• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Radford Tournament thread | testing

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
right now with my school schedule im free from 1-3 on mondays and wednesdays;
then on thursdays i have a gap from 12:15 until 2 if anyone wants to play next week

you should learn me some peach
Float, dmsash, dash attack, turnips.

Edgeguard with bair, float very far off stage to edge guard with bair

If Fox/Falco/Faclon recovers to the edge from below, dsmash and stand so that only the tip of the dsmash hits the edge so you don't trade hits

Approach with
short hop turnip float fair/nair
dash attack
float fair turnip
float bair (use more rarely than the previous 3)

When dsmashed a Fox/Falco/Falcon and they miss a tech right next to you, jab rest grab chain throw if Falco/Falcon is at 35+% or Fox if he's at 40+%. Falco/Falcon chain throw lasts until ~80%, Fox lasts until ~120%

bthrow to gimp players near the edge

use fthrow at 100+% when you're near the edge so you can possibly kill them, don't pummel, fthrow as fast as you can. at 150+% ALWAYS fthrow

trade hits by crouch canceling. Cc dtilt to set up nasty comboes or if that's too slow cc dsmash to escape comboes

When Captain Falcon dthrows you, DI away with 30 degrees downward. When he gets close, up B or nair to avoid the Knee. For Sheik's dthrow, DI away and try to nair. at ~20 to ~100%, if they miss the timing by a little bit, they will get hit by the nair if you're (near) perfect

When Fox uthrows you to try and uair, DI behind him and try to bair him with the C stick

Stuff I know

Bones0

Smash Legend
Float, dmsash, dash attack, turnips.

Edgeguard with bair, float very far off stage to edge guard with bair

If Fox/Falco/Faclon recovers to the edge from below, dsmash and stand so that only the tip of the dsmash hits the edge so you don't trade hits

Approach with
short hop turnip float fair/nair
dash attack
float fair turnip
float bair (use more rarely than the previous 3)

When dsmashed a Fox/Falco/Falcon and they miss a tech right next to you, jab rest grab chain throw if Falco/Falcon is at 35+% or Fox if he's at 40+%. Falco/Falcon chain throw lasts until ~80%, Fox lasts until ~120%

bthrow to gimp players near the edge

use fthrow at 100+% when you're near the edge so you can possibly kill them, don't pummel, fthrow as fast as you can. at 150+% ALWAYS fthrow

trade hits by crouch canceling. Cc dtilt to set up nasty comboes or if that's too slow cc dsmash to escape comboes

When Captain Falcon dthrows you, DI away with 30 degrees downward. When he gets close, up B or nair to avoid the Knee. For Sheik's dthrow, DI away and try to nair. at ~20 to ~100%, if they miss the timing by a little bit, they will get hit by the nair if you're (near) perfect

When Fox uthrows you to try and uair, DI behind him and try to bair him with the C stick

Stuff I know
Or just camp platforms and spam dsmash. I fall for it every time... >_>

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone wanna play some tomorrow? There is some on campus jank goin down all day tomorrow, I'll be there for a while with Duhrdy and another guy.... so if anyone wants to play tell me here or txt duhrdy or something

I'll be at Radford tomorrow and everything should be unpacked at ~3pm. I dorm in Moffett now (312, I think? I'll recheck...) Call me if you're up for Melee.

703-963-2739

Met

Smash Ace
Would this only include the players from your part of the region? If not you gotta throw some of us eastern SoVa players. Especially Ether.

'sup gaiz. :)
Don't think I forgot about you guys but we were trying to do a vid to get some more interest in this area. when we gonna crew mm?

rhan

Smash Hero
We can probably come down to one of these when they start up. Just let us know.

We can probably come down to one of these when they start up. Just let us know.
I just got at my dorm and unpacked everything. So far I've seen one pretty good lounge to hold tournaments at. I have 2 full setups for Melee right now if I include the TV in the lunge. My Dorm is called Moffett (room W312).

Edit: I just now checked every crt tv in the dorm and none of them have the yellow composite cable inputs, only cable, so FACE, I'll need you to bring your GameCube Cable cord.

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
the only place in Moffet that i know is the ROTC office, but I'll yell at duhrdy and see if he wants to play and jank and I'll call u and stuff

rhan

Smash Hero
I just got at my dorm and unpacked everything. So far I've seen one pretty good lounge to hold tournaments at. I have 2 full setups for Melee right now if I include the TV in the lunge. My Dorm is called Moffett (room W312).
So legit! Agh... This month's schedule for me sucks *** though... I work every weekend. :(

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
I only have one class MWF, so I should be free to play on those days for at least a while (And on Sunday ofc for the weeklies :D)

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
I've got a 2hour gap from 1-3 on monday if u guys wanna do something

just got an email.... i have a 4hour gap from 1-5 O.o derp

Duhrdy

Smash Apprentice
We should make it five bucks, I'm running low on gas money. :laugh:

And I'm down for manly love any time.

(540) 320-3506 is my number in case any of you don't already have it.

Uncledirtnap

Smash Apprentice
so just to be cleear, Ep wont be hosting a tourny this weekend

if anyone wants to play today (I'll be on campus for club thingy around 3) or tomorrow call me

540 577 6763

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Top Bottom