• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radford Tournament thread | testing

well im asking your general region but your awesome too :(
Earlier today I made a comment on tournament video recording in the Melee Apex video thread and you were part of the discussion, so I thought you were asking me to go there. This area is like an 8 hour drive from Saffron and we don't even have any good players here. :(

true :( i just like to encourage people to travel XD
My home is halfway to Saffron from where I am right now. I would be much more able to go during college breaks. A few others in this university and Virginia Tech live in Northern Virginia as well.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You need to start training up a Radford crew. Then go to Shell Shocked tournaments, lol.

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to ME for winning the ACM tournament :)
it was on hold for like 2 hours....then i leave for ten minute and u call me and I'm like, I'll be ther ein 5min then when i get there u guys just kick me out of the bracket and go straight to finals??? QQQQQQQQQQQQQ....QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Mahone

Smash Champion
uhhh, i feel like roger is not in the best mood, just chill out dude, you don't have to host or anything, just do what you have fun doing and don't worry about all the other stuff.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I got the go ahead to hold tournaments in the basement of my dorm Bolling Hall (with the cash entry/pot and everything), so I'm gonna start running the radford tournaments.

Location-wise, this will seriously be a step up from the previous room used in stuart hall for a number of reasons.

• The room is huge, we could easily get 50+ people in there comfortably (if it ever gets that large)
  • There are 6 double-outlets spread throughout the room (and 3 more in a side room if needed) with enough space for breathing/spectating room between them.
  • There is a good-sized parking lot close to the dorm that is free game during the weekend
  • There are PLENTY of tables and padded chairs for us to use.
  • and since this is a basement, it stays relatively cool.

I'll create a new thread soon (hopefully tomorrow) and let you guys know when that is up. The plan right now is for the next tournament to be held on October 2nd and on the first weekend of the following months.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Ok guys, I got the go ahead to hold tournaments in the basement of my dorm Bolling Hall (with the cash entry/pot and everything), so I'm gonna start running the radford tournaments.

Location-wise, this will seriously be a step up from the previous room used in stuart hall for a number of reasons.

• The room is huge, we could easily get 50+ people in there comfortably (if it ever gets that large)
  • There are 6 double-outlets spread throughout the room (and 3 more in a side room if needed) with enough space for breathing/spectating room between them.
  • There is a good-sized parking lot close to the dorm that is free game during the weekend
  • There are PLENTY of tables and padded chairs for us to use.
  • and since this is a basement, it stays relatively cool.

I'll create a new thread soon (hopefully tomorrow) and let you guys know when that is up. The plan right now is for the next tournament to be held on October 2nd and on the first weekend of the following months.

****, we love you Clint!!! Let me help you run these. =)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I'll get that thread up sometime today. I just gotta get some stuff in order first (directions, rules, payout, map, schedule, etc.)

I'd love to see you and others from NC make it man. That'd be too goods.

Also, I'm in the basement now checking out some of the stuff and counting things up.
We have 7 tables and even a little coffee table we can use for setups if need be and a TV that could be used already in a corner. I counted 23 chairs (all with padded seats) and two couches as far as seating goes.

back to organizing this stuff. Oh and hey I'm 22 as of an hour and 41 minutes ago. yaaaaaayy.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Happy Bday man!!!! I really enjoyed the trip with you and you are one of the coolest smashers i know, except at 3am when you go crazy....

Top Bottom