• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Ok people here's how it goes. Its a very simple descussion. I'm using this to bring The Peach Boards closer and just see how other people think and how they are. Maybe even to Learn Something in the process. I will post a random question once everyday and we will get opinions and discuss. Giving good detail is a super plus. Why am i doing this? I'm not even sure but it seems fun to me =D This would be even better if other smashers from the other Characters gave there thoughts as well.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Todays question is. Is there a sertain thing that helps you remember people easier or if you see or hear that makes you only think of that person? Even if you don't id like it to say you don't lol. Mine is songs. Like when I hear the song bad romance I think of hiroi. When I hear one winged angel I think of lady legion. When I hear human nature for some reason I think of Mikey L. When I hear chris browns song Forever I think of my ex and if I hear anything by the artist Anita Baker I think of my mother and my childhood.

I posted this in the SD thread but moving it here feels better.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I don't really actively try to remember people in any particular way - the people usually do that themselves. Here on the boards I usually use that person's avatar as their "face". I know Air's avatar set by heart, Dekuu's, Dark's, and more locally everyone's in the Colorado board. It throws me off when people change though.

Its strong too. For example, if a person I know uses one of the default avatars, and I see someone else with it, I'm usually surprised it's not them. :p

Otherwise, there's always a ton of connotations I've picked up from here. Lady Gaga, Mike's Song, heifer - I'm reminded at a random assortment of times throughout my week of the Peach boards.

Just yesterday, I saw this skinny Praxis at Taco Bell. It freaked me out but right as I was about to say "Praxis...?" he turned away, and I stopped wondering why bulimic Praxis was getting Taco Bell at the University of Northern Colorado.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Hm... There is always something like these that help remind us of other people, whether it be a word, a song, or other such thingies. Bad Romance, for instance, reminds me of Judge, since it always seems to play whenever we're traveling anywhere. Thinking of touhou characters remind me in general of Peachkid, and Ankoku when it's specifically Marisa. I don't think I can ever erase the tie between these boards or American Idol, either, after the bit of rating people's pictures. XD

I should get back to that. I owe people some ratings, I suppose, but only if I feel like it. ^.^

I associate people with images. Even if I cannot remember a name, I can typically remember a face and sometimes put that face against other people and get them confused x.x

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Lol Hiram.
AW @ the cat gif.

I remember people on the boards by avatars/how they post.
The easiest person to remember on this board is Praxis because he hasn't changed his avatar in at least over a year and a half.

Moozle

Smash Champion
When I think of all of my friends, the first thing that comes to mind for each of them is their laugh. I guess my friends have very distinct laughs :laugh:

hiROI

Smash Lord
Tell me what mood were you in when you met me? And what inappropriate things I say?
First time I played you was at Wato 5 or 5.5 called Whales are True Outlaws. My mood was 'Like a Virgin' since everything was new to me still. And I thought you were the rudest, stuck up African American ever <3 But things changed...

White-Peach

Smash Ace
The easiest person to remember on this board is Praxis because he hasn't changed his avatar in at least over a year and a half.
Hi.

I remember people for who they are, good and bad. I mean, I guess I associate people with things, like my mom with gardening/flowers, or my dad with cars, but idk :p Lots of times though, it can be smells or other unusual things. Like today, for example. I was in the asian store, and there was some tv show on, and the lady was speaking Tagalog (Filipino language) and I thought "Awwww, family!"

Fruit = Proot (roll them r's!)

-Cross-

Smash Ace
What helps me remember people is if they ever did some sort of dramatic action. It does not even have to be an exaggerated action, anything that I have seen a person do that sticks in my heads reminds me of them. It's actually pretty funny, because I will recognize people from past experiences, but have no reliable way in recalling their names. On the boards, I mainly remember by a person's posts.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I don't really actively try to remember people in any particular way - the people usually do that themselves. Here on the boards I usually use that person's avatar as their "face". I know Air's avatar set by heart, Dekuu's, Dark's, and more locally everyone's in the Colorado board. It throws me off when people change though.

Its strong too. For example, if a person I know uses one of the default avatars, and I see someone else with it, I'm usually surprised it's not them. :p

Otherwise, there's always a ton of connotations I've picked up from here. Lady Gaga, Mike's Song, heifer - I'm reminded at a random assortment of times throughout my week of the Peach boards.

Just yesterday, I saw this skinny Praxis at Taco Bell. It freaked me out but right as I was about to say "Praxis...?" he turned away, and I stopped wondering why bulimic Praxis was getting Taco Bell at the University of Northern Colorado.
I agree a lot with the first part lol. I look perhaps too much into people's avatars lol. For my own avatars though, it makes me feel better about certain things...:p

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
To keep this thread from closing I must also ask questions about Peach as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Today's question is. Which of peach's air moves is the safest and does well overall to you and why you think so?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't know about that, actually. I feel Peach is a safe character overall. Dair, Bair, Fair, Nair, Jab (well-spaced), Dtilt (slide), Fsmash (not always), turnips and maybe even a well-spaced Dash Attack (this attack is so disjointed, it's ridiculous), they all feel see. I might have forgot some attacks too. With good spacing, a lot of Peach's (good) moves become safe. She has the range and speed.

:053:

Nicole

Smash Champion
Fair and Dair seem the safest to me, as the people I play with occasionally comment on how much they hate that those moves aren't punishable.

Bair is her best aerial IMO, though, I wonder why that is? I think the mad priority and speed of this move make me like it the best. It's pretty safe, too.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I think FAir is the safest because of the range, the way the hitbox covers her front, and how much floating covers its weaknesses.

But best overall I have to give to BAir. It is the compromise between FAir and NAir. Fast, lock properties (that I don't use because I suck!), cancels into something else to ensure safety, makes for a good wall, and has a nice range. Great damage too (double hits with BAir are easier than NAir imo). Approaching with it via RAR and walling are pretty great as well. Great setups with hard and soft hits at different percentages. Great all-around attack~

Metatitan

Smash Master
D-air obviously. That's not debatable :p
I disagree completely, in fact out of all her aerials Dair is probably the least safe thanks to punishes with SDI (among people punishing it's lack of range if shorthopped).

Her safest aerial is without a doubt Fair, safest ground move is probably jab.

Fair really is the only aerial that really is almost entirely safe. Dair can be SDI'd and punished with an aerial or even ground attack, Uair has end lag in the air(and if you miss....) especially since you don't really do it coming down on people. Bair can be punished out of a PS (if it's not PS'd it's as safe as Fair and it's as safe as Fair if they're in the air).

Nair isn't that safe against a shield like it was in melee but it's actually pretty safe for lacking range; you have a lot of control over Peach's movement when using Nair. Fair has the least landing lag, it's safe if spaced right even on a PS, it's fast autocanceling lead to a plethora of options (buffered aerials, ground moves, dodges shields running the list goes on and on). Fair's main flaw is the startup speed(which can be somewhat fixed by good spacing) and ending lag in the air.

Peach's safest ground attack(excluding turnips) is probably jab just because it has great range, high priority, and many jab cancel variations.

IMO it's nice to know what peach's safest attacks are, just don't limit yourself to mostly that attack because it's a mastery of all her attacks that make you a peach main (and a mastery of mindset, character, and many other things to be a top peach main I'd assume).

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I do have to say Fair.

If spaced properly, it can't be shield grabbed, you can follow it up with some stuff, it has a gigantic range, etc etc etc. For example, fair to fsmash is actually a viable killing option, because if they shield the fair and try to shield grab, then they get fsmashed in the face. Fair is also great for spacing, baiting, punishing, pushing (cornering your opponent), and surviving :O

Dair is pretty punishable because of SDI and OoS moves. Marth's up+b, shuttle loop, snake's utilt, etc can all punish Peach if she doesn't move out of the way before her dair ends. I <3 dair, but unfortunately it is punishable.

Uair is actually pretty safe, but not as safe as fair. It might even be "safer," but it doesn't have as many uses as fair.

Bair/Nair are both really good, but they aren't too "safe." They can be punished.

On the ground, if "safe" is the topic, I'd actually have to say dtilt is her safest option. It can poke under their shield, and if they manage to shield it, you can just slide away :) If not, then probably double jab. Jab->grab is awesome, but some people can hit you out of it... Double jab usually isn't punished...

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Today's question is.....
If you had a special love you wanted to see that's not where you live now. Where would you want it to be at and what kind of person. Please elaborate.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Today's question is.....
If you had a special love you wanted to see that's not where you live now. Where would you want it to be at and what kind of person. Please elaborate.
Not sure what you mean exactly. Do you mean a long distance relationship or if you lived somewhere else?
The kind of person I'm looking for though would be a "tomboy" type of girl :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
Grammar doesn't apply to me

But on topic, I would like to meet theme in another country like South Korea, since he will most likely will be there. I would want him to be who he is.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
hehehe, if you're going to play the grammar police you need to at least have proper grammar yourself :p
YOUR RULES DON'T APPLY TO ME, I'M FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE AND OUR GRAMMAR IS DIFFERENT AND BETTER :D (See how I work that "I'm different" angle? Totally use it for everything xD)

I've never had a special love :(

But I guess if we're playing "romantic story time" in the movie starring ME, ...I really don't know. I usually like people because they grow on me out of being around all the time.

The closest I've got, is a guy friend I know, that I liked for a good couple years (he knew, heterosexual) with whom I am still really close (but I don't like him that way anymore.) But it was that online friendship thing, never met him in real life. I keep telling him he has to get married so I can leave the country (just to Canada) to attend his wedding and meet him in person. I've known him since I was 18 or 19, so 4 or 5 years now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Amber, she lives in AZ. I would do so much just to atleast see her and hold her in my arms just once.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Today's question is.....
well there is no if, it is the girl in my avatar.

we had a rough 5 years, and she and i are somewhat on the rocks again, it sucks but i've got to keep it cool and not blow up. i can wait, but if i wanted to see her it would be back in paris again. paris was really nice, a little on the dirty side but pretty nice. tis all~

Snakeee

Smash Master
Well if it's a distance thing anyway, why does it matter where they're from? If you're willing to have a long distance relationship, then the place probably doesn't matter much to you anyway. I don't mind long distance relationships btw, but only if I've met them before, or at least had as much contact possible otherwise. Being open enough to allow yourself to branch out for love in a far off place is a very good quality of character I feel. If you're open to this, then I think you're much more likely to find someone that suits you best.

And if we're talking about online dating, I never really bothered with that. I always felt like I would be such a loser to do a thing like that lol, but you know I think I was just being really close minded on it. There's nothing wrong with doing that at all. It's just an easier way for people to meet each other. It might be especially useful down the line in my case, since I'm a lot different than most guys, and I'm looking for someone that's a lot different than most girls. :laugh:

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I skipped yesterday cause of a tourny. Even though I did bad lol.
Today's question is. What do you think Peach needs to become high tier? Elaborate.

Top Bottom