• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo POKEMANZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtfbbq?????

Ok well to avoid being bored I think I'll go to bobs now. :D

Can anyone pick me up this afternoon/evening???

EDIT: Btw Testikillz if you read this bring Street fighter pl0x XD

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I was just up the sunny coast for work.. too bad Im still working otherwise I could have given you a lift from there to bobs, but alas duty calls. What time are you getting to bris? As close to 6.00 as you can get would be best as there'd be less people drinking then and therefore more lift opportunities

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
when do u finish work? I could meet you somewhere if you are going to bob's. If not I get to coopers at about 5:30pm which seems to be good timing. Anyways my mob is 0423765351 incase I'm not on smashboards

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I was at maroochydore but Im almost back in bris now. We'll sort something out with picking you up, ideally getting to browns plains would be the best.. but I dont know buses and trains, I only use public transport when Im intoxicated

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
haha i see. sadly i only know trains in brissy not buses. ill have to sit down with james and get him to tell me everything haha

Sieg

Smash Champion
So is there going to be Street Fighter at Bob's? If so am coming.

If not too dead to do anything.

My new GC controller is coming in the mail.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
OOOOOOOOOOOH I could do with one of those. Ok loganlea is doable for me if preferred as it is on the same line. Just tell me where to get off when I'm close to arriving :p

Also apparently loganlea is incorrect spelling and I should be typing loganberry. Interesting...

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
I'd bring my ps3 with sf4 and stick if anyone was keen and had another stick. Im going to bring my wii and brawl this time.. hope most of the TV's in bobs basement actually work

Hotdog

Smash Lord
oh wooow smashboards finally got a mobile version of the site, awesome. I'm still in the process of trying to book the hall but they haven't replied to my email i shot out a while back... *******os.

Also i've been sticking smash posters all across uni, so lets hope we get some fresh meat.

PoweredByAMD

Smash Cadet
Hmm... I'm turning into a Fox player. D= Anyways, when is the next meet besides the upcoming brisbane tourny?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
reuben, next melee meet is unknown. there will likely be many small meets soon, but you'd need to get in contact with specific people, and they're usually at somebody's house and only involve about 3 or 4 people. larger meets happen rarely (although bob's doing friday night games regularly now, but i assume your parents wouldn't like you going to those)

Sloth

Smash Ace
Speaking of smaller meets. I need to have one at my place Wednesday afternoon / Maybe thursday too. Have to practice my Fox for Sydney..
Yeah, I'm going Fox! I bet I'll be ***** by a peach's downsmash several times for this poor decision.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
larger meets happen rarely (although bob's doing friday night games regularly now, but i assume your parents wouldn't like you going to those)
I wouldn't recommend it...

Umm, anyway, no Friday Night Games THIS weekend, its been 4 weeks in a row now, need a break PLUS everyone should focus on going to DORFmania!

Anyone want a lift tomorow on the way thorugh, just ask me.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
bobs was pretty good, except for the random outbursts of rage from people.. I srsly thought a fight was going to break out a couple times... that guy who was raging at tekken who I've never seen before.... yer I dun wanna see him again unless major attitude change >_> Goes for the rest of you tards as well, just stfu and play the game jeez... AND you farking ******* ignorant ****** ****s who wouldn't drive bob like 10 mins to get his car.. ****ing fail, if I wasn't so tired I would have got up and slashed your tires. I'd boycott you from my house if you pulled that **** on me... which I'm going to do anyway.. cept for arrow, daayum almost got caught by the cops how many times XD

stop eating random plants ben you drunk <3

just realized I left my wired 360 controller at bob's >_>

briiiiiiiiiice i'll come round, long as you dont find any random uni stuff you havent dont yet... and I get out of bed before 5 XD

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
Rage was hilarious. I did leave at like midnight though.

Wicked melee went down, my god. Gotta grab me more doc tech.
Your fox will be mine syke, kill that sonofa- one day. Wait till I do grab you.

Did I doc your roy moose? If not demand rematch. The fact that my ness did better than my falcon is not okay with my rules.

Wicked sick setup bob, so much win. Goldeneye props to you sir. Get this kid a medal.

Want to buy more brawl though, didn't get to whip out the marth. I may have to meta at the next big tourney though...

Karp out sirs.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
no one gave bob a lift to his car? You cheap jews. The stupid hall hasn't gotten back to me about friggin booking... Thinking of booking a room at uni to do it in haha, kaion gave me that idea

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
there was like 4 cops, and an undercover one. wtf...

wtf plant its like 10 cabbages in 1, but it burns your mouth and makes it numb.

didn't even see Carp... :<
didn't even name all 151 pokemon :<
didn't even play brawl... :|
didn't even sleep... :(
didn't get anything from maccas run :<

no hotdogs.. no other stick... sadface =.-

yeah it was alright. needed more n64, wish i came earlier.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
yea you can take my word for it that the wtf plant hurts.........

But it was a good night that's for sure.
4 WAY GANON matches YEAHSSSSSSSSSSS.

GANON matches I look forward to this coming weekend.

Sloth

Smash Ace
ZACKUARUGUAURA:
Most likely I won't have random uni crap to do on the Thursday -
I'll try my best to get everything done by then and you can come over whenever you want as its my day off.
High chance I'll have stuff Wednesday so that will be in limbo, but if people like Beb come around as well you'll have someone else to verse while I mutli-task uni/smaaash

And we can do absenth shots :D Although my bottle is almost empty -.-

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
You wer sitting on the chair and we told you about a dozen times.. yet you continued to be a fat useless **** and do nothing. Its not about me either.. its about bob who drives ****s everywhere all the fcking time.

****ing sick of all these new***s coming in and thinking they own the place and deserve something..

Hotdog

Smash Lord
S-S-S-S-S-Smackdown!

Poor bob, puts so much in but get's so little =(

We need an appreciate bob day BBQ!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
would have taken bob if i wasn't so sleepy, if he waited abit i could have been more awake. and after i dropped u guys off, i checked maccas for him.

mmm not hosted at his house 2.

also bond uni venue is good for GC. til 5 pm... then maybe go straight to pms?
nice atomosphere, and stuff.

max brener chocolate was good.. but not enough.. i liked the salsa mexican place 2 =P

Testikills

Smash Journeyman
You wer sitting on the chair and we told you about a dozen times.. yet you continued to be a fat useless **** and do nothing. Its not about me either.. its about bob who drives ****s everywhere all the fcking time.

****ing sick of all these new***s coming in and thinking they own the place and deserve something..
That's right told not asked, there is a difference, like I said before if Bob (see the word Bob there) asked me I would of had no qualms but he didn't instead I just got told to do things by people assuming I would just jump up and do it because I'm a new guy.

I also like the its no about me, yet you are the one to criticize but you can't lead an example as you can't drive anyone yourself, I have and do drive people around but I'm the fat useless one, good job tard.

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
Thanks bob for friday. Good bloke. Sorry i had to leave early, would've loved some mario tennis.

Also, I'm hosting a ganondorf tournament this saturday afternoon at my house 3pm til late. Obviously there will be no entry fee but we could organize a pot (we'll have a vote on it first). At this stage, it will only be brawl but if people show enough interest in a melee ganondorf tournament, we could get that set-up as well.

I'll just put up some basic details...

- Anyone who accepts ganondorf's power is welcome.
- B.Y.O alcohol... I don't want to see any defensive ganondorfs. Drinking brings out aggressive play.
- My address is: 77-81 The Chase St. Forestdale (5 mins down the road from bob's).
- My mobile number is: 0431 196 744.
- From 1pm - 3pm on that day, i will be doing pickups from bus/train stations.
- Closest train station is either Altandi (sunnybank) or Banoon (sunnybank hills).
- Closest bus station is at grand plaza (browns plains).
- Sleeping arrangements will be fairly limited (maybe 5-6 or capped at 12 if people are willing to pass out on the floor).

Space will not be an issue. I have a decent sized living room and i live on an acre of land. We could get a barbeque going and i've got a tennis court so we could set up a game of cricket or whatever. It's more like a relaxed saturday arvo meet but with tournament rules.

If you have any questions, send me a message with your smashboards name as i still don't know everyone. From what i've seen so far, everyone in the competitive smash scene are good blokes so i don't have any problem with people getting trashed at my place. All i ask is that those who do turn up treat my house with respect. I will be staying sober to make sure everything's sweet.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Syke and Dean (Testikills), please drop it. If Bob has a problem with something, he can bring it up.

FYI Syke, Dean does mean what he says. Just last weekend, Dean even drove Bob to work and back, did Maccas runs, the whole deal.

I was cooped up in James' room all Friday night so I don't know what happened, but I don't blame Dean for not wanting to just be told what to do by people he doesn't know that well.

EDIT:

Dan, I refuse to drink if you don't.
:)

seaDORF

Smash Journeyman
by sober u mean a few drink yes?. XD
ill try to come.
HAHA, probably, usually if i see someone getting smashed, it motivates me to drink more than them.

EDIT: I'd just like to add to my previous post that if you would like to be picked up from somewhere, please give me at least 24 hours notice so i can organize it (just tell me that you need to be picked up from grand plaza etc). I don't want to receive a flurry of texts all at once asking to be picked up from different locations.

I would also appreciate it if you send me a text or smashboards post in advance confirming that you're coming just so i can work out numbers to cater for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom