• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RESULTS: Safara Donates to Negroes (Arizona Regional)

Cassio

Smash Master
Aight finally starting to catch up on sleep and can post less mindlessly. Dont normally do shoutouts, but since I met so many new peeps this time I will!

1st ($203) RichBrown :olimar: Congrats again on your win. Pretty much said everything I would to you in person. See you soon.
2nd ($105) Tyrant :metaknight: Same as Rich, although on further reflection of our set that one game meant a lot even though all three games were weird. I feel like I've had to build pikachu and my playstyle from the ground up, so having tangible success at that level instead of just hearing and thinking it, however small and brief, inspires me to keep things going.
3rd ($48) FOW :ness2:/:metaknight: Amazing job in doubles! Its always a pleasure hanging out with you and the rest of Vegas. Dont forget were 1-1 at SF64, and we still need to get in that game of Mario Party 2!
4th ($30) VatoBreak :diddy:/:metaknight: Great job! Same thing as Rich more or less.
5th ($17) KiraFlax :pit:/:rob: Didnt get to talk to you much this time, but it was good to see you again. Its really cool how intense you and AZ in general gets over brawl. I know you wanted to do better but this was honestly very impressive. Thanks for all the work you put into the event.
5th ($17) JoeST :falco:/:diddy:/:snake:/:metaknight: Salty my Luigi didnt get that comeback on your pika :p. Good games though, and fun friendlies. Its pretty cool you came all the way out here and you seemed like a nice guy.
7th ($10) K9 :falco: A very very big thanks for everything you did for us.
7th ($10) SK92 :falco:/:metaknight: It was cool seeing you again, youre a kick to hang out with. And thanks for the chicken strips!
9th RaveRemix :toonlink:/:sheik: haha, random doubles was fun! tbh we kept getting really lucky but I BLEW IT when I lost that luigi v pika 1 on 1. We def woulda won if wed finished though ;). Thanks for all the work you put into this event, I really had a blast! Also pleasssse upload the replays of the pika vs MK when you get a chance!
9th Silly Kyle :peach: Please make it to E4U! It was great to see you again. hmu on wifi when you get your wii fixed or get the USB loader!
9th Hino :falco: You seem like an underrated player even though we havent played. Havent really spoken with you much, but good job on 9th.
9th Lycan :wolf: for some reason I knew we would meet in pools again :p. thanks for cheering for me in my other matches, I really appreciate it. ggs and until next time.
13th Z :pikachu2: Congrats on your regional win! I was so tired from the day before I honestly was just gonna coast through the tournament and probably go 0-2 until you came by. Thank you. Id say not to stress about singles but I know I didnt even need to.
13th Maize :rob: This was the first time I got to talk to you much, it was cool hanging out for the brief time we did.
13th Zynetic :marth: Not sure who you were, sorry :(
13th Yoshiken :yoshi2: Good job in our games! You caught me way off guard, and anytime I pulled a lead you just would not let me hold onto it, very clutch. Cool set although expect things to be even tougher if we play again!
17th Stevo :mario2:/:dk2: Didnt get to talk to you, but I saw your mario MM with Vato. Very nice job.
17th Zane :marth: Same as rich. I hope you were able to enjoy yourself. Sorry you had things going on outside smash, I hope things get better.
17th DS (Darkshifter) :metaknight: Very good games Bryce. I felt really bad afterwords when I realized who you were, but dont let it get to you. I legitimately put in work this set since I had people around cheering for me, and if you continue to play as well as you did against me or better I have no doubt youll do very well at your next events and start to see the success you were expecting. tbh Im not even sure why we played so early since the third seeds from both our pools were playing each other at the same time we did. Just bad luck I guess. I know you were given a hard time here and there, but tbh I had a lot of respect for you for coming up to me after our games and congratulating me in an extremely sincere way. Thanks so much for everything, and hopefully Ill see you again.
17th GV7 :rob:/:lucas: Good games dude, you have some tough characters.
17th SFA/SmileyFace :gw: It was fun talking to you and getting some friendlies in. I feel like youre my Arizona doppleganger since we both have the same risky style that ends up leading to SDs xD
17th Axe :toonlink: Why are pikas so cool? It was great meeting you for the second time xD, Ill need to find you on aim or FB so we can start chatting again.
17th Truth :pikachu2: last place :embarrass: best worst performance
--Pools Cut off--

24th Saffy :peach: Sorry if I was a bit shy esp when we met. I have so much to thank you for I could go on forever :x. Im still in disbelief about the plushie too, Ill definitely be taking care of it. I do hope I can make it out to AZ again, and itd be awesome if you could make it out here too. I really had a lot of fun hanging out with you, thanks for bringing everyone together and for such an awesome weekend.
24th Fortefreak :toonlink: good games in pools! you seem like youd be good if you played more.
24th Mikey :zerosuitsamus: sorry didnt meet you
24th Nexus :toonlink: Sorry to hear about everything that happened to you this weekend. And dont stress about pools, just make sure to learn for next time
24th Ominous :gw: fun friendly!
29th Relic :fox: sucks you had to fight vs pika. good games.
29th Sadpanda :diddy: not sure who you were, sorry :(
29th Mr. B :snake: ^^^
29th RGB (Prevv) :pikachu2: Very cool meeting you. Lets talk more, if you have skype you should give it to me.
29th Herro :lucario: didnt get a chance to meet you :(

Shane: you were such a cool dude, lol. Im not sure who you are on here but get ahold of me if you ever want to work on that pika Thanks for all the effort you put into this too!

DS's Grandma: Though you probably wont see this, thank you for some of the best hospitality Ive ever had. Youre a very inspiring person.
Arizona: thanks for such a great time. Hope to see everyone again in AZ, and everyone should try to make it to E4U!

Cassio

Smash Master
<4 lol, I miss chatting with you on the ladder chat/free play. If youre ever bored you should stop by or just message me anywhere :D

ALSO! I think I left my iphone/ipod charger in the venue and Im 90% sure someone that was cleaning up at the end found it. It was plugged into an outlet most likely. If you have it please let me know!

Jane

Smash Hero
why is it that brawl socal were so nice and thankful while (some of) melee socal are a bunch of whiny little hoes?

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
ALSO! I think I left my iphone/ipod charger in the venue and Im 90% sure someone that was cleaning up at the end found it. It was plugged into an outlet most likely. If you have it please let me know!
I didn't see one while I was cleaning, sorry yo.

-Ominous-

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I was depressed after this tourney, but whatever, there's always the next one.

LATE SHOUTOUTS!!!

Tyrant : Friendlies with you at Saffy's were fun, even though you totally destroyed me. After I left, I totally was like...rethinking my whole playstyle and trying to figure out what the crap to do in the game. You made me see a lot of holes in my playing, thanks.

KiraFlax: Good job repping AZ!

K9: Next time we should totally get some friendlies in, I've never really gotten to play your Falco.

RaveRemix: GGs in pools. We keep going back and forth on who beats who at these tournies. I guess next time will be mine. :p

Silly Kyle : Finally I got to play you, your Peach was really fun to play against, really wish I got to play you more though, I want to learn the Peach matchup, maybe Smiley can give me tips.

Yoshiken : Aw man, remember who was totally destroying your Yoshi/ICs/Luigi in friendlies? That guy was pretty amazing...oh wait, that was me. Just be glad I wasn't in your pool. If I was, you wouldn't have made it into brackets. :p

Stevo: Those Mario dittos you did were the most legit ever. Congrats on being the best mario now.

DS (Darkshifter) : Good job at the tourney. I really do want to get more practice in with you, but I really have a hard time committing to schedules.

GV7: I liked those friendlies against you. I was kinda down after playing Rave, but the Samus vs Lucas match we did kinda cheered me up, so thanks. My Samus was so close though, I almost got you with my beam. Your Lucas is pretty legit.

SFA/SmileyFace : Good job getting out of pools, you should tell me the secrets of the Peach matchup so I can handle Silly Kyle more. Yeah, I noticed he missed techs and stuff.

Axe : Axe, playing against you was crazy, I have no idea why, but I was totally like "What the crap?!" You play much more aggressively then Rave, and that totally took me off-gaurd. Next time, I'll get you back! Good job in pools though, you got 2nd behind Vato.

Truth : Kinda the same thing I said to Axe. I play RGB's Pika quite a bit, and I feel I know how to punish what Pika does pretty well, but you play more aggressively than he does so it took me off-gaurd. I think you met RGB, he's the Pika player who looks like he's 13, but is secretly actually 18. Well, friendlies were fun, and good job getting into brackets.

--Pools Cut off--

Saffy : Saffy, we can do so much better than this. I've played you and I know you can place a lot higher. We should smash some time soon...at least...if I can find time...we'll find a controller for you to borrow.

Ominous : Don't SD next time...and...stop playing stupidly. That's all.

Sadpanda : I noticed some improvement since I last played you. Keep it up. I really enjoyed those doubles that we did against each other.

Mr. B : Next tourney man, we got this. You're a great player, and I think we both ended up in a weird pool.

RGB :For some reason these tournies don't like you too much. Next time we gotta kick butt.

Herro : You told me you were going to beat me at this tourney, but we never got to play.

vato_break

Smash Master
@rave/smiley it was fun playing your guys, i just wish i had gotten more sleep so i had more of a drive to play friendlies. other than the no slleep this tournament was so fun. my favorite set was vs kira :D

Top Bottom