• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
rage.

I've tried to time people out before as MK because I was sick of how everyone just camps against MK even when they're losing badly, there's kind of a "see how YOU like it, ****er" element there.

*sigh* I may just end up quitting smash eventually. All this *gay* talk stuff starts to get annoying after a long time. Maybe I'll just transition over to melee only instead and be done with brawl.

At the very least, I'll probably be hooked for another 2 years.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm too committed to smash to quit anytime soon. I've advanced this much this fast i don't wanna stop now. I'm aiming for splashes!:)

Lol etecoon. Your metaknight. You know how easy it is to get in?xD

etecoon

Smash Hero
Lol etecoon. Your metaknight. You know how easy it is to get in?xD
Not against Diddy :/ I only beat one Diddy with MK my entire time playing Brawl that I remember and it was a fluke win, Diddy was his third character lmfao. All of my wins against Diddy players were with Snake

This is incorrect anyway, there are a few amazing aggro MK's but defensive MK was consistently the more prominent playstyle and was also more of a factor in getting him banned.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
*sigh* I hate when people want to just quit for melee, the game has been out for 10 years, I assure u it will get gayer playing people who have been playing for at least for 4+ years when brawl has barley reached 3+, I don't think it matters how much you practiced your wave landings,wave dashes, or cool shine combos if you plan to main fox,etc when the meta game has been out for 10 years :p

If brawl is aggravating for you as a snake main it will be more when you play some one who can beat your *** with pichu.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Not against Diddy :/ I only beat one Diddy with MK my entire time playing Brawl that I remember and it was a fluke win, Diddy was his third character lmfao. All of my wins against Diddy players were with Snake

This is incorrect anyway, there are a few amazing aggro MK's but defensive MK was consistently the more prominent playstyle and was also more of a factor in getting him banned.
Anti. Goes in. On diddy. All. The. Time. xD

Yes, but you aren't gimping yourself by playing aggro with mk unlike many MANY characters in the cast.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Dunno. I've thought about quitting a few times nOw, only when really gay stuff happens. Namely timeouts.

I justify it and say that it was my fault for losing the lead, but at the same time, it often seems unfair that the opponent can regain the lead once lost, but I cannot.

The I thought about maining mk. Then I realised I'd quit before maining him.

It's just how brawl is, I suppose. A few select people using a few select characters bring out the worst in the game, and force you to do the same if you want to win.

I'll keep this in mind in the future.

:phone:

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol ya i'm kind of unique in the fact that i enjoy brawl even when ppl play like that. I remember my set with masky a couple months back was 20 minutesish but that was one of the most fun sets i had had in a while.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
to an extent, yes. if we both have projectiles, i enjoy it, too.

but if they dont have the percent lead, and they still dont have any interest in approaching, i think its pretty stupid.

espc considering how hard we work to deal percent, but then just get comboed off one mistake and lose everything.

sad.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Preach Attila ! :) Every time I play snake it feels like I have to mentally bring out a protractor and do all these mental gymnastics to calculate how to lay out traps and deal so little damage, and then all the opponent has to do is be patient and just watch out for just TWO MOVES, wait for the opening for the combo or the gimp. I really think I could pick up ANY char in the game and be successful with them after a year of maining snake. With snake I have to be always 5 steps ahead of my opponent. With any other char I can.........well move and jump and do normal stuff the chars do like combo. :glare:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Do you guys not have a tournament results thread?

I'm posting stuff for scrub friend till he makes an account.

Well, just went to a real tourney, so he'll def improve.

You will soon know him as

Tawko

:phone:

I did the same with Metal Gear. Although, I have sort of lost the will to want to play the series anymore. MGS3 is probably the best of the series and really the only one you need to play.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
*sigh* I hate when people want to just quit for melee, the game has been out for 10 years, I assure u it will get gayer playing people who have been playing for at least for 4+ years when brawl has barley reached 3+, I don't think it matters how much you practiced your wave landings,wave dashes, or cool shine combos if you plan to main fox,etc when the meta game has been out for 10 years :p
I dont see how getting beat legitly by someone better than you is "gayer" than someone doing stupid **** to you for 8 minutes and winning.

Most are college.
I would also say more people out of college than in highschool.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
20 in a few days.

I was in college (did dual high school and college credit to finish highschool). I was about 1/2 of the way through college when I lost all drive to do well. Gave up for a while cause I had other concerns like money, and trying to figure out why I wanted to stay alive rather than just die.

Heh. I'll go back to college eventually. Money is a bigger worry of mine in this economy though.

Yeah, college student.

Top Bottom