• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamach

Smash Rookie
I played an ike and a ness/g&w main.. both better than me at my first tourney and equally as confused about snakes DACUS lol don't remember your names sorry. Come to santasmash yeah.
I know what that means now!

All good man, we totally forgot everyones names as well. That would have been matt(ike) and alex(g&w) not sure what screen names they will use for smash. Id expect them to be making a 2's as well, considering they are playing together almost everyday.

SantaSmash good name that. Plus its alot closer for us anyway than the coast.

Zamach

Smash Rookie
Yeh, that nigel's zss was legit, especially for his first tournament.

And don't call urselves bad! Tournaments are way different to little smash meets with ur friends. It's rare that anyone ***** their first tourney. You learn heaps from playing tournament matches with new people. You get better through experience so stick around and come to more tournaments.

Where do you guys live btw? I'd be up for some smash with you guys sometime. Also, do any of you play melee?
Yeah our casual knowledge was just so limited. So eye opening. I think my brother spent a few hours yesterday practicing wolf's DACUS. Matt showed him it on the night and he nearly fell over LOL.

Myself(Chris) and my brother Dan(Wolf) are in Brisbane, North Side. The other 3 guys are from the sunshine coast. Everyone except me played melee before brawl, so 4/5. Though im not sure if any of them have touched it since brawl came out. Yeah man we'd be keen. Im waiting for my brother to get home from work for games actually LOL.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
True, well i live at annerley, we can meet up and play for abit sometime.

I played your brother dan as well. I was that diddy kong player that he played his first match against.

A few of us live on the southside, a few in logan and mt. gravatt

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Cal lives in sunshine coast

Wolf's DACUS is different to everyone's DACUS so its annoying to get the timing right. 2nd hardest in the game I think.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Oh KNOWLEDGE toki! **** knowledge hey, tiers and RULES are all that matter.

new guys, most QLD meets are spontaneous and at the last minute, so check the boards frequently if you're interested.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Dif, just use Metaknight. He's fast, and reminds me of melée when I play brawl. It's just ******** cuz all the minor techs you don't think about like dash cancelling doesn't work. That and if you hold down on the analogue stick and press down on c-stick, you don't dsmash, you dtilt. Annoying ****!!

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Other smashers on the sunshinecoast?!? What does it mean?

No seriously I want numbers. Where do the sunny coasters live specifically? **** this pleases me.

Also I just wanna point out the irony of Rob's situation XD

Remastered

Smash Lord
Welcome Zam, thanks for giving us your number and glad you found your way to the boards. I'm Matt who showed DACUS to Dan. I will be holding 2 meets atleast between now and SantaSmash, and one of them will involve a casual tournament (Matt's Meat II) so that will give you another chance at some comp play before you hit it up at the next big one.

Will message you the details and my address for the meet, and will post it on here when I confirm a date after I finish Uni exams.

Keen to see how you guys have improved at the meet. ;)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i have so many problems transitioning into brawl XD JC grabs don't work, wavedashing doesn't work, i l-cancel on instinct, lightshielding doesn't work, airdodge in a direction doesn't work, jumping up from the ledge is slower. fast falling doesn't work properly.

i played a bit with a friend on saturday, i think i'll pick up brawl ness. ness is awesome. been playing heaps of melee ness lately. beasted josh's mewtwo with ness XD

Shadowblade

Smash Apprentice
Welcome Zam, thanks for giving us your number and glad you found your way to the boards. I'm Matt who showed DACUS to Dan. I will be holding 2 meets atleast between now and SantaSmash, and one of them will involve a casual tournament (Matt's Meat II) so that will give you another chance at some comp play before you hit it up at the next big one.

Will message you the details and my address for the meet, and will post it on here when I confirm a date after I finish Uni exams.

Keen to see how you guys have improved at the meet. ;)
where will your meet be at

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
i have so many problems transitioning into brawl XD JC grabs don't work, wavedashing doesn't work, i l-cancel on instinct, lightshielding doesn't work, airdodge in a direction doesn't work, jumping up from the ledge is slower. fast falling doesn't work properly.
QFT. So hard to break the habit. >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Heya Zam, I'm glad we could lure you guys all the way to the Gold Coast! Not all of our tournaments are on the Gold Coast fortunately, so it should be a bit easier next time for you guys.

It's good that you're with a fairly big group of friends to practice, and I strongly recommend trying to get to meets such as Matt's (AD3PT's) to play other people in a bit of a more casual atmosphere. Good times :)

Zamach

Smash Rookie
@AD3PT - Sweet man just txt/call me whenever anything goes down. Ive got SFA to do at the moment so keen as.

@CaLibUr_1337 - I will let them know. Hopefully they should make an appearance on here soon. They all live sorta coolum area. Some not as far north.

@Vyse - Yea wasnt so far, gladly things will be a bit closer next time. Looking forward to it.

@everyoneelse - Thow me a PM if you want to exchange numbers.

**** my brother having to sleep! Ahh well SC2 it is.

Popdart

Smash Cadet
Hooray for more northsiders. I think we're getting closer to balancing out the distribution of people between northside, southside and GC.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Yea but what about brawl crews? Can't remember the last time that happened lol. Btw there are new people now to freshen things up a bit.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Last brawl (small) crew battle between GC and Bris was at Kaions Dexterity game place. GC got ***** =)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Brisbane ***** GC in smash. ***** them back then, ***** them now.
Oi Oi, what the **** is this ****?

Crews were tight, and we had country topping players on the GC. So did Bris for that matter, but we never got *****.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Who will be in the GC team?

Me
Kaion
Testikills
Vyse
Sieg (if he comes and plays brawl)
Cal (Sunny coast's "coast" = Goldcoast <3)
Jezmo

edit:
Blade?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
EDIT: NINJA'D BY TOKI LOL

Crew listings for fun and profit.

If GC gets Logan, does that mean we get Arrow?

GCL (Gold Coast Logan) Alliance:

Vyse
Toki
Jaice
AD3PT
Testikils
Arrow (?)
R4VEN
Karp-0S

Yokai*
Amaterasu**
Jesmo***

*Region of Origin = GC
**GC, but not very active these days (Hoping he comes to Santa)
***GC is closer to Coffs, so we get him by default.

ShadowBlade is possible too.

Zamach

Smash Rookie
Smashies turf wars incoming.

-"But he bought his Wii down the coast"

I just want to watch/play excess games right now so sounds like a cool idea. (So harsh not being able to just sit and practice online). Plus there would be some epic trash talking id imagine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom