• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reloaded VI (SA)- July 9th - 11th, 2010 RESULTS, PICS AND VIDS UP

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Would you be willing to do an interview for ausmash in relation to all your thoughts about reloaded and the future?
sure. ill post the interview with jamage i did as well some time in the next day or two.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Hey Wookie, would you accept an indie game for next Reloaded? The fighting game in my sig I am designing will be finished around the time of Reloaded VII, and I was looking for a way to show-case it to players.
sure thing, we'd love for you to be able to do that. At no cost either.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
I should add, that i really would like someone to run smash at valhalla events in the near future. its the only event we run at reloaded that doesnt tie into our activities for the rest of the year. Most of the console equipment at Reloaded belongs to Val, so you would just need yourself and a copy of brawl. Hell ill buy the lan a copy if we can run it regularly - i just need a knowledgable person to do it.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Finally have internet back. (wrote this while offline)

Reloaded 6 Smash Bros Results

Entrants: 40 - Entry: $10 - Total Smash Prize Money: $545 + Wii Wheel and Melee Prize
Tibs $285?
Apollo $120? + Wii Wheel
Nova $90?
2SXC Dave (Melee Prize)
Bylim $20
Jamage $10
Ant $10
Hybrid
Blue Bomber
Dr Overkill
Chirpin
Techa
Big Drake
Borrus
Joshberry
Purple Invazn
Satan Jr
Fixation
Mikey33
Ian
Peacan
Mik
BlessedOne
Kerri 89
Rozza
Joobs
Burning Aces
Shadowsdoor
Exernus
Zodiac
Grim Tuesday
Kaning54
Named
Keirron
Rhiyo
SVTrace
Gagoono
ILikegodzillasmilk
LifeHacker
Illusion

Brawl 1v1
1st: Tibs - Diddy
2nd: Apollo - ZSamus
3rd: Nova - Snake
4th: Bylim - Peach
5th: Jamage - ROB
6th: SVTrace - Pit
7th: Blue Bomber - Ness
8th: Hybrid - Falco

Brawl FFA
1st: Apollo - ZSamus
2nd: Tibs - Diddy
3rd: Nova - Zelda/Sheik
4th: Bylim - Peach
5th: Kerri89 - Lucario
5th: BlessedOne - Marth
7th: Jamage - ROB
7th: Dr Overkill - Mr G&W

Brawl 2v2
1st: Tibs - Diddy & Nova - Snake
2nd: Apollo - ZSamus & Bylim - Peach
3rd: Jamage - ROB & Ant - Snake
4th: Fixation - & Peacan
5th: Burning Aces & Lifehacker
6th: Zodiac Jew & Illusion Jew
7th: Techa - Snake & Kain
8th: Joshberry & Rozza

Melee 1v1
1st: 2SXC Dave - Cpt Falcon
2nd: Tibs - Fox
3rd: Bylim - Peach
4th: Hybrid - Falco
5th: Nova - ???
5th: Apollo - Jigglypuff
7th: Jamage - Cpt Falcon
7th: Exernus ???

Ant left before the 1v1 and wasnt around to collect your winnings.
I have $10 to give you when I see you next.
Also there was an entry fee that wasnt accounted for as I thought all change was changed into note
but not quite all of it was. I also have $5 to give to Tibs which we will sort out somehow.

Shoutouts

Nova: Thanks heaps for helping me organise, hype, seed, run etc. More I get to know you the more I think your a champ.
Good job in the comps, although ive improved you were still too good for me.

Apollo: Thanks for helping out aswell. Great job on winning the FFA and in all the comps.
I think you left your copy of Melee there becasue I picked up an extra.

Ant: 2 years in a row we have ended up in the winners bracket finals in 2v2 only to be beaten by the team
that end up winning and knocked out by the team we beat in the winners bracket semi's :p
Good part thanks to you even though your semi retired you definatly got the skills.

Tibs: Relaoded 6 smash champ. Great job in all smash comps. Still havnt played you in a 1v1 (not sure if I want to lol) but had fun
playing you in the 2v2. You seem like a champ and I hope ill see you at Robocop and Reloaded 7

Bylim: Awesome Peach dude. Great matches in the 1v1 and 2v2. wouldnt have minded you picking on Rob in the FFA if it wasnt
for the other 2 who attacked me aswell but seemed to mainly leave you alone :p
Didnt get around to speaking to you much but you seemed pretty chilled.Hope to see you at Robocop and again at Relaoded 7.

2SXCDave: Congarts on your Melee win. That Falcon is still nasty even though you rarely play now.
Lets Revive Melee in Adelaide :D.

People who didnt show: Sorry to say but you missed out, it was awesome. Hope everyone can make it next year.

Highlights:
Counterpicking Frigate Orpheon with Rob and Ant as snake vs Aplollo - ZSamus and Bylim - Peach and winning the set
due to the stage flip and Peach getting stuck below.

My set with Bylim which came down to the wire and a Metaknight glide A move thing vs Peach upsmash and despite my supposed
priority he got me sweet with the tip.

Some really nice Rob spikes in 1v1 2v2 and FFA.

Relaoded 7
Should be some time in July 2011 most likely at the same venue.
Next year we winn aim for 50+ Smash entrants, 10+ Interstate entrants, $1000 Cash for Smash with better prizes for Melee, more Brawl and melee setups,
more seating for speactators, more recording,better planning and organisation with details confirmed earlier.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
As Ive said elsewhere,

its currently planned to double the prize money, and include melee doubles in what will effectively be a full day of smash tournaments at reloaded VII. We may also hold a msash tournament at our January event, where we are looking at a "Reloaded Lite Edition", with around $250 prize money.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
As Ive said elsewhere,

its currently planned to double the prize money, and include melee doubles in what will effectively be a full day of smash tournaments at reloaded VII. We may also hold a msash tournament at our January event, where we are looking at a "Reloaded Lite Edition", with around $250 prize money.
Any chance of me being allowed to bring my hacked Wii if anyone wants to play Brawl+/BBrawl/Brawl-/etc...?

And also my N64 if anyone wants some old school Smash?

zApollo

Smash Ace
As Ive said elsewhere,

That is an excellent idea, colour me interested.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Wookie's awesome Reloaded 6 Lan Report

Wookie said:

Charles Dickens wrote as an opening line in "A tale of two cities" that "..it was the best of times and the worst of times". In its fifth year, this Reloaded event had more than its fair share of highs and lows, events both ordinary and extraordinary.Whether it be theft, blackouts or even unholee winning a prize, the unexpected became the norm.

Doors opened for setup at 7am on what was a very cold morning in July. The admin team were faced with the prospect of laying out 250 trestles, 600 chairs and kilometres of power and network cables before the doors opened at 6pm.

For the first time, we deployed an arena, a special 10 seat area with large screens viewable by the audience. This was used for Quakelive and the CSS final.

More than 800 people cleared the main entrance over the course of the event making this by far Australia's largest BYO lan party for the 5th year running, and they came from all over the country. More than 50 attendees making their way over from Melbourne alone. More than a dozen incoming from sydney. They were of all genders, more than 70 attendees were female. They were of all ages, there were at least half a dozen people there aged over 50, and there were 3 or 4 small children accompanied by parents. There were xbox and playstation fanatics, there were people who came purely for sporting competitions.

Kudos to Gamestahs sole representative, Kitfox who battled on all day.

Reloaded also gave away hundreds of Call of Duty Mugs, Xbox headsets, Western Digital key rings, PSP covers, PS2 controllers and lollipops (thanks to iseek) to any and all who came to the event. Door prizes were supplied courtesy of Western Digital, and Fractal Design.

Record turnouts for COD4, TF2, Quakelive and even Smash bros tournaments show the gaming scene to be alive and well, although some of this can be attributedto the quality of prizes and cash being given away.

CSS - 16 teams (80 players)
COD4 - 14 teams (70 players)
TF2 - 13 teams (65 players)
Basketball - 18 teams (54 players)
Smash (40 players)
halo 3 - 6 teams (24 players)
Dota - 4 teams (20 players)

Friday featured a variety of console competitions and Left4dead 2, as well as dodgeball, including admin v lanner dodgeball.

Console winners for the friday night

Once again dogged by network issues which no one seems to be able to explain, the friday ASUS CSS competition was held over until Saturday, and to their everlasting credit.the 16 teams that signed up on the Friday, returned for the Saturday night competition. Group stages were dumped in favour of double elimination. Further network issues resulted in a delay, and the final not being played until 5am when it was taken out by the favorites, Sublime. Winners recieved $600 cash from Reloaded and ASUS 5770 graphics cards from ASUS. Runners up recieved Challenger Pro Keyboards from Tt eSports.

Reloaded management has resolved that future Reloaded will not feature group stages for CSS, and will return to the all day CSS comp format. More information on this when we announce the next event.

Also held on the Saturday, Team Fortress 2. Some controversy erupted when the random draw pitted the two top ranked teams against each other in the first round, and it was determined that the competition should be made double elim. With 13 teams in the competition, TF2 would take 7 hours to complete. Winners recieved monitors thanks to ASUS, and hdd caddies from Allneeds Computers.

With Tf2 running, COD4 started, and controversy again arose over the "single elimination" format being used. Reloaded management were again called in, but there simply wasnt the time required to run another massive double elim competition with CSS due to start in a matter of hours.COD4 finished later than planned, delaying the CSS competition somewhat. Reloaded management will be taking some steps to ensure a more rigid adherence to rules and competition preferences will be enforced at future events. Winners of this competition recieved 5770 graphics cards thanks to ASUS, runners up recieved Steelseries 9HD mousemats thanks to Steelseries.

Quakelive was run at Reloaded for the first time, on the brand new Steelseries arena. More than 30 particpants - a Reloaded record for a duel comp - from all over the country, the tournament was split into Pro and Amateur divisions. Reloaded management thanks Steelseries and the people who loaned us their gear for this event. More information on Quakelive tournaments can be found at http://www.4seasonsgaming.com. Reloaded thanks Mick05 for his tireless efforts in promoting and organising these tournaments. The Amateur winners recieved Steelseries gear, the Pro tournament winner recieving $600 cash and an EAH5850 graphics card thanks to ASUS.

Smash Bros. Brawl also had its highest turnout at a Reloaded event, and the competition was reportedly fierce. More information and details on the smash tournament can be found at the Smashworld forums.

The Wildwire Ladies competitions also had extensive particpation, particularly in wii tennis and daytona. Winners recieved Iron Lady headsets from Steelseries, vouchers from Wildwire, and makeup from COTY

Wii tennis

Q3

Daytona

Other competition winners at this years Reloaded

ASUS Mini Paper Plane competition

FPS Championship

RTS Championship

Driving Championship

Flatout 2

Trackmania

DOTA

Halo 3

Reloaded would like to thank all of our attendees, admins and sponsors. Including ASUS, Tt eSports. Fractal Design, Plantronics, Wild Wire, Steelseries and Western Digital.Reloaded would also like to express our appreciation of SGL for the loan of their network gear, and to Respawn for bringing so many people over to the event.

Reloaded would like to thank all who attended, and hopes that you all had a great time and that you all come back for Reloaded VII in july, 2011.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
Congrats Tibs. Thanks for coming down Tibs and Bylim for coming down, good games. Hopefully we'll see you next Reloaded.

Surprised I got 7th, lol. Also I used Pikachu most of the time, I only used Ness once I think against Tibs.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol I knew I was out of it; can't even remember those pics being taken...

Jamage anyway, that extra copy of Melee you mentioned earlier is mine.
I forgot about it but I was looking for it the day after.
If you've still got it I'll grab it tomoz. <3

Top Bottom