• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PT FS: TF = OMG

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is an interesting Final Smash... it looks like it will be absolutely lethal in close range, but maybe not as much in long range since all of the 3 blasts presumably go in different directions and speed. The Pokemon text is an amusing touch as well, and I bet having a Super Effective attack will be more satisfying than ever, now!

One thing has me interested about the little message box as well though. I wonder if it say "It's not very effective" or "the attack missed" as well?

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Well, this is an interesting Final Smash... it looks like it will be absolutely lethal in close range, but maybe not as much in long range since all of the 3 blasts presumably go in different directions and speed. The Pokemon text is an amusing touch as well, and I bet having a Super Effective attack will be more satisfying than ever, now!

One thing has me interested about the little message box as well though. I wonder if it say "It's not very effective" or "the attack missed" as well?
probably if someone has a Star or a Franklin Badge

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
@Peach-man
I don't think he'll talk at all. In stadium games, he doesn't talk. No one does. It's all just text based.
Plus, he's not Ash...so having that be his voice would be disappointing. No voice is better I think.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
@Peach-man
I don't think he'll talk at all. In stadium games, he doesn't talk. No one does. It's all just text based.
Plus, he's not Ash...so having that be his voice would be disappointing. No voice is better I think.
Of course he didnt talk in the stadium games...They didnt show a 3d version of Him XD

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
The Pokemon Trainer's final smash is pretty awesome. I like the little addition of the dialogue boxes that say "It's super effective!" and whatever. Mr. Resetti has that too. Interesting. ;o

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
The Pokemon Trainer's final smash is pretty awesome. I like the little addition of the dialogue boxes that say "It's super effective!" and whatever. Mr. Resetti has that too. Interesting. ;o
That would be weird and cool if u heard the voice from the Stadium games XD

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
@Metaknight's Sword

They did show a 3D version of him if you put in your LeafGreen or FireRed game and used the Pokemon from there.

*by stadium I meant Colosseum for the GC :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This came to me as quite a shock... Combining their moves? They never do that in the games, and I thought PT was really going off of the games... oh well.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Secretly Pokémon Trainer is part of Team Rocket. Only they use more than one Pokémon during a fight.

Arteen

Smash Lord
This came to me as quite a shock... Combining their moves? They never do that in the games, and I thought PT was really going off of the games... oh well.
Consider it like a double battle in the newer games, where you can use two Pokemon at once.

Anyways, I like it. I also like how all the attacks are the original ultimate moves that would appeal to wider range of fans instead of newer ones that only the more recent players would know. It does a great job of maintaining the old-school Pokemon theme.

I also like how he doesn't throw out another playable Pokemon. This will stop the speculation that Mewtwo would be his final smash. We really don't one character slot taking up four whole characters, and we already have Samus who transforms into Zamus and Zelda who has a good chance of still transforming into Sheik. Another playable Pokemon as the final smash would have been overkill. If Brawl gets another playable Pokemon, I'd prefer that it gets its own character slot. The other possibility is that his final smash would be similar to using a legendary pokeball item, but that wouldn't be nearly as neat.

GDhunter95

Smash Apprentice

Oh? And since when is Withdraw an attack that can do damage in the games?

and Ivysaur's use of Vine Whip so far has definitely been a nod at the anime.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Text boxes confirmed.
LOL.. WOOT!

Secretly Pokémon Trainer is part of Team Rocket. Only they use more than one Pokémon during a fight.
Apparently so is the entire region of Hoenn and Sinnoh. Heh.. I kid. I see your point..but now a days trainers can have double battles.

I really can't wait to use PT. I wanna try out the other characters too..but Pt is shaping up to be my favorite.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
I wonder how the text box is gonna affect gameplay.. >.>, im starting to think all FS are like cinematic but i cant say that for every character. *CONFUSING*

Alcorn

Smash Rookie
It looks pretty awesome, even though it's almost exactly what i anticipated.

Did anyone else notice Ivysaur's vines helping to balance him on his front legs? I thought it was a nice little detail.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
It was the same thing in Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2.

But now it just looks like Flamethrower.
I dunno about that, look at it closely. It's hard to tell among all the special effects going off, but I can just barely make out the Fire Blast's arms there. It's like the stick figure is bowing forward, chest out, but the stick figure is there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I dunno about that, look at it closely. It's hard to tell among all the special effects going off, but I can just barely make out the Fire Blast's arms there. It's like the stick figure is bowing forward, chest out, but the stick figure is there.
It's not a stick figure, it's the Japanese symbol for fire (I think).

Yep, this Final Smash is cool.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
It's not a stick figure, it's the Japanese symbol for fire (I think).

Yep, this Final Smash is cool.
That would be SO freaking cool! Perhaps when it went over to America, the anime changed it into a stick figure by adding that middle connector, as the japanese symbol for fire is two of those wierd almost triangle-y shapes, but not connected.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
this is soooo not fair....
PT and Diddy kong's FS is in brawl
but thier are a few charecters how came before and we did not see thier FS
not fair:(

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Also to note, the Japanese name for their final smash, さんみいったい, can also mean Trinity (not just having the religious connotation)...so I immedtiately thought of Kingdom Hearts~~

Also Charizard seems like he's letting out the daimonji symbol...it's just on its side
Trinity also means three.. Nothing to do with kingdom hearts.

Charizard always released that symbol.

Top Bottom