• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results of SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Anti just 2-0'd dabuz and is in winners finals of another mk banned tournament.

Man, banning mk sure showed those no skill mk mains that they rely on their "broken" character to win.

Oh wait, maybe they're just actually good at the game.
1 dude doing well once or twice means nothing. let it be consistent and then we can talk. typical anti-ban mk user defending mk.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Statistics are bad unless very similar tournaments are used (about the same money and entrants).

Simpson's Paradox <- that's all I need to say

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Brawl without mk makes the came even more campy and boring. If the game is dying with him, it'd surely die faster without him.

Judo777

Smash Master
Brawl without mk makes the came even more campy and boring. If the game is dying with him, it'd surely die faster without him.
No it only seems more campy immediately because it just so happens that every character in the game that does well vs MK is very campy (cause your not allowed to actually fight MK you avoid him and hit him while he chases). See we have never even remotely given the metagame a chance to change with him gone. So we don't really know.

Kel

Smash Master
Regardless, no one is saying MK doesn't take skill. The idea is that eventually he's what everyone turns to and overcentralizes the game. Our entire rule set and tier list revolves around MK and the MK match up. 4 people out of 8 at this tournament used MK. A lot of MKs even took each other out due to the ditto! No one is saying MK players will be bad without MK (except Xyro), we are saying that MK is way over used and in every situation is the ultimate example. The only reason other players have switched off MK and found success is due to the other player having MU inexperience (IE Lee Martin going Lucario Vs Rain).
Anti just 2-0'd dabuz and is in winners finals of another mk banned tournament.

Man, banning mk sure showed those no skill mk mains that they rely on their "broken" character to win.

Oh wait, maybe they're just actually good at the game.
I'm reposting this since you seemed to have completely evaded this statement

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm reposting this since you seemed to have completely evaded this statement
No, I was just going to stop posting on the subject. I'll pm you my reply.

Kel

Smash Master
If you were going to stop posting on the subject why did you say the exact opposite thing of what I said AFTER I said it? You were still posting on the subject in the thread.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you were going to stop posting on the subject why did you say the exact opposite thing of what I said AFTER I said it? You were still posting on the subject in the thread.
I was being facetious and shouldn't have.

Judo777

Smash Master
why isn't this thread locked... lmao even the admins and mods are being ********.
I knew it was only a matter of time. I actually told my buddy that within 2 pages someone would state that. It's always been anti-bans last line of defense. "Guys lets just stop talking about it for real >:|"

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
I hope you aren't referring to me as an "anti-ban" I voted yes for the ban poll... I just dont give a **** about it anymore. It's just hella disrespectful to completely trash a results thread, especially one from overseas. All of you guys that just think it's alright to ****ing argue about this **** in any thread make the rest of the US(and Europe for you Europeans actually joining in on this ******* debate) look bad. It also looks worse when the mods and admins are contributing to this bull****.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
It doesn't look bad if you act civilized.

This is an important piece of data because you're not going to get this kind of sample size often. Using it to re-evaluate MK ban makes complete sense. Do you really think Japan is laughing at the US because we're having this discussion? If so you obviously don't know how Japan operates.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, the thread might not be custom-made for MK ban discussion, but talking about how MK dominance in a major Japanese tourney affects a MK ban is definitely reasonable, particularly considering Japan's performance at Apex played a role in the MK ban being revoked.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
MK didn't dominate this at all though. Half of top 8 may be MK but at least to me that is perfectly fine. The Olimars did bad this one time, otherwise there could have been even less MKs.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
MK didn't dominate this at all though. Half of top 8 may be MK but at least to me that is perfectly fine. The Olimars did bad this one time, otherwise there could have been even less MKs.
Logos, Ethos, and Pathos.

None of these particularly apply in this situation. Try harder!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Overswarm is the kind of cancer that needs to be removed or isolated from this community for the rest of its existence.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Overswarm is the kind of cancer that needs to be removed or isolated from this community for the rest of its existence.

:059:
You're still salty about that time I made you modkill yourself and then won the game for town anyway. :B

etecoon

Smash Hero
OS is like the only tolerable person in these ban debates though, without him you just walk in and read a bunch of **** like "[insert player here] is the only MK that knows matchups" or "the game would be even campier without MK".

then again this thread would've died long before either of those comments were made without OS, so I guess gheb's idea has something to it...

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh stop it. At least the man gives a respectable effort towards any debate and isn't one of the many pedophiles, proven thieves, bed soilers, housing destroyers, and so on that reside and are still accepted in or around this community.

:phone:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Oh stop it. At least the man gives a respectable effort towards any debate and isn't one of the many pedophiles, proven thieves, bed soilers, housing destroyers, and so on that reside and are still accepted in or around this community.
I wont' lie: I read "bed soilers" as bed sores.

Also, even still the MK ban debate is still continuing :/

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Its an internet forum, don't be so upset that people are discussing things. I highly doubt the Japanese will even come to this thread looking for shoutouts and whatnot.

Kel

Smash Master
Metaknight is the kind of cancer that needs to be removed or isolated from this community for the rest of its existence.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Honestly, I feel like this is the biggest question in the ban debate, currently: Are we (The US) willing to sacrifice international attendance (Namely, the Japanese) at the big US tourneys (like APEX) for a more character-diverse metagame?

Both factors are really powerful motivators.

Judo777

Smash Master
But two of the three "best" players in Japan didn't make top 8. The one that did plays MK the 2 that didn't dont. I have heard from everyone ever that 9b and nietono are far and away the best in Japan. (it was when people were arguing that Japan was way better when Brood beat M2K and people were saying "Brood is not even the best player in Japan and he beat us, imagine if they sent someone good" and I was like "they did his name is Rain and he got 8th losing to Lee Martin and hes considered arguably the best in Japan" and they said "No 9B and Nietono are unquestionably the best" and then they said that Japan has just gotten to a level we haven't where MK does not dominate anymore and that we should unban him and improve) is actually what happened. Oh and go figure turns out Rain WAS really amazing.

Now when we actually play for money well......... maybe the metagame really isn't any different over there. Except the next 3 characters in line get huge stage buffs to level the playing field on MK.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Honestly, I feel like this is the biggest question in the ban debate, currently: Are we (The US) willing to sacrifice international attendance (Namely, the Japanese) at the big US tourneys (like APEX) for a more character-diverse metagame?

Both factors are really powerful motivators.
This I never understood. Why would we even care? If the Japanese started playing with items, would we switch to accommodate them?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
you missed the point.
No.

He brings an example that will NEVER be reality, therefore kinda useless to discuss about.

But we were discussing something that COULD be reality (MK being banned at APEX and Japanese players dont come)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom