• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnarok Mafia - Game over!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
This may be backtracking a bit, but Killstic/Gova what was your read on Joey D1? You don't have to go into detail, just give me a brief reason why.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why Dark Horse over Kilstic or someone like Raziek?

/doridori

Dark Horse said before he voted his scum pick, and someone who was gonna die anyways. Well if that is the case then why wasn't soup voted by him before. It seems more like he was just jumping on the wagon to be there, even if more than him is guilty for that one.

I'm not a fan of his #520 where he just blew off a post I felt had some legitimacy to it. He's done this repeatedly throughout the game. If I read it right.

Why over Raziek and Kil? Raziek eh I could lean on him I suppose over DH, he's been kinda posting a lot of side comments and not in the face of the main discussions. Saying what he was playing and some comments on pointless moments.

Kil, I dunno he's kinda in the same boat as Dabuz for me. I know this is Dabuz's third game and I just finished a game with him as scum. He's being consistent and not trying to lurk like he did in HunterxHunter. Looks town to me, Dabuz is. Kil, looks more like he is putting something out there even if it isn't always townish. It's better than DH and Raz though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
loool RR being convinced to move his vote from Dark Horse, to Dark Horse.

@ RR What's your read on Killstic and Gova? Why did you feel Armor was scummy for his push on Dabuz? What changed?

@Gova & @Killstic Read on RR?

Regardless of whether I was worried about the NK or not, I don't need to express it in thread. What would I possibly gain from that?
Leaning town on Gova, Kil is null since I do think he is trying to put something out there, but it's not clear to me on alignment.

Yes I thought Armor's push on Dabuz was scummy.

What changed is, I gotta rethink Armor since I don't always think of the outside meta that is applicable.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
On the contrary, why not Dark Horse Ryker?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I don't think he is scummy, i did a re-read on him before responding, and i feel he is town. At the start of the game he played aggressive town, town didn't agree with his style and pinned him as scummy because of that, and now, he looks like he is scum-hunting, but because town pins him as scum ATM, he isn't playing as aggressive or active as he was
dabuz, elaborate more on this please. I'm surprised I missed this tbh.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
3 days until deadline. We need to start putting our votes somewhere unless we want a NL.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Leaning town on Gova, Kil is null since I do think he is trying to put something out there, but it's not clear to me on alignment.

Yes I thought Armor's push on Dabuz was scummy.
Whyyy was Armor's push on Dabuz scummy?

What changed is, I gotta rethink Armor since I don't always think of the outside meta that is applicable.
Tell me what you thought then. Ryker says that Armor has been trying ever since early on. In what way does he look like he's trying to you?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Seikend and JTB, I think RR is town. Joey's catch up posts gave me a town read and I'm not gonna let the fact that Joey replaced out affect my read.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Oh, his catchup posts? Those give you a town read?

So what happened to Gurren Lagann? After you got night killed, you went on and on about how catchup posts shouldn't give someone a free town read. Can you go into more detail as for your read on Joey?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Oh, his catchup posts? Those give you a town read?

So what happened to Gurren Lagann? After you got night killed, you went on and on about how catchup posts shouldn't give someone a free town read. Can you go into more detail as for your read on Joey?
I don't remember going on and on about that. I just said people shouldn't take catch-up posts as a town tell, which is not what I'm doing here. I'm focusing on the content in it. I'll bold the stuff that I agree with which made me think he's town. Did you think I had a town read on him just because he made the post, and did you know what post I was referring too?

8/8/11

1. Ryker:
#71 - Ughhhh I should have looked at the player list before I signed up for this.
2. Gova:
#118 - Don't like the last sentence. Set up speculation ohhh nooo! Other than that I think you're pretty townie.
#131 - Like this as well. Don't see how Raziek fits into this but I still like this as a whole.
#132 - I don't see how T-blocks latest reasoning for Dabuz matches with T-block's self vote and Raziek's WL vote. Someone explain this please? ._.
#156 - This looks good as well.
#177 - Liking gova more based on this find.
3. T-block:
#38 - Voting yourself for RVS? Ehhhh.
#68 - Really don't like this. >_>
#74 - I like you more for this post. Seems like you're the only one taking us out of RVS, plus your accusation makes sense to me.
#88 - Don't like you calling JTB out for that. Its like you're trying to put pressure on him for commenting instead of questioning, which is what he would do if he either didn't have a read himself, agree'd with you, or just wanted to see what would play out (which he said he did).
#122 - Basically makes me feel that you're complete town. Completely agree with this, and to me it makes it impossible to see this as reaching anymore.
#133 - :|. And I thought you were townie. May need to re-think about you, but this one post isn't bringing you to my scum list or anything.
#141 - Don't like this. First question looks bad. Second statement doesn't give enough reasoning to make us believe what you're saying. You went out of your way to say you might have mafia powers, so it could look like that you're wanting to vote yourself. Still don't know why you said that ._.!#150 - Why are you doing this doridori thing all of a sudden? I like the rest of 150 though.
#155 - Really like this. Shows exactly how I felt about the situation XD!
#174 - This makes me feel better about you if you take out the second response. Don't like response to second Dark Horse quote... but I do agree that you've shown that you don't care about being noticed.
#175 - Liking this as well. Starting to think the same about you that I did before 133.
#182 - I really like your GLG call out. Its very well fitting and deserved.
4. Raziek:
#93 - Looks like you're trying to fish for meta. :/.
#98 - ...Right after JTB said it as well. I don't see how Dabuz is playing the newb card. Do you mean in his 95? I don't see that as him playing the newb card but as him saying why hes taking this RVS as more of a joke.
#102 - I see what you were going for now... and I still don't like it. Trying to figure out if he's a noob for any faction is stupid since 1) he's in a hydra and 2) there is no way that it would help us since he's played enough games to know what scum should and shouldn't do even if he was town in all of those games.#104 - Here is why I don't like 103 + the fact that bringing it up so randomly and early doesn't really make anything look better ._.
5. Seikend:
6. Armor:
#115 - Liking Armor's response to pressure on him!
#146 - I don't see how T-block's stuff on Dabuz could be a joke. It could be searching for reactions sure, but not a joke. Of course you stated that it could be trying to get reactions as well so XD!
7. dabuz:
#76 - REALLY don't like this vote for obvious reasons. Even for RVS... it still looks really bad.
#113/114 - What? Is that in response to Killstic claiming town? Where is the "I'm really new" coming from? That makes me think you're talking about Armor or yourself, both of which I don't see this making sense for. Either you're accusing a hydra for more than they deserve or you're accusing Armor for something he didn't do. Which is it... or is it something else?
#121 - Now I'm really confused >_>'! Please explain what you mean in 113/114 whenever possible please! Also, I don't see how he used RVS to put a pressure question on you. Please point to where he did? It also seems like you're trying to play it WAY too safe. "I don't like he did and its scummy, but it looks like his style, so hes null. I'm gonna watch him though!" :/.
#126 - Seems that you're trying to use AtE to be more convincing that your post was purely humor and nothing else. Thats just my opinion though.
#138 - What? He asks if they're going to vote him and says he would understand if they voted him. How is that defending himself at all? You're accusing him for false information. Asking if they're going to vote him for his "contradiction" = defending himself? Please go into depth about this. While I like JTB/Gova's accusations on T-block... yours looks like garbage. Half of your accusation is false, and the other half is not legit at all. As soon as I saw the word "might" it was obvious that you have no power behind your accusation what so ever.#139 - After reading this I realized I may just be misunderstanding you due to poor grammar or something. Please explain your last line >_>.
#160 - Noted that T-block isn't responding to your question ._.! Like this post as a whole. Edit: Nevermind. He did respond earlier. It was just small. Went from liking this post to hating it because of that.
#184 - As soon as you said "avoiding the questions" I stoped caring about this post lol. Look at 141 and 153 (Just because he doesn't put an @Dabuz doesn't mean that he didn't answer the question at hand). He answered the question there. It was short and all, but he still answered. Hes not avoiding anything. Plus he answered again. Just because its not what you want doesn't mean hes avoiding anything. You're making a case on him because hes not giving you what you want, but you're playing it off as a case because hes not giving you anything.#186 - REALLY dislike this. He answered your questions. Yet you're saying "I don't think he has :D!" which makes it seem like you're trying to justify your vote through BS reasoning. Plus its the whole calling him out for avoiding things because its not the response you want. Yeah you're scummy lol.
8. giraffelasergun:
#125 - Don't like your first sentence at all. Just because you would have done it doesn't mean that Dabuz wouldn't have, which makes it look like you're defending Dabuz or trying to call out T-block based on stuff you would/wouldn't do. Second sentence looks a bit better, but it doesn't make me think you're townie at all.#145 - I feel like you're just jumping on the weakest stuff possible at this point. Any reasons why you didn't comment on T-block vs World or anything along those lines over him saying hes not a jester? >_>.
#170 - What? I think he's getting a lot out of the questions that hes asking ._.'! This looks like an attempt to defend Kill at this point.
9. Killstic:
#103 - Ewwwwww. Don't like D:! Look at my response to Raziek's number 104 if you want reasons why.
#110 - I think I know where my vote is going unless someone else looks worse. Unless the question at the end is going somewhere cool... I think you're going to be my vote.
#111 - I don't see how he was assuming there was an indy faction instead of saying that an indy claim would be possible.
#117 - Gova has a good point about the first question that I didn't pick up. You're misunderstanding Armor lol. Totally saying that if someone didn't claim town, then they would claim indy, since claiming scum is obviously the worst idea ever.#128 - Don't like first sentence and FoS. You're trying to make T-block look scummy for asking a question about you that could make you look bad. Second sentence looks worse than the first, since you're defending yourself through saying its a joke even though we were out of RVS by like 20-30 posts >_>.
#144 - Yes it can. You're looking for a way to jump on the wagon without looking suspicious at this point. Your (not you specifically, you as in anyone) responces in things can be changed based on what others say about the situation. Thats polluting the answer. Your call out on him is weak and your vote is weaker. You're also probably scum.#163 - What? The first paragraph of yours looks so bad. Combining two seperate lines of reasoning into one? They're both reasons for having him as suspicious so theres no reason to keep them seperate. >_>. Second paragraph is garbage since Dabuz already said he was trying to have more fun since hes new here. It looks like you're trying to defend Dabuz through assuming things.
#166 - So since you were called out you're changing what its about completely. Okay. Asking for others opinions = forced? Don't like it at all. Didn't your slot FoS/Vote T-Block earlier? What brought him from FoS/Vote worthy to null?#171 - Don't like this at all. Being irked due to ending an explanation in a question? No thank you! Asking how others feel about it = bad thing? No thank you! I don't see how its inappropriate or how his explanation is scattered. You're using things only you can stand behind to call him out. Do not like! "I don't think that Dabuz was being afraid/self conscious" is kinda supporting dabuz, since his accusations were everywhere, and him not being scared/self-confident would defend against that perfectly. Really looks like an attempt to defend Dabuz. Don't like the "future reference" line, either.
#179 - First paragraph combined with 163 and having T-block as a null makes me beleive that you're trying trying really hard to paint him as scum. REALLY don't like this at all. Your response to fake content is something I can see and I agree with. Same with third.
#181 - Don't agree with this, but I won't call you scummy for thinking like this at all. But you didn't answer his question ._.
10. Dark Horse:
#159 - Bleck. Gross. Awful. I'll respond to things in order.
@ Raziek's post: Because it was the 3rd/4th post in the game? Lol.
@ Dabuz vs T-block: This was awful RVS. You're not going to get anywhere by calling out people for RVS.
@ People calling it reaching: Because he was voting Dabuz for something in RVS
@ It being a case: Saying "this looks scummy!" with reasoning isn't a case. Thats explaining why something looks scummy. I can see it not being a case.
@ AtE: What? There isn't any in that post at all.
#165 - Makes me feel a little bit better about Dark Horse. I like everything he said and I agree with him fully.
#168 - Shows how I feel about Kill's post very well. Responces two the first two quotes are great. Don't like the responses to the third quote. Makes me feel that you're reaching for something. Don't like the end, since personal attacks make your accusation against him WAY weaker, since now I believe its a personality/play distaste instead of actually thinking they're scummy.
11. Terywj:
13. JTB:
#91 - Makes sense and I like you for this, but I still don't think T-block is scummy for what he said.
#130 - Shows what I know/think about. Really like this. However, I don't see how his reasoning and voting patterns match up with his self vote, which is what hes calling Dabuz out on. While he voted himself early on, his later votes and posts show that he wouldn't really do that and he is seriously playing. Dabuz's votes after his dark horse statement showed that he would have voted for Dark Horse because of his name, but for some reason he didn't. Thats what I got out of it anyways.
#142 - Like this answer as well! Agree'ing with the fact that you couldn't know the answer to this at all.
#146 - Agreeing with second part. Liking first part. If Killstic believes in what he said about T-block, then he should have jumped on this before my re-read is over.
#149 - Can I lynch you for this? :v

I can't take anymore LOL. It gets my general ideas across and everything else said doesn't change my opinions on people much at all.

Scum list:

Kill
Dabuz
GLG

Vig list:

GLGTery
Seik
Ryker
:172:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hmm, after going through and bolding everything, I realized it was a summary post and not a catch up post. lol. Well I guess they're more or less similar. Doesn't change my read on the slot.

Also, JTB did you already state your read on RR/Joey somewhere? If you didn't what is it?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
"If it was me out there, I'm pretty sure we'd already be done with this. What are you guys doing?"

Vote Count
Dark Horse[3]: JTB, Red Ryu, Killstic
Armor[1]: dabuz
dabuz[1]: Armor
Gova[1]: Ryker

Not Voting: Dark Horse, Gova, Raziek, Seikend, T-block

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Deadline is set for 8/29 at 11:59 PM EST.

That means tomorrow!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Goddamnit I need to catch up. Work has made it so hard to play mafia, but I only have 4 shifts left before school starts. I intend to try to re-read by the end of tonight, but ****ing hurricane's gonna hit.

Ugh.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
@DARK HORSE Who are your scumpicks today? You've been defending yourself all day and haven't been pushing any scumpicks at all.

I will vote Dark Horse over a NL, but RR's recent actions have made me a more than a bit suspicious so I'm not super confident.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
@Gova, I don't like RR very much, but I'm not sold on him being scum. I disagree with his reasoning on there being scum between DH and Armor and I find it odd how quickly he was to agree with Ryker on Armor being a newbie and not scum.

Wrt to DH, I believe he posted V/LA due to the hurricane but he's the only person who did. I really want dabuz to come in here and reply to my question to him, but he's disappeared as well.

/sigh

I feel like unless we hit scum toDay or cop gets a guilty on someone, inactivity is going to win this game for scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm back. I'll be here till deadline. I hate most of what I've seen from the playerlist. I won't lynch Armor or Tblock.

/doridori

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
You could not be here and be contributing just as much.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
JTB: Gonna get back to your post when i wake up later today. Hyrricane Irene knocked out my power for ALMOST a good 24 hours (fail @ not even 24 hour power outtage).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
That's fine, I honestly think the day is gonna end in a NL.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
If the Day ends tomorrow, cop should definitely investigate Ryker. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is scum and just coasting all game because he knows people will let him due to his reputation.

Plus with Ryker scum, I would definitely see Armor on a team with him.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hurricane deadline extension...? I personally don't like the idea but I guess I can do that if people agree on it. You're lucky I'm lax (and landlocked).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Would appreciate deadline extension. Hurricane knocked out my power last night as I expected. D:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
extension sounds like a good idea

/doridori

@RR: I like your 895, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :3

@JTB:When i look through DH's posts on Day 1, DH looks to be scum-hunting, he is asking questions, trying to put pressure on, and he is definitely contributing and keeping discussions going on. His posts did not seem scummy at all, quite the opposite in fact. The thing is, he had no problem steeping on toes, but he stepped on a lot of toes, which gives many people angles to attack and accuse from.

His 509 seems to get him a lot of attacks, although once again, it looked like genuine scum-hunting, pressure, and toe-stepping, and attempt to contribute to the discussion. The main thing is, he is getting attacked because he doesn't have the strongest cases, i don't think thats scummy, i think its actually towny because its pressure, and gets town discussion.

I feel like DH has good and justified defenses, and after re-reading this WHOLE thread, i don't feel like he posts anything scummy. He seems to have been attacked for "bad" cases, he isn't pushing hard anymore because he has to defend himself and doesn't want to step on anymore toes, especially with what looks like the beginning of a lynch wagon.

DH has definitely been a part of this game's discussion and has not minded putting his head out, but with Day 2 coming to a close and not much happening, it looks like a weak case/ bandwagon on him based on something that doesn't even look scummy (IMO)

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Sold, you know the power of hurricanes. You've been one before. /extension request

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Upon request, due to annoying circumstances, and because I'm literally about to fall asleep in my chair, extension granted.

Hurricanes trying to ruin my game or something... Still trying to decide whether I want it to just be a 24 hour extension or a 48 hour extension. Just know that the deadline isn't tonight. Either tomorrow at 11:59 PM EST or the day after, same time.

And yes I realize that I'm a really trolly mod, deal with it :cool:.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I have no objection with this. If Acrostic comes back then sticky situation, but we'll figure out how to deal with those. Or I could just ask Laundry, she's so good with those...

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I was making a joke. Feel free to replace yourself here, I know dat feel bro.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
"Here I am! Rock you like a hurricane!"

First non-killstic post coming up!

I'm totally fine with lynching Dark Horse. He had some really really reachy points, had some chainsaw defence goin' on, and refused to back down even after being refuted. I also think he AtE'd, but I can't remember exactly what post it was.

Also, Raziek kinda went along way too easily with him, so a flip will give us Raziek insights too.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Vote: Dark Horse in case deadline is tonight.

I had hoped others would get their input in on time, aka Raziek, T-Block /namesearch and that Dark Horse would respond to me but now I guess he won't.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Finally done with work, now I can actually attempt to play mafia. I haven't had a chance to re-read, but I'll vote to avoid a NL.

I'll roll Dark Horse or Armor, but I don't see Gova or Dabuz being legit.

Top Bottom