• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I'd make a cool mod. Everybody vote for me. I will reform Snake's healthcare.

@Leafy
I've actually never played a single battle with a competitive player. I know aaaaall about competitive Pokemon. I just have no experience and suck at making teams. :<

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Zaj, download Shoddy, and play me on Smogon's server some time.

Fine, play my most recent team. I recently reformatted my computer, and lost EVERY team I had. Over 15 completely different UU teams, and over 50 OU teams and remakes. I have one UU team on my computer right now, and I'm still in it's test phase, but I'm more then willing to use it against you.

PM me with your Shoddy ID, and we can play after I eat dinner, or tomorrow.

Anyhow, I find OU boring as hell, because it's so bland and lacks diversity. Seriously, 30.81% of all teams has Scizor on them, and about 20.95% of all teams is using Salamence and/or Rotom-A.

Now look at UU, the most used Pokemon in the UU tier is Venusaur, it only has a 18.09% usage rate.

Those rates were taken from the November 2009 Elitist(Smogon) Shoddy Server Statistics.

OU lacks the diversity that UU has, and I've gotten tired of seeing Scizor.

Oh yeah, I'm off suspension tomorrow. =)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I need to make a team and just hope it doesn't suck. It'll probably be UU, since I agree that it's more fun. The only downside is that it doesn't have Jolteon, and that's my favorite eeveelution. :<

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
If I make an OU team in 5 minutes, it'll suck... Really bad.

Play my UU team with your OU team. It'd be nice to get some opinions on what I should do with it anyways.

Zaj, make a team, and I'll play you.

And you guys should stop by the PC every now and then.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna use my OU team on your UU team lol. You'd get wrecked and then whine about how you used a UU team and how the win wouldn't matter. -_-

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
mod talks come up every few weeks, just don't post in the threads that should be closed and bump threads that you think should be stickied to keep them on the top of the page

Also: POKEMANZ!!!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pokemon is awesome because it only requires knowledge to be good at it. And a little bit of luck in avoiding random critical hits and your moves missing.

Leafy, I'll play you after I get around to making a team. Probably won't be anytime this week cause of finals. In fact I should probably be studying physics crap right now so I don't bomb it. If I do, I fail the class. :<

napZzz

Smash Hero
I don't care if you beat me or not... I don't take games that seriously. You beating me with a team I made in 5 minutes doesn't matter much either.
thats what everyone says. But everyone I play in pokemon is a sore loser, especially after they see my teams. lol

and its more than jus tknowledge zajice : |

Technodeath

Smash Champion
i dont see how it's really anything but knowledge about the pokemon and the abilities.

explain how there is more to it than just knowledge.

im not attacking you, im just curious as to what else is incorporated into these games.

Anyone think there are a lot of posts buried somewhere in that could be of some help? Even though the greats are gone from our halls, their words still remain.

http://www.smashboards.com/archive/index.php/f-153.html

It's amazing there have been over 1400 threads made in the Snake boards since it's creation.

IN Metal Gear, Snake crawled over land mines to pick them up and disable them. If he ran twoards them, then they blew up. I'm assuming that he'll have apurpose in the Subspace Emissary, where he'll have to crawl to avoid mines.
^Fail
I think we were all thinking just too hard. Crawling is probably just going to be for dodging projectiles(lasers, super scope, missles etc.).
^Win

Wow. EY was here form the beginning o.o He is the eldest Snake here. All the way back in 10/30/07. That was 2 years ago. Wow...

napZzz

Smash Hero
prediction is your skill factor in pokemon, you cant give someone an amazing team and expect them to win. They have to have at least some minor prediction abilities and knowledge of how to use it, which could just count as knowledge all around or something else. I dunno

prediction is your skill factor in pokemon, you cant give someone an amazing team and expect them to win. They have to have at least some minor prediction abilities and knowledge of how to use it, which could just count as knowledge all around or something else. I dunno
I hate prediction so much because of that. With pokemon like Heatran running rampant, you can almost always expect either a swtich or a them to stick it out because of that. It's irritating. IT's like a 50/50 situation.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
thats what everyone says. But everyone I play in pokemon is a sore loser, especially after they see my teams. lol
Nappy. Seriously. I don't care, I'm just stating facts. I'm good at Pokemon, but I'm not gonna brag like I'm the best out there. I could not give two ****s whether you beat me or not. I have a plethora of things to worry about in my life then being sore over losing in Pokemon...

I got the Pokemon Researcher user title because of my Knowledge of the metagame.

And team building is perhaps the thing that I'm worst at, but I still get wins.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'd actually like it if you could help me get into uu. I've been mostly OU since I started playing, and planned on doing so until I felt like I was at a comfortable skill level that I could learn UU as well

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
When I said you only needed knowledge to be good, I meant you didn't have to practice tech skill and stuff like that.

When I said you only needed knowledge to be good, I meant you didn't have to practice tech skill and stuff like that.
Pkmn has a ton of tech skill involved in pressing yes, or no. How about select this option over the other :laugh:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=136283

^This thread I find just really funny. People discussing Snake's brokeness before he even comes out lol

Awkwardness is another poor excuse, you have pink puffballs, ****** twins, a fat cyan penguin in a king’s robe, plumbers that shoot fireballs, a yellow electric rat, a princess that practically changes genders, a race-car driver, a blue hedgehog that runs at super fast speed, an angel boy, just to name a few. Ridley would just be another face in Brawl’s freak show crowd.

napZzz

Smash Hero
psycho ****** was probably the first beastly snake on the boards

trying to remember back to who else there was, I dunno really tbh. I cant remember :S

or maybe you could get aim/msn like a normal person leafybug.

I wish I could namesearch, but Zaj is to short and that's more commonly used.
I name search two things. Since I get called different things. But, I have already know the only people who would call me by name are here, falco and Peach boards. I check those so often however I have no need to search the fourms, I just happen to be up to date with discussion xD

That just depresses me ;_; It really does...

Attempting to show siggy. I have a thing for shiny swords.
< Avatar Blue swords.

v Red Sword ^_^

Top Bottom