• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Read THIS before asking how to do something - Terms and Advanced Tech

Haze01

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe this has been mentioned yet, but proper use of Mario and Luigi's down B moves will result in extra height. Quite useful when coming back to the ledge. After pressing down B, you pretty much just mash the B button. You can only do it once during the time spent in the air, so if you use it and then get hit without touching ground, you won't be able to use it again.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Thanks Metroid.
Moogle, tell me what you mean by all the dashing stuff!!!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Since I didn't see it on there....

Sex Kick - A term uses for a Aerial Neutral A attack that happens to be a kick.

Not much, but some forget this fun little term.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...Uh...for the sake of younger minds out there...I'm not gonna care. :laugh:
I'll go update...

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Dashing. What I think you want to know is this.
When running for a while, if you try to stop or turn around, your character will skid a little bit as he tries to slow down. This is especially obvious with luigi.
But if you turn around in the first initial dash, you character won't bother needing to slow down. This allows you to chain this first dash together, creating a dash dance. It doesn't do anything special, but it's intimidating and can be used for mindgames.

walugi

Smash Apprentice
rok: I think it depends on how you connect not how often you connect. So, no, I don't think it gets weaker the more you use it.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yes actually, it does. If you hit with the first part of Mario's sex kick, you get this satisfying boom sound, but if it's out for like, 2 seconds, you get something along the lines of a tap. I think there's only two levels of power though, unlike in Melee.

Sensei

Smash Lord
rok: I think it depends on how you connect not how often you connect. So, no, I don't think it gets weaker the more you use it.
If you use the same attack consecutively, it will get weaker the more time you use it. However, the amount of damage given does not go below a certain percentage.

Wenbobular said:
Yes actually, it does. If you hit with the first part of Mario's sex kick, you get this satisfying boom sound, but if it's out for like, 2 seconds, you get something along the lines of a tap. I think there's only two levels of power though, unlike in Melee.
That is right, I think there are only two levels of power. I'm too lazy to check it out though.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
Something new that i think should be put in.
After doing a up-b so that you are falling, unable to do anything, holding down will allow you to fall directly through platforms as if they weren't there. You need to be able to normally go through the platform if you press down though.

Example: Take mario to hyrule, go to the 2nd highest platform, and up-b in the direction of the highest one (where players respawn). Hold down, and you should fall through that and the platform below it.
I would provide a video, but i don't know how to tape it on my computer. Sorry

I guess a good name for it could be ghosting? As far as i know there is no name for it so far.

A good use for it would be escaping from enemies above you.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Since Samus cannot change directions when doing Up+B, if you're at a reasonable altitude use her Charge Shot in reverse to face the direction of the ledge.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Hmm...I must be very inattentative :laugh:
If there is anything else I missed, just comment and I'll edit.

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
What about Jigg's and Samus' special dash tactics? >_>.....Ness' extended second jump....mmhh.....neutral A->throw moves....mmmhh..>_>,,,,

platinum kirby

Smash Apprentice
Or Crouch cancelling....Fox's SHed double laser.....shine cancelling....DK's Punch Cancelling....Kirby's dashing cutter.....>_>......platform dropping with Z instead of down double tap......>_>,,,,,Infinite Throw Trap....Extended quick attack....>_>..... ........

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
And some sort of explanation please...
...Haha, I'm so inept. Someone else with more knowledge probably should have dont this instead...:laugh:

rokimomi

Smash Lord
Yes. Pivoting works. I use it for jabs but you need to be relatively close to the opponant to not allow the full dash to take place. You could also Side smash or side tilt.

Cerrax

Smash Rookie
I noticed that the author does not know the difference between intial dashdance and regular dashdance. Initial dashdance is just as said, where the character can run back and forth by activating the initial dash before the dash animation loops.

A regular dashdance can be done at any time. There is a very small window (one or two frames) when a character is considered to be in a neutral position, meaning that if you choose to smash the stick in the opposite direction, the character will not slow down and turn around. They will instead break right into an initial dash in the opposite driection, significantly increasing the reaction time of the character.

Learning to spot this small window in the dash animation can be vital to more advanced techniques. An example would be if a character dashes towards and opponent and the opponent (Lets say its Link) throws a bomb at teh character. If the dashdance isn't done, the character will skid a little and then turn the other way. The likelyhood that the bomb will hit them is high. If the dashdance is executed, the character will immediately run away, avoiding the bomb.

Dancin Jesus

Smash Apprentice
what would be great is if u explained how to do ness and yoshis taunt cancel i can't figure out how to do it soo good.

Top Bottom