• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recording Staff at APEX 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
I had to leave before the final day last time, so I couldn't really record much, but I'll be staying the full time this year, so count me in JuggleRob!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not really it does not hurt anything. Just bring your systems and your recording setups and we are fine.
for those whose wii's disc reader has found an early grave, USB loading/backup loading has become a simple way to help the ever present setup scarcity at tourneys since 2003. with hacks disabled, this isn't possible anymore. unless you expect us to just play and play dumb about a USB drive being connected to a wii at a smash tourney

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
at this point i'll take all i can. i only ask ppl to be discreet and turn off all hacks

0Room

Smash Lord
If I'm going [which I'm 90% sure I am] I'll have a recording set up
Though I'll probably be playing more than recording :/

So I can provide the means but not necessarily the whole thing

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
put me down for another recording setup, pretty sure i can record two tvs at the same time if they're next to each other.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i hate to be redundant, but just so im clear.

Wiis hacked only to allow replays over 3 minutes, is that a yes or a no?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I believe Alex Strife said it's a no, but you'll have to confirm with him.

CORRECTION: just heard that Nintendo's attendance is de-confirmed, which means Wii hacks are no longer a legal issue... so yes, you should be allowed to have replay hacks on.

Eclipsing Binary

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy to offer my set-up for this if you guys want me to. I get pretty decent quality on my laptop. Let me know if it's needed.

Either way, I fully support the idea of recording as much as possible, so I'll be there trying to catch all the good friendlies if you guys have the bracket covered. :)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Alright, added Keitaro for Brawl and arbustos + Eclipsing Binary for Melee.

Either way, I fully support the idea of recording as much as possible, so I'll be there trying to catch all the good friendlies if you guys have the bracket covered. :)
I definitely want you on board to record some bracket matches. Our goal is 16 different recording setups at that time so we can record virtually all bracket matches... and we're not quite there yet!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I might try and help if you guys can't gather 16 people for Brawl. The only issue is that my laptop with all of the videoediting software is broken right now, but it wouldn't be too difficult to install on an older computer.

M@v

Subarashii!
I meant to post here a while ago, but sign me up for a brawl setup. Samples of my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TgsMaverick/videos

I also saw that we are allowed to have hacks, so I will record to my SD card with infinite replay so there is no chance of running out of room. After I do that, I record the replays using my recording setup, which saves everything to a USB flash drive, ready to upload to youtube. Recording over the replays is easier for me because it guarantees that recordings wont go over you tube's limits, and it saves me time in the long run by not having to go in and make sure every single video is separated properly. I have syllabus week right after APEX, so I wont be busy at all. So Ill be able to get videos up very quickly.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Put me down for Brawl recording.

How do people plan to get these games recorded? I see people leave their station recording the entire time, but I doubt I can go through a 12 hour video of games and be able to figure out who is who, especially at a national. My current plan is to record anything I direct or see happening at my station while I am around, and if I'm not hopefully a note I leave on my station will get people to hit Record/Stop.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Anyone applying for recording: If you have a history of dropped frames, desynchronized audio, NO SOUND, corrupted video, we cannot afford to take that chance (especially with bracket matches). Please apply only if you haven't ever had problems with recording footage.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Given that I've been recording since 2007 and experimenting with video settings all the time, I've got instances of all those happening to me over the years :S

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
CORRECTION: just heard that Nintendo's attendance is de-confirmed, which means Wii hacks are no longer a legal issue... so yes, you should be allowed to have replay hacks on.
That's unfortunate.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can record 2 set ups. 1 with my laptop and the other with my phone.

my phone has 720p quality

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Given that I've been recording since 2007 and experimenting with video settings all the time, I've got instances of all those happening to me over the years :S
Considering all youve done thus far, I think its safe to say that you are above the rules on this one.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Nintendo will be there Sunday for the most part but beyond that ya we need to do a lot to get them to come in general

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Nintendo will be there Sunday for the most part but beyond that ya we need to do a lot to get them to come in general
I could make a video for them with everything that happens on friday and saturday

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
what program do you use to make vids?

can i see some samples of your work

sorry i need people who do this for a living to make the recap vids.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I use pinnacle studios 14 but I don't have anything I could show you

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Put me down for Brawl recording.

How do people plan to get these games recorded? I see people leave their station recording the entire time, but I doubt I can go through a 12 hour video of games and be able to figure out who is who, especially at a national. My current plan is to record anything I direct or see happening at my station while I am around, and if I'm not hopefully a note I leave on my station will get people to hit Record/Stop.
The main focus will be to record the first couple rounds of both winners and losers bracket. You'll be expected to monitor your own recording setup for at least that period of time. After the first couple rounds of bracket, things become more flexible; it then becomes the responsibility of recording staff members to proactively seek out top players and direct them to their own recording setup. So if you're up for recording more, then you have the power to make that happen.

I can record 2 set ups. 1 with my laptop and the other with my phone.

my phone has 720p quality
Which game? I'm putting you down as a Brawl recorder for now.

Will there be a standard channel or upload format? Or can everyone just do their own thing and then post the links?
Everyone uploads to their own YouTube channel. I feel like this is a necessary incentive to record more matches at the tourney; the more proactive recording staff members are rewarded with the opportunity to record more matches and publicize their YouTube channels more. I'm gonna send out a PM to everyone sometime before New Years asking for their email, YouTube channel name, and what the standard labeling format is going to be... then I'll organize everything accordingly for the Apex 2012 videos thread.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I might have to back out for both games since my Wii setup is being used for the livestream.

What's The Point

Smash Master
The main focus will be to record the first couple rounds of both winners and losers bracket. You'll be expected to monitor your own recording setup for at least that period of time. After the first couple rounds of bracket, things become more flexible; it then becomes the responsibility of recording staff members to proactively seek out top players and direct them to their own recording setup. So if you're up for recording more, then you have the power to make that happen.
That works. It was after I posted that I noticed there will be a separate section of recording (tournament) set ups. I'd stick around for a few hours but I wouldn't want to stay the whole time. After awhile I, or others, can tell other recording staff people "That's my set up over there, do X whenever people play a tournament match and do Y when they finish?"

M@v

Subarashii!
Juggle, I had some issues with recording replays this weekend(SD card got corrupted somehow, so i couldn't record replays), so what I'm going to do at this to prevent that is record the matches live like I used to before infinite replay existed to prevent that from happening. My recording setup itself has a flawless record; this screw up was because of the SD card itself, a step that can be completely circumvented. Basically my setup records straight from the tv to a USB flash drive, where it can then be immediately saved on a computer.

I will ask people on my setups to save the replays as well, that way I have a double security net in case one method fails. If everyone else doing brawl can have infinite replay on/do live recording at the same time as a double safeguard, please do so!

yoshq

Smash Master
I'll be bringing two laptop-less recording setups. They don't really require monitoring, just checking to see if they're still going every once in awhile.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
What if we are in the tournament during the first couple of rounds. Do we have to monitor our stuff then?

:phone:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I can provide at least one recording setup. I can probably provide two.

Both for Melee, and I have enough hard drive space (and I'm space-efficient enough with the videos) to where I could just leave the setups to record through pretty much the entire duration of the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom