• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded VI (SA)- July 9th - 11th, 2010 RESULTS, PICS AND VIDS UP

Kizmmit

Smash Cadet
I'll be attending the event, I'll see if I can get some of the former top SA players to come as well, might be able to get Suhayb (who took 10 stock off Victoria in the intense crew battle in '08) and OJ with his mad tech skill, Carl with his ****ty neverdying ledgeteching *** Samus and Daiki

Edit: Also besides Reloaded what other gatherings/events are there for SSBM? As far as I know it's died here since the release of brawl which is a drag considering how lame that game is.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Honestly I think they could easily be persuaded to host Melee teams & Singles, atm it's only singles for Melee I think.

I have no idea why Melee was stopped in Adelaide.
Brawl & Melee coexist fine in Vic, NSW & QLD, and Melee seems bigger in SA than Brawl anyway (and from what I've been told from Melee players in other states, our Melee scene was strong).
So yeah, I dunno why it was stopped. Was before my time.

Also I'm "ok" at Melee, but I'd suck compared to anyone half decent though. I'd definitely look into reviving it though.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Scott, I just said that, you stupid cow. stfu.
Ok = awful/scrub/useless.
I'm awful at Melee. Doesn't mean I can't get better if it was actually started up here again.

Kizmmit, moral of the story: get as maaaaaannnnnnnnnny people you know of to come to this as possible. Jamage should look into running more Melee stuff in the future though.
..And if he doesn't I will. Srs.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
I'll be attending the event, I'll see if I can get some of the former top SA players to come as well, might be able to get Suhayb (who took 10 stock off Victoria in the intense crew battle in '08) and OJ with his mad tech skill, Carl with his ****ty neverdying ledgeteching *** Samus and Daiki

Edit: Also besides Reloaded what other gatherings/events are there for SSBM? As far as I know it's died here since the release of brawl which is a drag considering how lame that game is.
Awesome dude harass the hell out of them to get them all to come. The old days of Melee were much better than the crappy brawl scene we have now. I need to get my Melee skills back.

2SXC/SA/Possum Dave will most likely be there, ive already spoken to him about it.

SA Melee FTW :D

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Im happy for Reloaded to do whatever people want to play. Its the whole idea of Reloaded in the first place. As many tournaments as is humanly possible in the allotted time, to cater for all gamers, not just a few organisers favorites. If jamage has the time he can run whatever he wants.

Also, Ladies tickets should be in shops today (after the third misprint lol)

zApollo

Smash Ace
Saturday morning and afternoon is allocated to smash, I assume it's up to Jamage to organise the specific times. I hope it can be buffered further into the evening if things don't run smoothly since the venue doesn't close until 8am.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Theres no limit for when smash has to end, it uses unique equipment that isnt required for other tournaments, so theoretically it can run all day saturday and sunday til close :p

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
ive left the competition order and start times to jamage to sort out, if he doesnt do it soon, Ill give you an indication by the weekend.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Saturday: 9am Brawl free for all
Saturday: 12pm Brawl 1v1
Saturday: 5pm Brawl 2v2
Either friday night or Sunday morning: Melee 1v1
If time also either Melee 2v2, Brawl + or crew battles

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Before someone out of state asks, what is the pot distribution? Is it just 1v1 and 2v2 (both games) that get cash prizes?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Interstaters come on down.
Most the old Adelaide Melee pro's will be making a comeback this year for melee. Kizmmit/Dylan, Haku/Diaki, 2SXC Dave said they are all coming. Oli, Carl and Suhayb will also most likely be there.
Should be the best Smash event in Adelaide's history. 1st time we'll have Brawl and Melee players at an Adelaide major :D:D:D

Prize money Pot Split
Winners of each tournament receive a cash prize determined by the pot split.
1v1
1st: 45%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
2v2
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Ill admit that i expected the entire prize pool to be split brawl 1v1/brawl 2v2 and handed given all that much thought as to prize money for melee.

That said, I AM considering allowing a registration fee for smash players to boost the pot to a more respectable number. I think our entry fee ($10) is already extraordinarily cheap for this kind of event. This is only an idea and i welcome your feedback.

In this instance, the registration fee - say an extra $10 for example - would be paid to the tournament administrator and added to the Reloaded contribution ($500).

To top it all off, theres going to be an Ultimate Console Player award - a brand new PS3 Slim, which will go to the highest ranked console player - over all console tournaments - at the tea break on the saturday.
Atm it the $500 is planned for brawl 1v1 and 2v2. What are peoples thought on Wookies suggestion for an extra Smash rego fee too boost the pot. I think its a good idea, maybe only $5 required but the option on giving more like ill probly donate $20 or so to put into the pot.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
We have a too many noobs and average players. Any of you other states done a 256 person FFA....... didnt think so. So this will stop some of these people from entering but I think we should have enough hardcore brawl and melee players.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
nah dude, he wasnt saying its a hardcore game, he was saying hardcore players of said game, big difference.

still I dont blame you since sadalaide only has 2 actual proper brawl players.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Ok.

Times are done.

Prize split will be the same as last time, with an additional $5.00 fee applicable to entrants in the 1v1 Competition only. Casual players not wanting to pay this fee will have a separate NON_CASH prize bracket. No additional fee will apply to those entering 2v2s. Additonal cash fees must be paid to the tournament admin prior to competition start.

This year:
Smash Brawl 1v1 Pro - $300 in cash prizes (all extra cash fees in addition)
Smash Brawl 1v1 Am - prize tba
Smash Brawl 2v2 - $150 in cash prizes
Smash Melee 1v1 -$50 cash

Please note:
- you do not require gear for these competitions.
- You may use your own controllers.
- Entry to console competitions hosted by Reloaded is free for those with a full BYO ticket ($25)
- Entry to console competitions hosted by Reloaded is $10.00. These tickets are only avaialable at the door and are unlimited in number.

Entrants in the Smash Bros Brawl and Melee 1v1 competitions will be eligible for the Ultimate Console Gamer Prize (a brand new PS3 Slim), which will be drawn at midnight on the Saturday, July 10th. Team competitors are not eligble to enter the Ultimate Console Competition.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Reloaded Ultimate Consoler Competition Details

Major Prize: Sony Playstation 3 Slim Edition
Minor Prizes: TBA

Drawn: Midnight, 11.59pm, Saturday, July 10th

To enter:

You need to compete in at least ONE individual competition, but winners are likely to be people that enter into several competitions. The following competitions are included:

Fighting Tournaments
- Super Streetfighter IV
- Tekken VI
- Soul Calibur IV
- Blaz Blue

Smash Tournaments
- Brawl 1v1
- Melee 1v1

FIFA 10

Guitar Hero 5

Driving Tournaments
Forza 3 1v1
Gran Turismo 5: pro logue hotlap
Mariokart Wii 1v1v1v1
Daytona Arcade 1v1 (men)

Daytona Arcade 1v1 (women)

Each tournament awards points for each competition pending placement and participation. These points are tallied up at 6pm on the saturday and MULTIPLIED by the number of competitions the player has entered - thus the more competitions you enter, the better your chances are of winning.

You will only receive maximum points for the first competition in any tournament series, and a 50% discount will apply to your points in subsequent competitions in that genre. For instance:

Player:
Smash Brawl 1v1 - Maximum points
Smash Melee 1v1 - points - 50% discount

Super streetifghter IV - Maximum points
Tekken VI - points - 50% discount
Soul Calibur IV - points - 75% discount
Blaz Blue - points - 87.5% discount

FIFA 10 - Maximum points
Guitar Hero 5 - Maximum points

Please note: no gear is required for this, you can buy a $10 ticket at the door and go nuts for two days without bringing any of your own stuff. Entry to these competitions is free for people with a full paying BYO ticket

Nova

Banned via Warnings
We need a list of interstaters that are coming to this.
I dunno if I'll be at it atm, I could be in QLD.
BUT!
Yeah we need a list or I'll start annoying people. Like Tibs 'n' earl and people.
Or you could not come and me and Apollo will take the $.

Edit: And I'm getting as many friendlies in Melee as possible, since I'll come last in that.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Double post:
I can probably house a few people for this event as a fair bit of my family is going overseas during that time.

I will house Tibs/Attila (if he wants to come) and Shaya before other people though. And Luke and Ted, if they wanna bother to come back here lol. >_>

I'll also organise so said people can be dropped picked up and dropped off to the airport.
So all you'll really be paying is the airfare, no taxis, no buses, no accommodation - pretty good deal.

SO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT AND COME!!!!

I'll post airfare information probably tomorrow.

zApollo

Smash Ace
My offer for housing is also still open, contact me if anyone's interested.

I'll post airfare information probably tomorrow.
I made a post with airfares a few months ago in the old thread, undoubtedly the prices would have changed since.

Lookin' forward to this!

tibs7

Smash Champion
flights are 100 all up, and they are both at 6am :S
is all the smash on the saturday?

Nova

Banned via Warnings
10 Jul 10, Sat
MEL 08:45 hrs
ADL 09:35 hrs
48.00 AUD

11 Jul 10, Sun
ADL 06:55 hrs
MEL 08:40 hrs
58.00 AUD

Ugh.
Tiger did have a discount on yesterday, but the prices have gone up again.
SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Stupid Adelaide.
Tibs, yes, all the Smash events are on Saturday.
My offer still stands to anyone who does want to come.
Although I'm becoming more doubtful over the whole ordeal now anyway. Ah well.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Annoying flight rubbish....

Please keep in mind with Tiger Airways you must be CHECKED IN 45 minutes before your flight at THE VERY LATEST . Online check in is an option, however, I guess....

Flight Info

Departing Melbourne for Adelaide
Friday
Tiger - $38 - Departs: 6:05AM (Umm, yeah, this is horrible)

Departing Melbourne for Adelaide
Saturday
Tiger - $48 - Departs: 8:45AM
Jetstar - $59 - Departs: 6:30AM (Tullamarine)
Virgin - $79 - Departs: 7:05AM
Virgin - $79 - Departs: 8:05AM

Departing Adelaide for Melbourne
Sunday
Tiger - $58 - Departs: 6:55
(All other prices on this day are ridiculous)

Departing Adelaide for Melbourne
Monday
Tiger - $48 - Departs: 6:20AM
Tiger - $48 - Departs: 12:20PM
Tiger - $38 - Departs: 2:35PM
Jetstar - $59 - Departs: 3:30PM (Tullamarine)
Tiger - $38 - Departs: 5:05PM

Departing Sydney for Adelaide
Friday
Jetstar - $89 - Departs: 6:30AM

Departing Sydney for Adelaide
Saturday
Jetstar - $119 - Departs: 6:30AM
Tiger - $118 - Departs: 9:45AM (Probably too late sigh)

Departing Adelaide for Sydney
Sunday
Tiger - $68 - Departs: 6:55

Departing Adelaide for Sydney
Monday
Tiger - $68 - Departs: 6:55

Meh.
I didn't realise the prices were so high, even with housing and transport, it's probably too expensive to bother with. Cbf with it anymore.
Only if people really want to come will I still offer what I did before, but I'm done advertising as the airline prices are ridiculously early and quite expensive (when I go to Melbourne and Sydney I get it much cheaper, wtf....).

Tibs get some other people to come, like Shaya or your brother or Ted/Luke or anyone. <3
I can probably house up to 5 people.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I'll consider it, if anything it'll be great to come hang with you again nova (and of course make fun of djdownface)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'll come since my money seems to be going well. (been selling alot of crap i dont need on ebay =P)

Who from Melbourne is going? Probably prefer to go in a group for flights >< Havn't gone to Adelaide before, so i dont wanna get lost xD

oh wait tibs is coming :3

zApollo

Smash Ace
I'll be about to house 2-3 people, seeing how things go.

Awesome to see you're interested Chu!

Come and play daytona as well Luke.

druckey

Smash Apprentice
nova has asked me to post this because the idiot got banned again

if ANYONE wants to ask him questions regarding housing + airport pickups drop offs, add his MSN: Metamorphazone@hotmail.com

OR email him. hes unbanned in like 5 days

Top Bottom