• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R@vYn's monthlies at Play' N ' Trade Ft.Lauderdale (Cancelled)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
The purpose of starter stages are to give players "equal ground" upon which they can play their initial game, on a stage doesn't drastically affect gameplay. Yoshi's Island has a bunch of factors that affect gameplay and I don't specifically mean only the support ghost. As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be a starter stage period, neither should Lylat for pratically obvious reasons.

There is no such thing as equal ground. Diddy becomes a better character on starter stages because Diddy can actually use banana tricks. Pit can arrow spam because there is no cover. It has to be something kind of drastic to move Yoshi Island brawl into a CP stage, which that stage isn't drastic enough to be moved into CP. It has to be something drastic to move a stage into the CP list, and it has to be something very drastic for a stage to become banned. If it's such a minor thing it doesn't deserve to be a CP. The lip of FD is more drastic than YI, since it can actually gimp some recoveries. Yet, both the stages should be starters.

I don't see how this has anything to do with starter stages or likes or dislikes. Pit can ledgecamp Snake on any stage that has an edge, wheter its a CP or a starter stage so this point is moot.

I'm just saying, its the person's playstyle, not so much the stage's fault. People then ban the stages that are viable or move them to CP just because they had a bad experience on that stage from a person playing extremely gay that match.

All gigabits does is run the SBR recommended ruleset iirc and thats far from perfect
It seems more fair at Gigs, because you have more options, plus your opponent can always stage strike a stage. We need more stages available because certain people have so much experience on a starter stages, and you want to bring them to your stage to try to make them adapt all over again. Also, the stages are so limited at this tournament that you have no other choice but to pick a starter stage again for your counterpick.

That's basically the whole point that I wanted to mention.

EDIT: Nice! I got an infraction from R@vyn... -_-

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'll MM all yoshi's here. Also, all pits, snakes, DDDs, MK, and basically anything with my pika. Bring it!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'll MM all yoshi's here. Also, all pits, snakes, DDDs, MK, and basically anything with my pika. Bring it!
lol. I love how you play your Pikachu, although I know I'd lose if I MM you. *_*

I heard Yoshi sucks. Wouldnt mind MM a Yoshi. lol jk.

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Esam
ill MM you if i still have money leftover that is XD
oh and what do you say to friendly pika mirrors?
i used to main pikachu when the game first came out ( alongside yoshi ) and im starting to pick him up again :]

Shaky

Smash Ace
I'll go if I find a ride. : )

Anyone going from Palm Beach County?

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
looks like a lot of people are going to this
well this is going to make getting 13th place or better even harder to do :]
YOSHI :D
( i might just go link or pikachu for singles.... )

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
No! Don't do it, Juan! D:

And... 13th? That's a bit low. o_O
well ill use yoshi or pit in doubles
but for some reason i keep losing with yoshi in singles
and yes 13th... thats my best ranking out of the two irl tournaments ive been to

and ill think about using yoshi...depends how i do in friendlies with him

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
That's a bit disappointing, Juan... but it is your choice. =(
now ur making me feel bad about myself
what i would do though is start out with yoshi for the first game in the set then if i lose to switch to someone with a better matchup
but thats how i lost my two tournaments
first tourney : yoshi v marth, got close to beating marth then i switched to ike for some stupid reason and lost
second tourney: yoshi v MK, got practically one smash away to a win then i switched to snake....and got three stocked lol

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
Have faith in your main , dont run to snake D: .
lol thats what izzy kept telling me
but the weird thing was that i three stocked a meta knight ( with snake ) that was almost as good as the one i faced in the tournament in a friendly right before it...
i guess i do bad under pressure lol

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
lol thats what izzy kept telling me
but the weird thing was that i three stocked a meta knight ( with snake ) that was almost as good as the one i faced in the tournament in a friendly right before it...
i guess i do bad under pressure lol

lol , im the same way.
I wreck in friendlies , but I fall apart when it counts :(

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yes masky we are 100% teaming i am definitely coming to this. Also, nvm then MnM i don't like fighting diddy. Friendlies there cuz i need the Matchup exp.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Yes masky we are 100% teaming i am definitely coming to this. Also, nvm then MnM i don't like fighting diddy. Friendlies there cuz i need the Matchup exp.
argh :p!!! i wanted to fight ya esam man.

=P i cant wait for this.

Top Bottom