• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
So I think I may be going to this. Very very maybe. I won't have a place to stay and am actually unsure whether I should even go both days.

But the offer is on the table to go and I think I'm gonna take it. Which day will be the better day to go?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
since day 1 is pools and crews, if we do draft crews, can everyone get to participate? rather than just the top 20 people? I like crews, and they're mad fun to watch, but I like playing them too D: I remembered watching a no johns biweekly and hearing alu talk about how everyone gets to play, and then RoM happened and only a limited number of people got to play, so i was dissapointed.

LLDL

Smash Hero
since day 1 is pools and crews, if we do draft crews, can everyone get to participate? rather than just the top 20 people? I like crews, and they're mad fun to watch, but I like playing them too D: I remembered watching a no johns biweekly and hearing alu talk about how everyone gets to play, and then RoM happened and only a limited number of people got to play, so i was dissapointed.
If everyone were to participate, we'd have to do 1 stock crew battles. Realize that the number of participants will probably range from 100-200 people. You know how long that'd take lol.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
meh, not necessarily. Alot of people don't want to play crews. Just like get a tally of people who are interested and estimate how much time we have left. Like, we get kicked out of the venue by midnight or something? Even if we say a minute per stock, if we finish pools by 7 we have 5 hours, that's 300 minutes, or like 70 players per crew lol.

or you could do multiple 10 man crews in a single elimination tourney. If you had 8 crews of 10 people each and gave them an hour per crew battle, that finishes in 3 hours (three round tourney, and it only needs 4 TVs)

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
Alu told me yesterday that crews will be regional if enough people from each region show up, but since no one is coming from the midwest and some other regions are lacking top players, that probably won't happen. This means it'll probably be draft crews, key word being draft, so whoever gets drafted by the crew captains gets to play.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Nah you'd need more crews than that. Crews of 10 are kinda :(

Basically do a crew for however many pools there are and have each first seed be a captain.

But iunno, it'd be cool to see regionals or grudge matches if there were any =D At the same time though, I looooove draft crews. We can see the organized crew stuff at Pound ^_^

edit: that may make picking crews really ****ty, though :(

Hax

Smash Champion
IMO we should do beast coast vs everyone; 10v10 crew battle with the other crew being draft.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I still think a crew tourney is good if we have alot of time on our hands. As cool as a 10v10 crew battle between all the top players is, i don't want to watch smash for an hour when I could be playing it. I gave up and went and played friendlies last time.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I've been waiting on people to hear about if they are splitting a hotel with us. If i don't hear from them soon, i'll be looking for more people.

edit-M2K is going. I'll be taking him.

Alukard

Smash Hero
good **** ^^^

at the tourney if u need housing come to me ... and i'll write ur names down ... and i'll have an announcement and try to get people together to get rooms ... =]

we got this baby ... i can't wait

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
AxelSlam (or is it AxeIslam?) + 4 need a room

omnicloud7strife needs a room

The Irish Mafia needs a room

HollaAtchaBoy may need a room

D1 needs a room

JesiahTEG needs a room

Nakamaru + 3 need a room

Those are all the people I recall seeing posts from that need housing.

STEP IT UP PEOPLE. TALK TO EACHOTHER! That's 13 people =D

If you guys get 2 rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn, that's $17.13 PER PERSON after taxes.

If you want to pile all 13 people into one room [LOL], then either get a suite for extra space and potentially less $ per person, or for a standard 2 queen beds room, it'll be $8.57 per person after taxes.

Either of those rates sound pretty bangin [and obviously I'd go with the 2 rooms deal if you can spare the extra 9 bucks :)]

Cia

das kwl
Need a teammate for this my top 3 Marth in NY anyone?
You're going to have to play me for this title. Marth ditto MM. $5.00? also, teach me pkmn :D

Not that the ditto proves anything as I'm SURE your Marth is better than mine. But I believe I can win.

:colorful:

ChivalRuse - yo, i FAIL at youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom