• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resolving The Brawl Crisis (For those who wish to see Brawl improved)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hmmm.... missed one.

(Since it seems no matter what people say, people are sure they have Brawl all figured out--maybe you might listen to Azen?)

I like how everyone in the Top 10 except me and Chillin hate Brawl. They all got so depressed when they went to brawl tournies hoping to win money easily then getting ***** instead. The only reason they want to go back to Melee is so they can win cash again. I wonder why they got ***** in Brawl, maybe its cause Brawl is way more competitive than Melee was. They were too cocky to realize that their Top positions might be in danger, and now they make excuses saying Brawl is too easy and anyone can win. No Jones losers. Maybe they should actually start practicing instead of wishing their Melee skill carried over to Brawl. Brawl is already super competitive, it won't be easy for anyone to get to the Top, so many people are trying to get good now; you can't be cocky just cause you were pro in Melee. Its a new game, not Melee 2.0. Eventually most of the anti-brawlers will die off like with the 64 crowd. lol, just look at how depressed Isai was when he couldn't win everything anymore in Melee like in 64, and he just eventually gave up and stopped trying. Yall losers can stay in the past with Melee and 64, but right now is the time of Brawl and a new generation of smashers will take your place.

-Azen

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
okay pwnyride, it is obvious that Nintendo are out to make money. However you can't seem to get anything else into your skull.

You can continue to try to deny it, but you've ignored my points and have done next to nothing to counter what I've been saying.

You have earned a spot on my ignore list right next to Jafar.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is awsome and is so deep. You dont play it like melee and people cry, however i have been doing so many unique air combos and laerning how to control people up and down. Its different but is competitive and has a ****e ton of combo and skill ablities. I dont think a new game is the answer. The answer is either go back to melee or learn how to play brawl, because it is different. If you think its too floaty then you obviously are trying to do close range ground combos. Not going to work, try forward or up airs to down smash close range, it has many possibilities of other combos. Please, go back to melee or learn how to play the new hotness, which is the amazing brawl.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
You should watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgOkRyG3ho

you remind of the people who said
whoever was playing Sake is some garbage (o offense) but there's no way I would let someone spam some weakass move like that laser. Hey it's Called AIR DODGING pal, learn it!
that aint camping... what noobs, in a real match that wouldn't happen... the opponent would just need to dash or dodge and then fight close and he wouldnt be able to do that... gg -_-

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i just want better online with voice chat no and friend codes the system itself is fine and maybe just change sonic and pit's VA or give a JP option because i HATE sonic's new voice (4kids stops destroying sonic this month so i hear) and pit sounds like a 10 year old girl on steroids so yeah these changes i'll buy a new game for

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
i just want better online with voice chat no and friend codes the system itself is fine and maybe just change sonic and pit's VA or give a JP option because i HATE sonic's new voice (4kids stops destroying sonic this month so i hear) and pit sounds like a 10 year old girl on steroids so yeah these changes i'll buy a new game for
That just wouldn't do, Sakurai wouldn't want anyone to get their feelings hurt because of something said over voice text any chat, I'm surprised taunts are still in.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
Let me jsut say as the one who started this thread that people like

Ignorant NOOBS
1.Pwnyride
2.KaterFreak
3.Abgar
4.Orintemple
5.Jeff Highwind
6.rageagainst
7.IWontGetOverTheDam

These people were not invited because as u can clearly the thread is asking for those who WANT TO SEE Brawl IIMPROVED.

This thread was not for those who think brawl is great but for those who want to contribute something positive. Now i saw some people actually doing taht. there was an idea to change the settings to heavy and there are threads that doubles will work better for competitive play or the idea that nintendo should do a re release of mellee with online play (Eriatarka). Now these are the things i wanted to see

Also, the people listed above have just flammed and bitc*ed the entire thread or have continued to ignore INTELLIGENT posts taht countered there own.

Lauded Posters
1.LouisLeGros
2.Coreygames
3.Marf
4.Eriatarka

These people have responded Intelligently and Eriatarka gave a good idea that could easily make money for Nintendo.

Sure thing, but implying hypocrisy on my part because you edited you post while I was making a reply and thus didn't address your edit? That is pretty low.

Orchestrated music
Do casual players really care? Then throw in just the sheer amount of music which undoubtedly cost a lot.

Trophies
trophies are clearly more of gift to long time fans and there are tons of them to collect (and you can bet it cost Nintendo money to make these). Features like these aren't really for the casual players who don't care to get 100% unlock on a game. This goes for the stickers, Chronicles section and etc as well.

Gamecube controller support
This is obviously for the melee owners. They could have made us use the wiimote and addons and made a killing on these purchases, but by supporting the gamecube controller they missed out on these profits.

then throw in stuff like training and tourney and well a lot of what the casual gamers want and use is subjective, but Nintendo certainly didn't take the cheapest route possible with every part of the game. Are casually gamers really going to notice the subtleties of the havok physics engine?

tell that to melee which had waaaay more of that "overly complex" stuff. Did it effect the casual players that made Melee the best selling Gamecube game?
From here on after ward i suggest everyone simply ignore posts like those of Pwnyride because of the fact taht he was pwned and refused to see it

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I think that if they do make a sequel, the need to at least include some stuff that will appear to the hardcore gamers. What was the point of taking L-canceling out when it was in the demo? Why'd they need to take out dashdancing from the demo? They should be adding stuff, not taking stuff away, and in all honesty, I don't think casual gamers would've cared! They've got online now, and will only fight a competative gamer once in a blue moon, so putting in more advance stuff would have no downside whatsoever.

Raging_Missiles

Smash Journeyman
yea, I heard from people who played the demo taht it still had advanced stuff and because of the new characters they were hyped to get it. Honestly i dont think that casuals would have cared one way or the other if the advanced stuff stayed in. There was a point made about it probably costing them more to take the Techs out and delaying the launch date but teh stuff Gimpy said about Sakurai not wanting it to be competitive.

That was a horrible move on his part because the casual gamers or people who were looking for a fun game to play would not have known the difference (seeing as they dont have any idea waht to expect).

And if they if they were truly after the profits they would have made more money by keeping competitive aspects (tournaments = advertisement )

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
idk why everybody is being a prick but i wish we could get a new smash too. in reality though, if they did make another smash so soon, it would make it look like they horribly effed up brawl in the public eye or something. i don't think sakurai will intentionally create a new competitive smash; he said himself he doesn't like sports because not everybody is a winner :/

Top Bottom