• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmanondorf_

Smash Ace
well when we started the thread we didnt know if other people would give a **** about it.. plus it's dedicated to Gdorf and Gdorf only tournaments, so I don't know how that would sit with everyone else being in this thread.

Lachlan

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone.

Anyway, I think I got a lot better at playing smash, so when is the next event at which I can **** at melee and show you my improvements?!

tigerDORF

Smash Cadet
what do you do thursdays 10-12? sometimes me and false_angelwing (casy) play in one of the uq library rooms. gotta be quiet, but it's good.
Cut me a slice of that action, Siriasly!
Let me know when this is happening Dif, I would defnitly come!

Soooooo, next Hotcats venue booked?
Whats the go??? :confused:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
you sure? it's only 2 hours and it's quiet. if you really do want in then i'll post here when we'll be doing it, you and lachlan can then decide for yourselves if you want to turn up or not.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
CHRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you?
How was your holiday?
What did you score and how much? (Answer that however you please).

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Yeah things are good, enjoyed my little holiday in Melb in HK. Did the usual eating of tonnes of asian food/banquets and of cakes =D

-HK was really nice, toured around with my dad and middle sister, sightseeing, visiting a few people and eating loads of really authentic and traditional food. It helped having my dad around since he showed us where he used to eat when he was living there and stuff

-PS3 games are just under half price there, so picked up 5 ps3 games, nothing new but games I've watned for a long time, picked up a SSD, Shure840 headphones which I'm enjoying, and pokemon/FF models and yoshi plushies =)

-But yeah was good to go and catch up wtih everyone, had a hell of a time today moving my bike, violin, shopping loaded suitcase back to the GC, but now ready for smash!!!!

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Yeah if there is smash happening on the weekend, I'd be up for it

-Or we could always sneak around and find a room at uni or something, but yeah gotta catch up with everyone

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Seeing as ther's a mass amount of tourneys recently the next hotcats/whatever tourney should be pretty low budget. I'm looking at a couple new venues atm that I'll let scotty have a gander (lol) at as well.

ANTHONYS NOT ALLOWED TO LOOK OLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

basically looking at around or less than $10 entry for everything with fooly sik prizes bru that are choice as aye.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nick, you are a terrible troll.

Also please refrain from doing that so people aren't discouraged from posting here.

Chris, I need more MK practice. I wanna see if I can play better after watching tibs more.

EDIT: Sounds good Zac.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
>implying it was a troll and not a valid idea seeming as everyone whines to me about how brawl sucks and how they really don't want to go to a meet with brawl Involved.

Anthony I don't troll. Just because I hate brawl not everything I say is a ****ing troll

Jesus shut up

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll concede that I know more Melee players than Brawl players on the coast, but that's beside the point.
Don't be hatin' yo!

You imply nobody would come to mine for a Brawl-Only meet. I know Chris and Dean would at least and that'd be enough since I can't hold anymore than that.

I'd love for Ghost, toki, Kaion, Emery and other locals could come too, lol.

I don't get your logic, since nowhere before this post did I say anything about there being only Brawl at such a meet, thus you're implying that having the power of Brawl's inherent fail anywhere near a meet on the GC would lead to no attendance, despite other games such as SF4 and Melee at my house HA GOT YOU!

I kid. I kid.
Also I didn't want that post to be taken like you took it. That's why I included Denzel Washington.

@Kas: Yes.

EDIT:
I must have recently deleted something large on my hard drive because it's not complaining about being full. But I have no idea what I just accidentally.

EDIT2:
I posted this in that thread Cao made, but I want everyone to read this so:

I may not emphasise it as much, but name a tournament (that isn't a convention, because those are just advertising platforms for the Brawl/Melee Smash scenes at large) that I myself have organised in the past 2 years without Melee? Every single LanSmash has it.

That is besides what you mean, I realise. But hear me out.

Melee isn't new anymore. Brawl is. It just makes sense to advertise to Brawl players and hope they filter into the Melee scene and at the end of the day, the people we want to keep around in the tournament scene for either game is just going to find us on their own like Rob did.

The only people in Queensland's smash scene that don't play Melee to some extent are the people who don't regularly attend meets.

EDIT: The other day I got an email from someone wanting to know if I'd be running Smash 64 at Tempest. Amazing.
To clarify, I don't tell Scott or Kaion what to do in terms of the games they run. Up to them what they run. I'll always try to run Melee and Brawl together if I have 2 days to do it in.

TL:DR - I GET BUTTHURT REAL EASY. MY SKINNY ANUS CANNOT HANDLE GARY OAKS GIRTH.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Yo Bryce. Dif ocassionally has Melee setup at UQ in the Library. I can't remember what the details were though. I'd probably hit it up since I've not been to UQ before.

Dif!!!!

Sirias

Smash Champion
That is a good song. <3
Although I don't know what the Youtube thing is.

I could go for a Saturday meet, mayhaps.
Depends on when/where.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Sounds amazing Josh!
Been too long since we've all played and drank together.

I just found out from DJCat.. well Tigerdorf that Seadorf lives close to me. - I live next to indoorooppily shopping centre.
We should def meet up sometime have some beers and play melee and maybe brawl. Haven't had a chance to meet any dorfs yet because of my weekend work schedule.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
It was a nice day yesterday.
Got to sleep in, wake up late and relax before getting ready for work.
I saw a letter on the bench I missed earlier, and thought I better read it before going to work.
It had the news I knew had been coming for ages but didnt know when.

Gotta move out in 7 weeks.

Im cool with it though, i think there is time to find a new house/plan things etc.
SO
Hows about we make the most of the time WE (QLD Smash) has left with this house?
More day-meets.
I want 2 more DORF-OFFs before Tempest.
Thankfully we dont have to be out till the week after Tempest, kinda perfect timing really.

OH! Who wants to hold TVS if I dont have room when I move?

Day Matt Meat on Sunday from 2pm as well.
Will be mostly Brawl, but not ONLY so yah.
Also a chance to catch the ellusive Jaice, bring your MasterBalls! :bee:

Sirias

Smash Champion
I could hold the TVs, I s'pose. c:

Hmm... Is there any place in particular you wanna move to?
I say Indro, best place.
I MISS IT. </3

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
What about finding somewhere else to move to el-bobbo? Seems kind of important. Got any ideas?
Can do that during the week.
But any meets/Dorf Offs also have to work around James and his uni schedule and whatever else we need to do.
We'll let yas know anyway.

Mmm, cant do Saturday now, I has work, 6am start yay.

Thanks for TV Warehouse offer Kasper. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom