• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm bringin a full Melee setup...

Will I need a VCR?

Wait...maybe I won't just because Malk probably doesn't want that crap in his car and the hassle, etc etc.

Foxy

Smash Master
PP, bring the VCR if Malk lets you, the more recorded the better.

Behr, I guess you can, I dunno if she's actually playing or is doing teams though.

Yeroc, I took your codeset, made some a few value changes (mostly taken from Mookie's), and did my own CSS, and I'll be testing that soon.

If it turns out well, I'll host the file so everyone can install it if they want to and practice. Although there's a good thread on setting it up, I have a lot of experience with it so I'll explain it clearly here too.

Malk

Smash Champion
lol yes I did go rock climbing

lol yes you can bring a vcr

lol yes I am sleeping with SEXANA

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Just one bag...wait, yeah a sleeping one too since I'll be sleeping in Gboro.

K then, do you have room for me, the Kids, my sleeping bag (not sure if they're bringin one), and my VCR?

Also AIM isn't workin....

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Hey Austin, put the following people on the attendance list:

Krackshot Kroc
Icemn (maybe)
Uncle
Kissy Face
Sugar (My friend)

And make sure people bring set-ups and stuff.

Foxy

Smash Master
k dark bro stud hart

GUYS POST IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SETUP AND WHAT IT IS FOR THE FRONT PAGE

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

stingers

Smash Obsessed
foxy can you make a tutorial on how to get brawl+ on your wii or somethin

i want to try hacking my wii (all you need is an sd card and an old version of twilight princess right? cuz I've got both)

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I can bring a Cube and Melee, but I don't have a TV to bring. Someone should bring a TV for my stuff.

I'm also bringing Mario Party to this ****.

Foxy

Smash Master
someone bring bomberman plox

i'll write a mini guide on it after i get out of the shower, it's easier than it looks in all those "simple FAQ's" that have too much info

you should be playing brawl+ toniiiiight

surprisingly i actually understand the hacking really well, gofg and i were the first two players to start the hacking, we were doing it not long after the twilight hack was discovered, bought a usb gecko and everything, worked for a few months and got the source code (decompiled knowing the chip model) and then we found out a few people had started similar things so we left it to them, we didn't have any manpower

god danm this stuff has gone so far.

y'know, originally we planned to name it "Super Smash Bros. Renaissance" or SSBR (or Super Smash Bros. Backroom LULZ)

/rant (not really, just felt like talking)

Foxy

Smash Master
mini-guide: only two steps!

1 - download my codeset: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e9f4c1ef8351237cd2db6fb9a8902bda
2 - follow easy instructions in this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810

AND THAT'S IT

tips: the instructions aren't as hard or long as they sound, it's just extra detailed to answer any issues that may arise. also, only glitch i've seen is that if one of the gimmick characters is playing (warioman, giga bowser, alloys) then after GAME shows at the end of the match, it freezes, because there's nothing to show for the winner (it can't be like THIS GAME'S WINNER IS RED ALLOY). also, bottom row in the char select screen has popo, nana, warioman, giga bowser, and the alloys, the icons are just corresponding ones from normal chars.

lol i'd write my guide but i gotta go sleep, exam tomorrow

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I can bring Melee and a Cube if I can find a TV. Maybe I'll steal the one Foxy's using for Brawl+.

And add 'Reise' to the list. He's some random bro that's coming.

Foxy

Smash Master
okay cool.

also bros, early notes of Brawl+:

-with dash cancelling, you can do a jc grab by running, then hitting down and z (some of you may have fooled around with it in melee, works the same here) however it's usually not worth it as dash grabs aren't that bad.
-captain falcon is inane, dthrow to knee is more guaranteed than in melee, his nair combos to heck and back, but be careful with his recovery, imo it's worse than in melee
-zss has really easy uair combos... like, really easy.
-mk's shuttle loop is still crazy but he doesn't combo better than anyone else because of his slow air speed
-ganon's fair is WHOAAAAAAAAAA
-bowser's dair is amazing, high priority/poking, good hitboxes for his short hop, tons of damage, like 20%+
-dk is lol uair
-jiggs seems amazing so far
-marth is... incredibly gay again. PP is gonna win singles with him, guaranteed, his aerials are just too good, and dash cancelled dtilt, and fthrow into anything

I am INCREDIBLY hyped for the Brawl+ here, I think it's going to be more exciting than the Melee. Honestly, every character in the game has amazing stuff and it's all untapped, so it's great because it comes down to personal preference a LOT, you just play someone you love and you'll guaranteed be able to do crazy ****. It's just so wide-open.

Foxy

Smash Master
i'm so sure it's going to be insanely good that

i'm going to raise the entrance to normal fee

good sirs.

edit: by exciting i don't mean the game itself will be more exciting than melee (IMPOSSIBLE) but i think the actual tournament will be. it's going to be amazing.

Top Bottom