• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded 5 Gaming Festival - $90K in Prizes! 16/1/10

Alzi

Smash Master
Ant is awesome. How come DJBrowny didn't enter Ant? I bet he was afraid.

Congrats on winning Earl. Poor Tibs he always comes second in big things like these. :(

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah gratz to earl he played way better for a lot of the matches...

It all turned around when I got stage spiked on frigate by the stage flip at like 20% *sigh*

yeah hopefully next time alzi

zApollo

Smash Ace
Is Earl using ZSS like a boss would?
Lol, that was my job. But then I used snake against earl and still got *****. Still came fourth though ^.^

Congrats to tibs and earl for making it into the finals, and a big well done to Earl for winning the singles finals. And tedeth your wario is a beast xD

Not sure on how the doubles went out, left when Luke and Teddy were in the finals and it was Earl and Nicks vs. Tibs and Dan in the loser's semifinals.

EDIT: FRIENDLIES TOMORROW. I'm available after 12pm, so I won't be able to come to the items doubles. If you guys wanna meet again at the LAN that's great, but whatever.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Ok, people need to understand that ant DOES have a very good (pun intended, I don't care) Snake. He just hardly ever uses it (pun intended as well if you want it to be).

I have utterly no idea why djb didn't enter the singles Alzi. He was there a little late during signups, but he just refused to enter singles. Make of that what you will.

Doubles:
1: Elysium (Luke & Ted). Won the final set pretty easily. Excellent team.
2: Tibs & Djb
3: Nicks & Earl
4: Apollo & Metanova (god our teams failed so much).

zApollo

Smash Ace
Hurrah, congrats Luke and Ted. Keeping your name on the top in the doubles ^.^

And yes Nova, we failed horrendously in teams. We have much to learn.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Hurrah, congrats Luke and Ted. Keeping your name on the top in the doubles ^.^

And yes Nova, we failed horrendously in teams. We have much to learn.
lawl. Least we were amused the whole time. Best SA tourney ever. That Olimar D-throw to Snake N-air was classic. We need to learn combos like that. Awesome. :p

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
tibor lost to earl? hahahahahaha

evidently losing his touch without a wii to practice daily on. and i was waiting next to my phone for a call for help, but it never came. dw tibi, im coming home soon!

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Congratulations to Earl and Tibs for making it to the finals. Can't wait to see those matches.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Unrelated note: I won some random GoldenEye tournament and I haven't played the game in at least 6 years. wtf. >_>

I don't think I've said it yet, but congratulations Earl, Tibs, and Ted on singles. Congrats, Luke/Ted, Tibs/djb & Earl/Nicks in doubles.

I THINK the rankings (top 5 or so) roughly went like this:

Singles:
1: Earl (MK)
2: Tibs (Diddy Kong)
3: Tedeth (Wolf, Wario)
4: Apollo (ZSS, Snake)
5: Nova (Sheik, Snake)
6: Ant (Snake)
6: Hybrid (Falco, MK)

Ugh, full results will be posted by Jamage I imagine. But yeah, urgh, I'm tired. Probably wrong as well; If I am, get over it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Luke beat ant in ganon dittos making him the 3rd best ganon in the world!

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ahahahahahaha, I remember ages ago Ant bragging about himself being the best Ganon in Aus, what a joke.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so i here tibor ***** ted, and then ted was again ***** by earl. looks like we're learning, ted. sorry it took so long. well done earl, seems that you're doing well. need a good mk at home to keep me on my toes.

and diddy's grab release to spike on wario is sdi-able, is it not?

earla

Smash Lord
cheers for the tourney. gratz to nicks, ted, tibz, luke, djb.

heard people are getting there at 12-1 tommorow. in the schedule it says doubles starts at 10 am. should we meet up then?

Melbourne. Represent.

Ant1

Smash Ace
yeah lol hotdog, but that was ages ago. Things change.

sadface at my double suicide v apollo with snake. I mean i don't care about brawl, but that was lame.

Still have yet to play u tibs and ted. Grats to earl. Now back to watching the hills have eyes :)

earla

Smash Lord
nicks and i gona leave around 10ish. mayb get tehre at 11?

no1's replied and told us if 2v2 with items starts as listed on schedule. think ted told nicks it starts at like 12? haha

if so plz hold up for a hour if it does start at 10.

cheers

tibs7

Smash Champion
So on the schedule is says 10?

Edit: shaya I said quit brawl coz the way to win these days is to be campy which I'm not a fan of that is all

earla

Smash Lord
yeah mate. u al wana meet up round 11 or so? surely they wudn't start without al of us there :)

edit: just spoke to djb. they'll wait for us. get there in a hour or so

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but they have some rule about winners not being able to take doubles out twice, I'm positive I read this somewhere. I'll try and find the quote.

I'm not arriving until like 12-1, then I'm completely free.

swordsaint said:
DJb said he wasn't entering cos he wanted to play in the Goldeneye tournament.
...What? Nicks, Apollo and me (I won it fss) all participated in that GoldenEye tournament as well as singles. -_-

I had like 7 hours sleep. Bwhahahaha. Ugh.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah earl can you pick us up? like at where we left you yesterday?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
OK.. one final update, and I've got to say this is very generous of Wookie, but he has decided to match the cash from the AVCON/EVAC Cash for the Saturday comp

So basically, there's now $600 going to Smash comps, which also means its going to be subsidised by the PC side as I doubt we will get 60 players to pay for the comp

So as it stands now

1v1
1st $200
2nd $100

2v2 pro
1st $100
2nd $50

2v2 with items
1st $100
2ns $50

to make it fair, we will be adding a clause that a team can only win cash for one of the two 2v2 comps. Entry will not be blocked, but if the winning team in the second 2v2 comp won on the saturday, the cash prize will drop down to second place/third place as an example
There's the quote. Regardless, me & Apollo will be there around 12 - 1, have super fun with items, guys. ^_^

Ant1

Smash Ace
Me and jamie did pretty good in items doubles. Lol at nicks and earl getting warp star k.o'd at the same time, and also later by a green shell.

Pretty annoyed at the mariokart, we win and the organiser decides not to tally scores. Then we replay the courses and somehow i get knocked backwards and thus came 8th.

Anyway.... was cool to meet u guys irl. Was even cooler to meet Junglist from good game irl also lol. Luke u nearly beat that guy in gh, so unlucky that u dropped a note in the last stretch of like 10 notes. Also luke ur ganon is better than mine now. Now u can be best ganon is aus lol.

Tibs u missed me getting owned in guitar hero lol.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'm pretty sure I beat luke in ganon dittos.

Hence the current GODLYNESS OF GANON IS:

1. Scoot
2. Shaya
3. Liam
4. Luke
?. Ant

Needed ant to beat Ted perhaps to give an accurate ranking :(

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Bad luck Ted, I think all the lack of sleep you must have had coming up to this ****ed you over.
holy crap you sure do vomit a lot of johns

nice job earl, tibs, ted
where was the highest placed SA entrant for singles?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eh, giving support to my region is vomit now?

You give a lot more johns about your region in melee/not being able to attend anything than I do for others or myself, Dekar.

Plus I love that Earl won.

Top Bottom