• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] WinterSmash 2011 ~ 9th July ~ Pre-Meet at Vyse's Friday Night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Shouts:

Jesmo: Nice work knocking me to losers to begin with. Awesome matches. I still feel you have me in the skill department, I just had my game face on in our losers final set. Good work getting third.
Vyse: Good tourney as always. Always good chatting about games & cards etc.
Blade: I am impressed by how much you are improving. Keep going with it, and learn to chain your throws and moves together. Oh and Back air more!
Zydro: Your a champ man, keep working at it and you'll be up with me in no time. Good work on Luigi too, you have uber respect from me ;)
Arrow: Why you no compete?
Cal: Use a higher tier character damn it. You have all the skills, the char just lets you down.
R4VEN: Super epic awesome tight matches. Play MK on me next time and you'll have me for sure.
Popdart: Didn't get any real chance to play you at this tourney sadly. Always good to have you there though.
Emery: Lucario is starting to get legit. Your spacing was really good by the end of the tournament too.
Murdoch: Don't be casual, come play and get good ;). You seem to have the natural movement down pretty well.
J-birds: Wish you would still compete in brawl. You still have the skills. Why not win money lol.
Dif & Hugh: You guys should have competed in singles.
Dean: Stop using MK you scrub. You were better with Marth.
Nat: Should've competed. A mentality of already lost is not a good mentality. You were improving the last time I played you :).
Jaice: Nice job beating me in our set. Glad I could at least take a game off you. Prep for reloaded is coming along very well it seems.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Josh: sif sleep in till 12, come next time
Ben: sif not come and team with me
Rob: sif be whipped
Ryan: sif not train 2 hours and come anyway
Sloth/Scott: sif move on to better fighting games
Kas: sif not come and beat zac
Bob: sif not make an appearance with epic 64 games
Uber: sif not come and lose to my link

Cal: lolololololololol you lost to my link
Jbirds: as soon as you stop losing your cool you'll beat me, imo that very first match we had was the decider for the entire set.
Vyse: thanks for hosting tournament. gl with keeping things strong with the sunnybank place.
Arrow: most epicest hype machine qld has
Zac: i'm zac mur m-m-mur imma just go and 4 stock the dude in winners/grand finals
Hugh: not treacherous this time lolololol
POICH: epic shoutouts to POICH for carrying zac through doubles
Popdart: northside represent. probably should have talked to you more but i get distracted a lot at tournaments
Kaion( i think, sometimes i forget who's who): sorry for making you paranoid XD i'm sure if you pay attention to your stuff it'll be safe, i was just dumb >_<
Dean: DOWNSMASH! epic guy, up there with arrow in terms of hypetrain

Remastered

Smash Lord
Cheers, it wasn't easy, all very tight matches apart from probably one. He gave me plenty of prac for that Falco MU to. Hope it pays off at reloaded.

Results as far as I know:
1. Jaice
2. Ad3pt
3. Jesmo
4. Kaion
5. Cal
5. Emery
The rest I'm not sure of.

Doubles:
JaM - Jaice & Ad3pt
Jessie James - Jesmo & J-birds
The rest I'm not sure of here either

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
AD3PT, you'll have to get a lot more experience then me because Falco MU experience vs me won't help you at all against Scoot. His Falco is retardedly better then mine. The only thing I do better with Falco is... :confused: Nope, I do nothing better with Falco :oneeye: Anyway, onto Shoutouts.

Jaice: Great job in Singles & Doubles. Our set was pretty close but I only really had a chance if I won against G&W. Oh well, at least it went to the fifth match. Pity we didn’t get more friendlies but the games we did play in the tourney were quite fun. I need more experience against Olimar. As it turns out, I was playing it totally wrong :lick: Epic Training Mode tech is epic :cool:

AD3PT: Well, I thought I won our first set pretty convincingly but you just played really smart in our second and obviously deserved the win. Falcon v Jiggs was great though :rotfl: Good job on 2’nd. I was definitely not playing my best in our second set though and I’m sure I’ll give you a tougher time of it next tourney ;) (PS: Good luck to you & Jaice at Reloaded)

Kaion: Imagine beating me in a Pit ditto MM :embarrass: Well done in Singles & with taking a match off Jaice. I swear you should beat these other players but you get into a winning position & panic I think. Anywho, we should team next tourney & time people out in Doubles… I’ll start working on a Team strategy :awesome:

Emery: You’ve really improved & it was great talking to you. Keep playing + learn those MU’s = Win. Good job on your placing.

J-Birds: Was fun teaming with you even if we did end up getting kind of R4PED. Stop Wavedashing and come back to Brawl :estatic:

Blade: You have improved since I played you Offline last. You’ve really got to start using Kirby’s greatest strengths though. F-throw chaingrab, Utilt and BAIR! Oh well, was nice talking to you & I hope you didn’t take off your Link hat because I said it was silleh. I was just so jealous. :mad:

Cal: Gave me a bit of a scare in our first match when you almost beat my Pit. Well done. I only felt safe with Falco.

Vyse: As always thanks for running this & for the couple of friendlies we had. I swear you are so technical & play so well in friendlies. It’s a shame you don’t seem to play the same way in Tourneys because you really are a very smart player. Great job timing Blade out twice though. Use Pit next time because it makes it so much easier… Or it would be without a ledge grab limit :chuckle:

Popdart: I think that’s your name… Anyway, thanks for the friendlies. I enjoyed them quite a lot & I got a little bit of much needed G&W experience.

Jezmo: Why so bad? :dizzy:

Sorry if I missed anyone but I had a good time at this Tourney & thanks again to Vyse for running it… Back to MMGN I suppose. *Runs away* :roll:

Popdart

Smash Cadet
I should really play Smash in between tourneys to get better lol.

Was a good tourney anyway. Had some decent matches against Vyse and Cal (except for my derp d-airs off the stage :S).

Was good teaming with Zydro again for doubles even if we didn't win anything.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh Jesmo, that first set was an *** whipping. I had to learn on the run pretty quickly. Like I said, I still think you have me in skill regardless of the result. Atm you are too good for me to even think I could beat you consistently.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee Dubs

1: Lucky Professionals (J-Birds + Arrow)
2: Itz WoW Timez
3: HADOKOA (Dif + Hugh)
4: Meal Deal (Cal + Vyse)
5: Return of the Troublesome Lobsters (Emery + Blade)

Melee Singles

1: Yuri
2: teh Difinitive
3: J-birds
4: Arrow
5: Vyse
5: Calibur
7: Hughalicous

Brawl Dubs

1: JaM (Jaice and Matt)
2: Jessie James (Jessie James)
3: Team Breakfast Breakfast (Emery + Vyse)
4: Meal Deal (Cal + Vyse)
5: Team Obese Masters (Blade + Kaion)
5: Team Cheats of Destined Dullness (Dean + Arrow)
7: HADOKOA (Dif + Hugh)
7: Revenge of a Dominating Pest (Zydro + Popdart)

Brawl Singles

Halfway through the bracket nobody put in their results so I'm not sure if the results are correct.

1: Jaice
2: AD3PT
3: Jesmo
4: Kaion
5: Calibur
5: Emery
7: Zydro
7: Vyse
9: Popdart
9: Merdoch
9: Blade

http://imgur.com/Joi8v <- Check and make sure

Shadowblade

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts:

vyse: great tournament as always

Ad3pt: thanks for the advice and friendlies

Jezmo: thanks for the commentary, and I will learn to beat you pit

R4VEN: thanks for teaming with me, sorry for the SD during our match with AD3PT and Jaice, not that it would of made any difference

Cal: I never get enough practice against DK, didn't know what to look out for. great games all the same

to every one else gg, I would of done this sooner by my laptop broke on me, I got it running for now but its still having problems

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
how annoying it is to be outplaced by a team u beat =P

i got some pokemon cards 2 now =P pretty useless tho since i only got one energy.
aww yea. Now you have to learn about building ;)

Shoutouts:

Dif: I'm so bad at melee. Lost to your link sigh. Dunno if I'll ever grab the concept of ****** at the game.

Vyse: You still get the job done in the end. No hype but I enjoyed myself nonetheless and that's the main thing. I can understand cards > smash these days too. Also thanks for letting me crash.

Arrow: You have really good natural ability at everything. I'm too weak against you. Arrow 2g.

Adept: Thanks for practice and housing as always. Congrats on 2nd place. As far as my character choice goes I think you're somewhat right. However DK isn't bad enough to hold me back that much in the Australian metagame. I just have to get better.

Jezmo: Overall I'm pleased that I could almost take a game off you but sadly I have no falco mu exp so I'm not used to having to deal with lasers. Once I do prepare to get ***** heh. Friendlies were fun.

Yuri: Zac is a ******, you're such a better player than him. You and level 9 peach 2g. Straight profit.

Blade: My MK is so bad. Can't play top tier for some reason. You're getting much better at not relying on gimmicks to win and you're taking peoples advice now. Just stick with kirby, falcon is so bad.

Everyone else: Good blokes all round, small but fun tourney. Should all buy pokemon cards, just saying.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
don't listen to him, blade. gimmicks get you everywhere. i only use gimmicks and i came 2nd in melee + won $5 off cal in a MM. gimmicks is where it's at.

btw vyse, your commentary gained me a subscriber on youtube XD <3

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
don't listen to him, blade. gimmicks get you everywhere. i only use gimmicks and i came 2nd in melee + won $5 off cal in a MM. gimmicks is where it's at.

btw vyse, your commentary gained me a subscriber on youtube XD <3
melee gimmicks aren't brawl gimmicks

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I timed him out twice to prove a point.

You *think* it's easy to avoid, but most people go about it the wrong way.

If you stand there and do nothing, then you win.
Yea QLD is dumb haha. Also good stuff. I'd end up extremely bored if I forced a timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom