• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
That is true, though i used Ic's just as much and i don't really consider myself to use dedede. It was more of a 'hey stupid chars have stupid advantages on stupid stages, this will be easier'.

Not to deny it helped my progress i just don't think it was the majority of what constituted my placement.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Kas u said u would come if zac came. Lachlan said zac was coming. so you have to come. which means im gona lose my first bracket match. Pools are boring. Can we play smash 64? o.o its so fun ;D

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
Tournament Results.

Singles
1: Amaterasu (Metaknight/Pikachu/Toon Link)
2: J-Birds (Snake/Dedede)
3: R4VEN (Samus/Metaknight)
4: Vyse (Diddy)
5: seaDORF (Metaknight/Luigi)
5: Arrow (Snake)
7: DJ Cat (Rob/Yoshi)
7: Toki (Marth)
9: Aaron
9: Kickflip (Lucas)
9: Shaun
9: rangaDORF
13: Dif (Metaknight)
13: Jud (Wolf)
13: Pandepic
13: Ghost (Yoshi/Game n Watch)
17: Jess
17: Rubin
17: John
17: Chief
17: Steve
17: Jordan
17: oldmanDORF

Doubles

1: J-Birds & Amaterasu
2: Toki & R4VEN
3: DJ Cat & Arrow
4: Jud & Steve
5: Aaron & Shaun
5: seaDorf & rangaDorf
7: Dif & Pandepic (2 TECH 4 BRAWL)
7: Kickflip & Cheif
9: Rubin & Jamie
9: Vyse & Ghost
I was actually teamed with seaDORF, not rangaDORF.. not that it really matters, but it makes me look less ****, or maybe it just makes seaDORF look better haha

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
pools are fun. but i think they should be scrapped if they don't need to be there so that crews can be done. i know when i went to my first tournament i much prefered participating in crews than in pools because everybody was around for crews and there was hype and it felt great to be part of that. in pools it was just random matches which people didn't really seem to care too much about.

just putting it out there. i don't care if you do pools or not because i won't be there. i just thought i'd put my 2 cents in there because i'm relatively new to the scene and can accurately remember my first tournament here.

pools are still good though. just i'd rather have crews than pools and get the new kids put in the crews, at least if it's possible. maybe there can be a newbie team with players like me and chris and rob and kami etc when you guys have your tech and ward or whatever. so you can keep your competitiveness against each other, and the new kids get a chance to play in crews as well. i'd give up my potential spot on a "better" crew if it got more people into the scene.

Sloth

Smash Ace
The idea behind pools is very simple:
People get more games for their money and at the sametime help's seed the double elimination bracket.
Both are good bonuses.

However, considering their is a lot of people who dislike pools maybe its because in our small scene everyone is used to playing everyone - so there is nothing unique about the people you verse in pools. They'd rather just play random friendlies.

Maybe we could try eliminating pools from local tournaments that don't attract out-of-state attention and see if it works. While using something like Crews / low-tier tournament etc.. to subsitute the time and offer more excitment.

Crews is a whole discussion by itself as well. Whether you do a tournament where people form their own small groups of 4 or if you do one giant Crew battle of GC vrs Bris (for example).
Aslong as people can commit to their own crew it could have the potentional to become very interesting and intense. But if every tourmanet you just out-source into a new team it would lose its appeal fast.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
crews teams write ups are going to be decided.. well atleast the brawl one. which is brisbane vs goldcoast. 7 people max.

as for melee i think dj knows the teams.
its something like this

BK (before kas)
Syke
Ryan
Ben
Djcat
Vyse
sloth (cant make it i hear tho..)
KK
Moose

AK (after kas)
Kas
Dif
Rob
Hotdogs
Kami
Chris
Jbirds
Me if brisbane cant muster someone better lol
Someone decent like maybe that kid that used the tag "***" lol

Crowd
Sieg. (is for hype lolol)

might be alright... maybe 6 max, depends who shows up. btw kas has to come or AK will lose hardcore XD back to the days of syke taking 10 stock. =P

but yeah groups of 4 work. would like some team balance tho.. even if its just abit XD

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Probably won't do Pools for Melee and have a Crew Battle at midday. This is since I don't anticipate a lot of new Melee guys.

Brawl might or might not depending on whether there is a good portion of new players turning up or not.
If only 2 or 3, we'll do crews over Pools.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd use them in Melee if a lot of newer players were coming, but they aren't.

I'm expecting a lot of the players we don't hear from to turn up for Brawl, so I'm going to play that by ear.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey, looks like this weekend will be the goods, just the right amount of excitement.
Crews should be good
Teh Melee idea won't work THIS TIME without Kas and Bryce, otherwise it be good...
Brawl Crews might look something liek this:

Ben's Bananas
Ben Bull**** (if he turns up!)
Arrow
DJCat
Kickflip
Matt
Jaice
J-Birds
Hotdogs
Rocko
All the Dorfs :)
Anyone else I forgot, probably heaps + new people

Chris Apples
Chris
Chris
Vyse
Toki
Jezmo
Ghost
Moose/Ryan etc if they cbf playing
They need one or 2 more regulars, or maybe I've forgottten some. Probably be some new people too though!

Just depends who we have on they day for numbers i guess.
Should be fun!

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
crews really only worked cause back in the day it was tech ward, like brisbane vs gold coast, and we didnt have a captian for each side.. it was all based on pride and nothing else.. thats why having say pre kas blah will be boring after about the 2nd match cause rly no none gives a **** anymore.. unless tristan and aaron come back ther rly wont be any need for a big crew battle.. cause now ther just sort of empty and pointless... and entirely 1 sided >_>

The only system that will work these days is 4 man crews.. on a consistent basis that is..

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i like the idea of 4 man crews. with a bunch of them we could have an entire side tourny for the crews. replace doubles with crews every now and then at the smaller tournies, and have all three run at larger ones.

Sieg

Smash Champion
crews really only worked cause back in the day it was tech ward, like brisbane vs gold coast, and we didnt have a captian for each side.. it was all based on pride and nothing else.. thats why having say pre kas blah will be boring after about the 2nd match cause rly no none gives a **** anymore.. unless tristan and aaron come back ther rly wont be any need for a big crew battle.. cause now ther just sort of empty and pointless... and entirely 1 sided >_>

The only system that will work these days is 4 man crews.. on a consistent basis that is..
This.

You can tell me all you want about how people still have passion, but it was nothing compared to the 12 egotistical pricks who used to all go at it day in day out to beat each other.

**** was so epic.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
It is true that you need motivation in order to make crews exciting...

I like the sound of 4 man crews. Only 1 player from the top half of the power rankings and one player from the bottom half of the power rankings per crew....

Round robin... Just do it throughout the day...mix it in with the other events

Those brawl crews actually look reasonably even

King Kong

Smash Lord
4 man crews makes me moist in my happy places.

Especially if they became permanent sort of crews, that would really encourage competition.

For example Dif, Hugh, Falseangel and I could make a sweet Northside team.

peace out

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
Ohmy****ingGOD at the ending of that Hotdog! That Samus was effin awesome. I've pulled off all those tricks before it's nothing I haven't seen.

I feel like MMing people with my Samus for the lols.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Hey ****s, just seeing if theres any interest in friday evening BS this weekend?
Lemme know...
Feel like a break from Nandos too...

Scott: Let me know what I can do to help with next HotCats.

Also, the colour coding of the Brawl and Melee is silly, it doesn't make it easy AT ALL to find what ya looking for considering 95% of it is BRAWL AND MELEE.
Colour coded by state would be the only useful thing.
QLD for Maroon/some kind of Red

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
I Cant Find Melee Resultsss

edit: why doesnt smashboards support all caps in posts ==//

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
This.

You can tell me all you want about how people still have passion, but it was nothing compared to the 12 egotistical pricks who used to all go at it day in day out to beat each other.

**** was so epic.
On a side note, +1 egotistical prick. Doc and the hair is back.

If anyone would like to let me know if there would be interest in say a monthly crews battle for bragging rights. Have to be melee imo, Brawl got no tech.

Also I'd be happy to host this monthly crews. Not sure where we'd like further discussion of this topic... :ohwell:

(tis K-0S btw guys, for those of you who don't know me, I was the second loudest guy there)

P.S. - Dat ***

Sirias

Smash Champion
Dare I ask why you don't use your old account?
Forgot password I assume?
Also, sad I didn't go now, missed out on one A Aron.
Poop.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Pfft, implying you were anywhere near the loudest.

I think he was referring to me.

Like usual.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
you were over playing street fighta

Aron and i were

being Aron and I
Day 1 was michael's high point decibel wise.

Sunday was just you and me doing RL commentary.

The bris guys one. DJ and such. Not many of us were in it, pretty much whoever was left at 9.30+.

Doc ate DJ's peach. (and by ate I mean '***** by') -.-

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
$20 to lose second round... hmmmmm. I am good at adding to the crowd however.

Doc represent.

Could someone call me in regards to a lift? I'll have to ask for Saturday off. -.-

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'll have to get vyse to update the thread title again but there's smash bs at sunnycoast this weekend, just letting you guys know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom