• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
So how are the Brisbanites heading down to Robina? Hotdog isn't going so i cant mooch a lift from him and i don't really feel like riding but i could hmm maybe i will :(.
Anyway anyone training/driving

EDIT: If Bob or Ben or someone is driving i might leave my bike at one of yours then drive down with you if that's k, then i can just ride back to mine from yours...

Hotdog

Smash Lord
LOL first time sober, that's the way. Um next one will probably be Mid november ish... I'll get around to booking it soon =)

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
I need ultimate practise and still unsure who my best character is... WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAY MK, are there any characters that no-one mains in the queensland community?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
YOU SHOULD PLAY MK. WE NEED MORE MK'S!

But um, I really wish QLD had a dedicated Dedede main, or Wario or Marth.
Those are characters we lack.

Or Lucario.

We need to beef up our character list if we want to hold off the other states come SQUAT time.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Wucawiwoooooo~

Wouldn't mind playing him.

One of the Dorf's had a nice Wucawiwo.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
MK is my best and i feel natural playing him but i fail way too many times... I can remember 3 matches where they came down to last stock and i had a big lead in percentage but I'd Shuttle Loop near the edge in an attempt to quickly KO them and just fall to my death...

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
I need ultimate practise and still unsure who my best character is... WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE PLAY MK, are there any characters that no-one mains in the queensland community?
Don't give up on MK, he'll never give up one you! =)
But either way, you can main a few characters, the main ones no one really plays who are topish tier include marth, dedede, wario I'd say

Oh, shuttle loop killing you, you'll get used to it. I still have vids of my MK where I SDed atleast once a game, lets see, shuttle loop fails, down B fails, tornadoing off the ledge which I did at Rocky, failing my side B on FD, the list goes on lol
But you'll get used to it!

Next time we can play and have epic training, and we can turn your MK into a KM(Killing Machine) =D

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Yeh, I was pretty good with marth on melee but dislike him in brawl, he has too much drag off his attacks imo. Wario's pretty mad. I might give him a go.

Btw guys, who's a good character match up against lucas? Me and rangaDORF are extremely competitive and our matches are like 50:50. I want to find a character that can dominate his lucas.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Don't give up on MK, he'll never give up one you! =)
But either way, you can main a few characters, the main ones no one really plays who are topish tier include marth, dedede, wario I'd say

Oh, shuttle loop killing you, you'll get used to it. I still have vids of my MK where I SDed atleast once a game, lets see, shuttle loop fails, down B fails, tornadoing off the ledge which I did at Rocky, failing my side B on FD, the list goes on lol
But you'll get used to it!

Next time we can play and have epic training, and we can turn your MK into a KM(Killing Machine) =D
Yeh, that sounds good mate. I need to play regularly against good players. The only practise i get is against the other 3 dorfs and playing online is bull**** because of 2 min brawls + people thinking they're pro cos they're winning with items. Do any of you go online often?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
dj Kaion does and that's how he's really good (setting up matches, exchanging friend codes, etc), but most of us only really practice on the weekends at meets or whatever.

Online anonymous Brawl sucks lol :p

I haven't had a chance to practice for ages! It sucks :(
Gotta love Uni.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Will in the city tomorrow night. cant make it to PMS since its just to far away and i have work saturday morning. But will be hitting up the arcade in the mall for some SF4s

stiks

Smash Rookie
Will in the city tomorrow night. cant make it to PMS since its just to far away and i have work saturday morning. But will be hitting up the arcade in the mall for some SF4s
In the city to lose to me :laugh::laugh::laugh:

we need to vs in mvc2 again

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Cheers mate, we'll definitely get out to future ones. Not entirely sure about robina this weekend. I know a couple of the other dorfs are going to a party and i've got an exam next week.

But yeh, that's pretty much the first time i've played smash bros. sober this year, i enjoyed it, I'd like to get into the competitive scene and start taking it more seriously.

And to clear it up from a couple pages back, yeh ranga used lucas and i used mk
oldmanDORF enters the fray - ACCEPT THE POWER: GANONDORFS

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Yea seaDorf, just keep coming to the tournaments, ask tips from ALL of us and we'll train you up ;)
Let's see if we can get you on the QLD power rankings =P

Edit: In fact, this goes out to anyone, if you wanna get good, come play with us and ask lots of questions and for lots of tips =P

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
oldmanDORF enters the fray - ACCEPT THE POWER: GANONDORFS
**** YEH OLDMAN!!! Best team partners ever! Duel Ganondorfs

We just need to get pinefresh signed up and that'll make ranga super jealous. He has an awesome games collection but he doesn't have the internet LMAO.

He'll have to go to the internet cafe down the road to get his daily dose of ultimate tactics

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i got a ganon who stomps teh yard
i got a ganon who goes down on you
i got a ganon who taunts at the start
i got a ganon who chokes (side b... ofcoarse)
i got a ganon who makes crowds and himself go ooOOoooOoAAAAAAH
i got a ganon who smokes the wizard...kick
i got a ganon who flaunts the taunt
i got a ganon who has large amounts of enDORFines
i got a ganon who grabs the ledge less than 0 a match
i got a ganon who gets a smash ball when hes up by 3 stock
i got a ganon who is ... good

ionno trying to make it to these things on >.<

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
YOU SHOULD PLAY MK. WE NEED MORE MK'S!

But um, I really wish QLD had a dedicated Dedede main, or Wario or Marth.
Those are characters we lack.

Or Lucario.

We need to beef up our character list if we want to hold off the other states come SQUAT time.

I like playing wario and lucario :) Wario is so lol, was versing djcat a couple of weeks ago.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Arrow you wernt there =(

Also Stiks how was Daytona hey? Better improve your driving skills!!!!!!

stiks

Smash Rookie
Arrow you wernt there =(

Also Stiks how was Daytona hey? Better improve your driving skills!!!!!!
Pfft you better improve in mvc2, air hockey, basketball, razing storm, point blank, kof, tekken 5 and sf4 :laugh::laugh:

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Well I'm going to the sunnycoast for 5 days with the Miss, so don't expect to hear from me for a bit. I'll be booking the hall when I get back. Peace.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
So thats why you where to scared to jump on and play. it was the only game you where to scared to vs me at last night
Nah the game was kinda occupied

Well if you wanna settle this MM me then :bee:\

p.s stik again

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
omgurd was watching rocky vids... not that awesome lol but i sighed atall the "cao there only X seconds left?!?!?!?!!"

RLY@?!??!!?!?!??!!?!?!?kiasfhasefgilwhihAUIOSGYR&QW#^BOpq3wharlgUIA^#VQW@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom