• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
it's funny how people still complain about Ness. and how they dont search this thread.

*see sig*

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Who's complaining? I just made a few statements, I don't really care if Ness gets moved down to the bottom or moved up to the top, I'm just saying you can screw him out of a recovery by jumping into his PK thunder.

P.S. No what in hell am I searching 29 pages for the reason Ness is where is he, as I said before I don't really care about his position.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
im guessing you dont know how to search. there's a button that says, "Search this Thread."

btw, there are only 8 pages, for me.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
peach's turnips will save him....
samus charge shot, depends on if he's using his sheild or not (most likely no) so then yes, that'll work

and yes, jumping into his pk thunder hurts him...but it's very risky sometimes
If Peach's turnip hits Ness's PK thunder, he will die. Same with Samus's charge shot, missiles, and any other projectile. Why would it save him? :confused:

I'll killed Ness with G&W's SAUSAGE, more than once. Sausage hits PK thunder, death.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they can cancel out his pk thunder???, i didn't know they could, ok, so he dies frmo them..but if they hit him and not the pk thunder...you gave him another chance to come back

Wrath`

Smash Master
Stupid question alert:what makes you high up on the recover list.

AS for ness,who is one of my mains.If you get hit by his up b whiel he is in the air he goes into freefall.He dosnt get to launch it again.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
We all know that, but eaten thunder isn't so bad.

Enough Ness discussion (I cant believe I said that) since he is fine where he is. Like I said, I may have to bring out the wall of text again.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Do it, do it, DO IT!!!

if you're worried about eaten thunder, just use inverse PKT2.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never knew that a turnip can take away his up b, like hit the thunder thing without hitting ness

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Gimme please

We all know that, but eaten thunder isn't so bad.

Enough Ness discussion (I cant believe I said that) since he is fine where he is. Like I said, I may have to bring out the wall of text again.
I want a good read, bring it out and enlighten me. This isn't sarcasm just so you know, I wish I knew how to make this sound less sarcastic, oh well....

Maybe he is where he is because the eaten thunder thing was already considered.

pdk

Smash Lord
Stupid question alert:what makes you high up on the recover list.
covering a HUEG distance (vertical and horizontal) and/or being versatile enough that a monkey can't just wait on the edge then knock you off without having to guess where you'll try to go

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
If this is on recovery ability, I concur. However if this factors a characters ability to get on to an edge despite any situation, ytf isn't Link farther up?Up+b into a bomb into an Up+b, or a grapple into an up+b, or boomerang jump(lol), and I thinks it's Germ's super recovery, which includes wall teching, bombs, and Up+b. Link needs rep peeps!
I main Falco and he is just where he should be : )

pdk

Smash Lord
that leaves you almost as wide open as pk thunder does, that's why

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok, so we're moving on to YL?

to use his super jump (which ever one: see hookshoot frenzy) you have to throw it backwards. which is turning around. so you cant grapple. anways, that doesnt work on v1.2.

he is very vulnerable from above, easily spiked.

bomb jump is very situational, seldom is it useful; also, if you make a mistake, *insert young link's 'waaauuugghhh!!' sound here*

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i think link and y. link's recoveries were too high, i hate them, they don't seem to go as far as people say they do when i use them

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
also, bombjump makes you loose so much height that it is only useful if you are high u, and his ^B gives him enough ditsnce to do that, along with a hookshot.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Unless if you tech into a wall jump, and when did I say YL?I said Link
A few points: 1)If im playing Ness I win anyway, so factor out PK thunder
2)U can super jump on all versions, you grapple, pull up, throw a bomb in the air, up+b into it juuuust right, wall tech into a wall jump, then Up+B
3)Using a bomb for a second spin gives you a lot of altitude actually, about 1.4-1.6 a normal recovery
4)Mood, y do u hate Link's and yl's recoveries are too high?They are versatile.
EVERYONE wath some Germ Link vids on recovery.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Unless if you tech into a wall jump, and when did I say YL?I said Link
A few points: 1)If im playing Ness I win anyway, so factor out PK thunder
2)U can super jump on all versions, you grapple, pull up, throw a bomb in the air, up+b into it juuuust right, wall tech into a wall jump, then Up+B
3)Using a bomb for a second spin gives you a lot of altitude actually, about 1.4-1.6 a normal recovery
4)Mood, y do u hate Link's and yl's recoveries are too high?They are versatile.
EVERYONE wath some Germ Link vids on recovery.
I don't main link, but I thought the super jump had something to do with throwing a boomerang and grabbing the edge, and didn't work in all versions?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i always have, it doesn't go that far, they get hit, they're dead, it's not the hardest thing in the world to edgegaurd, it's also very easy to edgehog link, link almost always sweetspots the ledge

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Oops, sry, I didn't mean super jump, i meant super recovery.
Hookshot, take out a bomb and throw it up, use up+b into the bomb so it hits you into the stage, tech into a wall jump, then up+b

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
I have been hit with rest by my friend's Jigglypuff when I was doing falco's phantasm.
Just to point out how lame falco's recovery is.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
nice. kudos to your friend.

as for the super recovery, you might as well just wall jump off your hookshot jump, then go straight into a spin attack.

otg

Smash Master
Sorry for reviving a dead topic, but I'm going to have to agree with whoever said that Dr.Mario is too low on the list. His actual recovering distance is awesome if done properly. I've gotten back from some pretty ridiculous distances, and yes his recovery is predictable to a degree, but Doc's recovery is almost PURE offense. If someone tries to interrupt, Doc can cape, or shoot a pill or even use the Tornado to wade off enemies. Shooting pills as I recovered has single handily saved my stock hundreds, if not thousands of times. Plus if someone is edge hogging, you can use Tornado to stall as they roll onto the stage, or if your high enough you could shoot a pill at them as they hang from the ledge, and than stage spike them with Doc's Up B! It's happened to me a whole bunch of time, and your enemy fearing the stage spike will be just a little bit more careful about trying to edge hog you.

Overall, Doc has a pretty versatile recovery, with a lot of options, and although it can get predictable, is very useful and can be hard to punish. Bump him up!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
But better than Mario, Falco, and Captain Falcon? Nope. Doc's fine where he is right now, he's lucky he's not 26th :p

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
But better than Mario, Falco, and Captain Falcon? Nope. Doc's fine where he is right now, he's lucky he's not 26th :p
56K of all people, have you seen 18spikes recover. Doc has a decent recovery, most of you just have never seen a good doc player play.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I don't know, as a Falco player I must say his recovery sucks quite a bit
True, but his side B is great for recovering quickly and sweetspotting if you need to, plus he can shine and double jump to stop his momentum.

56K of all people, have you seen 18spikes recover. Doc has a decent recovery, most of you just have never seen a good doc player play.
Nope, I've never even seen spikes play in person lol.

So what makes Doc's recovery better than any of the 24 characters above him? >.>

otg

Smash Master
Doc definitely lacks a good enough recovery to move up significantly, but he can recover from a longer distance than Falco, who is almost always a guarenteed kill if he's sent out far enough. I would say Mario's recovery is better than Doc's (although he doesn't have a good stage spike option like Doc... to my knowledge at least), and both of them should be moved up past Luigi.

Falcon's recovery might be his biggest flaw, Falco's IMO is the second worst (only failing to Roy), and Luigi's recovery is almost based on luck of a misfire because his green missile isn't always usable and his UpB has ZERO horizontal recovery. Even though Luigi's tornado is better than both Mario's, it requires impossible button mashing to be super effective.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Regarding your argument about tornado mashing to stall an edgehog: Say they edgehog, and you mash. What if they simply drop from the ledge, jump and re-grab to retain invul frames?

56K: so you're from MN, but you have a Packers sig? Huh?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
yoshi's recovery is overrated, basically, if he's hit out of his jump, he's screwed, which puts all of ganon's and roy's (see, he's good at something) air moves on that list, along with the shines, multi-hitting aerials, falco's blaster, sheik's needles, and meteors (that send down), and once he's hit, he's not coming back

ness can gaurd an edgegaurded, also he can take revenge before he dies, i did this on my friend's mewtwo, he meteor'd me when i was at like 160%, i cancelled it before i died, then i hit him out of his second jump and he died right after (then he quit saying that i didn't hit him even though he was flying around with sparks, he also didn't htink i could cancel mewtwo's dair)

g&w has amazing recovery, it wasn't that low

and please when you refer to me, say it mood4food, cause that's what it is

Get your facts right. Yoshi is impervious during his double jump unless he's at pretty high %

Top Bottom