says that DSmash is 02E, but 2E in PSA is None
I scrolled through everything, and I don't see anything that looks like DSmash...

so i guess my first step is to find the smash attacks
does anyone know where i can find em?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Weird question but could someone upload the .NET framework update? When I dl it from microsoft.com it doesn't work. >.>;

Revven

FrankerZ
so i guess my first step is to find the smash attacks
does anyone know where i can find em?
Smashes start at 58. Taunts start at 1BC or around there. If you want to switch animations, change the name of the animation to the one you want it to change to then if you need to create hitboxes, click Add and go from there (not sure if this will actually WORK). If adding hitboxes doesn't work, just copy/paste the Dsmash hitboxes anyway to make it easier.

It's all actually pretty simple. Only trouble is, you can't really change any frame speed if ever (afaik anyway).

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yawn. I decided to do some work.
I used info from the programs data dir to make a parser that outputs the attributes of all the characters in a csv file. Anyways, heres sourrrce
Code:
#Dantarion's SA pac parser
#Python
import os
import struct
attributes = []
with open("Data/Attributes.txt","r") as file:
    for i in range(0, 185):
        tmp = file.readline()
        current = []
        current.append(int(tmp[3:tmp.find(" ")],16))
        if(tmp.find(" ") != -1):
            current.append(tmp[tmp.find(" ")+1:len(tmp)].rstrip('\n'))
        else:
            current.append("Unknown")
        current.append(file.readline())
        file.readline()
        attributes.append(current)
outfile = open("data.csv","w");
outfile.write("Filename,");
for attribute in attributes:
    outfile.write(attribute[1]+",")
outfile.write('\n')
for filename in os.listdir("PAC"):
    outfile.write(filename+",")
    with open("PAC/"+filename,"rb") as file:
        for attribute in attributes:
               file.seek(0x80+attribute[0])
               outfile.write(str(struct.unpack(">f",file.read(0x4))[0])+",")
    outfile.write('\n')
outfile.close();
And...for those who just want to know the result of this...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QNYZU3TR

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
lol this is so amazing and yet I have no idea how to use it. So like to add an effect, say I want a dark fair for peach. I modify the graphic effect right? Or is it totally different.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i kno when im working on balancing on s brawl im def gonna use this method instead of the hitbox mod code, its so much easier. brawl+ should change it as well imo. it makes it easier for ppl to become coders.

ok so i found the taunts. so for smashes its AttackSxxx they start at 56 on Sonic. How did PW change the charge up animations? wouldnt those be new? then again i dont remember, but he didnt have new charge up anims.

and yea if i kept the dsmash hitbox data, i could just change the anim and be done with it, since the hitbox data is there, so no need to mod it.

my first 2 projects are gonna be sonic and toon link (im so disgusted with toon link in brawl lol) il find a way to make the wind waker an attack!

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't know if PW will see this, but it's possible this is user error I guess.

The following .pac files don't load at all (using the .pacs from the original post here, I assume they're non-corrupt).

FitDedede (King Dedede) [loads but with very obviously wrong values]
FitPokeFushigisou (Ivysaur)
FitPokeLizardon (Charizard)
FitPokeTrainer (Pokemon Trainer)
FitPokeZenigame (Squirtle)

All of the others open and are seemingly working correctly (including the alloys, Giga Bowser, and Warioman). I don't know what the deal with everything involved with the PT is, and the way King Dedede loads garbage is just bizarre. Am I the only one with these issues, or is it as I suspect and there's a general issue in the current beta that's having issues with these .pac files (I don't really expect FitPokeTrainer to ever work and honestly have no idea what's supposed to be in that file at all but the others are pretty important).

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't know if PW will see this, but it's possible this is user error I guess.

The following .pac files don't load at all (using the .pacs from the original post here, I assume they're non-corrupt).

FitDedede (King Dedede) [loads but with very obviously wrong values]
FitPokeFushigisou (Ivysaur)
FitPokeLizardon (Charizard)
FitPokeTrainer (Pokemon Trainer)
FitPokeZenigame (Squirtle)

All of the others open and are seemingly working correctly (including the alloys, Giga Bowser, and Warioman). I don't know what the deal with everything involved with the PT is, and the way King Dedede loads garbage is just bizarre. Am I the only one with these issues, or is it as I suspect and there's a general issue in the current beta that's having issues with these .pac files (I don't really expect FitPokeTrainer to ever work and honestly have no idea what's supposed to be in that file at all but the others are pretty important).

I am getting this too. I have modded peach as I wanted, but ivysaur's wont open. O_o

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Can't wait for a guide on this- does this allow you to change move elements? I wanna give Samus aura moves and electric moves so she fits mah Dark Sammy texture >:]

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Can't wait for a guide on this- does this allow you to change move elements? I wanna give Samus aura moves and electric moves so she fits mah Dark Sammy texture >:]
Yes sir. Im finding the aura id right now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thats odd, makes no sense. il test it tomorrow when im home (DDD and co). in the rare chance the pacs u DLd are faulty. iv been ripping the pacs im using straight from the disc myself

if someone can edit the trainer pac.... GIVE HIM ATTACKS! lol

Revven

FrankerZ
i kno when im working on balancing on s brawl im def gonna use this method instead of the hitbox mod code, its so much easier. brawl+ should change it as well imo. it makes it easier for ppl to become coders.

ok so i found the taunts. so for smashes its AttackSxxx they start at 56 on Sonic. How did PW change the charge up animations? wouldnt those be new? then again i dont remember, but he didnt have new charge up anims.
If it's for the Dtaunt animation, I'm not so sure how you would do that with a charge animation. Usually, the smashes have a Start, Hold (charge), and End after the name of them for the smash attack. So replace each charge animation with the new Dtaunt animation.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Does anyone have Nana's .pac? She's character ID 10h, and I bet editing that edits her in general (my assumption is that loading character 0Fh, Popo, causes the game to load an AI partner who is character 10h, Nana).

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Just remembered that Shadow Queen Peach is possible at last...gotta get to my computer...

Revven

FrankerZ
Does anyone have Nana's .pac? She's character ID 10h, and I bet editing that edits her in general (my assumption is that loading character 0Fh, Popo, causes the game to load an AI partner who is character 10h, Nana).
If nobody gets it by tomorrow, I'll look for it tomorrow with the ISO. No promises though... there may not actually BE a .pac of her.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
then how is there a difference for moves like fair, how nanas meteors and popos doesnt. a if statement?

btw iv got my new moveset for sonic planned out, if all goes correctly its gonna be awesome

Sr. P & R

Smash Apprentice
Lol, this is fun to play around with.:laugh:

I gave Mr. Game & Watch

• Faster dash than sonic
  • If Parachute canceled in the air results in airdodge
  • Landed Parachute results in instant Dsmash
  • Can't jump(Lol messed up there)
  • All judgement moves have effect of 9
  • Instantly reverses momentum on turn
  • DI that Wario would envy
As you can see, I can't do much more that edit attributes. Although, I did find the Sub-Actions for the Judgement hammers out of luck(1D0-1D8 if anybody cares).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just tested DDD, doesnt work for me either
his actions only go up to like 27? lol

as for popo's fair, all offensive collisions there all send in the same direction, and theres no if statements

edit: ^^^ ZOMG ICE MISSILES! lol

Top Bottom