• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Red's movements.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
In stages such as Halberd where the background is of the moving ship what would the Pokemon Trainer (Red) do, and in Rumble Falls would he fly up or something or would he magically swing from vines? In the bridge stage where it crumbles what does he do if he's standing on the part that crumbles?
When you loose a stock with a pokemon does he start to flash too? During the victory poses does he do something or is it all the pokemon? Does he have a taunt too? Will he have a voice? If your in a four player match and you loose first does he walk out or does he stay behind to observe the fight? In Smashville would he interact with the villagers or ignore them?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Unfortunately, the lack of a playable PT at E for All makes of your questions impossible to answer. :ohwell:

PT will probably stay on the sidelines, since most stages do have platforms. Remember, it's a 3D environment with a 2D perspective.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Still it's fun to speculate. I think he will have a different taunt to go along with each pokemon which will all also have their own taunts. Also with the victory poses it will have him interacting with either all his pokemon or the pokemon he used last.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
In stages such as Halberd where the background is of the moving ship what would the Pokemon Trainer (Red) do, and in Rumble Falls would he fly up or something or would he magically swing from vines? In the bridge stage where it crumbles what does he do if he's standing on the part that crumbles?
from what I've seen so far, red seems to stand directly behind his pokemon, implying that he moves along with them. I suppose he would jump along with his pokemon, and if they fall down, he falls down and gets regenerated with them. or perhaps he doesn't, and during moving stages, he just jumps around a lot. or, he could just suffer of "tails" syndrome, and dies on a regular basis, but is regenerated behind his pokemon a second later.

When you loose a stock with a pokemon does he start to flash too?
red is simply in the background, so when his pokemon lose a stock, he'll probably just look down for a second, until his pokemon is regenerated.

During the victory poses does he do something or is it all the pokemon?
since red himself is the character, I guess most of his poses will involve only himself, but I'm sure at least one of the poses will involve his pokemon.

Does he have a taunt too?
of course he should.

Will he have a voice?
he should, but I dont know they will pull it off. it would take a bit too long to say "squirtle, use waterfall!" or heck, just plain "waterfall!" and have squirtle do it directly after. he will most likely say a couple of grunts, motivational phrases, and victory speeches though. it would be pretty cool if he said different switching-out phrases depending on his condition (ex. "your foe's weak, get 'em charizard!" for when opponent is at a high percentage.),

If your in a four player match and you loose first does he walk out or does he stay behind to observe the fight?
he'll probably just look down, stomp the ground, or some other angry/emo thing and disappear ala nana.

In Smashville would he interact with the villagers or ignore them?
y'know, that would actually be pretty cool if he did. I could see some easter eggs involving smashville and the trainer, such as the villagers comforting him if he loses a 3-4 player match early, or him occasionally buying items from crazy redd/tom nook.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Red most certainly should not have a voice. Barring in Fight switch dialog he has 0-1 lines in Red/Green/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal. Red just goes "..." in Gold/Silver and has one line with Mimic Girl.

He'll probably have taunts with his Pokemon, but the Pokemon will taunt with him (3 taunts per Pokemon + 3 taunts to Trainer).

When your Pokemon is KO'd Trainer should faint (Black out).

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i don't think he should talk. i think the most he should say is 1 word phrases like "go!"
or yeah like someone said he'd just have grunts.
for some reason i imagine his voice being like roy's in melee.

i'm interested in seeing the animations.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
yeah roy's voice is pretty high pitched anyway.
the halberd idea sounds really complex, i guess we'll just have to wait and see.
as for rumble falls, i think he might just stay on the platforms and just jump to each one to follow the pokemon. or like someone said he'll be on a pigeot.

man thinking of incorporating him is tough.
like in pokemon stadium, will he be floating around when it's the flying type setting? lol.
we'll see. we'll see.

Darkurai

Smash Master
In Castle Siege, he should fall underground and land in a bloody mess.

I've nothing against him, that would just be ****ING AWESOME.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Red better not be voiced by Ash's new voice actress. Seriously. Give him a male voice actor or Ash's first voice actress, Veronica Taylor. I'll respond to the rest of the questionnaire later, but Red's voice is going to be really important for me. I love dubs, but I cannot stand Ash's new voice.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Red better not be voiced by Ash's new voice actress. Seriously. Give him a male voice actor or Ash's first voice actress, Veronica Taylor. I'll respond to the rest of the questionnaire later, but Red's voice is going to be really important for me. I love dubs, but I cannot stand Ash's new voice.
feh. I'm possibly the only person on earth who prefers the pokemon USA dub than the 4kids dub. well, really because I hate all that is 4kids. keep 4kids AWAY from this game.:mad:

they should just get a male voice actor, kinda like pit's speaking voice at the end of this video.

speaking of speaking, there seriously needs to be more dialouge in the subspace emissary. it just feels bland without it.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
halberd solution-floating platform.
rumble falls-same platform.
talking-no, he will have subtitles, look at the final smash thing.

these are my views on practicale solutions to confuseing questions.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
XD getting shot by the cannon. Gah having to wait till Feb to figure out what he does in all those stages =\

squiser

Smash Apprentice
Staying true to the smash "concept", Red will probably turn into a trophy where he was last standing if all his stocks are gone ::)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
what about picto chat? where the hell will he be there? what about flatzone? (assuming it returns) delfino plaza? will he fall in castle siege? what if he's standing on the part of th bridge that falls in Eldin? what if you switch pokemon in the air?

ohh, and error alt delete, he's already shown on rumble falls, not on a separate platform.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
in norfair I forsee a problem if nobody noticed. it would be rather bad if red were vaporized by lava, the whoever posted about getting shot with the halberd, or even the Devil AT, Red is definently in for an adventure

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
for the flying stages like Halberd he should have one of those platforms that is risin from the ground and it would rise or fall depending on the stage movement.

in the elite four Ash had one of those except it was just stationary.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
1. i hope there are a lot of references to the pok'emon GAMES and not the TV SHOW (not that i don't like the show, but this isn't ash, it's red, and there should be more emphasis on the games)

2. i have faith nintendo will make his being in the background work well

3. i want a pok'emon center level

supermarioshell

Smash Apprentice
You have no time to ponder such questions, as pokemon trainer just grabbed a smash ball!

Wait, no. Its just the pokemon having threesome. Figures.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
maybe a platform would come when lava risies and when the level flies and stuff o-O

Samus543

Smash Apprentice
:veryconfu
What's/Who's a Neo?

But I'm sure video game characters still 'feel' pain.
Neo is the main charecte rin the matrix. you should check it out, as it is good.

Here is my question:

How would he survive/breathe in the Star Fox level? In fact, how does anyone?
Only Samus(so far) can survive in vacuum.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman

Neo is the main charecte rin the matrix. you should check it out, as it is good.

Here is my question:

How would he survive/breathe in the Star Fox level? In fact, how does anyone?
Only Samus(so far) can survive in vacuum.

have u seen that show on nick that kid goes to space 24/7 and he doesnt even wear anything

Top Bottom