• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
snake's worst MU's IMO

DDD 40:60
Olimar 40:60
Marth 40:60
MK 45:55
Wario 45:55
Falco 45:55
Pikachu 50:50
ZSS 50:50
Fox 50:50
IC's 50:50
Pit 55:45
GAW 55:45
Lucario 55:45
Sheik 55:45
Diddy 55:45
DK 55:45
Ike 55:45
Toon Link 55:45

quickly threw this together so it may not be an exact representation of my thoughts but it isn't trolling or deliberate exaggeration, I think snake is extremely overrated when people still compare him to MK and ****. he's a solid #2 for the game as it is now, but that's still second tier.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
G&W is 60/40 at least. We camp him hard, we have much easier time landing hits and we kill even earlier than him+ he gets ***** by Dthrow. And Marth isn't as bad as DDD is.

I still think MK needs his own tier, Snake goes even with many mid tiers (on some we go better than that) but MK instead just ***** them.

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't see how GAW gets camped particularly hard, stay in the air 90% of the time and grenades are nearly useless, if GAW spaces perfectly I'd go as far as to say that he controls the tempo of the game, not snake.

I think DDD is a bit harder for snake than marth is, but didn't want to go 65:35 and still wanted to note that I think marth is harder than MK or Wario, best I could do without making the numbers all silly like 57:43 or something lol

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
But how is he going to approach? If we get the lead he has to get close and fight against those Nades.

etecoon

Smash Hero
stay close but out of snake's range, everything snake does is laggy and his defense is porous, it's not hard to find openings against snake

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It is with G&W, Bair is easily SDIed and punished, and he can't avoid blowing Nades. G&W actually has trouble with Snake's range unlike other characters, he doesn't like to fight against disjoints. G&W's moveset is countered by Snake's. And no, Snake isn't slow on the ground.

etecoon

Smash Hero
when did I say anything about bair

lmao "can't avoid blowing nades", have you ever actually tested the hurtbox for snake holding a grenade? he's wide ****ing open

etecoon

Smash Hero
I actually like the snake vs D3 MU more than MK vs D3, I mean, if I want to win, I'm still going MK, but MK is boring as **** as it is and DDD being ridiculously one dimensional doesn't help

who watching the nintendo livestream today? zelda and metroid, probably the last time I will ever give a **** about nintendo as their stupidity this generation has completely alienated me from them, and yet I still care about these games lol

RATED

Smash Lord
who watching the nintendo livestream today? zelda and metroid, probably the last time I will ever give a **** about nintendo as their stupidity this generation has completely alienated me from them, and yet I still care about these games lol
the only game I care about nintendo right now is Golden Sun DS and Pokemon Black and White. I dislike newer Zelda games ( my fav was the one on gameboy color) and the one on GBA. Metroid other M it seems good I will give it a try but I hated those from Gamecube/ Wii metroid games. Starfox 64 was full of win and I never played the one in gamecube I would like to play it someday.

I would like get Epic Mickey when it comes.

Turazrok

Smash Master
the only game I care about nintendo right now is Golden Sun DS and Pokemon Black and White. I dislike newer Zelda games ( my fav was the one on gameboy color) and the one on GBA. Metroid other M it seems good I will give it a try but I hated those from Gamecube/ Wii metroid games. Starfox 64 was full of win and I never played the one in gamecube I would like to play it someday.

I would like get Epic Mickey when it comes.
The gamecube one was alright.

Golden sun da bess.

etecoon

Smash Hero
new zelda is

cel shaded, kind of a mix of WW and OoT, reminds me of like minish cap actually. not a fan of the style, WW is the only cel shaded zelda that I've liked, and I consider phantom hourglass to be the worst game in the series by a mile

has bad motion controls, you can tell watching the demonstration how inaccurate it is

metroid is the only hope for avoiding disappointment it seems

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
LMAO @ the whip. Pity CV64 had targeting but didn't have gewd whip control.

Somehow this year's Nintendo Conference feels more rewarding spiritually because I was a cyynic and lowered my expectations to new lows.
I'm happy I did this.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I lol'd so hard at "it changes it's movement depending on how you whip it out"

edit: new goldeneye trying to cash in on the originals greatness, SMFH, activision sucks and it annoys me that they are going to piss on rare's work

epic mickey actually looks pretty awesome o_O

so does kirby

Turazrok

Smash Master
new zelda is

cel shaded, kind of a mix of WW and OoT, reminds me of like minish cap actually. not a fan of the style, WW is the only cel shaded zelda that I've liked, and I consider phantom hourglass to be the worst game in the series by a mile

has bad motion controls, you can tell watching the demonstration how inaccurate it is

metroid is the only hope for avoiding disappointment it seems
I think spirit tracks was worse. No overworld?

etecoon

Smash Hero
spirit tracks is dragged down a lot by being touch screen only but otherwise I'd consider it a nearly infinitely better game than phantom hourglass. and dunno what you mean by no overworld o_O

metroid trailer didn't disappoint, yesssss, OUT IN AUGUST!?

Turazrok

Smash Master
spirit tracks is dragged down a lot by being touch screen only but otherwise I'd consider it a nearly infinitely better game than phantom hourglass. and dunno what you mean by no overworld o_O
Da train. Trains have set tracks that they have to follow. In every other zelda game, even with the boats, you could pick your own path as you please. Even though the system in PH was bad, it was still more open than a set pair of tracks.

etecoon

Smash Hero
PH didn't have a real overworld either, I didn't mind the tracks by comparison at all

also

DONKEY KONG ****ING COUNTRY

by retro

so hyped

wtf after zelda and the dance games this has been really good lmao

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's like 3D minish cap or kind of a cross of TP/WW, it's cel shaded but not as bright as WW/PH/ST

the people playing it couldn't get it to control properly at all it was a sad thing to watch

forced use of waggle to open doors, disgusting

edit: I started making a log

- zelda looks pretty disappointing. bad motion controls and minish cap style art, ugggg

- random dance and sports games

+ EPIC MICKEY!? surprisingly, this looks pretty awesome, very creative

- activision trying to cash in on rare's greatness with goldeneye, smh

+ I love the look of the new kirby, sakurai should do more platformer stuff and let someone else that doesn't do tripping and **** do the next smash <_<

+ metroid was solid, trailer was pretty standard for the series but AUGUST 31st!!!

+ DONKEY MOTHER ****ING KONG COUNTRY

- some boring 3ds stuff

+ kid icarus looks pretty awesome, I won't get a 3ds though so D:

+ DONKEY KONG ****ING COUNTRY

- boring 3ds stuff

? 3ds demonstration video is one of the most ridiculous cheesy things I have ever seen, I don't know how to feel

? nintendo attempts to bribe the gaming press with prostitutes?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Some games such as Starfox was leaked through the video.

LOL.

Kid Icarus's video looks cool. I hope 3DS has better graphics than the DSi/DSL.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
Golden Sun dark dawn was the highlight of nintendo's conference followed by DKC4 <3
that kid icarus game looked pretty good too
reports say that the 3ds looks like a ps2/gamecube with 3D which is A ok for me ><
star fox 64 is also coming to the 3ds but with much improved graphics and the like

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
3DS, is that the newest nintendo DS handheld system? :/ I typically don't play handheld games... except for Golden Sun. I've only played the first one and I want to transfer my stats to the second GS, which would require another GBA/DS right? Man, I wish I kept up with Golden Sun. I forgot what the story was about :/

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
For the 3DS, I'd be cool for a SSB64 remake that has Mewtwo, Marth, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Pit, Diddy, Ganondorf, Bowser, and Wario.
as well as 10 new stages.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
NO air dodge plz.

That would screw up 64.

Anyone else find it odd that Fox and Falco's free fall makes them look like they're skydiving, which is made Ironic by their fast falling speed?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
anyone else think that upsmash oos from a nade stance is a really good way to mix up and punish your opponent's agressiveness?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I've punished MKs with Usmash before. Probably not the brightest idea, but it can set up for flashy moves. Usmash base knocks them into the air, then they either get hit by the mortar or you read an air dodge and get a Uair/Bair. Unless they use an aerial that goes through it, then gg.

etecoon

Smash Hero
usmash gets beaten by a lot of things so I wouldn't use it to try and overpower an attack, but I've used usmash oos for a long time as part of my camp game

Top Bottom