• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Anyone really...teams comes down to the players moreso than the combination as far as snake is concerned...

Pit and wario are my personal favorites.

OH and diddy.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
depends how you play. snake loves characters who can help him recover, and who support dealing damage to opponents quickly. to this end, wario and gw make excellent partners. they also are fantastic at avoiding your explosive game.

snake and diddy is also solid, although it plays a little awkwardly. lots of items going everywhere, and diddy often needs support when recovering, which we're reluctant to give. he also doesnt help us when we're getting juggled very well.

otherwise anyone who you're comfortable with. provided theyre 'getting in' and youre alright to camp and wait for kos, anything can work. i suppose youd be better off avoiding lighter team mates, since theyll be dying to your camp too, but thats pretty much the only restriction on it.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just so yall know, keep a lookout for Bonds.

Up and coming KS Snake player with the jankiest setup game of all time. The rate he's going, give him two months and he'll be a regional threat (and probably better than me). If Vinnie namesearches this, he could probably vouch I'm not just trying to overhype my local guy because he got that Bonds experience all weekend.

Don't buy into the post count and no avatar stuff because he's pretty good :) :) :)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Suuup Snake users?

At the moment the King Dedede boards are going through their matchups, and we're now up to Snake.

If any of you have Dedede experience (Or even if you don't, you're welcome to, uh, theorycraft... I guess. :p), we'd love you to discuss your thoughts and express your opinions on the matchup with us.

Link (for the lazy): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319623

Bonds

Smash Journeyman
^ I want to but I'm unsure if I can or not. I won't even be 17 yet so my folks would have to approve, and I need to improve enough so that my presence is worth the gas and stuff. I think I'll be able to at this rate though.

@ Phil quit overhyping me! My only kills on vinnie were random fair kills I think >_> wish he could stay longer though

I'd say try comparing it to like taking a trip out some place for the weekend every once in a while. For example, you might go and spend around 5-10 dollars for a movie ticket and maybe around 20 or something for popcorn/drinks/etc. Not to mention the cost for driving out there.

Well, if you bring a full set-up to a tournament, you typically waver the venue fee and you could pretty much play the whole time for free after that. Which for most tournaments I wager is like 6 hours. And the only thing you were doing is paying for gas which would like paying for the movies and having a good time.

However, you can cost justify your interest.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Is he going to Vengeance by any chance DeLux? =D
At the rate he improves, he's going to win Vengeance

He killed both Vinnfree and Freeno with a single Fair this weekend. Replay was saved. Not even kidding >_>

Jrugs

Smash Ace
That was a **** chain jacet set up by dcold. But that zelda switch was lil bit predictable :( I know false was in the 200's and sheik cant kill, but we all know sheiks wanna turn into zelda for that quick usmash kill) But false was prepared for that, he had nothing to loose. All together good **** on both sides.

Mike2

Smash Ace
I think getting to 200+ damage was the best thing to happen to you. lol It seemed like he was just going for kills after that, which helped you get so much damage.

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
What is the best controller configuration for a WiiMote + Nunchuck Snake?

I am having a lot of trouble DACUS'ing, Wavedashing, and Foxtrotting. :(

Attila_

BRoomer
too many oos aerials imo. it got predictable after a while, and a number of his juggles started from here. same as landing with an aerial on his sheild. almost never worked, and you got punished for it.

he caught onto your dash attack appraoches pretty quick, so he'd just hold shield when you ran at him. boost grab that shizz.

Wave-bouncing does not require anything more than your special button and control stick. Tilt the control stick in one direction, let it return to neutral and press the special button. Then after pressing the B button move the control stick in the other direction. That's it.

You have a very narrow timing to do all of this in though. I believe you have about 5 frames after tilting the control stick to return to neutral and hit the special button. Then another 5 frames to move the control stick the other direction.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Damn. I'm sorry to hear that man. Not as bad as a broken hand, but I just went through a bout with really bad tendonitis on one hand and trigger finger on the other which didn't allow me to play smash for a while. So I might know kind of how you feel.

:phone:

I am surprised no one has asked how it got broken. So, I ask, how did it get broken?
Well, recover quickly and maybe learn to play with one hand ;P

FD96

Smash Cadet
How good is snake's roll? I have been told that rolling is never a good idea with pretty much any character, but when I watch pros they roll to get out of pressure pretty often. So, I am unsure if that is just bad habits they have or if it is good. And if it is just a bad habit what is a way to get out of immediate pressure reliably?

I cannot understand what your selling False. Roll away is difficult to punish unless you are predictable or have a habit of it in repeatable situations. And advertising rolling behind (cross-up) someone? That's what you should typically be getting punished for. But, it should not be avoided.

As other characters, I would say shielding is good with snake at high percents. But, I dunno. Grab leads to being put in the air offstage which snake hates being in.

Anyway, @FD96: never get into the idea that you should never roll. Simply avoid excessive. Options like dash away or walk away can be as safe as rolling, but gives you immediate time to punish to whiffs or approaches.

Attila_

BRoomer
Dunno.

It's pretty character specific. Good against characters you struggle to cover forward and backward options well (like snake or zss).

:phone:

Top Bottom