• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A "Rate my bowser" Thread - Post YOUR bowser vids here

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
I'm glad he got owned in that video.. Ness annoys me really bad even though they aren't especially hard to beat

But where'd that dude go O.o rant wasen't finished lol

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
That was pretty good St.Viers, too bad you had to play on FD though XD ... Bowser isn't as fun there. As for advice...

-Use tilts more, especially f-tilt, but also u-tilt. They're both very effective moves that you underutilized. Just replace some of your SHFFLed F-airs with f-tilt at the appropriate times.

-Klaw more. Although you did use it well once, there were several other opprotunities for it. Klaw is sexy.

-and I never really thought I'd say this one, but, fulljump more. You seemed too afraid of getting up there to hit the opponent.

-overall just vary up your approach, play less defensively, and smooth out your edgeguarding. (which is my biggest flaw >.>) That last kill was spiffy though.

EazyP

Smash Ace
You already said it yourself, you need more up b...MOAR UP B

Seriously godly move, you could of racked up a ton of damage doing up b from shield

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Your friend has an, uh, interesting method of jumping off the edge and falling a long way XD Can't give much more advice than was already given. Nice last kill.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
get rid of the habbit of shielding so much. alot of the time you would roll and shield or jump back and shield and while sometimes playing defensively is good it's not always smart because there were alot of oppertunities for kirby to grab you more than he did.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I got some more vids against a better opponent, Pynk, the guy that has been my navigator/team partner for smash tournaments for the past year. He's a Luigi main and stoof.

But first, a video mix involving an F-Smash, a midair fortress, and my cat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JOzaMtgWI0 ...basically me messing around with movie maker.

Anyway, Matches against his Luigi! He hadn't played in a while so he was a bit rusty first match.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUz2Hdq9Xgo Match 1 (Poke Stadium)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9QIFJjJP8 Match 2 (Dreamland) -Prolly my Favorite.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHoQ8oGPbII Match 3 (Final Destination... bleh)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFQgs7jh-iE Match 4 (Poke Stadium)

And one against his Fox, that I don't really like but I'll share anyway.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mjgpV9UVKo (Dreamland)

If the music in any of these bothers you, turn it down I guess.
And the only critique of myself I'll share is that edgeguarding was horrible. I experimented with downsmash against luigi, which didn't work well.

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Oh, I watched your vids. They were good, man. Never see a blue bowser player, either. The music was good and you were good at the cancels, but timing could use a little work, no offense.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I should get some videos recoreded soon >_>

(I say this with no intention of actually working towards that goal for now)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Oh, I watched your vids. They were good, man. Never see a blue bowser player, either. The music was good and you were good at the cancels, but timing could use a little work, no offense.
Thanks Haruno, I definitely agree that my timing could use some, if not quite a bit of work. Especially on Uairs and the like. Also, no offense taken... this IS a critique thread. XD
Oh, and actually I play blue bowser because I prefer his green over classic bowser's, and pure white spikes are win.

80's hair metal bowser is the best thing in the world.

I liked the videos man.
I agree, it makes him extra cute. Thanks too, I'm glad you liked the vids and all that good stuff. Any particular tips/critiques?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Holy crap that jiggs sleep KO on the second vid right at the start. AWESOME.

Haha, I only just realised it was 2v1, I mean they kept hitting each other XD

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Haruno Kotetsu, I've watched your vid against link and I can safely say that are you are far beyond the skill level of most of the people who post their bowser vids here. You do a great job at r-cancling and you have a very quick play style. Obviously, as you say that was a little while ago so i'm sure you've gotten better at working your way around that stage, but from that vid alone you're looking to be really addept in your gameplay. good stuff!

Haruno Kotetsu

Smash Ace
Woah random post man and i really appreciate it, i'll show you guys a new match this week to show you how much i really got better haha (not getting cocky or anything)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace

EazyP

Smash Ace
Alright here's what I have from the DK one

You need to work on your tech skill and play better people. By tech skill I mean, SHFFL, L cancels, fortresshogs, the works. Sure you can wavedash, but it wasn't really helping you there. Try not to do anything like claw when you're under him. I DO like the up - b from your shield, the shieldgrabs and all that. Try not using bair as a general approach, just because fair is so much better. Try to read him better, it seems that he ALWAYS recovers above the stage and doesn't go for sweet spots, also that he likes to shield a lot when you're coming down from the air. Use these to your advantage

The DK player was pretty weak, I mean when you come back from a death, you should be charging your punch or attacking, not taunting. Not to mention he didn't have SHFFLs down, did a lot of unnecessary full jumps and had a weak recovery. He just needs to learn a lot more about how to properly use the character (at least in competitive status)

Work on it baby

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I thought that was good Inferno, your bowser is decent. BLUE BOWSA POWA.

Do note that I only watched the match against the ice climbers. (I have the dail-up internets) Also note that I have never fought ice climbers with Bowser. XD

Thoughout much of the match it felt as if you were moving somewhat sluggishly, as if you were thinking so much that your hands weren't quite moving right. you eased up towards the end though and your movement sped up and was more smooth.

Vary-up your game on the edge with bowser, you almost always get-up attacked. Ledge-hopped aerials and jumping onto the platform are sexy too.

Work some wavelanding and wavedashing into your metagame. (especially waveland of course)

I'd suggest doing the double jab less, and when you do it, replace the second jab with an u-tilt sometimes for extra damage. I'd only go for the second jab if it'll knock them over the ledge.

Overall though, you were pretty solid. I want to see some matches against a better player. You sure know how to space f-smashes against your opponent, yessir! XD

and more people need to watch my second match vs Fox, I do sexy and manly things in that one. <.< >.>

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haruno Kotetsu, I've watched your vid against link and I can safely say that are you are far beyond the skill level of most of the people who post their bowser vids here. You do a great job at r-cancling and you have a very quick play style. Obviously, as you say that was a little while ago so i'm sure you've gotten better at working your way around that stage, but from that vid alone you're looking to be really addept in your gameplay. good stuff!
Lol at R-cancelling and talking down other Bowser players <_<

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Lol at R-cancelling and talking down other Bowser players <_<
It wasn't intentional downplaying others, if you'd be so kind would you like to give some advice please?

Thanks for all of that, Face :D Watch the FD one, I thought I did better there.

Oh man I just watched that second fox vid, the Fsmash at the end was great, you both sounds stoned though :p

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Haha, we sound stoned in the vid? XD

I'm actually completely against doing drugs myself, but yeah, the sound distortion and the fact that we intentionally try to sound as rediculous as possible could do that. So, no offense taken. XD
I'm glad you liked the finish too.

I'll watch the FD bowser ditto soon/nows.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Face, work on your "L-cancles" a lot. Practice mode helps quite a bit. You dont always need to attempt to fortress above the stage. Start from underneith it so that you wont get smash fa'd. Another little technique that I've started using which might help you is a quick drop down forward a. It's good against quick players like fox who can change from attack to defense and then back to attack in a short amount of time. What you do is do a jump forward and if they are in the position to get hit w/ a forward a use it. If not, do a double jump. Now, dispite if your opponent is in hitting range or not, press forward a, and as you are falling back to the stage at a high part of the jump, maybe not the peak but a little below that, push down to fast fall to the stage w/ an r cancle thrown in. If you do this correctly your opponent will, alot of the time attempt to attack you as you are falling back towards the stage, however, your fast fall will get you in attack position first and allow you to have an unforseen attack on your opponent.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Yes, I miss l-cancels more than I should.

I recovered high often because my opponent guarded the edge effectively and the fortress has no landing lag. Maybe I went high more than I should've, but whatever.

The rest of what you said made no sense whatsover. Sorry, but I can't make anything out of it.
EDIT- I think I get what you were saying now. You were suggesting a short-hop double-jump fast-fall fair. In most situations that isn't a good idea, but it can mess with some people; especially lower-level players.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
I play against an amazingly well played jigg player and it is very useful against her because of the rate of change from attack to retreat. I figured that becaus fox is fast and has a quick rate of change in the attack and retreat areas he'd also be a good target for one of those moves.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Eh, I can see how that could work against jiggs, since her jumps don't gain much height singularly, but if you messed that up Jiggly could punish you bad. Anyway, strategies against fox and against jiggs are completely different. Thank you very much for the input however, I appreciate it.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Actually, i just, sorta, figured out how to record my matches today. If my friend who went out for the holiday comes back early enough I might be able to get some bowser vs jiggly vids up by tomorrow night. Mind you the quality wont be the best cause i'm using a computer cam for recording what it sees on the tv but it's better than what i've got now (jack squat).

Top Bottom