• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A "Rate my bowser" Thread - Post YOUR bowser vids here

superkong53

Smash Cadet
when you reserve a game that means you pay money to hold a game at a store. when it comes out they hold the game for you so nobody takes it then u buy it. does that make sense.?

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
@Majin: Pretty good. Why werent you wavedashing? You missed some L-cancels too. I personally like to keep a Marth in the air above me where my vertical game is good. Some utilts and uairs and you can get a good vert kill. Practice fortresshogging too cause it'll help a lot.

superkong53

Smash Cadet
your okay for a bowser player. you wavedash and shffl cancel alot too. but bowser isn't a good overall choice. i hope hes a little faster in brawl.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Yep Bowser blows. Lets all go to the Ness Vid. critique and tell 'em that Ness is a piece of s**t and to play High tirer. Its the answer to everything!
Lol @ the fsmash phantom hit. Huh yeah, good job all I can say is use the claw more cause its the bestest. and it gets through shieldgrabbers.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Rofl at phantom hit..

Your bowsers decent, nice retreating fairs, ftilts, etc.
I might want to add a couple things-

-Less spotdodge. You spot dodged a good 5 times I can remember, if you can time it right, its better. But your better off fortresshogging than spot dodging an attack, his dodge is slow laggy and covers a short distance.

-Mix up your ariels a little bit. I could call out when you'd try to land an fair, and im not saying its a bad move at all, im just stating try the field a little more, mainly Nair ad a GTFO me move.

-Charged smashes. I saw a couple times where you'd knock him off and charge a smash hoping he'd run into it. Try playing less CPUs and more human players bro. Haha.

Ill edit this in the future, but you dont have a bad bowser ^^

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
wow the opponent was terrible haha

i want to try and get some vids of oregon's bowser (that'd be me) up, but i'm not sure that'll happen anytime soon...

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I decided to pick up bowser a few days ago and I've been having trouble with my crewmates samus. I have some video's here of my bowser fighting his samus. Its pretty bad quality but the fights are pretty much visible. A big problem is approaching him with bowser with out getting juggled and missled to heck and back. I know my bowser has some serious flaws but as I said, bowser is brand new to me. If you wouldnt mind, can you help me out and tell me where I need to improve. thanks(warning: i got pretty angry in some of these matches so I started playing pretty poorly. Also some mild language @.@)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTI3nymJn7Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Sap...0Melee Smash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlpMQ...0Melee Smash

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So i really like your Bowsers ability to stand in place ALOT...

I'll have to look at it and try and give you some advice but for now i leave you with...

Move around the stage

and if your gonna sit there at least throw a shield up

AND DON'T GET SHIELD GRABBED BY SAMUS

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
I dont normally stand around, and as I said I wasnt playing as well as I should have been since I was angry(read post). And about the sheild grab part, I'll try not to. tahnks for watching them, and I hope I can get some more advice after you look over them more.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I dont normally stand around, and as I said I wasnt playing as well as I should have been since I was angry(read post). And about the sheild grab part, I'll try not to. tahnks for watching them, and I hope I can get some more advice after you look over them more.
Hey no worries, getting frustrated is part of the game, The thing is, you turtle alot with Bowser... but the turtling doesn't lead to anything besides you getting hit. Especially when Something happens like landing in front of Samus, you should almost never get shield grabbed because even a simple jab would stop her at that point.

Standing around and doing nothing is just looking to get hit

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
yea, I understand that much. right now I just need to find some way to get around his missles, and bomb jump to meteor smash.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
BombJump to Meteor Smash is beaten by fortress i believe, its been a while since i've played a samus... but i'm almost positive he can't stab your shield that much or put you in stun long enough to not get fortressed..

F-tilt eats his missles

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
f-tilt cancels missles?? didnt know that one. I already no that my f-smash can cancel his fully charged shot but thats to frisky to cancel.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm almost positive his F-tilt could stop that too, but its better to just hop over it or something..

Most of bowsers moves eat projectiles rather well.. except his D-air

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Bowsers D-air most be seriously situational since it barely even helps me out, expect for rare times that it actually effects him. I also realized that when I D-smashed for an edgeguard it didnt work at all, so I figured I would use bowsers U-tilt next.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Samus is hella trixy to edgeguard... if he Grapples i'd say get up attack if he's sweetspotting the up b look for the hog...

F-tilt is better then downsmash for edgeguarding.. and i don't see how you its possible for you to u-tilt edgeguard unless he's coming from above you, in which case you have better options.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
yea thats what I was saying for when he up b's I'll U tilt him. Just saying that because I believe that it can kill floaties quite easily and I figured if samus is above 100% I that I'll be able to get under after the up B and kill her. I figured I could waveland into him after dodging some missles in the air and then get him with the Klaw. I neever know how to return back to the stage since in once I get in range. And everytime I make it to the edge, I edgehop and go for the Klaw or I try and attack with the awesome spinning attack.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
f-tilt cancels missles?? didnt know that one. I already no that my f-smash can cancel his fully charged shot but thats to frisky to cancel.
it definitely does. a dash attack or shffled fair is actually better to cancel with though, you make progress forward but theyre a bit trickier to time right.

also, like kevinM said, move around a lot more. especially if youre playing samus or link. the closer you are, the more difficult it is to use projectiles against you. so stay on top of em man.

and edgeguarding: if samus is using a grapple, time a bair into her and ledgehog.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
it definitely does. a dash attack or shffled fair is actually better to cancel with though, you make progress forward but theyre a bit trickier to time right.

also, like kevinM said, move around a lot more. especially if youre playing samus or link. the closer you are, the more difficult it is to use projectiles against you. so stay on top of em man.

and edgeguarding: if samus is using a grapple, time a bair into her and ledgehog.
Ah I need to play vs Samus more, I don't know why but I always find that a really fun matchup, no matter who I am. Sadly the only person I know who ever plays as Samus has gone off to uni :(.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Lmao xD class vid =D. "Lewis....man the f*** up!". It's hard to win with bowser against a speed character like falco or fox so bravo man, bravo =P. Psy.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I did laugh a bit at the start where the Marth did nothing but dash attack and Fsmash (then again, I'm not amazingly better as him XD). I'm not amazing at giving advice but um, Bup more, there were bits when you were close and in a shield and you could've upBed out. You're Wavelanding was very nice though.

Top Bottom