• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Brisbane/Gold Coast Meets & Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I can't come to hawtsoiikee which prob means ryan cant come either unless he finds his own way.

My exams run from 28th - 30th of june, and mothers birthday on 18th + gf's last exam on the 18th = committed to study and other tasks.

I'll be able to come to tempest though hopefully!!!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
got a new tv, maybe ill have some people over for weekday lunch time smash. anyday
bring anygame. just tell me =P by posting on this board =P

also anything today would be good

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Qld threads so FULL OF ACTIVITY!!

Scene is dieing fast imo, not enough competition, too much random other stuff.

On a topic related note, I MAY be able to come to hawtsoike, dunno yet though.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I'll agree that we haven't been as active over the past couple of months but at least we got Hawtsoike coming up and I'm pretty sure that there is a meet a Bob's place this weekend (I know it's not a proper tourney)

I'm hoping as much as Vyse that we get a good turnout for Tempest.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Bond uni bs is on every Sunday for the next couple of months from what I know if that helps

-And yeah, I've played smash like 2ce in the past month in qld, including both brawl/melee lol, fail =( But yeah, at a friend's wedding this sat, but sunday should be free

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
exam week is the cause. happens everytime.
This. I can't do anything til the 19th and haven't had free time to organise anything for the last 5-6 weeks or so.

Scene's not dying, people who organise are too busy and people who don't...well they don't have anything to do because of it. Scott will be in the same boat as me. Same with Kaion. Syke's got a tournament coming soon, and I've got Game Traders.

I need a secretary.

bond uni thing is on the 19th aswell.
I noticed that too. Ugh.

Tommorrow I'm having a meeting along with Katrina from the OMFG club at QUT to talk to O-Week organisers about setting something up. We'll see I guess.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Pfft, I'd be a better secretary than any of you fwangkurs. c:
Kkgo.

Scene isn't 'dying' it's 'dead'.
We aren't competitive here, we just play for fun.
Besides, Zac's the only one that really DROVE us into competition, but when he cbf'd, we all did.
NONE
THE
LESS
that's not to say that we can't get BACK into being active.
I'm just saying, people have better things to do now than play Smash, haha. d:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
I'm all willing to be competitive. that's what drives me to be better. first it was "i need to beat the hotdog guy >=[" now it's "i need to beat that nick guy" and it'll keep going until i give up on smash or i reach the top.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Kas:
We're just hibernating. We have two tournaments coming up on the same weekend.

What the scene really needs is somebody like Scott/Kaion/Me that isn't also at Uni to keep the scene going. Syke's doing his part, but realistically, you can't expect one person to run 1-2 tournaments a month.

Scott/Kaion/Me are too busy to do anything otherwise. I assure you that if I didn't have Uni to worry about, I'd be making things much more regular. If anybody wants to step up and start the ball rolling more regularly, be my guest. Perhaps I need to talk to Jesse again and sort something out at helensvale. Otherwise the scene will dawdle in limbo from people sitting on their hands and waiting for something to come along.

I organise LanSmash x4, Gencon and Animania x2. 7 tournaments a year ain't bad.
Scott has HotCats and Syke is helping there too.
Kaion has PMS, and he's said he didn't want to do anything else before tempest.

Anyhow, I'm 15 minutes away from a meeting with O-Week oranisers .

Sirias

Smash Champion
I know that.
That has also been said a jillion times.
I 'would' do something, but since you (and I) can't really rely on me, oh well.
Maybe just need more meets happening that aren't only at Bobs.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I never accused anybody for causing this lack of activity. Nobody even posts about competitive smash anymore in the qld threads, they are just totally inactive. I've been reading other states threads lol. Exam week isn't the cause cuz it's been this way for weeks. Just saying, seems like nobody can be bothered with smash.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've been playing it here and there with Ben etc when I can since I get lots of Brawl practice with James.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i played smash for a few hours with zac on saturday night. course i didn't expect to see zac, or play smash. it was quite a surprise.

in other news, i actually talk about smash a lot, just not here. msn and gfaqs are my places i talk about smash, i only use smashboards for tournaments.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Since being back here in qld, once with you Rob and once with Antho/Bob, definitely not enough!
-But then again, I'm swamped with uni and music stuff >.< Eeep...but still wanna play! tee hee

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I find out pretty soon wether I get this traineeship and if so I'll be moving down to Brisbane which would be moar smash :D

Although location doesn't really matter that much. In one weekend I spend an extra 10 bucks on travel compared to someone from the area spending just as much as me on other stuff like food, (mostly food). It matters mostly for anything spontaneous during the week.

Sirias

Smash Champion
We only play Smash because YOU insist on it! D:<
Not that we have anything better to do at yours anyway...
Since I'm so **** at Halo.

To answer your question, though, Rob...
I play whenever you see me play, if Ryan's around, if Zac's around, if at Bob's...
Hmmm, but on average, same as Zac, once or twice a month, for about a couple of hours each time. c:

Sloth

Smash Ace
I played Brawl against my flatmate last night..

But melee, not properly in a long while. On Sat after a few shots of whiskey and some beers I mucked around with Dif!
Don't think that counts tho.

We're all pretty inactive. Wonder the lack of practice will give us suprise results at Tempest.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Same here, I have nothing to add to it, nor can I take up any positions. c:

No OoSers for Melee is just lame.
People are even too lazy to come here, it's contagious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom