• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

I'm going to say that the game without approaches is pointless. If you continually keep avoiding to approach or at least commit to an attack, then you are eventually giving up space. You give up so much space you corner yourself at the ledge and no longer have any place to retreat too, then you are forced to do something.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
yep that def sounds like the wario mu, just add waft and grab releases and that's about accurate.

FRiSKruns

Smash Ace
Premium
Wario has approach options, they're just all like Sonics.

90% of them are feints, 10% of them suck and still work because you've been conditioned to expect the 90% that are feints. Getting Nair->Fsmash/grabbed or Uair->Tech Chased after whiffing an utilt/pivot grab is bad.

Personally, I'd say it's even, if not slightly in Wario's favor just because Waft makes your weight irrelevant, but hey, you don't have to take it from me, I'm just a Sonic who happens to have a Snake on the side.

I realized that its due to the lack of activity here and the falco boards that I migrated to playing melee more in the recent months. The lack of brawl connections make me want to play it less these days.

Jage

Smash Rookie
NNID
JageJH
There's a skype group? No wonder it's so dead here.
Also, hi. I'm a scrub from Finland.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No. It was one person who suggested it to be stickied, not a completely new thread with a whole bunch of people rallying around for it to be numero uno topic.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Didn't really think it could be interpreted that way somehow lol. Only really mentioned that someone(Which after looking back was me apparently lol) suggested that some thread should've been stickied. :p

To me, the video thread could get combined with the critique thread. The match-up index could get regulated to a link in the general directory.

The purpose of stickies is generally to get announcements made for a particular sub-forum. So, I think its perfectly legit. Oh, and bring back your Aerodactyl avatar. (IP search me)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
To me, the video thread could get combined with the critique thread. The match-up index could get regulated to a link in the general directory.

The purpose of stickies is generally to get announcements made for a particular sub-forum. So, I think its perfectly legit. Oh, and bring back your Aerodactyl avatar. (IP search me)
I suggested the video thread and the critique thread being combined, but the general response was "the critique thread is different from this thread", when it reality it's not.

w/e tho, lol.

Also I thought it was you. I could tell because of the avatar.

Hard to say. The fact that he was asked to be placed in melee and was added in brawl even years later along with the release of Snake Eater on the 3DS makes me think a good possibility of being on the new one.

On the other hand, the franchise of the game no longer has Snake. Its predominated by Ryker instead on the newest generations. So, in this sense, he might not make it back on there and I could possibly see another reason against his return as well. With a new smash game coming out, they would like to bring in new content I imagine, so having the opportunity to reduce cast in place of other characters would be great. For example, Snake, Sonic, and a couple of the Pokemon are more of special appearance I would say. Oh, look. The cast got reduced to almost thirty if we take out pokemon trainer, lucario, sonic, and snake.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I won a tourney over the weekend. Went MK though (picked him up recently so I've been working on him) till winner's finals where I lost a close 5 game set to a wario and then came back and beat him in two sets with my snake. 3 best of 5 sets against a campy wario is such a pain. My sets with him lasted over an hour and a half. I was dead after that.

Anyways, there's a huge tourney coming up in UT with a $150 guaranteed pot bonus that will move up to $250 once 32 people have preregistered (which should happen easily). And this is for both melee and brawl, so they're donating $500 to the pot in total. M2K is flying out and it looks like there will be other OoS support as well. It should be a way hype tourney. It's May 11-12, if anyone's interested, check out the link: http://www.saltfest.org/

It would be sweet to see some other snake mains come out for it :)

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
No they weren't, unfortunately. It was on my wii, so I could have saved them but I just didn't think about it during the set. Maybe I'll try and save some matches if I can make it to the tourney this weekend.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Good work ken. Keep at it.

We've got a major on the 17-19th of may, which I'm intending to win. But I'm a falco main now...

Best Snake Main in Oz land?

Besides, no snake is mightier than the animals that live in Australia.

Platypus, the most majestic of all creatures.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
those things ****ing terrify me

dude

they like, have some stupidly strong poison or something.

I dunno, I've only seen one in the wild before. :3

Also is that Cherche?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Live stream for anyone that wants it. Big Utah tournament going on right now. Teams are finishing up then we'll have top eight brawl singles then top 8 melee singles. FOW and Z are here along with other Vegas/OoS players. I'm in winners semis singles right now and still in winners bracket for teams

Www.twitch.tv/aisight

Ken+Yaz vs Gebar+Z going on right now. Long tourney holy (())
Are you the cap, glasses, mexican, or neutral looking guy?

And, that sucks to lose a 2v1 situation :(

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Yeah, I feel like we could have taken it. Yaz was getting tired, and he wasnt playing as well as earlier in the day. We had it that third match for sure, until Yaz killed himself at 9% or whatever. No johns though, I'm happy with how i did. 4th in singles and 3rd in teams.

I was the neutral looking guy in the gray shirt, Yaz was the japican you mentioned.

Oh, it was hard to tell what the guy on the end of the stream looked like.

Your 2v1 situation in that match got me wondering... You seemed really reluctant to do anything at super high percents. Spending a lot of time in shield and avoiding Pikachu. In that sense, it was more a 1v1. I wonder what the person with the higher percent should do in that situation.

I kept expecting you were trying to DI into the ledge to wall jump off Bair. That would have been perfect during the wolf taunt. But, sadly it didn't happen.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
doubting my snake cost me a major. damn overconfident falco.

those things ****ing terrify me

dude

they like, have some stupidly strong poison or something.

I dunno, I've only seen one in the wild before. :3

Also is that Cherche?
yep, poison strong enough to kill humans. damn animals make no sense.

Top Bottom