• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pulp Fiction Mafia - Game over! - Mafia wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
yes but you might direct a question towards someone, such as the above.

ninjad

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Holy shiz 4 pages in a day this is ridiculous.

Might not have enough time to really make a post, but I'll try reading through everything.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright, pretty much i was saying that it was rather apparent what my thoughts were. I had essentially said the same thing 4 times or something, but you two said something was still awry.

"This is a lot less complicated than you guys are making it"
This -> my read on Shinarouji
a lot less complicated -> its right before your eyes. i said null leaning scum a few times
than you guys are making it -> i said it and even reiterated it, so i don't see how you're finding that ambiguity other than over-analyzing

i don't see them as scummates or much any connection other than they want each other dead.
Yes but in your #855 you said Null only.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Gord - Scum

The main reason I feel he is scum is because he is a nonpresence this game and when he does show up he usually just hops on the bandwagon. I also extremely disliked the tone he had when I called him out as scum when he just shrugged it off saying, "Oh you always call me scum, what makes you think you are right this time?" which to me comes off as arrogant and trying to downplay what I have to say. He hasn't done nearly anything beneficial as well.

Soupa - Town

The reason for Soupa being town is because I agree with alot he has to say. Mostly it is derived from us having what seems to be the same wavelengths besides the Gheb read but I am comfortable with what he is doing. He is scum-hunting, being an active part of town, making his opinion known, and has connections to alot of people. I seriously don't have a qualm with Soupa and I find it relaxing.

Choice - Null

See now this is a read I am extremely confused on. Most of the stuff he justs posts is meh to me. Zen at the beginning of the game when we were talking thought Choice was scum but then he flipped to him being n00btown. I was scum with Choice's first game in DGames he played really well as scum and was really convincing everyone that he was town when he was mafia. Now he seems to just be playing meh by misreading alot of things, not necessarily defending himself adequately and hopping on things for weak reasons. I find his play sloppy this game and not that meticulate as to what I saw in Dexter when he was planning his scum game.

Gheb - Scummy

I find Gheb scummy because of actually something Gord pointed out I believe. I believe his posting restriction to be fake and if his posting restriction is to follow the ABAB rhyming scheme then he has messed that up today and has had no punishment for it. This is purely speculation however. The major reasons I am finding Gheb as scum is I get that he is fluffing out his posts a bit too much with the restriction. I also thought the attack he is doing on you is weak and i'll be the first to admit it may be a bit of chainsawwing but not much. And again I bring up the town leader point where he has set himself up to be the person in charge and I never really like that because I get the vibe of "Too good to be true."

Oh, I don't think Gheb/Gord are on the same scum-team however. On either scum-flip, I would feel loads better about the other.
This doesn't make sense. You label Gorf as scum but are taking his word as law with Gheb's obviously-not-a-posting restriction (and a faked posting restriction isn't exactly scummy either, Swissai had one in RE4 and flipped town). Likewise, you're basing your read of Choice entirely around meta and that's a ****ty way to base reads. What bothers me more is you acknowledge how he's playing but you're only using it as a comparison to his scummeta. I don't like it.

Choice

Smash Champion
I ask about the people I feel are scummy. I have asked about others, such as Soup and Ryker. I just don't really ask about the quiet ones much.

Circus, Ghandi, Shina, Gord, Choice, etc. These are the ones I usually don't ask about.

In fact I have totally forgotten about RR. I'm not trying to ask about how people's reads line up with mine though. I just want people's thoughts and I add people's names that I think would be worth mentioning.
pretty sure you ask about me quite a bit actually. maybe not as frequent as others, but that's not important really.

i'll agree that some of your seem as if they're looking for the wrong thing. those typically are the questions that you don't follow up. so its not necessarily the questions, but the actions that follow.

@gheb: what caused the change of heart? prior to that vote, i think the last thing you had said about me was null leaning town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Why do your consistent questions ask for reads on pretty much the same player? By this post, you've asked at least three people within the last few pages for reads on at least Gheb, J, and I. If you were varying your people, I wouldn't throw questions about it because I'd know what you were doing but you keep asking about the same people, which suggests that you're more interested in how their reads line up with yours. That's not exactly town play. You're looking for the wrong thing if the latter is the case.
I keep asking about me and you. What of it? Knowing how your reads stand with everyone else is important, don't you agree?

Now, actually address what I've said rather than posting an image and saying you look forward to it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ran this is what I'm talking about, I asked you a question so you question it. I tell you to answer the question and you stop persuing it. You are ignoring not only answering it, but your question as well.

It seems like you are just asking questions to ask them to seem like you are doing something. In other words, fake.
I hate the "fake" scum reads as it's hard to justify but I agree Ranmaru's doing a whole lot of nothing with his questions.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I keep asking about me and you. What of it? Knowing how your reads stand with everyone else is important, don't you agree?

Now, actually address what I've said rather than posting an image and saying you look forward to it.
Let me get to it? I haven't seen a post by you yet. Still catching up.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You're funny. Let's see. I was on a quick lynch wagon at the start because it was funny. I was gone for a weekend. This is the only game out of the 5 I'm in where I'm playing alone or it isn't painfully inactive. It doesn't have the whole, "xD I get to lynch FF xD" thing going for it. I started playing a game (not mafia) yesterday with Adumb and Tiger. RotMK has pretty much the same level of content from me. You know how I feel about not being around in the early game and how it affects my play. I'm not replacing out because I hate those people and I can keep up an acceptable level of content DESPITE being in 5 games.
I haven't seen a lot out of you. Again, I recognize your plight and, having talked to you as much as I have, I know your ****.

Deal with it because your case is still entirely based on meta. These scum tells you're listing are entirely based on my previous play and you wouldn't ever dig them up against a less historically active player (see FrozenFlame for example).
Nah.

I'm looking purely at your current play. Out of pretty much everyone playing this game, I probably know you best. I know your approach. There is no ****ing way I can apply meta to your game. Given your propensity to fake an innumerable amount of **** to get reads, it's impossible to try to apply anything akin to meta to you. No one knows how you're going to play the game and you change every time. Meta is worthless for you and I'd be stupid for trying to use it.

So I'm looking entirely at your actions. You've posted content, yes, moreso than the likes of Inaro, Gorf to an extent, Red Ruy, and Ghandi, and have thrown stances out there. But I still see a whole lot of inaction out of you. You say you believe J and Red Ruy are scum but you don't really push it outside of your stupid appeal to repetition with every post containing an "unvote vote: x". That's not really pushing it though, so instead of coming off as legitimately scumhunting, you instead appear just to be separating yourself from them and hoping someone else starts the case. That's **** and I'm not buying your **** this time. Asking Soup for reads only furthers this lack of interest in your scumpicks.

Also, where the **** have I let someone decide my vote for me? I asked Soup who I should vote. I never give over control of my vote.
I don't see much of a difference between Gorf asking if you should vote and you asking where you should put your vote. There is one but allowing your reads to be dictated doesn't really suggest much of a difference from allowing your actions to be dictated, although the latter is a little more wishywashy.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Bolded is hilarious when you look at his case.

The bottom is fair point that is the only legitimate thing he's posted against me for which I have posted an explanation that you can take or leave. I'm still posting stances and asking questions.
The bolded is pretty much the consistency of my entire case. If it's not scummy, it still makes you useless. I believe the former though.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well, I guess it's about that time.

Unvote Vote Homeboy Laundry

Time to dance, Airhead, I hope you're quick on your feet. This should be fun.
Been awhile, to say the least. I thought I had avoided it but I guess this time I was the aggressor.

You're captain White Knight, coming to my aid and then Soup's.
No? No.

You failed to respond satisfactorily at all to Circus's post (which I'm still looking to see if he followed up on because I don't like the way he mentioned it multiple times and did nothing with it). Your case on me is complete and utter bull****. I understand you're deep set desire to lynch me, but this ain't your golden opportunity.
Nah, not bull****. Already explained why I'm not stupid enough to fall into the meta trap.

Then this bull****. Ran is asking straight up good questions and you are claiming he should be ignored and calling them inane.
That's because a majority of his questions are. He came in and asked how a scum team could include four people when it's pointblank obvious Soup's picking a scumteam with a few people based on a rather wonky distancing claim and options in case one flips town. Ranmaru's inability to understand that admittedly shortened my fuse. I probably overreacted but I still find a majority of the things Ranmaru asks to be bull****/useless/not directly related to scumhunting.

Was I wrong this time?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Gheb - It's split. It's really damn split. How do you suggest fixing it?
My suggestion? Look at the how and the who
And form an opinion on these constellations
For the washed vote Ghandi, the Vulture and you
In my eyes an unlikely conflation!

Do these people share opinions and in how far do they connect?
The foundations are loose - this happening does not seem correct

For the boy with one letter are voting two
One I can not yet trust and one under fire
What is it that they really intend to do?
Can't be for pressure for pressure used to be higher

Another gathering that is beyond my explanation and understanding
No support from me! Towards Gord and Choice we should be expanding!

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Except he's not. He's saying two possible scum teams of three that are from that scumpool and the reasoning he put forth was unexplained "HARD DISTANCING."

Ran's town, hater's should gtfo.
Maybe I misunderstood what Ran's asking, but, from what I can remember, Ranmaru was only asking how soup can have four men on a three-man team. The answer's blatantly obvious, so instead of explaining it (which soup had done), he and I both gave up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@gheb: what caused the change of heart? prior to that vote, i think the last thing you had said about me was null leaning town.
Never leaned town on you in the slightest!
Your unjust push against soup I still recall
I know you think he's not the brightest
But is he really suspicious? No he is none at all!

I still don't see you making attempt to truly find those who are vicious
Going after easy targets only - I still believe you are suspicious!

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, I'm all caught up.

Ran, Ghandi, Ryker:

Wait, I just remembered Ghandi had a post in there, time to ***** some more.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry. Our heads agree, but where X1 sees a bit more malintent, I just see the same bad vibes I get every game. The way he plays never agrees with me. The posts we didn't like are some of the ones Ryker's just quoted.
What is X1 saying? I can't defend against a suspicion entirely based around my playstyle.

Shina, null-leaning-town because as scum, he'd probably try harder.
:|

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

#HBC | Gorf

Nobody has good reason for scumGord jesus christ. What am I being pressured for, insufficient posting? Well what the eff is scummy about that? I'm sorry that I'm greeted to 4~5 pages of content and Ranmaru a day when I come home, and my posting is limited. Like, REALLY, I don't know why people think I'm scummy.

You guys gotta stop LEGITIMATELY gunning inactives. There's plenty'a scumpicks out here, even though I disagree with many. Gunning inactives is just lazy and stupid.

Decided. J and EE are of the same alignment. Sure (at the point that I'm reading), EE has a scum read on em, but they just sound so f***ing fake it hurts.

J said:
EE, although you are intimidating, I am not afraid to defend myself to you and prove that I am town. I am not liking you soley on just your attack on me but what you continue to do after the attack. Your 921 is a very pleasant thing to see which I get alot of town vibes from.
This is just an example, but really it's ridiculous.

I'm starting to feel a bit better about Gheb. Seeing that most, if not all, of my suspicion was meta based, I can see where that holds no water, and tbh, yea I DO get a town vibe from em. Damn it, yea, Gheb is town.

Never saw Circus pose a RykerLaundry question, but they're not aligned imo. AND FOR ALL THAT NEED SUPER CLARIFICATION: Not TvT or SvS. SvT or TvS. I'd rather Ryker dead first though.

Unvote Vote: Ryker

#HBC | ѕoup

**** you up the *** with a barbed wire pole gordito my god you need to die

#HBC | Gorf

And obtw the only reason I hadn't voted Ryker last was because he had no internet access. He's responded, I don't like it. So bang.

#HBC | Gorf

@Mod V/LA from today to Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Brother's 18th birthday tomorrow, celebrating it today/tomorrow, and sister's soccer tournament Fri-Mon. If I get posting in, it'll be super sporadic. Sorry, but that's why I can't post much in detail. I hate that I can't do as much as I really wanna, but *shrug* not much I can do about it atm.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
because i think EE/Ryker/J are hard distancing eachother right now, go look at everything that has happened, it makes sense.
Gheb can be in that list too, if i think about it.
See here. Don't see the word town or FLIP.

Maybe I misunderstood what Ran's asking, but, from what I can remember, Ranmaru was only asking how soup can have four men on a three-man team. The answer's blatantly obvious, so instead of explaining it (which soup had done), he and I both gave up.
This is a blatant lie.

So wait, you think I'm scummy for defending Soup? The ****?
Because you didn't seem to care about the question you asked him. You also seemed to try to **** block my game and would praise that of the dumb one. I also don't like how you proceed to try to over write RR as a possible lynch and then go for Ryker/Gord lynches for useless ness and meta. It seemed like you were pushing away from RR and I didn't like that. See how he disappeared?

Been awhile, to say the least. I thought I had avoided it but I guess this time I was the aggressor.

No? No.

Nah, not bull****. Already explained why I'm not stupid enough to fall into the meta trap.

That's because a majority of his questions are. He came in and asked how a scum team could include four people when it's pointblank obvious Soup's picking a scumteam with a few people based on a rather wonky distancing claim and options in case one flips town. Ranmaru's inability to understand that admittedly shortened my fuse. I probably overreacted but I still find a majority of the things Ranmaru asks to be bull****/useless/not directly related to scumhunting.

Was I wrong this time?
He didn't say that initially, that was why I asked. : / When I then ask him about Gheb he jumps to saying he wasn't so sure to hide away from giving an actual reason and you know that.

#HBC | ѕoup

no, i asked you to formulate your own opnion, and you refused to do so.

/salt

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Never saw Circus pose a RykerLaundry question, but they're not aligned imo. AND FOR ALL THAT NEED SUPER CLARIFICATION: Not TvT or SvS. SvT or TvS. I'd rather Ryker dead first though.

Unvote Vote: Ryker
Obviously not, since my Ryker/Laundry statements have been about how I think Ryker is town and WL's interaction with him makes me think WL might be scum.

Ryker, I didn't follow up on Washed because I didn't know how to and there are, like, half a dozen other people in this game that I'm down for getting rid of right now. When he conceded my point about him, I didn't know what to do with it. I would expect scum to fight me on that and he didn't. I should have followed up; I'll own up to that. But when J, Choice, Gord, Shin, and Ghandi are all begging for death, it splits my attention pretty dramatically.

Gord's 1062 is awful. Washed's 1052 is also awful. J's play is awful. Choice still might be newtown but he still makes me want to kill him.

If we have a vig, Shin or Ghandi better get his bullet toNight.

Gord, why do you want Ryker dead over Washed? Have you read their back-and-forth yet?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
*sees Gord's most recent post*

Oh **** you, seriously. Happy birthday to your brother, good luck to you sister in her tournament, but **** you.

#HBC | ѕoup

i refuse to say anything but pictures until gord is lynched, starting now.

#HBC | Gorf

Circus said:
Obviously not, since my Ryker/Laundry statements have been about how I think Ryker is town and WL's interaction with him makes me think WL might be scum.
I saw people like EE mention the question you posed about RykerLaundry connection. And after reading some of Ryker's responding, I side more with the case against him.

Circus said:
Gord, why do you want Ryker dead over Washed? Have you read their back-and-forth yet?
Skim'd it, but reads their respective cases on each other. I'll go back and take another look.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I saw people like EE mention the question you posed about RykerLaundry connection. And after reading some of Ryker's responding, I side more with the case against him.
Okay, could you sum up the case against him for me then?

#HBC | Gorf

He started off totally sidelining, and targeting the easiest players at the time in Red Ruy and J. He's been try'na look like he's contributing when he's really not. Then he throws claims against WL for white knighting (assuming that that means defending?) Soup, when really, it's justifiable if a town WL has a town read on Soup. And then, for barging Ran for dumb questions. That's not a scum tell. WL and Soup remain to be my two strongest town reads.

Now your turn. Can you sum up the WL case, in case I missed something?

#HBC | ѕoup

myself said:
and when i mean substantial, i mean both have their points, but both have their flaws, they basically seem mundane and i'm not siding with either, my vote stays on gordo.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It was more than that. For example, WL has asked Soup a question and didn't follow up with it. Tell me Gord, do you think he was satisfied with Soup's response?

Top Bottom