• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth

Smash Ace
They don't have ITG at sufers anymore. I went a few weeks back and they only have two crappy machines!
GG at the left arrows not working.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Just called Bob, meet at his house from like 3pm till late.
Plans might change during the night because going to Gold Coast or something.
Also his computer just died i think so will have to text or call if you want to contact him.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Zomg. Totally want to move.

But want to get carz first.

FUUUUUUUU.

AND UNI.

GOOOOORRRRD.

BUT DDDRRRRRZZZ.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
PMS:
So, if everyone pulls there finger out and plasy matchs and we all play nicely :) then I reckon we can get heaps done at this PMS.
Chris always does his best to run it smoothly, but we gotta help!
I've been not exactly useful the last few, so i'll be more helpful this time, and get through matches quick n stuff.
I also wanna run side Norway IF it doesn't clash/slow down the other events.
Whos coming?
Ben Bull****, Kasper, lemee know if ya coming, we wanna get as many Brisbane doyles as possible to come.
So i wanna know who else is willing to drive ****s.

Anyone want to go to the beach BEFORE PMS, I am willing, again, let me know.

Crewwwwsssssss!
We need to bring back crews!
They are what used to totally drive (****s) the smash scene back in the day, and they get everyone excited. I was telling J-Birds all about em, even though I hardly went to any, but the ones I did go to...woweeee!
So I definitly want to see crews at PMS, and then again at SummerSmash.
Boom yeah!

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
PMS IV is this Saturday 4pm - 9pm

People who bring equipment can come at 3:30pm to setup.

Entry is $20 but if you bring a Wii & Brawl or are DJ Cat you get $5 off. I'm hoping to use the surplus monies to get a small number of TVs on for another hour or so. Could be good if people wanted to stay for crews.

Brawl doubles followed by singles.

Dexterity only have one Melee TV now as one of them died. I'll be bringing a Wii with Melee so there's definately gonna be one TV solely for Melee. Everybody else should bring as many Brawl setups as possible I'll even consider giving the discount to people who bring HD cables.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Has it always been $20? seems like so much, i reckon you could find a much better venue if we're all gonna be having to pay that much. Its not that it a lot of money it just seems high for a brawl tournament.

I should still be coming anyhow and should be bringing wii n brawl.

Also if Rocko and I could snag a lift with you bob that would be great.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
<---
Will pick up people from Brisbane from Robina Train Station if needed
ALso, Bob bring my tv please, J-Birds bring a HD, I'll bring a laptop or something.
For melee lovers we can use my tv as the second melee tb, unless there aren't enough brawl set-ups

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Don't worry Chris, I'll bring your TV.
If we can get Crews started by 8pm, finished by 9, then it doesn't eat in to valuable Nandos time. :)
Just depends how well/quick singles can go of course.
Umm, J-Birds, can you 2 get to mine easily enough and also, keen on beaching it beforehand? Depending on weather/energy levels.

Umm, Matt himself can't come, waiting to hear how many, if any, of his usual suspects can come...
The Dorfs are coming!
As are Kickflip and Ghost. :)
Who else???

Also, any ****s keen for anything tonight?
Something casual and relaxed, I'm thinking N64 related....

Sieg

Smash Champion
You have the day to convince me to come tonight, otherwise I'll be there on Sunday for double dollars day.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Has it always been $20? seems like so much, i reckon you could find a much better venue if we're all gonna be having to pay that much. Its not that it a lot of money it just seems high for a brawl tournament.

I should still be coming anyhow and should be bringing wii n brawl.

Also if Rocko and I could snag a lift with you bob that would be great.
No not always. Kaion's been trying to push this tournament hard, so we might get a lot of new people show up, with the flyers he sent out and everything, lol. That's why he's pushed up the price as well. $10 Venue - $10 tournament entry.

Tommorrow will be good. I might consider buying some component cables...

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Dexterity has been getting asked about the poster, I'd say it's likely at least a small crew of completely new people will come just from the surrounding area.

Fresh meeeeeaaaat.

Remember we can keep a few TVs until 10pm for crew battles or even a Norway-style tourney. We could even keep a Melee TV too.

Antho I'm thinking of taking you up on that MK challenge.

Also might be getting a prize for PMS tomorrow too. Chris knows what.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll bring your iPod back to you tommorrow as well Chris. Only just now bothering to get the music off. iTunes sucks, I gotz sharepod lol.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Chris ill bring HD to Lansmash, itl be easier to get stuff seeing as everyone is leeching stuff and whatnot. That and i don't want to carry heaps of crap today (:

Oh i didn't realize there were pots included i assumed it was $20 venue... ma bad.

I'll probs need money for a train home so ill mm you Vyse.
Yey Melee tv's, time for foxy XD

Hotdog

Smash Lord
You can bring them, it's up to the people to provide each other with equipment =P, so bring yours if you can =) Have fun.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Cheers for tournament guys, good venue and excellent turnout.

Wish we had time for crew battles though. Who was that lucas player i played before i versed kaion? I want to befriend him immediately. I heard he...

-Mostly plays smash bros. drunk
- Accepts the power of ganondorf
- Is anti-tiers

Such an acceptable person.

Also, I got decimated by you kaion, as you found out, i'm really bad at mk dittos. Wish i could've put up more of a fight. I'll hopefully give you more of a challenge next time we play. I'll pick up a secondary character to verse mk players over the next week or so.

Btw, in the future, the DORF's will be hosting a ganondorf only tournament. I'm pretty sure it will have a massive turnout :p

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ide go.

keep with the mk ditto... learn the match up its harder to pick up another character...

that guy is kickflip.. he also lives close to me and you i believe...

yes cheers to the tourny.. even tho i hear the money wasn't handed out yet, and i didn't get that 5 $ discount but i suspose thats ok XD
good doubles and singles and nice turn out

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Great turn out today, I had heaps of fun!
Was great to meet the new people too, hope yas can all come to SummerSmash next weekend, it'll be good!
Good stuff on 1 Chris for winning and the other Chris for organizing, and persisting with it, even after the 2 smaller PMS's, ya stuck with it and it really paid of with this one. :)
Crews and Norway didn't happen due to excelent turn-out, but everyone was having fun so it didn't matter. :chuckle:

Brawl and Melee crews should be good next week.
James/Yokai should be Gold Coast (he was for Ward) and with Jesmo (if hes coming) too, I think Gold Coast has enough people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

New idea for Melee Crews.
Pre Kas vs Post Kas
Everyone who played Smash in QLD BEFORE Kas moved here (December 06) vs everyone who moved here after
So thats, Ben, Josh, Zac, Ryan, Vyse, Moose, Sieg, D.J Cat (that doyle) etc
vs Kas, Chris, Rob, BRYCE (he moved here well after Kas :) ) and everyone else.
Early opinion is PreKas thinks they are hot (they are) but with Kas as their leader and a new incentive to get better the PostKasers are likely to improve far more than the established team.
The passion for TECH v Ward ain't there anymore, and without Triss and Radiance it just ain't the same SO this would be a great new standard PLUS its very easy to tell what side you'd be on.
Thoughts? (other than Bob's a doyle?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom