• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recording Staff at APEX 2012!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshq

Smash Master
I can provide at least one recording setup. I can probably provide two.

Both for Melee, and I have enough hard drive space (and I'm space-efficient enough with the videos) to where I could just leave the setups to record through pretty much the entire duration of the tournament.
Ditto... I kinda just assumed this is what most people would do. It's too time consuming to start and stop.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Juggle, I had some issues with recording replays this weekend(SD card got corrupted somehow, so i couldn't record replays), so what I'm going to do at this to prevent that is record the matches live like I used to before infinite replay existed to prevent that from happening. My recording setup itself has a flawless record; this screw up was because of the SD card itself, a step that can be completely circumvented. Basically my setup records straight from the tv to a USB flash drive, where it can then be immediately saved on a computer.

I will ask people on my setups to save the replays as well, that way I have a double security net in case one method fails. If everyone else doing brawl can have infinite replay on/do live recording at the same time as a double safeguard, please do so!
Got your PM, thanks for the heads up. This should work out fine, especially since Alex Strife gave the okay for infinite replay hacks.

I can provide at least one recording setup. I can probably provide two.

Both for Melee, and I have enough hard drive space (and I'm space-efficient enough with the videos) to where I could just leave the setups to record through pretty much the entire duration of the tournament.
Awesome. Added.

^Same with Tai on the recording setups! etc...
Awesome. Added.

Ditto... I kinda just assumed this is what most people would do. It's too time consuming to start and stop.
Yeah, this is what most people do. I'd probably ask everyone to stop and start back up their recordings right before bracket begins, though. I've seen way too many instances of "someone messed with my recording device and some footage was corrupted when I checked at the end of the day" ... this way we'll at the very least have the bracket stuff safely preserved.

What if we are in the tournament during the first couple of rounds. Do we have to monitor our stuff then?

:phone:
The way we're organizing things, you'll be able to know exactly who played on your recording setup, so this should be fine. With the staggered bracket schedule for the first two rounds, you should only be "missing" one set played on your recording setup anyway.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, this is what most people do. I'd probably ask everyone to stop and start back up their recordings right before bracket begins, though. I've seen way too many instances of "someone messed with my recording device and some footage was corrupted when I checked at the end of the day" ... this way we'll at the very least have the bracket stuff safely preserved.
It's almost like you speak from personal experience! :troll:

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I'll try to see if can help in this, but my cap card has problems recording audio and atm trying to fix that. I hate it when the most amazing matches are played and no one saves it or records it. I'll definately do melee and maybe Brawl.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I have a recording setup which I'm bringing and can be used for any game, Melee, Brawl or whatever.

Shouldn't there be a little list for 64? I'd love to use my setup for the 64 tourney.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I have a recording setup which I'm bringing and can be used for any game, Melee, Brawl or whatever.

Shouldn't there be a little list for 64? I'd love to use my setup for the 64 tourney.
I'll probably be around for this since I'm entering 64 singles and you're right. Last apex had amazing 64 matches.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'll try to see if can help in this, but my cap card has problems recording audio and atm trying to fix that. I hate it when the most amazing matches are played and no one saves it or records it. I'll definately do melee and maybe Brawl.
Let me know if you get it fixed asap. If you're still having trouble by the time Apex rolls around, I can still put you down as a secondary recorder.

i should know sometime within the week about whether or not i can get two.
Sounds good, let me know.

Our main priority right now is still the first two rounds of Melee bracket + Brawl bracket. I'm guessing 64 will take care of itself due to the relatively small bracket. In any case, I'll start a list for 64 and put you down for that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I wish to be a 2ndary recorder. I plan to just record crew battles between character boards that the Ike boards will face and MMs, but I can record my pool too..

This is for brawl of course.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
ok everything is now fine with my stuff. I can record audio now as along as the tv has a headphone jack.

Edit: Also I'll probably be strict with what I record. I refuse to record any friendlies and I will only record bracket matches or money matches.

LLDL

Smash Hero
I think he means all-brawl, the side event. And you would be responsible to direct the players to your setup.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
You can do that on your own since All Brawl is happening on Friday, when there's no normal Brawl. Take charge and direct players to your setup, whether it's your own pool or bracket matches.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
snuggleguy
i would like to record any sets i play in my round 1 pool if possible
is there any way the stations can be worked out for that?

additionally i said earlier i can only bring 1 recording setup; i only have 1 set of splitters so unless there's a tv with an output i can't really use my second dazzle.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kk. We'll test stuff out on Friday to make sure nothing messes up.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
HELPPPPP

I got a new laptop that is Windows 7 64 bit...however my dazzle 170 doesn't work because there's no USB driver released for it. Can anyone get me a 3rd party driver that is compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom