• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I think Snake is only slightly overrated.
I think Diddy is more overrated.
Falco and Wario for second and third best.

I'm making a big shell stage. Thankfully, I have all the source material texture but I can't seem to find they sky. >_<
Other than that, I'm sucesfullly gathering the needed models from Brawl to make it.

Anyway, E3 is tomorrow??

Underload

Lazy
Snake's the 2nd best character in the game. Always has, always will be. The whole 'there's only 3 Snakes that can place well at nationals' idea is complete bull****, too.

**** I can't wait for E3.

I agree with Underload.

I feel like playing Fatal Frame for some reason -.-

etecoon

Smash Hero
Snake's the 2nd best character in the game. Always has, always will be. The whole 'there's only 3 Snakes that can place well at nationals' idea is complete bull****, too.
devils advocate mode: if MK were ever banned, snake wouldn't be top 3

he's not that amazing in general, he just does unusually well against MK(and still noticeabley loses lmao)

but yeah, MK allowed metagame = snake is #2, unless most CPs are banned and then IC's have a shot at him(and MK for that matter)

too bad my absurd theorycraft will never get tested, MK MU vs banhammer 95:5

Underload

Lazy
devils advocate mode: if MK were ever banned, snake wouldn't be top 3

he's not that amazing in general, he just does unusually well against MK(and still noticeabley loses lmao)

but yeah, MK allowed metagame = snake is #2, unless most CPs are banned and then IC's have a shot at him(and MK for that matter)

too bad my absurd theorycraft will never get tested, MK MU vs banhammer 95:5
I think this might just be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nah, snake is hellaaaa overrated and you know it. without MK his MU spread is prolly worse than like, IC's(now lose to no one), marth, wario, and maybe a couple others, and his worse MU's increase in appearance a lot

etecoon

Smash Hero
probably would, but that's because he would have the best players, unless all MK mains pick up the same character(not going to happen + a lot will quit, and a lot will use snake <_<)

-Ran

Smash Master
MK keeps match ups that aren't favorable to Snake in check, or denies characters that have even match ups against Snake from being tournament viable. With the removal of MK, you'll have more Olimars, Falcos, King Dededes, Pikachus, Marths, Toon Link, and really the list goes on. Snake plays way too different from MK, so you'll see people probably pick up Marth before they'd pick up Snake.

Then again, it's hard to say where people are going to go with a character, when MK has a 42% utilization rate in the top 100 Brawl players, and Snake only has an 8% utilization rate. That's once you include secondaries.

probably would, but that's because he would have the best players, unless all MK mains pick up the same character(not going to happen + a lot will quit, and a lot will use snake <_<)
You really think a lot of MK player would quit? I read something about M2K saying he would quit smash if they banned MK. But some MK's have good backups like Sebrik and Lee Martin who are still playable in tournament level.

napZzz

Smash Hero
m2k wouldn't quit. He'd just switch to the best character on the list or go back to DDD. He'd have to get a job without smash and megaknight maybe

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake IS the 2nd best character in the game, it's the same in almost if not in all tiers in the world. Snake has 0 bad matchups, he just has annoying ones like Olimar and DDD.

Limeee

Smash Champion
when i said snake is overrated, i meant he's still 2nd, but not close to how good MK is.

and snake DOES have bad match ups.

nothing big however

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Bad MU means it is unwinnable, all matchups Snake has are winnable, they are at least close to even. They may be worse than that in some stages though, like MK in Brinstar.

-Ran

Smash Master
No, a bad match up means that you don't control the pace or the positioning of the match for the bulk of the time. I can assure you, Snake has bad match ups.

Limeee

Smash Champion
olimar, D3, MK, marth, diddy, pikachu, ness

most of those except the first two are very arguable

and just like MK, a "bad match up" is a very slight disadvantage for snake

olimar, D3, MK, marth, diddy, pikachu, ness

most of those except the first two are very arguable

and just like MK, a "bad match up" is a very slight disadvantage for snake
I disagree with D3 sure he is annoying but if you don't fall into an utilt when is he going to kill you. Marth is bad for our health as his juggling game is too good. Diddy has bananas, learn to use them on his level or better or you lose. I know Pika has a chain grab on us and thunder edge guarding but what else does he posses that endangers us. Ness and Olimar know in theory are bad but I haven't played any good ones to know the MU so I can't say.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
DDD is the worst for Snake, MK barely beats Snake. ZSS and Marth goes even with Snake imo. The rest loses to Snake, Olimar included.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Diddy has bananas, learn to use them on his level or better or you lose. I know Pika has a chain grab on us and thunder edge guarding but what else does he posses that endangers us.
Diddy's moveset works with the bananas, and Snake's moveset simply does not work too well with them. The only nice thing I noticed is that a D-throw on a banana forces them into a trip for a free regrab/tilt.

Pikachu also has pretty decent juggling. His thunder also makes getting knocked high very dangerous too. If Pikachu knocks you off stage, or into the air, expect to take a lot of damage.

edit: I would say Snake's match ups are even overall. He only really gets slight advantages or slight disadvantages in most match ups.

Diddy's moveset works with the bananas, and Snake's moveset simply does not work too well with them. The only nice thing I noticed is that a D-throw on a banana forces them into a trip for a free regrab/tilt.
maybe i misspoke but what i meant is you need to learn to use them well as throwing it offstage just puts one back in his control. i still disagree with DDD being bad and i think olimar is worse.

Top Bottom