• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PWG - LBT2 Unity! *PRE-REG. CLOSED* TOMORROW! Ally+Swordgard+Holy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i can possibly make it, i can never give 100% confirmation for anything T_T.

if i go then ill do brawl and i might try out Brawl+ i was thinking about downloading it but...

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
if ur there, count me out lol, im not going to waste my time or money
Wtf is your deal Cruxis stop being such a ***** bro, you usually take holy to last stock high percent, he's just the one to always seal the deal, work on set ups for kills or you won't get better.

But that, was just a lame post.

711th POST! ( inb4blackjokes )

I want a slurpee I won't post ANYTHING else until I get one seeN?

JERK.ownz.you

Smash Apprentice
DEFINITLEY COMING TO THIS
Brawl
and will be bringing along 6 others:
BRO, OsCaR, Arsis, White, Mike,and Nick

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306
Definitely looking forward to making this, i'll try to drag as many people as I can with me. Definitely a Brawl/Brawl+ person. (not much experience with Brawl+ thou >.<)

Rikana

Smash Champion
Aight soo my last class is on Dec. 7. I think I should be alright with the tournament as long as I don't get a work**** on that day again. Please give a date ahead of time so I can ask my manager to not give me shift that day.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Wtf is your deal Cruxis stop being such a ***** bro, you usually take holy to last stock high percent, he's just the one to always seal the deal, work on set ups for kills or you won't get better.

But that, was just a lame post.

711th POST! ( inb4blackjokes )

I want a slurpee I won't post ANYTHING else until I get one seeN?
holy's brother is the best snake in the world
if anyone knows that matchup, its him

ROB is one of snakes worst matchups

Holy is the best ROB

count those factors in, how the hell am i supposed to beat him. it cant be done, and im not going to try to convince myself that i can. ive tried facing him more than enough times.

not to mention theres still gonna be you, ace, and joe as well, all people i know who are willing to do "whatever it takes to win"

i need to be realistic here, with all you guys there, i wont get top 3
and no top 3 = no point of going

so why waste my time lol

edit: also, change of ally coming? might as well just give him ur 10 dollars and then leave

Rikana

Smash Champion
holy's brother is the best snake in the world
if anyone knows that matchup, its him

ROB is one of snakes worst matchups

Holy is the best ROB

count those factors in, how the hell am i supposed to beat him. it cant be done, and im not going to try to convince myself that i can. ive tried facing him more than enough times.

not to mention theres still gonna be you, ace, and joe as well, all people i know who are willing to do "whatever it takes to win"

i need to be realistic here, with all you guys there, i wont get top 3
and no top 3 = no point of going

so why waste my time lol

edit: also, change of ally coming? might as well just give him ur 10 dollars and then leave
Sorry but I have no idea what the Brawl scene is like nor do I know who you are but this post doesn't require me to know anything about that. If you feel that way, then don't come. Don't even bother posting this and that and mentioning how badly you're gonna lose. If you put up with that attitude, don't bother going to tournaments at all everytime someone better than you is there. You keep telling yourself you're gonna lose then.

Seriously, it annoys me to see people who's good at something but give up and say all this **** just because someone's better. How do you expect yourself to get better if you don't even bother coming out?

Stay at home then. Sorry to be so harsh but its either you come out for the experience and fun or don't bother. This isn't a job, its something you do for entertainment purposes. Don't expect yourself to gain a profit out of this 'cause that's when it starts getting way too competitive. Either you risk losing the amount now and build up your experience so you can gain it back in the future or just don't bother with it at all.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Sorry but I have no idea what the Brawl scene is like nor do I know who you are but this post doesn't require me to know anything about that. If you feel that way, then don't come. Don't even bother posting this and that and mentioning how badly you're gonna lose. If you put up with that attitude, don't bother going to tournaments at all everytime someone better than you is there. You keep telling yourself you're gonna lose then.

Seriously, it annoys me to see people who's good at something but give up and say all this **** just because someone's better. How do you expect yourself to get better if you don't even bother coming out?

Stay at home then. Sorry to be so harsh but its either you come out for the experience and fun or don't bother. This isn't a job, its something you do for entertainment purposes. Don't expect yourself to gain a profit out of this 'cause that's when it starts getting way too competitive. Either you risk losing the amount now and build up your experience so you can gain it back in the future or just don't bother with it at all.
like you said, you know nothing about the brawl scene, so dont talk about what you dont know about.

FYI, i HAVE gone to a lot of tourneys, and i HAVE gotten a lot better. but time and time again, people have camped, planked, or spammed their way to victory, and im sorry but i spend WAY too much money and waste WAY too much time to get to these tournaments.

First of all, theres the fee of the tournament itself. then theres transportation. then theres food. this **** isnt free, and especially considering that i have been low on money, i dont want to waste it.

and quite frankly, competitive brawl is not fun. definitely not fucking fun in this scene, no way. NO ONE here plays brawl for fun, which is why i say you have no idea what youre talking about. everyone who wins is just playing for the money, not for the experience.

and like you said, you have no idea who i am. youre acting like im "inexperienced" or this is one of my first few tourneys. also very wrong, i have had more than enough experience with these players and i know what they will do to win.

there comes a point where you get sick of throwing your money in the garbage, doing something that you do not enjoy.

and the reason im snapping now, is because before whenever someone would do some stupid bullshit against me, i wouldnt say anything. id just say "good game" even though it was a fucking terrible game. but now, ive finally realized just HOW much money i have WASTED going to these tournaments.

if i want to get better, ill train on wifi. for free. at home.

besides, i dont care too much about getting better at this game, next year im going to university, i wont even be in this country anymore. competitve brawl is NOT fun, so the only purpose is to get money.

and if i cant get money, then i wont waste my fucking time.

Iliad

Smash Lord
I play for fun... >.>

I don't expect to win against the big names, but when I do it's ****ing sick. You know Gi's tourney is the only tourney i've had cash in hand. The pownz tourneys of old when I could win them were gift certificates and balls prizes.

Did I spam on you? Did I camp or plank?

I should hope you don't think I did.

Anyways, let's keep this out of the LBT thread.

Rikana

Smash Champion
like you said, you know nothing about the brawl scene, so dont talk about what you dont know about.

FYI, i HAVE gone to a lot of tourneys, and i HAVE gotten a lot better. but time and time again, people have camped, planked, or spammed their way to victory, and im sorry but i spend WAY too much money and waste WAY too much time to get to these tournaments.

First of all, theres the fee of the tournament itself. then theres transportation. then theres food. this **** isnt free, and especially considering that i have been low on money, i dont want to waste it.

and quite frankly, competitive brawl is not fun. definitely not fucking fun in this scene, no way. NO ONE here plays brawl for fun, which is why i say you have no idea what youre talking about. everyone who wins is just playing for the money, not for the experience.

and like you said, you have no idea who i am. youre acting like im "inexperienced" or this is one of my first few tourneys. also very wrong, i have had more than enough experience with these players and i know what they will do to win.

there comes a point where you get sick of throwing your money in the garbage, doing something that you do not enjoy.

and the reason im snapping now, is because before whenever someone would do some stupid bullshit against me, i wouldnt say anything. id just say "good game" even though it was a fucking terrible game. but now, ive finally realized just HOW much money i have WASTED going to these tournaments.

if i want to get better, ill train on wifi. for free. at home.

besides, i dont care too much about getting better at this game, next year im going to university, i wont even be in this country anymore. competitve brawl is NOT fun, so the only purpose is to get money.

and if i cant get money, then i wont waste my fucking time.
I am talking about something I know: don't expect to make money off a game. Brawl has little relevance to this topic. MANY games have a competitive side to it so any kind of game has a relation to the topic. Including Brawl in your posts does not strengthen the argument.

Okay. You've got your mind set, then don't go. You're not having fun because you're not winning money so don't bother coming everytime the good people arrives. I don't need to know who you are, what the competitive Brawl scene is like (but I'm assuming its mostly camping and playing over defensively), or what it's like to make money off games because games for me games are meant to be stress relievers and entertainment. I got a part time job, that's where my income comes from. I pay for everything I do and own since quite a long time ago. If I feel that I deserve to go play even if it requires money, I'll put down the money without hesitation.

I already had in mind that you most likely had lots tournie experience before I posted.
[I just found the statement where it made you think I assumed you hardly have experience "How do you expect yourself to get better if you don't even bother coming out?" What I meant by that was "how do you expect to get better if you don't come out to the future tournaments?"]

Like I said, you can't expect yourself to make money off games this way. Its meant to be something for you to enjoy. I just find that the reason you play this game is quite stupid - to earn money. If you want money that badly, get a job. You'll earn much more doing this than depending on Brawl for money. Do something that involves some kind of income - it doesn't have to be an actual "job".. for example you can make tshirt designs and sell them. On the side, you can play Brawl without ever worrying about how much you're gonna spend, but you still have to give yourself a budget.

So basically, the point of my two posts was: don't expect to make money off a game. You're just gonna end up hating it.

I'm done. It's just sad that people with so much experience and talent in a game would quit simply because it isn't going their way. I'm sure you would have so much more fun if you never had to worry about the money situation. I didn't intend on making this a flamewar or an insult. Post whatever you like after this. I'd read it but I just won't reply. Or just PM if you have a problem with me.

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
I'm a drama queen, I love this.

I wouldn't quit just yet Cruxis, I hear there's gonna be more than just brawl at this tournament, more prizes than just the winning prizes.

I dunno, just a rumor I heard.
Gonna be lots of fun.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Can we get a date for this sooner rather than later?

Confirm for Brawl/+

Lol at thread getting hijacked, Ive had my *** handed to me by Holy, but I found it fun. He OWNS

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Cruxis we're not trying to get at you, but I found it extremely irritating that you would even skip a tournament or not want to go just because someone better than you is going.

You're throwing all that offline experience down the drain bro, just come you never know maybe you'll beat holy :O

Akariss

Smash Ace
NNID
Akariss
3DS FC
4785-4779-5306

I wouldn't quit just yet Cruxis, I hear there's gonna be more than just brawl at this tournament, more prizes than just the winning prizes.

Gonna be lots of fun.
If by more than brawl you mean adding a + to it or melee, then your surprises won't be that surprising but since I commend you on being a sick host last year, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;).

O wait, but your NOT the host, your just a "normal" samus player :o.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If by more than brawl you mean adding a + to it or melee, then your surprises won't be that surprising but since I commend you on being a sick host last year, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ;).

O wait, but your NOT the host, your just a "normal" samus player :o.
lol lain was the host last year :p

Seriously though you guys did a pretty good job hosting it last year, it was just shaky at the start due to unfamiliarity with proper pools/bracket structure and we're probably all still thankful that lain was there.

On a side note, I really despise when people who are good enough to make money b**** about not making enough money. How do you think the people who have been playing and trying for months or years and haven't made a dime off of this game (which is 80% or more of us) feel? You're good enough to make money, be glad. Want a reliable source of income? Get a job. This is a game; have some fun. (If you don't have fun then don't play; this is why I'm only playing Melee/B+ now.)

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Did I spam on you? Did I camp or plank?

I should hope you don't think I did.

Anyways, let's keep this out of the LBT thread.
no no, you didnt, and i dont think u did. you should know who im referring to.

my loss to you was completely my own idiocy, and you took advantage of that and exploited it. i underestimated you, and i payed the price for it.

Gonna be lots of fun.
no im not necessarily quitting brawl, i just dont find the purpose of busting my ass to go to a tourney that i wont win in.

I'm done. It's just sad that people with so much experience and talent in a game would quit simply because it isn't going their way. I'm sure you would have so much more fun if you never had to worry about the money situation. I didn't intend on making this a flamewar or an insult. Post whatever you like after this. I'd read it but I just won't reply. Or just PM if you have a problem with me.
there is no problem, remember this is the internet, it might seem like im pissed but im not lol im just trying to get my point across.

youre getting the wrong idea see, i used to not care about winning money in brawl. i used to play strictly for the enjoyment of it, id play with "honor" as you call it.

but considering that i live far, very VERY far from every single tourney, it costs me a lot to get to them. i remember paying $100 just for ONE tourney.

i just dont think its worth it anymore to travel and pay so much, and not make any profit you know.

Cruxis we're not trying to get at you, but I found it extremely irritating that you would even skip a tournament or not want to go just because someone better than you is going.

You're throwing all that offline experience down the drain bro, just come you never know maybe you'll beat holy :O
there isnt someONE better going, its like 4 people.

and dont give me that shit, you know as well as i do that i cant beat holy.

yeah i understand, it might be an irratating idea to you, but put yourself in my position. think about how much money and time i spend, but i never make anything. whats the purpose of going?
for fun?
LOL brawl stopped being a fun a long time ago.

youve won money at pretty much every tourney youve gone to, so of course nothing is making you think of stopping.

you knows thats one of the reasons ambrose quit, right? aside from his university and his work, he was wasting his money. he was getting bad placements at tourneys and not making any profit.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
100% of the money I've spent on tournaments since August 2008 has been loan money, and I has no jobz (I'll be finished school with a 4.0 soon though).

I live farther from the GTA tourneys than anyone who regularly attends them (since Ally and Holy aren't really regular attendees anymore)... I just kept playing as long as it was fun, don't know why others don't do the same. Oh well /endhijackingthread

Looking forward to Melee/B+.

Sylvantes

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand why you guys are giving Lain so much credit for last years tourny. The person who wasn't a TO that helped the MOST was ZAF by far.

Get it right, LBT hosted the tournament, ZAF helped out with some issues, he helped out a lot.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I don't understand why you guys are giving Lain so much credit for last years tourny. The person who wasn't a TO that helped the MOST was ZAF by far.

Get it right, LBT hosted the tournament, ZAF helped out with some issues, he helped out a lot.
Yeah I remember it was mainly Zaf. It make sense considering Zaf is experienced in that domain lol. Lain did give a hand though, he alway does this.

coolbob2000

Smash Rookie
sure i would like to come. i have never been at a brawl tournament before.:confused:
Brawl no brawl+

lain

Smash Master
Zaf actually helped RUN the tournament the most. I only berated the T.O.s for trying to run single elimination pools, single elimination brackets, and balls awful seeding (even though that happened anyways. Me, Ally, NOJ, and Holy all on the same side).

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Zaf actually helped RUN the tournament the most. I only berated the T.O.s for trying to run single elimination pools, single elimination brackets, and balls awful seeding (even though that happened anyways. Me, Ally, NOJ, and Holy all on the same side).
Not to mention KingAce vs Ambrose round 1 of single elim pools.

<3 Namesearching.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Nice. Waiting on the venue location to see the situation on how to get there during the winter.

I'll be there, unless something goes wrong (Anyone who knows me knows that it usually does...)

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Make a lists so we can know what to expect and add hype!

Add Carter to Brawl and Brawl +
Add Carter+ Culex to teams
+1 wii + brawl, +1 tv

Edit:smh, cruxis stop being a ***** and go to this TO beat holy. Train, and have a lil faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom