• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances Day Sixty: Ashley Robbins and Ragna the BloodEdge

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ike 90%

He is still one of the youngest and most popular FE characters 5

Tom Nook 0% 1
doesn't have a fighting reputation

Nominate:
Vets. Zelda 3
Sheik 2

Newcomers:
Soren (FE) 3
Krystal 2

is this correct?

D

Deleted member

@T.J.: You need to decide on a definitive percentage. A 30%-50% range does not count. Otherwise, I'm counting your vote as 40%.

@ZeldaMater_1: You only get five nominations for newcomers and five for veterans. Adjust your nominations accordingly.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Ike - 30-50%

They replaced Roy even though everyone loved him, and now I have a feeling they will replace Ike.
And it'd be cool to see a new original sword user in the next game.
Though I will admit, I don't know much about the FE games.
I'd argue that Roy and Ike are comparable only in that they are Fire Emblem characters. Roy was a one-shot character, Japan-Only, with no special appeal. Roy joins the ranks of Sigurd, Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Leaf, Ephiram, Celice, etc. He's nothing special.

Ike on the other hand was one of the main Lords to appeal to a global audience. Unlike Lyn, Hector, and Eliwood, who shared the Lord status in one game, Ike starred in two home console titles, arguably which have more resources devoted to them. He also isn't a clone which, as we all know, Roy was.

So if you want a new original sword user, why get rid of Ike? He's original, still fresh in the minds of gamers, and one of the more major Lords.

Just somethings to consider. :)

D

Deleted member

@ZeldaMaster_1: That is correct. Adding your nominations now...

D

Deleted member

Ending day now. Will get the next one up around 9:00 PM CST.

D

Deleted member

Ike's score was a bit low in comparison to others, however, it was still impressive, scoring a very pleasant 86.77% overall. He smiled as he put his sword in front of him, hoping that he would be able to fight with his friends he made in Brawl again.

Tom Nook did not have the same hope. Receiving a terrible 21.46% in likeliness, he threw a temper over his subpar score, demanding that people support him more. The judges tried to calm him down with the announcement of a 2.56 score, but this failed to do anything as he stomped out of the room to plot to make an appearance as a playable character.

The news was worldwide and people were shocked by the contradictory nature of Tom. Two people who had recently heard the news, Samus and Paper Mario, walked inside, wondering what had happened yeseterday. They forgot the question immediately as the crowd awaited to see who was next. They prepared for the worst, but hoped for the best.

--- wins five newcomer nominations for being the closest to predicting Tom Nook's score. AN(M)ist wins five veteran nominations for being the closest to predicting Ike's score.

Luigi and Saki Amamiya are on deck; you can predict the score Saki gets the next day. Samus and Paper Mario are up for rating in terms of likeliness.

D

Deleted member

Samus

I would be shocked if Ridley wasn't playable, so of course Samus is coming back. We will be seeing four Metroid reps before Samus gets the boot.

100%

Paper Mario

My most wanted Mario character. He would represent the Mario RPG series very well and would be as unique as Mr. Game & Watch. The only variation of a character that I support and a well deserving on. Deserving

As for his chances, lets remember that he is among the two most requested characters for SSB4 from the Mario series in Japan, which is a very good thing to note and it helps him a lot. He is also getting a game on the 3DS, which keeps him relevant. Not only that, he is the most important RPG character from the Mario series and would add variety to the Mario series. If he gets in, it's a matter of whenever or not he gets his own series.

My main problem with his chances is that he doesn't seem to be too popular with worldwide audience and that some people have a hard time looking over the fact that he's a Mario variation. Let's just hope that Sakurai can overlook this, because Paper Mario is due to be playable.

60%

I am predicting that Saki Amamiya gets 62.14%.

Nominations (Veterans):
Zelda (x5)

Nominations (Newcomers):
Victini (x1)
Medusa (x1)
Takamaru (x1)
Isaac (x1)
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Samus - 100%.

Paper Mario - 65%. Game and watch takes the 2d gimmick away from him, but he does represent Nintendo RPG's fairly well. 4/5 deserving rating.

Nominations - 5 for Pika, 5 for Dixie

Saki will get a 58%, methinks.

D

Deleted member

@CrimsonFeint: You cannot nominate Pikachu, he has already been polled.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Samus - 100%

Samus is star of the Metroid series - probably Nintendo's fifth most popular (if not fifth biggest) franchise currently featured in Smash Bros., behind Kirby, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and Mario. There's no reason she should go whatsoever.

What else is Samus but deserving (5)?

Paper Mario - 70%

To be honest, I think Paper Mario's chances are underrated, and he himself is the underrated possible new Mario rep. I hear talk everywhere about Toad, and Bowser Jr. is nearly universally found on rosters, but Paper Mario gets only occasional attention.

So what helps Paper Mario's chances? Firstly, his spin-off series, Paper Mario, has been growing since it's first release on the N64 and is as important as the Yoshi series at this point, really (not quite up to Wario or Donkey Kong standards, though). That game is being remade for 3DS this year, so Sakurai will look at what is recent when he considers characters (much like how Victini is possible), and Paper Mario's upcoming game will help raise his chances with Sakurai.

A semi-clone of Mario? Impossible! Paper Mario rarely uses any of the moves Mario is known for in his games. It's possible, but I doubt Sakurai would turn Paper Mario into a clone given how much moveset potential he has.

His only problem is he is neither as popular as Bowser Jr. nor Toad. However, Bowser Jr. is popular in America and Europe; Toad is popular in Japan. Paper Mario is popular in both.

Paper Mario is completely deserving as a new Mario rep, or heck, as a rep of his own spin-off series. As a Mario character, he isn't quite as deserving as Toad, but he has more history than Bowser Jr.

But do I want Paper Mario? To be honest, while I love the guy and his games, I want to complete representation for the Mario series, so I want Toad and if possible, Bowser Jr. in there too. And since I personally categorize Paper Mario as different, he falls under the "new franchise" factor that Isaac, Starfy, and others are fighting for.

The real thing that confuses me, though, is even then, I for whatever unknown reason, am against him, even if we get an over-50-slot roster. I love his games, but I don't want him in Smash Bros. I cannot explain this dislike. He should get a Wanted from me, but for this god-forsaken reason, (edit) I've realized he only warrants an unwanted (2) from me.

My Nominations:
Veterans
Bowser x5

Newcomers
Tetris Block x5

My Predictions:
Saki - 70%

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Samus
No need to explain, right?
100%

Paper Mario

A really deserving character. While he is another Mario form, he can be quite unique if he get his moves from his games. Turn into a paper plane, using the hammer, for example.
Also, he has a upcoming game on 3DS, which actually boosts his chances a lot.
80% 5-deserving

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Marth (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Phoenix Wright (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saki- 66%

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Samus Aran ~100% I don't care how bad Team Ninja butchered her in Other M, she is 100% in. Level 5- want for my time tested main.

Paper Mario ~ 60% A deserving character choice, especially given the appearances of Young/Toon Link and Dr. Mario in the past... I still don't really like alternate versions, but Paper Mario is an exception given the universe behind it. Still, he competes with Toad and Bowser Jr... so... yeah, I'd say 60% is pretty fair. Want Level- 3 A resounding 'eh'.

Prediction: Saki 68%

Nominations:

Veteran- Jigglypuff x5
Newcomer-
Duck Hunt Dog x3
Caeda x2

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Samus: 100%
Paper Mario: 68%

Saki prediction: 69.32%

Bowser x5
Tails x3, Isaac x2

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Samus - 100%

Samus has been with the series since the beginning and is still a relevant character. I don't see her leaving.

Paper Mario - 50 %

Paper Mario has a good chance; however, he still has strong competition from Toad and Bowser Jr.. The only flaw I see with him is the possibility that he may end up as the new Toon Link. During the Brawl speculation days, I had personally wanted Toon Link (or cell shaded/windwaker Link) thinking that he would be unique with his original weapons like his deku leaf and hammer; however, he was still turned into a clone as he was still A Link. Paper Mario on the other hand is the same person as Mario just in a different dimension (unlike the two different Link characters in Brawl). This makes him even more likely to become a clone. Super Paper Mario made him seem even more similar to the regular Mario as the game's story was more of a plat former. Despite all this, it seems that his relevancy is increasing with his new upcoming game.

In my opinion, while I like Paper Mario, I rather see unique characters like Toad and Jr. come in rather than seeing a second Mario. It makes it seem unfair when Mario gets represented twice in a Smash game when other important recurring characters are just ignored.

My want level for Paper Mario is 2.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Samus - 100%

But for the love of all that is holy, don't let her SPEAK at all like in Other M. :glare:

Paper Mario - 72%

He has a good chance, would represent Mario RPG's unlike other potential Mario series newcomers, also has the largest moveset potential of the bunch. I give him a 4.

Predictions:

Saki - 78%

Nominations:
Newcomers
Cadea x5

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Predicting Luigi to get 100% (Haha), and Saki to get 72%.

Samus: 100%
Very revelant, popular, and even if Team Ninja destroyed the reputation of Samus's fans on her in Other M, I'm sure Nintendo will fix it.

And better now this time, she'll better get buffed up and not have a Zero Suit Form.

Paper Mario: 46%

First of all, I don't get the idea why Mario should get two representatives that are basically a same character, save for Link. It's quite unfair for Toad and Bowser Jr, who could have more unique character and moveset potential, especially Toad. Until Sakurai just decides to add him for unpredictability, then I think I'm waiting for other two more than Paper Mario.

I've played the games and found them excellent, but it's like trying to add Toon Link. He would be a Mr Game & Watch-style clone of Mario. (-l_L-)

So I don't want him. (2)

Nominating:

Newcomers:

x2 Prince Sable
x3 Takamaru

Veterans:
x2 Pit
x3 Diddy Kong

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Samus- 100%. Original 12. Derp.

Paper Mario- 60%
FOR
-Gaining popularity among fans.
-Appeared in several high-rated games.
-Has a game coming out on the 3DS.
-Moveset potential.
-A good rep for non-Pokemon Nintendo RPGs.
AGAINST
-Some see him as a semi-clone of Mario with Game & Watch's gimmick.
-Not as popular as Bowser Jr. or Toad.
Wanted: 4

Nominations
Veterans: Wolf [3], Toon Link [2]
Newcomers: Takamaru [3], Medusa [2]

EDIT: After reading the above post, I found it neccessary to say that Paper Mario has almost NO CHANCE of being a clone of Mario. He never uses any move that Mario uses in SSB in his series. He uses his hammer as his primary weapon and has a wide selection of unique special attacks and sidekicks to use for his specials.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Samus- 100%. Original 12. Derp.

Paper Mario- 60%
FOR
-Gaining popularity among fans.
-Appeared in several high-rated games.
-Has a game coming out on the 3DS.
-Moveset potential.
-A good rep for non-Pokemon Nintendo RPGs.
AGAINST
-Some see him as a semi-clone of Mario with Game & Watch's gimmick.
-Not as popular as Bowser Jr. or Toad.
Wanted: 4

Nominations
Veterans: Wolf [3], Toon Link [2]
Newcomers: Takamaru [3], Medusa [2]

EDIT: After reading the above post, I found it neccessary to say that Paper Mario has almost NO CHANCE of being a clone of Mario. He never uses any move that Mario uses in SSB in his series. He uses his hammer as his primary weapon and has a wide selection of unique special attacks and sidekicks to use for his specials.
Most of time Toon Link was this: he never wielded much weapons Link did, and had much more unique items: yet he became a clone of Link.
I know Paper Mario uses hammer most of the time, but Sakurai's prone to make cloned movesets to characters that don't really deserve it (like Ganondorf), so I'm fearing Paper Mario gets the same treatement.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Samus - 100%

Paper Mario - 50%

reason I feel this to be a half-half is because the mario cast already has 4 spots on the roster and taking a fifth spot for just another type of Mario is iffy.
Personally, I do like to try out paper mario and compare with original if he does get a spot. 4.

Nominations:

Veterans:
Sonic: 5
Marth: 5

Newcomer:
Matthew from Golden sun *5

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Samus 100% 5
one of the originals

Paper mario 70% 3
one of the better choices for a 5th character from the mario series. but shouldn't be a clone of mario and/or Mr. G&W.

nominates
Vet
Zelda 5
Newcomer
Tails (it would be interesting to see him flying around the battlefield) 5

BlackFox

Smash Rookie
Is it Ok if I join this?

Samus-100% due to being an original and the only character of her series (besides her hotter zero suit form) I doubt they will take out the Metroid series and protagonist.

Paper Mario-50% I'm gonna admit, I think he's pretty popular and has great moveset potential. However, he is just an alternate, and I don't think an alternate character really deserves a slot unless it's just open.

Nominations
Maxwell (3x)
Bomberman(2x)
If Bomberman was done already then
Zoroark
Meowth

finalark

SNORLAX
Samus 100% - one of the originals and the main character of her franchise.

Paper Mario 40% - He has quite a bit of potential for an original move set, but I doubt he'll be used as much beyond an assist trophy. Besides, I doubt that Sakurai is particularly interested in adding in more Mario characters.

D

Deleted member

@BlackFox: Sure, you can join. Also, Bomberman has not been done yet.

Anyway, I apologize for being late. I was with my aunt playing Paper Mario: The Thousand Years Door and Super Smash Bros. Melee and didn't recognize that it was past time for this day to end. As such, all posts will be accepted before this one and the next day will last twenty-four hours starting from when I start the next day.

Will try to get the next day by around 8:40 PM CST.

Edit: @---: Sorry that I forgot to ask this, but do you want to use your remaining five newcomer nominations on Caeda? You only nominated her five times but because you were closest in predicting Day Fifteen's newcomer score, you won the nomination.

D

Deleted member

Will get flavor up later.

Samus got a perfect score.
Paper Mario scored 60.07% in likeliness and 3.45 in deserving.

Barbasol earns five newcomer nominations for being the closest to predicting Paper Mario's score.

You can now rate Saki Amamiya's and Luigi's likeliness and how much you want them on a scale from one to five (no decimal please). The poll ends at 9:30 PM CST tomorrow.

You can predict the score Wolf and Phoenix Wright get the next day.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Luigi

Hopefully with a Luigi's Mansion moveset.
100%

Saki

He enters a peculiar case: Assist trophies that may turn into a playable character.
While his game WAS Japan only, his series got a new game released in US. However, he isn't the main protagonist of S&P 2: Star Sucessor.
New series are always nice additions, but he has to compete with Isa to represent his franchise.
56% 3-neutral/b]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nominate (Veterans):
Marth (x5)

Nominate (Newcomers):
Victini (x5)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wolf- 89%
Phoenix Wright - 25%

D

Deleted member

Luigi:

The question is not if he'll make his return, but if he will be a starter or an unlockable.

100%

Saki Amamiya:

Despite his obscurity, he would make a great character in Smash and offer a lot of unique combinations not seen in Smash before. I would love to see him playable in SSB4. Deserving

Fans think of Saki when they think of Sin & Punishment. Saki is commonly requested among fans of the Super Smash Bros. series and that has given him the much needed exposure to make him playable in SSB4, which mainly has to do with his Assist Trophy status. Not only does he have it, out of all of the Assist Trophy characters, he has shown the most move set potentials, is the most detailed, and even has comments saying that Saki would fit right in. Sin & Punishment also sold very well on the Virtual Console, so much so that it was the reason why a sequel got in the first place.

One major thing that hurts his chances is his lack of relevancy, which is certainly noticeable, because he has not had a game since 2000. There's also that chance Isa Jo gets in over Saki Amamiya since Saki is not the protagonist of the latest game. Still, Saki has a solid shot and a shot that I hope doesn't miss.

75%

Predicting that Wolf gets a 82.14% in likeliness and Phoenix Wright gets 8.94%.

Nominations (Veterans):

Zelda (x5)

Nominatons (Newcomer):

Victini (x1)
Medusa (x1)
Takamaru (x1)
Isaac (x1)
Ryu Hayabusa (x1)

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Back from Harry Potter. Yay.

Luigi - 100%

The question is not if he'll make his return, but if he will be a starter or an unlockable.
Luigi's my number #1 main in both Melee and Brawl, so it's good to know he will always be back for a Smash Bros. game.

Saki Amimaya - 70%

Saki Amimaya is certainly the most likely console-based new franchise rep we'll get. He was popular during Brawl's development, as Sakurai himself even points out on Dojo. He has the potential for a unique moveset given his cannon sword, swapping between close-range slashing and long-range projectiles. In addition, sales of his Virtual Console title were strong - so strong that we got Sin & Punishment: Star Successor in 2010. He is more iconic to the series than Isa, the other potential Sin & Punishment rep - when you think of the series, you think of Saki. Plus, his Assist Trophy status in Brawl helps his chances by giving the developers a model and animations to base off of. Sakurai even said in his same Dojo post that he tried the best he could to integrate Saki into Brawl - meaning that he very well could have been one of the many considered playable characters during Brawl's development.

Honestly, Saki is one of the most likely new franchise characters we'll get. I think we'll get Isaac first, given how extremely popular Golden Sun and Isaac himself as a character for Brawl were, but I can see Saki coming next then.

But do I support Saki? To be honest, he hasn't quite caught my attention. He's interesting, but not a character that "wows" me whatsoever. In addition, I don't think one sequel made because of the sales of his re-release is enough to make him a viable new franchise contender. Two games is not enough for me to call a franchise particularly deserving.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't mind Saki's inclusion in SSB4, as I'm all for new franchise reps (we could use as many of those as possible, IMO). So he is probably wanted (4) for me.

My Nominations:
Veterans
Dr. Mario x2
Jigglypuff x2
Bowser x1

Newcomers
Jiro x5

My Predictions:
Wolf - 88%
Phoenix Wright - 5%

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Super Smash Bros Fan

Oops, I think I miss understood how nominations worked. Derp. So just ignor my nominations for Day 16, and I'll use my extra 5 Newcomer Nominations today. Sorry for any mix-ups.

Luigi - 100%

Saki - 75%

Of the big 3 (Little Mac, Issac, and him) he is the lowest chances of getting in, but mostly due to not being in a game for a while, but at least he had a cameo in S&P2, either way Sakurai on the Smash Dojo expressed interest in him. I give him a 5.

Predictions:

Wolf - 80% and Phoenix Wright - 7%

Nomiations:
Veterans
Jigglypuff x3
Snake x2

Newcomers
Cadea x5
Issac x5

D

Deleted member

--- said:
@Super Smash Bros Fan

Oops, I think I miss understood how nominations worked. Derp. So just ignor my nominations for Day 16, and I'll use my extra 5 Newcomer Nominations today. Sorry for any mix-ups.
Okay. Just so you don't forget, you only get extra nominations if you are the closest in predicting the overall score of the candidate polled, meaning that tomorrow you only get five nominations.
--- said:
Of the big 3 (Little Mac, Issac, and him) he is the lowest chances of getting in, but mostly due to not being in a game for a while, but at least he had a cameo in S&P2, either way Sakurai on the Smash Dojo expressed interest in him. I give him a 5.
A cameo? Do tell.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Luigi~ 100% The man in green is too iconic to just leave out.

Saki Amimiya~ 42% Firstly, and I see this permeating Smash Boards like a bad odor, Saki does not have the heavenly chances that people seem to think he does. On one hand, people say Ray, Andy, Starfy, etc. have relevancy issues, but then they hold up this stagnant panned franchise and say, "Here! Behold Sin & Punishment! A two-game series with moderately good ratings! He's a shoe-in!" Why, I daresay? Why? Because of how Sakurai worded the Assist Trophy's article? He worded Waluigi's entry with similar praise, yet that lanky freak isn't going to make it in. There's FAR more deserving characters than this one-shot Japan-only protagonist. Want Level 1.

That came out more scathing than I originally thought... But it fits. :)

Nominations:
Veteran- Jigglypuff x5

Newcomer BONUS!!!!! +5
Duck Hunt Dog x4
Victini x1
Skull Kid x5

Also, if possible, I nominated Sturm for the heck of it... but there's really no chance aside from cloning Andy as a cheap newcomer. If you want, I'd prefer it be shifted onto Skull Kid. ;)

Prediction:
Wolf- 83%
Phoenix Wright- 7.5%

Luigi 100% - He's never leaving.

Saki 70% - He's likely. Sakurai thinks he fits in the game and he's also part of nintendo's great history.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Luigi: 100%

Ya try to leave the other Mario Brother? In my dreams.

Saki: 89%

Saki's been one of those awesome Nintendo's and Treasure's characters that I've started to support for Smash after playing his game through. The game's superiously great rail-shooter to appear on N64. How can you topple that?

Moveset would be moderately easy to make, and wouldn't it be fun shooting guys from far away and even deflecting the projectiles with sword inside that gun as well. (-lwl-)
And what's the better Final Smash for him than his gigantic Ruffian-form?
They might model him after his assist trophy animations and moves, and mix it with Zero Suit Samus, perhaps? (in means of speed and weight,)

I know Sakurai seemed like he wanted to put Saki in the best way it could as a fighter, but not it only shows in words, it shows in detail and movement they put on him as an Assist Trophy. Looking now from all those aspects, I'm quite waiting him and Stafy to be codified in SSB4 already as playables.

While I've played S&P2, Isa though was a child in the first game, so maybe it wouldn't make much sense to use Saki's child instead of him. Same goes for Matthew, who's Isaac's son in Golden Sun. (-l_L-);
Which is why it's more ideal to use original protagonists.

BTW, Airan was also being as great and important in that game as Saki, she actually had to go there safe his life when he was in Ruffian-form. I don't mind Airan being a clone of Saki, because it's plausible. (-lvl-)b

Saki gets cheering Deserving from me! (5)
Go Saki! Shoot everything up! In SSB4, I mean.

Nominating:

Newcomers:
x3 Lip
x2 Meowth

Veterans:

x5 Wario

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Saki Amimiya~ 42% Firstly, and I see this permeating Smash Boards like a bad odor, Saki does not have the heavenly chances that people seem to think he does. On one hand, people say Ray, Andy, Starfy, etc. have relevancy issues, but then they hold up this stagnant panned franchise and say, "Here! Behold Sin & Punishment! A two-game series with moderately good ratings! He's a shoe-in!" Why, I daresay? Why? Because of how Sakurai worded the Assist Trophy's article? He worded Waluigi's entry with similar praise, yet that lanky freak isn't going to make it in. There's FAR more deserving characters than this one-shot Japan-only protagonist. Want Level 1.

That came out more scathing than I originally thought... But it fits. :)
I'm not that against Saki - any new franchise characters in SSB4 such as Andy or Starfy I completely support -, but I do agree that two games is not enough to warrant a rep. Two games is barely even a franchise, when you think of it. We had Startropics 1 and Startropics 2: Zoda's Revenge, and that "franchise" never moved on. We had three games in the Kururin series; all that series is even remembered for now is the Helirin assist trophy in Brawl. For all we know, Star Successor was only made to cash in on the original's success on the Virtual Console and was never meant to expand into a full-on franchise.

Although I'm not against Saki and wouldn't mind his inclusion, I'm throwing my support for Isaac, Little Mac, Starfy, and even a Nintendo Wars rep before we get Saki. Especially since I've got this idea for a unique Commanding Officer moveset that doesn't rip off Snake as everyone says a Nintendo Wars character would.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Luigi: 100%, I can't think of a more guaranteed lock among all of the unlockable characters. I mean, the series' title plays homage to him and his brother. Out of all of the clones and semi-clones, he's the one who's moveset bothers me the least, because it wouldn't be right to differentiate him from Mario too much.

Saki: 68%, I would love to see Saki in. He'd contribute an intriguing fighting style and approach to the game, that has only been touched on by his AT and Zero Suit Samus. Along with Little Mac, Isaac, Starfy, and Ray, he deserves a status upgrade. and if (along with a new 3rd Party character), these six franchises where the only new ones to get playable characters, I couldn't be happier. At the same time, out of those five Assist Trophies, he is the second least qualified (after Ray), and an easy debate could be made that he is the least significant of the five to Nintendo's history when you consider Custom Robo's Japanese popularity. At the same time, Sin and Punishment has had much higher respect and acceptance upon its U.S. introduction, so I'd say Saki has more global relevance. But as many have noted, does two games make a worthy franchise? Sakurai seems to think so (Ice Climbers? Pit (at the time)?, Captain Falcon (at the time)?, and most of all Ness and Lucas, who have the least non-Japanese, non-Smash related relevance out of the entire Brawl cast, other than a begging cult community). I shouldn't forget Marth in that statement, who, at the time had yet to reach overseas.

The point is, Saki's situation wouldn't be a first. The cast is dominated by worldwide all-stars, but there will definitely be a couple or three "obscure" characters/franchises represented.

I predict Wolf will get approx 87.5%
Phoenix Wright will get approx 9.15%

I nominate Bowser x5
and Tails x4, Isaac x1

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Finally. Interesting character.

Ok Luigi 100%. I somehow relate the "Bros." in the title to Luigi. But realistically speaking, he's been in EVERY game. And they keep decloning him every passing game. In Brawl they even gave him the new voice. Luigi's Mantion 2 staples his character outside Mario's shadow, so Luigi = returning. (I can't believe I had to write an actual paragraph for someone who is a given anyway).

SAKI:

:)

1.- Sakurai expressed upon his reveal as Assist Trophy, that he would've loved having him playable. That he fits very well with the rest of the Smash Bros. cast. He makes it look like Saki was REALLY close of getting into Brawl as a playable character.

2.- He was an Assist Trophy. "Characters who could've been playable but ultimately weren't".

3.- His game turned into a franchise last year when "The Star Successor" was released.
Sure, Isa Jo, his son, is playable there, but Saki makes a cameo appearance in his Ruffian form. Still I think Saki is the more important character overall, because it was thanks to him that Isa got his mixed ruffian blood to begin with.

4.- Sakurai favors the original character over sequel characters, (as shown in Pokemon Trainer being Red, before being Gold/Ruby/Pearl, or Marth unlocked before Roy, made it in before Ike, etc)

5.- Moveset potential. Not only does he have one heck of a moveset potential, but he even has an obvious Final Smash, in the form of his Ruffian form from the first game.

6.- His game was finally released on the west, shortly after Brawl if I'm not mistaken... Marketing purposes? SAkurai knows he has to cut back a bit on Japan only characters, so I sense he was somehow behind the cause of releasing Sin & Punishment for the VC, so that Saki would become known worldwide. (Now if only he did this with StarTropics for Japan... hmmmm)

Saki's chances. I would say they border the 85% only being at stake because of his son Isa. But not enough to be considered a REAL threat. (Besides, Isa has an eternal jetpack, that would be a tad broken)

Luigi = 100%
Saki = 85%

Can I nominate a character again? If so, I nominate Mike from StarTropics... as much as I am allowed to.

D

Deleted member

Barbasol said:
Firstly, and I see this permeating Smash Boards like a bad odor, Saki does not have the heavenly chances that people seem to think he does. On one hand, people say Ray, Andy, Starfy, etc. have relevancy issues, but then they hold up this stagnant panned franchise and say, "Here! Behold Sin & Punishment! A two-game series with moderately good ratings! He's a shoe-in!" Why, I daresay? Why? Because of how Sakurai worded the Assist Trophy's article? He worded Waluigi's entry with similar praise, yet that lanky freak isn't going to make it in. There's FAR more deserving characters than this one-shot Japan-only protagonist
The franchise is under no condition panned. Both games are highly critically acclaimed for their quality (The sequel has a 87 on Metacritic, great for a Wii game). Also, plenty of one or two-game series have gotten in. F-zero, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Ice Climbers, Gyromite/Stacker, you get the gist. Finally, there is more going for his inclusion then the Assist Trophy wording.

Edit: @shinhed-echi: You can nominate Mike Jones up to five times per day until he gets On-Deck.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The franchise are under no condition panned. Both games are highly critically acclaimed for their quality (The sequel has a 87 on Metacritic, great for a Wii game). Also, plenty of one or two-game series have gotten in. F-zero, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Ice Climbers, Gyromite/Stacker, you get the gist. Finally, there is more going for his inclusion then the Assist Trophy wording.

Edit: @shinhed-echi: You can nominate Mike Jones up to five times per day until he gets On-Deck.
Heh, what he said. Pit had TWO games. And no, the new sequel had not been planned yet until AFTER Brawl.

And done. I nominate Mike five times.

D

Deleted member

Hey shinhed-echi, before you leave, where is the cameo appearance of Saki in the sequel?

Top Bottom