• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen B. Kyon's Random Question Thread

Toadallstar2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BadInfluenceX
Her down smash needs to be what it was in melee. Her up B needs to extend further. And her fair must be stronger, more knockback, quicker maybe? haha.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Ok new topic today. But first a story. I went to a gay club tonight. And watched a drag show. During this show a guy came up to me and introduced himself to me and gave me compliments. I was very flattered and continued to watch the show. Abit later he came back and grabbed my hand. Saying I was very appealing. Me being super flattered loved it and only laughed. But then he started to touch too much and like I got uncomfortable. My friend Chad noticed and took me away. Oh btw the guy was like 40 something years old. Which brings up my question. What kind of situation has come up for you and made you feel super uncomfortable? XD

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I was in a patient's room doing the usual things that need to be done. My patients usually think I'm a woman, which is okay by me. We talk, and she talks to me about her family, and her son and how he's so smart and in medical school. She asks me if I'm married (this is one of those "Uh, no?" questions that you have to play along with.) I finish what I needed to do and left the room (you move in and out a lot) and onto my next patient. I come back later, and she's on the phone, and tells me that she's talking to her son. She's describing me to her son, "Oh yes, and the nurse here is so young and smart, and so pretty!" and then talks to me, still holding the phone "You should meet my son!"

Thank goodness we only had clinicals at that hospital once a week and most people are out or transferred in that time.

-not a woman (which is fine most of the time, but whoamg in this case, thank god he was just on the phone)
-not a nurse (yet)
-i'm definitely not pretty enough to tell someone else that i'm pretty. and DEFINITELY NOT when I look a shapeless in scrubs with a messy bun. Green scrub top and white scrub pants does not a pretty person make.

People's perspective is different when they're laying in bed, everyone is taller than them. I recall getting an older man up out of bed and him saying "Wow! You're a tall girl!" and having to laugh that one off...

Or the time I was changing for the first time in the maternity ward, and going into the men's locker room. Apparently (I learned after the fact), the anaesthesiologist (whom I would meet later) "caught" me going into the men's locker room and almost rushed in to "save me" from my mistake, but was corrected by one of the other students... AND! Upon leaving the same locker room, a woman "caught" me exiting the men's locker room and told me that I didn't read the (Men's) sign and was wearing the wrong color scrubs (boys have blue, girls have purple). Again, a student corrected the mistake (I take a long time to get ready [hah!] and they were waiting for me xD) That lady literally disappeared back behind the girl's locker room door. I would go on to continue receiving strange looks from the staff while wearing blue for the rest of the days I was in the maternity ward.

Or how about the time a doctor insisted I was in the wrong locker room and told me to leave? I had to show him my ID for the little "M" to change his mind so that I could change my clothes and be able to leave!

Most situations are fine, but these were some of the more embarrassing ones~

Snakeee

Smash Master
Uh...well I'm almost always uncomfortable :laugh:. But I have anxiety issues.

But ok specific examples I guess...

1) When a gay smasher hit on me
2) When another gay smasher hit on me
3) When another.......................................
4) When I had to tell a gay smasher I only seemed feminine bc I'm a male-lesbian :ohwell:

Metatitan

Smash Master
One of my friends became a crack addicted ecstasy driven drug maniac. Needless to say he stopped being my friend freshman year but last year I was sitting with our mutual friend and he sat down with us.... it was sooooooo awkward.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I have a scar on my right arm from 6 years ago when I went with my best friend to a fair. His mom told him to invite one person since he was moving to Massachusetts, and he chose me. I'm grateful for my scar and I will never forget my best friend at heart <3

Metatitan

Smash Master
I have two, a yoshi plush and a charmander plush. The yoshi plush because it's the oldest stuffed animal I have and the charmander plush because it's the only thing I ever won from the crane game. It was in vegas too :D!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i can't find it but i know i never threw it away buuuut it was a badly drawn naruto picture my little cousin drew for me. his sis taught him how so he drew one it for me so idk, i just kept it coz i guess the little foo looks up to me which is kinda cool. i miss bein' out there in toronto but i get to go this summer though! ;D

but yeaaah i know i still have that.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I have this really old friendship bracelet from when I was in high school I think... junior year? One of my best friend's ex. (get that?) gave them to everyone at her party. I still have that... I have a horrible horrible long term memory so I never throw away anything anyone gives me.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Those were very good ones. I like razm's a lot. Todays question is...

If you could make one of peach's moves faster, more knockback and more prior what would it be? I think id choose nair...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
faster? nair? thats mean >: (

dtilt or ftilt cuz they have really good range but are too slow/easy to punish.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Those were very good ones. I like razm's a lot. Todays question is...

If you could make one of peach's moves faster, more knockback and more prior what would it be? I think id choose nair...
Faster? Up Smash or Fair (assuming coming out, if overall I'd chose for Bair to have way less endlag in the air to combo with it again). More knockback? Nair/uair/Bair/f tilt, any of them would make me happy. More priority? Jab, good priority but I'm talking falco jab priority

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Faster? Up Smash or Fair (assuming coming out, if overall I'd chose for Bair to have way less endlag in the air to combo with it again). More knockback? Nair/uair/Bair/f tilt, any of them would make me happy. More priority? Jab, good priority but I'm talking falco jab priority
o....m...g.... falco .. =)

Nicole

Smash Champion
I'd make Fsmash or Usmash faster, I'd give Fthrow the knockback it had from Melee, take away the lag from Ftilt, and...priority...hmm, Peach already has very good priority...I'd give her dair even more priority, so it could go through things like ICs Uair, Zamus Uair, Mk Uair, etc.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Upsmash. If our upsmash came out faster we could probably punish a lot of things with it :)

Otherwise, fair. Would love to give Marth some competition.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I just came back from megacon and enjoyed myself. Now i'm off on a date. finally. Tonights question is when was your first date? or if you havent had one who would you like it to be. Be realistic btw lol

Metatitan

Smash Master
I just came back from megacon and enjoyed myself. Now i'm off on a date. finally. Tonights question is when was your first date? or if you havent had one who would you like it to be. Be realistic btw lol
I went with a cute little latina chick to see the second Narnia movie. She had to explain it to me since I hadn't seen the first one though xD

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hmm... I'm not sure. I think my first date was also to a movie, junk was hip. I think we just made out which is why I can't remember the movie... I was all shy and junk my ex made every first move; good kid.

OH! some boxing movie... balerina man? something like that.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
First date was going to see a movie with the girl. It was nice, we still go on dates. We usually just have food, watch a movie or something. Nothing too fancy, we enjoy those pizzerias that nobody else knows about. Dates are nice, :)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
OH! some boxing movie... balerina man? something like that.
LOL

Cinderella Man?

I... can't really remember my first date. I started "seeing" my ex-boyfriend a bit before we actually started "dating". It was usually just movie and dinner + some random adventure.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Never been on a legit date
:(
:(

but I was introduced to my friend's gay best friend on July 4 and we started talking then. But now we're just friends :p

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
My first date was with my ex (and im still awesomely good friends with her) we went to dinner at this restaurant called Moonstones

we were entertained by a bunch of clefairies

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I went over hirORI's house today and I felt like my playstyle was messy. So I decided to do something different and I felt like my play styled flowed and I played better. Peach main question. When your playing smash how do you play? Does your play style feel smooth. Like feels like everything links together. Or is it something else. Give nice detail.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
It feels smooth to me I guess? Idk im aware of when I'm too aggressive (I start getting hit a lot :p) but it usually just flows. I'm comfortable playing her, and it doesnt feel like it has changed too much even since melee. The same things happen, same situations. I get the muscle-memory knee-jerk response when I know I can punish something, and I know when I don't know exactly what to do. I just have a general playstyle of managing each situation individually. I'll handle X-situation the same way if I know I'll get away with something, and then follow-up based on the spacing. I've played for so long that I just recognize my openings like snapshots and just link different spacings and stun times based on % (and usually the distance they travel has a direct correlation on their dmg%, so you can see it). When I feel like I don't know something, it took me a while to really get the "pull and hold the turnip" thing, and throw it at the right time to break the bad situation.

Idk, I'd like to imagine that I smoothly go from defensive to aggressive and push my advantage for all it's worth, then go back to hard camping. I like to stay glued to the ground if at all possible, and make short little hops so I can link aerials into grounded stuff quickly for combos, or to give myself time to move away and regroup.

More often that not I deal with the me vs. myself thing :p I LIKE TO PLAY aggressive, because it is fun. But I know I have a better chance of winning if I wear the other guy out with turnips (mentally and dmg% in-game) which took me a long time to actually learn.

You picked something hard to describe.

Nicole

Smash Champion
My playstyle is very methodical and probably very boring to watch, I think. I know what works against characters and I simply do that until the other person messes up. For example, against Lucario, I will Fair his shield and retreat over and over until he gets annoyed and rolls or does a move. I'll do basically the same one or two safe things, regardless of how many times I have to do them before I get the result I want.

When I don't know a matchup, or if someone just plays the character strangely, I have a hard time adjusting at first and resort to camping and trying to figure out what to do. I actually don't do very well (I still win, naturally, but hey) against scrubs, because they don't make any sense and don't use their character the way a decent/good player would.

I know when I'm playing good or bad, but it's hard to turn my bad playing into good, even though I could tell you exactly why I'm playing badly (not camping enough, being greedy for the kill, etc).

...I always seem to miss the personal question days :/

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I feel very smooth and flowy, like with sheik : )

Um.. I'm hyper defensive and weave in and out with glide tosses trying to throw my opponent off balance. I try to create powerful zoning game by throw my turnips up. it really decrease what my opponent can and can't do during a set amount of time and adds more stress to my both of our approach/poke games in general.
(I started doing this because of kyon btw it transitioned to my link as well)

When I do connect it's like BAM! from there I just combo it out some how.

I like peaches poke game too, because of jab she just feels so safe. you know how you can jab->grab sometimes even though it isn't true AT ALL. well I apply the same thing to dair even if they sheild I can go behind them and nair or cancel that into a grab. SO FUN!

I never really try to kill ever I just try to live. I don't know any reliable kill set ups with peach and thats the main reason I don't play her in tourney ATM. pivot smashes don't do it for me.

Top Bottom