• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok Mafia - Game over!

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
JTB, the reason I had voted kill was because I found kill to be scimitar than both of them. I had thought that I was voting kill at the time, until I saw the vote count.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
CELEBRITY VOTECOUNT 2 :cool::cool:
"You all seem distracted, did you forget about my lovely assistant, Pizzabagels? I, th3kuzinator, LOOOOOVE Pizzabagels! <3<3<3"

Vote Count
Killstic[2]: T-block, Seikend
Raziek[1]: J
Seikend[2]: Ryker, Gova
Soupamario[6]: JO_OEY, Raziek, Dabuz, Killstick, JTB, Dark Horse

Not Voting: Armor

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!
Deadline is set for Monday, 8/17 at 11:59 PM EST.​

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Seikend is town.
Killistic is town.
Dabuz is town.
DH is town.
JO_OEY is town.
Ryker is town.
Gova is town.
T-block is town.

J is null-leaning town.
Raziek is null-leaning scum.

Armor is scum.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I ended up calling in to work today due to a round of insomnia.

How Soup can have 8 Town reads I'm not exactly sure, but I'm feeling a lynch on either him or Killstic.

T-block

B2B TST
T-Block how serious is the list you made in #381? To clarify, my impression of scum lists are that they are supposed to stratify players and show a serious intent to lynch the people listed as scum. For someone putting down the accusation of creating backdoors, I think that listing an inactive as a scum read is a cop-out move. Especially when you preface it with "lol," as if the read isn't serious. Another note of interest in this read is how you put Raziek right in the body of that scum to town read. The placement seems convenient for you to turn to when necessary, but is far enough from calling out Raziek scum and getting into a possible conflict wrt today's lynch.

This paragraph ends with the largest let-down I have ever seen. So within your scum list for today is me, JTB, and Ryker who is inactive. When I flip town on your mislynch then that means JTB is going to be "better off" which leaves the inactive Ryker who you can push up to null if you're getting roasted. First of all, I'm not sure how a town flip really substantiates another person as town. I do understand a scum flip resulting in large indicators, but taking such a huge stock in the vice versa relationship is questionable given the nature of scum to attempt to buddy and win favors by defending others. The fact that your JTB fos is so reliant on a scum flip from me indicates that you only have me as your primary fos and everyone else on your scum list is padding.

Argument of omission sounds like a reach to establish a connection between me and JTB and what you are using as the written indicator that there is a connection between the two of us is this post:

I don't even know.
I still think the connection between you and JTB is valid if you flip scum. Ignoring a scum player's posts is a scumtell, and I've "caught" (died before I could get him lynched) scum like that before.

In any case, the difference here is that I'm pushing my scumread. It's clear I want Killstic lynched, and I've made it clear I think they are scum.

What are you doing? With your Seikend read, you're saying "he's not that scummy to me, but i'm okay with lynching him". With your DH read, you're saying "he's my top scum read, but i'm okay with lynching seikend even though he's not that scummy to me". I'm not being hypocritical - there's a clear difference between our scumhunting approaches.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@JTB

No thanks.

Can you remind me of your read on Killstic and Raziek please?
Raziek at null leaning scum. I didn't like his push on Killstic early on, mainly because of this:

I think Killstic is off-base in his reasoning for thinking Dark Horse is scum. I believe I made this clear. I voted him not because I believe he is scum, necessarily, but because I don't like his current play, and I didn't like that push, nor his justification.
Then from what I read, later on he jumps back on Kills wagon without any other explanation. Not sure what to think about his eagerness to claim though.

Killstic is scummy too for his defense of his Seikend vote. Saying that you jump on a wagon because of connections without actually saying what those connections are. I believe T-block pointed this out already, but Killstic hasn't answered him yet.

T-block

B2B TST
I heavily dislike this post TB because it is you manipulating his words and making them seems scummy with your Backdoor theory w.r.t. him. Cease and desist posts like that.
Nah - I'm gonna keep calling things as I see them.

Are you just going to let them keep getting away with stuff like that then? What's going to happen later in the game when one of their "scumpicks" flips town, or one of their "townpicks" flips scum, and they say "oh but see this post where i said i didn't think he was that scummy" or "even though i thought he was town i did think he was a little suspicious. look, this post proves it"?

J, do you think their super safe play is acceptable? If they weren't newbies, would you be on them for it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Seikend, what's wrong with my case? I feel like I bring up valid points, but you don't think so.

Also, disappoint at everyone else ignoring it :|

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I still think the connection between you and JTB is valid if you flip scum. Ignoring a scum player's posts is a scumtell, and I've "caught" (died before I could get him lynched) scum like that before.
Then what do you say about Soup ignoring DH's posts, despite him being his #1 scumread for most of the Day?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

How Soup can have 8 Town reads I'm not exactly sure, but I'm feeling a lynch on either him or Killstic.
Nooooo offense but you seem to mind anyone's lynch besides your own as of late.

Gonna be gone for a while of the day so I'm giving this game my own mafia post before I do things. :bee: I'll hammer Soupa by midnight but this lynch is silly because although for Soupa's bad play, he's town it seems. If he isn't, welp I gave him more credit then I should have.

Here are some final reads of mine that I want looked at if something goes wrong with me.

Town
J
Seik - mostly due to claim and his recent soupa defense, Soupa flips scum, send him to the nulls even including his claim. However not fully scum becuase I think I could see Seik town and the way he played with it due to his PR.
Soupa
Joey
TB - If it comes down to SvT and it's between Kill and Him, go him as the scum. ATM however, I think it's more TvT and TB is tunneling Kill.
Kill - ^^^
Dabuz
Armor

Null
Gova - Lost some townie points due to some events, atm put him as equal to JTB as dependant on a few things, his hesitancy is making me go back on that leaning-town thing and considering that Seik is town via claim *atm :glare:* I like him less
JTB - on DH scum-flip, throw him to scum. SoupaTown flip, I could still see him in the scum-category)
Ryker - just needs to get here imo. ~.~

Scum
Raziek - You guys should know by now. :awesome:
Dark Horse - Cases suck balls i.e. His case on me which he continues to dance around and get to poke at Kill/Soupa who are the most likely lynches. Rest has been explained.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TB, I don't care whether they are n00bies or not because that necessarily doesn't effect my read THAT much. I think they are town with what they are acting.

Also the "slip" w.r.t. them is, in my opinion, not a legit slip.

T-block

B2B TST
J, what makes you think they are town? I literally have no clue.

I'm unsure about Seikend's claim, but since it could be a really ****ing important role, I don't see a problem with delaying the lynch. There's just no reason to take such a big risk D1.

Unvote

However, Soupa just did a really **** move. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it to cover up for play mistakes.

Vote: Soup

:phone:
Killstic, is Soup scum?
Other than this "Oh, I was experimenting lolololol" **** and the generally bad play, I'd say that he's a solid null leaning scum.

I just do not approve of him doing this crap, scum or not. If we don't lynch him, I suppose I can live with it, but since it's D1, I don't have as much of a problem with his lynch as I would on, say, D3 or so.

:phone:
Seriously, can we lynch this guy please?

T-block

B2B TST
Then what do you say about Soup ignoring DH's posts, despite him being his #1 scumread for most of the Day?
Where did that come from? Doesn't Soup have DH as town?

In any case, I don't think DH has been a much of a focus as Killstic was at the beginning. It's a stronger tell when what was being ignored is a larger part of the game. But once you answer my question, I'll look into it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TB, at the current time, I would lynch you over Kill.

I don't have the time to go into why I believe Kill is town at this second. Regardless of that, with your most recent post it's weak reasoning to call them scum because I honestly do not see anything wrong with that post whatsoever.

You need to stop tunneling them for every post and trying to make every post they say/do as scummy. In my eyes, it's making you look a lot worse.

Okay now I reaaaaally need to go. Sang's coming over for a work day and I gotta get ready.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Where did that come from? Doesn't Soup have DH as town?

In any case, I don't think DH has been a much of a focus as Killstic was at the beginning. It's a stronger tell when what was being ignored is a larger part of the game. But once you answer my question, I'll look into it.
Soup begins with a vote on DH, gives a one-liner as to why he's scum, then ignores him for the rest of the Day, even when DH replies to him. Then all of a sudden, DH shows up as town on one of his lists of reads.

T-block

B2B TST
Never mind, JTB. I just re-read your case carefully.

I think I see where you're coming from, but everything is convoluted for me because of Soup's explanation of his recent play, as we can don't really know what he truly thought of DH at any time.

It looks like Soup is the lynch for toDay though, so I guess we'll find out.

T-block

B2B TST
Actually yeah, if Soup flips scum, I think the connection with DH is stronger than yours with KS.

Speaking of which, what is your stance on KS at the moment?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Killstic is scummy too for his defense of his Seikend vote. Saying that you jump on a wagon because of connections without actually saying what those connections are. I believe T-block pointed this out already, but Killstic hasn't answered him yet.
Soup is my stronger read though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Welp, I completely missed that post.

That point aside, I don't agree with jumping on a wagon because of the connections it may bring (see:pizza mafia when I got lynched for connections and it didn't actually help town at all) and because "there is no one else scummier because its only D1."

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
My computer's acting up, so I'm on the family computer for a short while.

self-hammering if y'all want
y u no want to survive?

Like, if you're just tired of playing, maaybe fair enough, but don't just give up. We have other viable wagons out there.

Seikend, what's wrong with my case? I feel like I bring up valid points, but you don't think so.

Also, disappoint at everyone else ignoring it :|
Honestly, because even if Soup has done scummy things, he's always going to be a strong town read of mine. Regardless of how his play has been, I understand the town intent behind a lot of what he did, and it's rare for things to click for me like that.

I felt your Soup case was good, didn't feel like you were being opportunistic or stretching for points.

It doesn't sway my opinion of Soup, but it does give me a town leaning on you.

What's wrong with 8 town reads?

Earlier on iirc you didn't find anyone particularly scummy and was prepared to lynch an inactive.

Can you remind me of why Killstic and Soup are scummy to you again?

Gonna re-read and decide where my votes going.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What's wrong with 8 town reads?

Earlier on iirc you didn't find anyone particularly scummy and was prepared to lynch an inactive.

Can you remind me of why Killstic and Soup are scummy to you again?

Gonna re-read and decide where my votes going.
8 Town reads is a LOT to have with no information as of this point.Yeah, "Null leaning Town" is more acceptable, but he's got what appears to me as 8 hard towns.

Yes, earlier on I was prepared to do so. I didn't have anyone I was willing to commit to being scum. That was fairly earlier in the game.

My dislike for Killstic stems a lot from what T-Block has already pointed out. Initially I disliked their push on Dark Horse, because it was largely unsupported and their justification for doing so was weak. However, as T-Block has illustrated several times now, Killstic has been leaving backdoors and playing extremely passive and non-committal all game.

Every time they said something, they'd speak of it, but they'd attribute it to being null, or not that big a deal, and they haven't actually set down a solid stance this entire game. They're my most confident scum read at this time.

As for Soup, I'm quite frankly just frustrated with his current play, because it's disrespectful to all players involved. However, he's retracted his request for replacement, so I'm moving my vote.

unvote

vote: Killstic

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well aware that it's AtE, but w.r.t my reads post earlier when I was unable to give any real scum reads, I'm actually kind of frustrated with my own play this game. Normally I feel more confident about my reads on players, but I'm finding myself a bit indecisive, which is frustrating for me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
JTB, the reason I had voted kill was because I found kill to be scimitar than both of them. I had thought that I was voting kill at the time, until I saw the vote count.
But why? You didn't give any sort of reason as to why Kill as scummier than J/Soup in your 509.

#HBC | ѕoup

i'm not voting kill
i'll vote razi
i'll vote Armor

those are my options

will be self-hammering otherwise, see ya in PM seikbro.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Are you sticking to your previous VT claim or was that a joke and you are going to claim something else?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Very well.

Once I get an actual response from DH, I'm fine with the Day ending.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
"Infiltrators? In this organization?! NEVER!"

Soup has been modkilled by the mighty wrath of a tsundere scorned.
Soup. The only man modkilled before he even replaced in.

.__.;

@Armor Where art thou?

You reads and vote would be super appreciated right now.

Oh, you're here :3

What's your read on:

Myself, Dabuz, Raziek and Killstic?

@Soup Why is Dabuz town? I'm reading over your wagon and he seems to constantly flip opinion on you. Like saying he doesn't think your play was scummy but still wanting to lynch you.

@Werekill Opinion of Dabuz?

Armor

Smash Rookie
:bee: You ready for this 1-day catchup post?

Seikend, I never thought you seemed scummy, and your claim makes your lynch look turrible. Your confidence in Soup... I don't know what to say.
/doridori
Dabuz, I don't have a clue.
Raziek, I'm rereading and will get back to you in a sec.
Killstic has been null to me most of this game, but I agree with T-block on them playing safe. However, some of the things he points out I think is just them clarifying what they say.

Soup stuff:

1) He votes his primary scumpick, DH, without any sort of case at all.
2) He places a FoS on Raziek after making what he believes is a case.
3) Armor is scum because of his lurky behavior.

Upon this post, I really believe that upon a scumSoup flip, DH is scum and Raziek is town. Not sure about Armor though.
Really liking the entirety of this case. Was hesitant to vote, because i didn't want to be the hammer, with us still having a few hours left. But then raz's unvote.
Vote: Soupamario
/doridori

As for my place in scumSoup, I was lurking, no denying it, so he's either trying to make a case against a towny doing something scummy. Or he's telling his scumbud to shape the **** up, and at the same time, distancing himself from me. Calls it as you sees it.
/doridori
...What is a Gova?... That is all.
@J: When you're back, explain the confidence in Kill over T-block?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
:bee: You ready for this 1-day catchup post?

Seikend, I never thought you seemed scummy, and your claim makes your lynch look turrible. Your confidence in Soup... I don't know what to say.
/doridori
Dabuz, I don't have a clue.
Raziek, I'm rereading and will get back to you in a sec.
Killstic has been null to me most of this game, but I agree with T-block on them playing safe. However, some of the things he points out I think is just them clarifying what they say.

Soup stuff:

Really liking the entirety of this case. Was hesitant to vote, because i didn't want to be the hammer, with us still having a few hours left. But then raz's unvote.
Vote: Soupamario
/doridori

As for my place in scumSoup, I was lurking, no denying it, so he's either trying to make a case against a towny doing something scummy. Or he's telling his scumbud to shape the **** up, and at the same time, distancing himself from me. Calls it as you sees it.
/doridori
...What is a Gova?... That is all.
@J: When you're back, explain the confidence in Kill over T-block?
On your re-read can you figure out Dabuz for me too? Thankies.

#HBC | ѕoup

i crumbed it like 5 times

man armor you're too cool to be scum, don't let it be true </3

read early D1 seik

Top Bottom