• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RETRIBUTION - October 20th - Cincinnati, OH - MK Banned Regional

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
On a side note this looked hype. I will do my best to make it out to the next one of these Clowsui.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
To prevent Top 4 from being myself, Krystedez, BPOW, and Croi, of course. :)
Dude, FUDGe you.

Besides Norfair is my baby.

or you just jump on a platform for 8 minutes
^this is what I do as wario, its so much easier than camping the ledge with pit because you actually risk falling and dying from getting your wings clipped. **** this matchup seriously, it's the most tunnel-visioned character matchup in game unless you ditto them. :popo: :popo:

half_silver28

Smash Ace
man I can't wait for more tourneys :3

course with my job getting busier I'll have to go through hell to get another saturday off :glare:

and I'd say MK needs to be legal - we'd get more hype matches that way

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
:( I will come to either MW or down south during winter break if there is a hype tourney. That's a promise.

Rayquaza07

Smash Ace
mk banned and RC and no brin

wish I could have came to dis (if I could instantly warp back home after it finished that is)

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Special Shoutout to Zinoto because he's a god of kindness and ALWAYS helps with the highlighting of the stream videos. You deserve a bacon sundae next time I see you.

But really, I truly appreciate the splicing. I was gonna start more/(try to)finish them tonight and this man has already done all of doubles.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ori-bro you listen to Miss A latest? Or are you strictly Snsd?
I have a wide taste of K-Pop, SNSD is my favorite though. I haven't listened to Miss A before.

Special Shoutout to Zinoto because he's a god of kindness and ALWAYS helps with the highlighting of the stream videos. You deserve a bacon sundae next time I see you.

But really, I truly appreciate the splicing. I was gonna start more/(try to)finish them tonight and this man has already done all of doubles.

THIS

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Breakable terrain that results in a significant slow to gameplay in some matchups and extendes hitboxes, without getting into the debate of whether those are worth banning.

Personally, I wouldn't ban Brinstar, but I can see the other side of the argument and don't hate it immensely when it's gone. I agree with OS though in his comment about Chi's post.

clowsui

Smash Legend
nah it's def bad LOL i just forgot i was the TO for a second and couldn't BS responses

tbh what ryker said is it, but popular opinion led me to ban brinstar also >_> i'll think about reintroducing it...

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
In the end clowsui, I would just like my money back, and I'll never be attending another tournament with that W-L ratio rule. It rewards other people who sand bag in pools, and let other people take games off of each other, that has was too much influence on who makes it out. That's my opinion. I also don't read every post in the tournament thread, I don't have time for that, so thats why I was also confused why that rule popped up. Because it wasn't updated in the OP is annoying, and the source of my confusion.

I still feel like it was extremely unfair to me. Nothing is going to change that. I know I beat ori, I believe that I should have made it out, and I'll be sure to only attend tournaments that follow the rulesets that they have in their thread. ^___^

Full shout outs, soon to come! :D

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
Sorry that you feel that way, and I understand the logic behind your position.

I'll gladly refund your entry.

1. Banned Brinstar on logic I don't even agree with, due to popular opinioin
2. Screwed Kassandra out of making it to bracket
3. Let a coaching issue bottleneck me
3a. Made several changes to decision during resolution of coaching issue
4. Did not pay attention to bracket while coaching issue was happening
5. Did not ever run my own bracket, really
6. Could not finish the tournament on time despite having 20 setups

There won't be another one. Not for a long time.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
STEWWY GOIN IN!!!

seriously man good job...youre getting good hella fast

smash tourneys are so informal that people are in the habit of assuming rules. If theres a rule that would cause you to want a refund or not want to enter, you should ask before hand. Or at least ask someone if the rules are normal.

I ask someone about the rules everytime I go to a tourney just to be sure, id say its the players responsibility to know and i dont see why clowsui should have to refund anyways. Especially after the tourney was paid out. Thats just rude and then by doing that your not taking money out of the winnings, youre taking it solely from the TO.

Any other competitive event and you would make sure you know the rules beforehand, thats a terrible excuse.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Thanks clowsui. I don't know if you should refund everyone's entry fee. This was a really fun event, I'm sure everyone here had fun. The pools thing was just an accident and a miscommunication. It's okay. it happens.

I'm not that upset. :(

clowsui

Smash Legend
nvm.

i should stop pretending like i'm not looking for pity

thanks for understanding, kass. i will pay you back asap

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Chi, if I were even half the TO you were, I would bet more people would go to KS for a tournament. They don't.

You did great, no stipulations to that statement

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
PS1 does that
Yes, as do Castle Siege, PS2, Rainbow Cruise, Smashville, and Frigate, but none to the same degree and one that are player controlled.

PS1 cycles through the same set of transformations regardless, and resets to a neutral position in between each. It does slow gameplay, but it doesn't slow gameplay on my terms. I can go and break the orbs on Brinstar and then camp one side or the other. Many characters have to hard commit to bridge that gap and you can punish that hard if they try it, so they're forced to wait for the stage to reform where I can simply retreat to the ledge, plank it out for a half second, break it again, and retreat to the side you are not on.

Again, I am not in favor of banning Brinstar, but I am in favor of informing people.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Chi, I realized a long time ago that no one cares to mention it more than a small pat on the back when you do something right, but they will endlessly point out mistakes. Even OS isn't trying to beat you up over anything so much as make you understand what the problem was so you can do even better.

Smile and keep going.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Good tourney Chi, wish I coulda came after all the trouble you went through trying to get more of us to come lol.

This neji drama is hilarious tho

clowsui

Smash Legend
Chi, I realized a long time ago that no one cares to mention it more than a small pat on the back when you do something right, but they will endlessly point out mistakes. Even OS isn't trying to beat you up over anything so much as make you understand what the problem was so you can do even better.

Smile and keep going.
I mean I understand and I'm happy that him and Kassandra brought it up but I am mostly really struggling to reconcile a lot of errors, such as what they said + the fact that I was 1.5 hours ahead of time then got ****ed somehow.

All of that was preventable. I could've - no, we could've - been out of there WAY sooner, and EVERYONE could have had fun, not just everybody minus two or three or four. I had control over all of that. To admit otherwise to me feels like a slippery slope. It's better to take on too many mistakes than to take on not enough, because then you get lazy and then people don't wanna come any more because even if the tournament is fun, they'll complain about it running not well (AKA a nightmare for my reputation + pride).

tl,dr; Chi is sad because he did a bad job running the show, even if a lot of people had fun =(

Umashi

Smash Cadet
I had a really fun time at the tournament and got to play tmnt2 which is awesome! I think you did fine chi with everything that was going on. I really hope there's another one! Everyone makes mistakes it's tough running a large event but now you know what to do next time. :)

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Why the **** would you refund everyone's entry fee? lol

You don't have to refund anyone's. It's incredibly and unnecessarily nice of you to be doing refunds at all.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dear Chi,

Forgetting your mistakes and realizing your mistakes are too different things.

The fact that you already realize your mistakes and attempt to learn from them is enough for most people. These tournaments are enjoyable, and neccessary for the growth of our community.

Please don't stop doing them. You aren't making the same mistakes. You won't be perfect every tournament. And for anyone to expect that out of you alone is stupid.

Thanks.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Chi, just give anyone who was upset a BJ. It'll make it all better.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Thanks, but...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? @ bold. Loooooool.
I said anyone who mains yoshi isn't quite human... I thought this was common knowledge? It was a dumb joke, don't read too much into it lol.

Top Bottom