• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**RESULTS** Foxy's Bromonthly #1 - Raleigh NC - Feb 7 - Melee & Brawl+

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
lol gais if you really think i was playing to win again PP there...

lolz

i just finished an HOUR of grand finals in a campfest, screw that ****

i didn't even use tornado once against PP, i knew i was just going to give him $5 from the beginning

yeah i know, no johns, but srsly gais

also marth is **** in b+

edit: also dark hart and malk, if you actually WANT to talk smack, i placed way higher than both of you in a game that takes a heck of a lot more skill, so if you want to call me a skill-less scrub for winning b+ with mk... yeah.
Don't listen to Dark Hart. He just likes to whine.

Foxy

Smash Master
Can you post the link of where these vids will be uploaded? Overall how was brawl+ received?
The videos will be on my account here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RoyJoy13642

All of the Brawl+ videos are in replay format and on a few different people's Wiis, so don't expect them today. I still have to have them sent to me and recorded. Also, most of the matches we forgot to save the replay for. Can't really get around that...

For reception, most of the people who wanted to play Brawl+ just didn't show up, so the singles was only 9 folks. The people who didn't like Brawl+ were more vocal, and pretty much said it was the exact same thing as vanilla Brawl and that it's worthless next to Melee. I did actually share a lot of the same sentiment afterwards, except that I definitely believe that it is hundreds of times better than regular Brawl and is a much more interesting tournament game. Add in the added attendance from people who like Brawl, and it's worth holding.

I really never heard impressions from people who did play it, so I can't say how it was received. People generally seemed to enjoy it, but most of the players had already played it before. Then consider that a Metaknight won the tournament (even though it was VERY slim wins against a Yoshi and a Lucario), and people may not have been too happy. However, I still think that people liked it and it's worth running again.

Foxy

Smash Master
No... Brawl is a HORRIBLE tourney game. If you stop playing extreme defense and camping, you can get beat by any random scrub off the street because it doesn't take any technical skill.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

I have never had a more frustrating experience in my life than playing in Brawl tournaments.

Hell, I'd rather run a Star Fox Assault Multiplayer tournament, that's more skill- and knowledge-reliant.

But feel free to try Brawl+ or Melee.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
No... Brawl is a HORRIBLE tourney game. If you stop playing extreme defense and camping, you can get beat by any random scrub off the street because it doesn't take any technical skill.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY.

I have never had a more frustrating experience in my life than playing in Brawl tournaments.

Hell, I'd rather run a Star Fox Assault Multiplayer tournament, that's more skill- and knowledge-reliant.

But feel free to try Brawl+ or Melee.
I did say I would try Melee once I get a chance to actually play with somenoe who is decent and can help me.

You can't get beat by a random scrub in Brawl if you know what you are doing... that is very biased. How come M2K, ChuDat and Azen win everything they go to? I beat the same people over and over and I lose to the same people simply because they are better than me. It does not take as much button mashing but it is just as good of a tourney game.

Foxy

Smash Master
Brawl is really a confusing subject when it comes to skill curve - good players can consistently win tournaments, but that's almost entirely due to experience. The more experience they have, the better they naturally do in a game. In Melee, this is different because tech skill can substitute for raw experience.

However, if you stop focusing and stop camping you can lose to people much worse than you, even if they aren't really thinking. It does happen.

Regardless of skill factors, it's an unbearably slow and defensive game in tournaments.

BEHR

Smash Hero
lol gais if you really think i was playing to win again PP there...

lolz

i just finished an HOUR of grand finals in a campfest, screw that ****

i didn't even use tornado once against PP, i knew i was just going to give him $5 from the beginning

yeah i know, no johns, but srsly gais

also marth is **** in b+

edit: also dark hart and malk, if you actually WANT to talk smack, i placed way higher than both of you in a game that takes a heck of a lot more skill, so if you want to call me a skill-less scrub for winning b+ with mk... yeah.
I dont think B+ takes skill.

It really is the same ****,

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Brawl is really a confusing subject when it comes to skill curve - good players can consistently win tournaments, but that's almost entirely due to experience. The more experience they have, the better they naturally do in a game. In Melee, this is different because tech skill can substitute for raw experience.

However, if you stop focusing and stop camping you can lose to people much worse than you, even if they aren't really thinking. It does happen.

Regardless of skill factors, it's an unbearably slow and defensive game in tournaments.
None of my matches ever go over 4 to 5 mins and I play one of those super defensive chars. So you are saying if you stop focusing in Melee you can still do fine as well? I think lack of focus will make you lose in either game.

Vandom6

Smash Cadet
Pah. Bridget>All
Yoyos ftw

But seriously, fun tourny was fun.

EDIT: That was my first encounter with b+. It took a couple matches to get use to the physics (i.e. the increased falling speed) but after that it was pretty smooth. Though I can't really say much for all the characters since I didn't enter singles (probably should have) and pretty much stuck to pikachu.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I just think it was funny that PP beat you in a MM after you won, when he didn't enter the tourney. I never called you a scrub, and Matt calls everyone a scrub.

Don't listen to Dark Hart. He just likes to whine.
omg what is wrong with you? Seriously? Do you get a happy feeling on the inside when you talk shit to kids who are younger than you? Honestly, what's your problem?

I swear to the god I don't believe in, if you ever say shit when I actually meet you I'm going to kick your ass. And if you don't believe me, try me, I fucking dare you. Breakin out the choke cord, red marf style.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Frankly, if you think that Brawl sucks because any scrub from off the street can beat you, then no matter how good you are at any other game, when it comes to Brawl, you are most likely any other scrub from off the street. If you aren't, then they most likely aren't either. If they are, then they are still quite obviously good at the game, and you should probably grant them that much instead of aggrandizing yourself needlessly.

Just a thought. Brawl is certainly the weakest of the three smash games, IMO, but it's not for the reasons most people give here.

I swear to the god I don't believe in, if you ever say shit when I actually meet you I'm going to kick your ass. And if you don't believe me, try me, I fucking dare you. Breakin out the choke cord, red marf style.
OMG gais, sh
t just got real.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I just think it was funny that PP beat you in a MM after you won, when he didn't enter the tourney. I never called you a scrub, and Matt calls everyone a scrub.

omg what is wrong with you? Seriously? Do you get a happy feeling on the inside when you talk shit to kids who are younger than you? Honestly, what's your problem?

I think you need therapy. No one should take a game this seriously...

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I'm not talking about a game, I'm talking about you being an ass. It had nothing to do with Smash because, you're right, no one should take a game seriously. But like I said, it's not Smash, it's just you being an bitch for no real reason.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I'm not talking about a game, I'm talking about you being an ass. It had nothing to do with Smash because, you're right, no one should take a game seriously. But like I said, it's not Smash, it's just you being an bitch for no real reason.
I love to stir up things on the board. Its what I do. I am the most passive person you will ever meet in person though. I like to get friendly riverlies going but the fact you now troll all my posts is just annoying.

I will 1$ MM you in Melee if you 1$ MM me in Brawl. Then we can both be happy that we are better at the games we like.

Will that satisfy your burning hatred for me?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
No it won't since I don't care about you when it comes to Smash. Just stop being a douche, that's all I ask.

And you can't say anything about me trolling you since you're always the one to start it.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I can note plenty of times where you started it but I am far to lazy to hunt them down.
umm... sure you can. I believe you, even though you're, "far to lazy to hunt them down."

And thanks for getting me another infraction. Apparently my 3 point infraction just expired, so I'm not banned. Take that, fucker.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
How exactly did I get you a infraction?? I will report this post for profanity though if you would like me to?
I assume that you reported the post where I said I kick your ass. That's how. And report me if you want, but your not getting any brownie points from anyone for it. Why would you report me anyways? The only time I've reported anyone was when Flamingo posted that picture that had Hitler on it. I was a little offended since I'm Jewish.

Edit: Oh it was Flamingo...

That's the second infraction you've gotten me today, fucktard. Why? Your not getting any brownie points from anyone for it.

douche-bag rage much? hey look, I'm not afraid to cover up my words.

kupo15

Smash Hero
How do the newcomers not fit smash?
Oli and sonic definitely does not fit whatsoever. I hate how these newcomers have an unfair adv by being able to incorporate their up b into their strategy. These being:

Sonic
ROB
ZSS
Snake
Pit
Gaw (not a newcomer)
MK

These characters ruin the value of the up b. I feel the sacred up b is worthless now.

Also, I hate the introduction to these flying characters and characters that can come back from anywhere:

Pit
Zard
MK
Pit
DDD
ROB
TL

These characters go against the recovering aspect of the game. They don't play by the same rules as the rest.

The good newcomers:

Ike
Lucas (still a little *****)
Snake is "ok"
ZSS works
Wolf
Lucario is "ok"

Then you have the stupid *** small ppl:

Pika
Oli
Ness
Lucas
squirtle

I did a jab grab to pika and missed the grab because of the wincing animation from the jab. Pika doubled over so low from the jab I couldn't grab her

I think nintendo did a very poor job in selecting their new roster. I think they should have chosen charaters that fit the smash mechanics better and were more "fighting" characters then "weird" characters. Little Mac would have been perfect and a whole bunch of others. Its the only thing we can't change in brawl+

Did I mention the SFX sucks?

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I assume that you reported the post where I said I kick your ass. That's how. And report me if you want, but your not getting any brownie points from anyone for it. Why would you report me anyways? The only time I've reported anyone was when Flamingo posted that picture that had Hitler on it. I was a little offended since I'm Jewish.

Edit: Oh it was Flamingo...

That's the second infraction you've gotten me today, fucktard. Why? Your not getting any brownie points from anyone for it.

douche-bag rage much? hey look, I'm not afraid to cover up my words.
I am jewish too but I don't take offense to a joke. So.....

Or maybe the mods noticed your "threats"?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I am jewish too but I don't take offense to a joke. So.....

Or maybe the mods noticed your "threats"?
Okay, well I took offense to it. You could throw out that picture right now, even though I know you're Jewish, and I'd report it. I don't joke around with things like that.

And yea the MODs noticed my "threats", but only because Flamingo reported it.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Okay, well I took offense to it. You could throw out that picture right now, even though I know you're Jewish, and I'd report it. I don't joke around with things like that.

And yea the MODs noticed my "threats", but only because Flamingo reported it.
It would be REALLY hard for him to report it since he is not even anywhere near his computer. He is getting some homework done lol....

Vandom6

Smash Cadet
Oli and sonic definitely does not fit whatsoever. I hate how these newcomers have an unfair adv by being able to incorporate their up b into their strategy. These being:

Sonic
ROB
ZSS
Snake
Pit
Gaw (not a newcomer)
MK

These characters ruin the value of the up b. I feel the sacred up b is worthless now.

Also, I hate the introduction to these flying characters and characters that can come back from anywhere:

Pit
Zard
MK
Pit
DDD
ROB
TL

These characters go against the recovering aspect of the game. They don't play by the same rules as the rest.

The good newcomers:

Ike
Snake is "ok"
ZSS works
Wolf
Lucario is "ok"

Pika
Oli
Ness
Lucas
squirtle

I did a jab grab to pika and missed the grab because of the wincing animation from the jab. Pika doubled over so low from the jab I couldn't grab her

I think nintendo did a very poor job in selecting their new roster. I think they should have chosen charaters that fit the smash mechanics better and were more "fighting" characters then "weird" characters. Little Mac would have been perfect and a whole bunch of others. Its the only thing we can't change in brawl+

The sacredness of up-b? Recovering from anywhere? Does Jiggz ring a bell? Pound. Remember that? The up-b was always ment to be incorporable. Luigi's up-b is debateably his best ko move. Kirbys acts as his projectile and the space-animals have two different moves that can be used as recoveries.

And sonic fis in as much as mario does. In their original games they both beat enemies by jumping on heads whereas mario could use fire balls, sonic could spin dash.

And I'm pretty sure that smaller characters have always been harder to hit.

No one from mushroom kingdom is truly a fighting character.

Yes there are characters that would fit the roster better, but that could be said for all 3 ssb games.

Edit: You hate the sfx yet you play Pit?

lord karn

Smash Master
killer and flamingo, I really don't understand why you act so ******** on the boards. . .

Like you said, you're passive irl, and you're not really annoying, but I hate it when you post on the boards. @_@

kupo15

Smash Hero
The sacredness of up-b? Recovering from anywhere? Does Jiggz ring a bell? Pound. Remember that? And sonic fis in as much as mario does. In their original games they both beat enemies by jumping on heads whereas mario could use fire balls, sonic could spin dash.

And I'm pretty sure that smaller characters have always been harder to hit.

No one from mushroom kingdom is truly a fighting character.

Yes there are characters that would fit the roster better, but that could be said for all 3 ssb games.
Oh yea I understand, but I think that the roster in melee shared the same off the stage weakness as well as combo limitation weakness with their up b. There is a difference between jiggs returning from anywhere and Pit returning from anywhere. Jiggs has no recovering up b, Pit has 4 jumps, a glide and an up b. Mk has 6 jumps, two glides and an up b.

I think their choice of characters imbalances the roster a little. I just wish they made a better choice with the newcomers that already fit into the existing smash mechanics instead of overwriting them..

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
It would be REALLY hard for him to report it since he is not even anywhere near his computer. He is getting some homework done lol....
hmm... watch closely. He said it was him. Get at me lol

And thanks for getting me another infraction. Apparently my 3 point infraction just expired, so I'm not banned. Take that, fucker.
How exactly did I get you a infraction??
That would be me. Hehe.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace

Sonic
ROB
ZSS
Snake
Pit
Gaw (not a newcomer)
MK

Pit
Zard
MK
Pit
DDD
ROB
TL

The good newcomers:

Ike
Snake is "ok"
ZSS works
Wolf
Lucario is "ok"

Pika
Oli
Ness
Lucas
squirtle

This is the best joke I've read all day

stingers

Smash Obsessed
and the truth comes out! brutal honesty from karn...

what an awesome tournament. though when PP came back to my house i found out I still suck in brawl. that was gay :(

shoutouts:
karn - i finally got to mewtwo ditto you! and i got my *** beat ****...nice brawl+ yoshi. I hope we can play more brawl+ at billfest because that game is a lot more fun then normal brawl (until someone uses MK)

malk - riding in the car with you was pretty awesome. thanks for the rides. congrats on winning doubles in both games. I still prefer MvC2 though...blaster spam will beat tigerhawk one day I just need more practice. And arcana hart was pretty cool but PP kicked my *** all around the place

pp - thanks for the rides as well, hanging with you is always awesome. you're still too good at both games, nothing new there. congrats on winning everything, XD @ you beating foxy after the tournament. oh lol oh

foxy - thanks for showing brawl+ isn't any different from brawl, excellent job for the first brawl+ tournament, really proving it has competitive merit there

ph00t - ZSS is already good enough, her dsmash doesn't need to get any better. Just because they nerfed one move doesn't change the fact that she is massively better and is the 2nd best character in the game next to meta knight. Start trying new things instead of relying on your old Brawl- combos

vilt - thanks for teaching me kirby so fast XD kirby is amazing.

Vandom6

Smash Cadet
Oh yea I understand, but I think that the roster in melee shared the same off the stage weakness as well as combo limitation weakness with their up b. There is a difference between jiggs returning from anywhere and Pit returning from anywhere. Jiggs has no recovering up b, Pit has 4 jumps, a glide and an up b. Mk has 6 jumps, two glides and an up b.

I think their choice of characters imbalances the roster a little. I just wish they made a better choice with the newcomers that already fit into the existing smash mechanics instead of overwriting them..
You say you hate the sfx like you don't enjoy the sound of Pits wings flapping. Or any of his moves for that matter. :)

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Lol?? He never said that.

Whatever man it doesnt matter. You still shouldn't threaten people.

Not replying on this matter again.
Not replying to this matter again? Well I am.

What else would he be implying by this post?
That would be me. Hehe.
He was the one to reported me, I don't care that he did (anymore), but he still did. And if you say he didn't, then I'm sure Youko just loves looking through random threads on Boards he doesn't MOD to see who should get an infraction. /sarcasm

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Hey Foxy, good tourney. I got my newbie self educated in the Melee school of Hard Knocks.

I really wanted to stay around and see what Brawl+ was like, but I had to go. Oh well.

Top Bottom