• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
i hope the no tripping hack is on....i cannot tell you how many times i have been K.O'ed because of tripping right infront of a fully charged fsmash lol

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
yo raven i left my blue AE hoodie at the venue, are they holding it behind the counter? It'd help a lot if you could find someone who's going to gigs from that area and have them bring it thhankkss

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
hey guys i need help with something
I think my wii laser broke
because it wont read any of my wii discs ( except call of duty for some reason ) but it reads my gamecube discs ( melee gets frozen after a while though )

I also bought this lense cleaner....but it was no help whatsoever...
advice?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ill money match everybody but neil :3...**** ledge camping just right up the *** no lube!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
You should allow more stages to be played just to test things out. Trial and Error. Counterpicking stages is almost non existent with so many stages banned.
And Yoshi Island brawl isn't in starter stage list!? Are the Shy Guys that hazardous? lol

We need more diveristy. Read my sig.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
lets do it riddle! :3 then after you beat me cuase of matchup experience we can do some friendlies and then another mm :p

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Champ, the CP stages are proven to be gay. They had their testing period before you got into brawl. And for YI, it isn't the shy guys, its the whimsical support ghost. It comes at random intervals with no pattern on which side it goes and can kill somebody or keep them alive.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Champ, the CP stages are proven to be gay. They had their testing period before you got into brawl. And for YI, it isn't the shy guys, its the whimsical support ghost. It comes at random intervals with no pattern on which side it goes and can kill somebody or keep them alive.
There was those clouds on Yoshi Island in SSBM, that could save you randomly. Yet that was a starter stage. From what I've seen from other states, they have Yoshi Island Brawl as a starter. Seems like some top players and/or TO's are going ban happy and banning all the stages they aren't good on with their selective mains. To get better rankings in their tournaments they attend. It's a conspiracy!

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Calbr, it's important to have stage diversity but when dealing with neutrals the only real stages with no unknown factors involved are BF, FD, and SV. Yah there's Lylat but the tilt messes with recovery and you don't really pay attention to it so much during the match. So you can call it an unknown factor...sort of. YI is good but that ghost can come out of nowhere and save you a stock. You could always CP it though :p

I'm up for MMs.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There was those clouds on Yoshi Island in SSBM, that could save you randomly. Yet that was a starter stage. From what I've seen from other states, they have Yoshi Island Brawl as a starter. Seems like some top players and/or TO's are going ban happy and banning all the stages they aren't good on with their selective mains. To get better rankings in their tournaments they attend. It's a conspiracy!
The cloud was 100% timed, it wasn't random like whimsy (the support ghost) is. Also, Florida realizes how bad some levels are for competitive play so we ban them before the rest of the country does.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Calbr, it's important to have stage diversity but when dealing with neutrals the only real stages with no unknown factors involved are BF, FD, and SV. Yah there's Lylat but the tilt messes with recovery and you don't really pay attention to it so much during the match. So you can call it an unknown factor...sort of. YI is good but that ghost can come out of nowhere and save you a stock. You could always CP it though :p

I'm up for MMs.
3 stages are too limited. The ghosts are not game changing, they are just platforms that pop up. Makes me worry about people banning so much stuff in this game that its getting really ridiculous. Now they are even talking about banning MK again and more stages. It seriously makes this game so much more boring.

The cloud was 100% timed, it wasn't random like whimsy (the support ghost) is. Also, Florida realizes how bad some levels are for competitive play so we ban them before the rest of the country does.
Yeah it was, however random platforms aren't a good enough reason to take it out of Starter, the lip of FD gimps some recovers, but even that isn't a good enough reason to take it out of starter. The effect of support ghosts is so little, it shouldnt even go to counter pick, it should be a starter.
I noticed how some players in FL camp purposely and play gay the entire match if they don't like a certain stage. Well, you can do that on starter stages too. Like what Danny's Pit did to Afro Thundah's Snake on starter stages, just ledge camped the entire game. And how Red Halberd MK camped G money Wario on Norfair just because Red Halberd hates that stage and wants it to be banned. Same reason why Nick Riddle plays gay on Luigi Mansion, cause he hates the stage. It's the people not the stages. I'm just saying FL is getting overly ban happy when it isn't necessary.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The thing is, if people can flawlessly play gay on the CPs, why are they CPs if they have such an amazing advantage that you can't even touch them? Yes, the point of COUNTERPICK stages is to have an advantage, but not make it unwinnable for your opponent

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The thing is, if people can flawlessly play gay on the CPs, why are they CPs if they have such an amazing advantage that you can't even touch them? Yes, the point of COUNTERPICK stages is to have an advantage, but not make it unwinnable for your opponent
Nothing is that extreme to make certain stages unwinnable. There are some advantageous stages that makes the matches harder, which is why stage striking a stage or 2 stages (depending on the rules) takes away your opponents possible best stage choice. Which is why most TO's made rules to stage strike 1 or 2 stages making it much more fair. If it wasn't for the stage striking rules, then you would have a point.

Everyone likes more options, but when you ban so many things it makes the game less fun. I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if they decided to ban Pikachu's chain grab, that has a dramatic effect on the gameplay. I personally wouldn't want anyone to ban Pikachu's chain grab, cause it's part of the game. The game feels less fun for me and a few others when people ban so many stages, cause counter picking stages is part of this game. (Except for the obviously hazardous stages)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i say keep gigabits stage rules. its perfect. and allow jungle japes for falco. force people to waste their ban on it. this game is unbalanced and we know it. but let the layer beat the unbalance o.o

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Same reason why Nick Riddle plays gay on Luigi Mansion, cause he hates the stage.
Are you kidding? I love being able to not do anything and win! I just think it's stupid that it's possible... But if it is, I'm exploiting the hell out of it.

Coffee™

I need it....
Yeah it was, however random platforms aren't a good enough reason to take it out of Starter, the lip of FD gimps some recovers, but even that isn't a good enough reason to take it out of starter. The effect of support ghosts is so little, it shouldnt even go to counter pick, it should be a starter.
The purpose of starter stages are to give players "equal ground" upon which they can play their initial game, on a stage doesn't drastically affect gameplay. Yoshi's Island has a bunch of factors that affect gameplay and I don't specifically mean only the support ghost. As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be a starter stage period, neither should Lylat for pratically obvious reasons.

I noticed how some players in FL camp purposely and play gay the entire match if they don't like a certain stage. Well, you can do that on starter stages too. Like what Danny's Pit did to Afro Thundah's Snake on starter stages, just ledge camped the entire game.
I don't see how this has anything to do with starter stages or likes or dislikes. Pit can ledgecamp Snake on any stage that has an edge, wheter its a CP or a starter stage so this point is moot.

i say keep gigabits stage rules. its perfect. and allow jungle japes for falco. force people to waste their ban on it. this game is unbalanced and we know it. but let the layer beat the unbalance o.o
All gigabits does is run the SBR recommended ruleset iirc and thats far from perfect

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I agree, I like the Gigabits ruleset better. There's more stages to choose from.
Are you kidding? I love being able to not do anything and win! I just think it's stupid that it's possible... But if it is, I'm exploiting the hell out of it.
lol. True, that's the mindset to winning. I'm just saying its the playstyle of the person, not so much the stage.

Top Bottom