• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
HRAP's aren't ****, they're not made by Mad Catz.

Hori buttons aren't **** either, they're just not as good as Sanwa buttons.

I bet if I had that TE it would be completely useless now. HRAP atleast stands up to my constant beatings.
Says the person with the Broken Hori stick.

Also Japan is requesting madcatz to release sticks over there and thinking about giving the SF rights to Madcats taken them off Hori coz the sticks just arnt as good.

Also Tournaments are played on Madcatz not Hori

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Billy: Best Olimar and Best Ice Climbers for ya:
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OM5INAx5daY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OM5INAx5daY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Haahahaha the ending was the best =p. Sigh dont post stuff like that Antho it makes me want to play again

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Sup peoples. Just thought I'd post this here. Dif is trying to start the UQ Nintendo club. Sign up if you go to UQ, and like Nintendo, then when we have enough members it can become official. We'll be able to book rooms for the playing of games in, and various other stuff. So if you'd rather play smash then study for exams, sign up to this thingamajig on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...581619859#!/group.php?gid=380628187974&ref=mf

I know a few of you are at uq, so get your mates to, we'll probably have more then just smash, everyone loves Mario Kart, F-Zero, and Mario Party(Until you get palm blisters). k go

Cadmann reckons we'll have tournies eventually, we've got everything we need for small ones. King Kong for top of the UQ power rankings!!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Yeah Bob, come down again for some gaming and good food =)
As long as there is at least 1 other to go with me :)
Hear that people?
Sunday from midday-5pm games at Bond, and then food/beach/whatever sounds good afterwards.
I'll even drive ya ****.

@Hugh: That sounds the goods!
More other games, less smash for that sort of thing would be good.
just let em know/have those flyers on the side.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
Sup peoples. Just thought I'd post this here. Dif is trying to start the UQ Nintendo club. Sign up if you go to UQ, and like Nintendo, then when we have enough members it can become official.
what rooms do you think we can get/book? Im uq too btw. I know like 10+ ppl that are at uq that would participate in smash events.

is there any rooms with tvs already we could use (does anyone know?)

I'm tons up for this, lmk what's going on and developments, maybe we can all meet up at uni and discuss plans?

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Can us non-uni people come to these?

I mean, we went to Bond for pretty much the exact same thing so....
it would be sweet. :)
Mario Kart, Goldeneye, F-Zero, Mario TENNIS.
Its all good.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
Course you non members and non-uq students can come to events, but we'll probably end up giving discounts to members if we have any paid things, that seems to be how these work for other groups. Dif and I already bring n64/cube/wii's in some days to play with randoms, this is just making it official.

About rooms, you can book/rent conference rooms, tutorial rooms, even lecture halls. Some have tv's, most have computers. Dif and I can bring tv's/laptops with the appropriate cords. You can even play some of the slower games(Brawl, etc) on projectors. Probably should direct these questions to dif though, he's supposed to be organising it all.

Hopefully next open-week we'll be able to have a stall and mabye run a rotation, draw lots of new players to the queensland scene.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hey guys ADVERTISE THIS TOURNAMENT IN ANYWAY YOU CAN.

The pricing I'm going for is $5 entry, then $5 for each event you want to join, making that $20 total if you want to play all 3. So I need about 25 people to cut even for the hall hire as its $124 and something cents. Or else it's gonna come outta my pocket.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Scott, what's the per hour fee?
Also, I'm going to talk to Game Traders about possible sponsorship.

I also need an A3 sized Poster printed up to put in their store (or larger).

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Oh wait, it's 125.60 BUT that includes the $50 Key bond... so really its only 75.60 for 6 hours. Door Entry will be covered easy. Only need about 15 people.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Unlesssss you guys want it as $5 Door Entry then $10 per event entry =P
And left excess cash from the door entry will be split even as pot for the events.

Edit: And 15x20 = 300?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
we all pay a little extra $$ and winner gets a lap dance. from whoever u want. ill call a "dancer" from the toybox or u can have kas or dj or gords or someone ya like.

might come to hotcats, i want to cause i like the venue... think this was the first time i saw the dorfs 2.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I can get posters made up at a discount price. but they wont come free unfortunately. Just give me what you want, what sizes you want etc and i can get a quote

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Billy has 'connections in the right places' if you know what I'm saying.

Thanks Billy, I'll see what can be done.

Sirias

Smash Champion
How... Did you get 75 out of 15 x 20?
Unless it was... 15 x 5.
Or 7.5 x 10.
Which aren't anywhere near the correct amount.
Olol.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
So i was just at an 18th, and i was talking to the host's brother and friend, and it came up how i play smash bros competitively and he was like "oh, so have you played chris? the best brawl player in australia" so it turns out they went to the animania thing =D

yeah, that's my smash related story for the day.

Karp-0S

Smash Journeyman
At arons being a idiot like usual

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Aron says hi

Also

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Locked out? Then why put the ****ing street fighter machine up there so stupid. The guy doesn't even let you sit down. So sheit

So hungry. But thats good

Who has a wow mousepad honestly.

Aron does thats who. What a nerd.

Till next time.

which will most likely be tomorrow. Hope you all are happy

Incase you didnt infer it . Its nick/moose

DOUBLE EDIT ZOMG.

HAHAHHAHA QSB CREW BATTLE. KAS WITH LONG HAIR HAHA CATCH PHRASE. YOU'RE SO HARDOUT. hahahaha oh the memories. HAHA smiling. It hurts.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Was watching some footy last night.

HEY BILLY.

DID YOU HAVE FUN IN SYDNEY?

WAS THE FOOTY GOOD?

Lol.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Was watching some footy last night.

HEY BILLY.

DID YOU HAVE FUN IN SYDNEY?

WAS THE FOOTY GOOD?

Lol.
No but i wont a street fighter 4 tournament vsing some of the top OHN staff and players =D

Single Results!!!:
1: Genxa [AB]
2: Auxide [BO]
3: kientan [CH]
4: bksama [SA]
5: Jack [SA]
5: Goswu [KE]
7: L3ooker [BL] - Brisbane
7: Ineffable [AK]
9: Azure [CH]
9: Isorropia [ZA/DI]

Team Results!!!:
1: Kientan [CH] & L3ooker [BL][AB] <----------------------------- OMGS =D
2: Goswu [KE] & Jack [SA]
3: Auxide [BO] Azure [CH]
3: Genxa [AB] & Isorropia [DI]
5: bksama [SA] & Ineffable [AK]

Sieg

Smash Champion
Ken you knob jockey lol.

Pretty good work Billy, but when did you play Abel? lol.

You totally got carried didn't you lol.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
I didnt play Abel at all lol i dont know where they came from.

And a little bit. they put me in first vsing all the top guys and i beat one of them, got rounds of another 2. they where pretty good but hardly any of them had Blanka exp which helped. plus i played campy as ****, almost all my matchs came down to the last 20 seconds and i won a time out as well. I beat the guy that wons Abel in friendlys(which is totally **** ****) that made me feel alright =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom