• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rhythm Heaven Fever's Musical Mascot! Marshal (Moveset Added!)

Who do you think is the best Rhythm Heaven rep?

• Marshal

Votes: 81 59.1%
  • Wrestler

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Karate Joe

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • Rhythm Monkey

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Red Shirt Girl

Votes: 20 14.6%

• Total voters

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Rhythm Girl was that thread, actually.
But even then it didn't compare to the "fans" of Rhythm Heaven that just so happened to show up after the Gematsu leak :(.

I mean we had at least 4 Rhythm Heaven threads well before that (Wrestler, Rhythm Girl, Karate Joe and Marshal). Maybe 5 if the Monkey thread was created before then too. There was no shortage of RH threads if people wanted to actually support them.

On another note however, this is also a good thing considering RH did get a lot of exposure from the leak (and obviously if there is a character in the game) and maybe now a 4th one will be made ASAP. The last one was released back in 2011 so in due time I guess. The Chorus Kids are certainly fine and a good representation IMO but it just bugs me that there wasn't really too much support for a RH character of any kind until AFTER a character from RH is practically revealed. Most people seem to be on board now simply because they feel it is inevitable and they might as well deal with it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There's no doubt a new Rhythm Heaven game is gonna be made. The problem, however, is if it's gonna get localized. :[

Hopefully a character in Smash will give the series enough exposure in the west so that they could localize it. This is really more important than anything, so no need to be hipsters about it.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
To be fair, for me it wasn't until after the gematsu thing that I had any interest in Shulk getting in.

And honestly, it's the Sneaky Spirit that gives me more hope for a Rhythm Heaven character than Gematsu does.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
There's no doubt a new Rhythm Heaven game is gonna be made. The problem, however, is if it's gonna get localized. :[

Hopefully a character in Smash will give the series enough exposure in the west so that they could localize it. This is really more important than anything, so no need to be hipsters about it.
The last two were localized in the US and PAL regions and did fairly well for a newer ip.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's what it says in case you need it.
It was posted the day before the reveal:
1. Chrom is not joining Lucina is
She is the one on left - http://sonohara.donmai.us/data/66ad38541d9a0e8009c92c1e8579b5e7.jpg
2. Chorus Men are not getting in, neither are the "Chorus Kids", Marshal with Miss Ribbon Alternate are.
I'm not sure why but our "leaker" is unable to correctly identify people, I'm assuming he is using some type of image search program to identify them.
So people worried about there being "3" blue haired swordsmen who look nearly identical and play the same class, no longer need to worry.
He got Lucina right.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The last two were localized in the US and PAL regions and did fairly well for a newer ip.
Definitely not in PAL regions :[

Though, it's not an Atlus game, so I guess I don't have to worry lol

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm in. Although I only played a demo of a Rhythm Heaven Game on the DS, it'd be fun to play as Marshal.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Definitely not in PAL regions :[

Though, it's not an Atlus game, so I guess I don't have to worry lol
Pal got it much later than the US did and I believe (at least) the US one was released near the wii's life already... That could have contributed to it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Pal got it much later than the US did and I believe (at least) the US one was released near the wii's life already... That could have contributed to it.
I was including the DS game as well, which did pretty bad in here.

iirc that's why Beat the Beat didn't localize the songs in various European languages. Shame, because I enjoyed playing some songs in French, Spanish, German, etc

Last edited:

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
I Made Trailer For Him...
Marshal: Remix Smash- A Trailer Based On The Remix Stages, Featuring Double Date, Lockstep, Karate Man, Cheer Readers, And Finally, Glee Club, With Marshal Replacing The Conducter, After That's Finished Marshal Appears And Strikes A Pose Then The Reveal Banner For Marshal Appears (Cue Gameplay!) Then Smash Bros. Logo.
Notes: Each Minigame Has A Confirmed Smash Bros. Character
Double Date: Robin And Lucina
Lockstep: Mega Man
Karate Man: Captain Falcon
Cheer Readers: Villager (Multiple)
Glee Club: Mario, Link, And Kirby

Song For Remix Part: Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Theme
Song For Gameplay Part: Dreams Of Our Generation (Night Walk Theme)

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Marshal's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

Luugyhero12

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1435-3635-9083
Hey guys, according to this list, how would Marshal's moveset be classified? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Trickster

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Marshal seems like a Speedster with a few Trickster and Juggler properties thrown in for his rhythm gimmick.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Here's what it says in case you need it.
It was posted the day before the reveal:

He got Lucina right.
Interesting, although the Lucina part was correct and the Marshal part seems like it could be believable I think its fake. Regarding some of the other stuff that was said such as there being a 64 character roster, the Wii U tablet being used an interesting way (which I believe Sakurai disconfirmed) and the whole boss/playable fiasco I think it is most likely fake, just my 2 cents. The leak also originated from Gamefaqs where we seem to get "leaks" from all the time.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I think if we get anyone from Rhythm Heaven, it will be Marshal.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Add me to the support list!

I really like FirstBlade's moveset ideas, myself. c:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Recently picked up Rhyhym Heaven Fever. Needless to say I absolutely love the game, and beat it in a couple days. I fully support Marshal's inclusion. Seeing him in the game using moves inspired by the minigames in the game would be awesome, and seeing a stage/music from the game would be even better. I definitely think we'll get some sort of character from the series, due to the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, and I think Marshal has the best shot. Add me to the support list please

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Count me in as a supporter plz. I love Rhythm Heaven Games.
So I support Marshal plz.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What should be Marshal's victory theme? I'm thinking the little tune from the intro to the remix songs from RH Fever, myself. c: (You know, the tune that plays at the "Remix #" screen)

Burruni

Smash Hero
What should be Marshal's victory theme? I'm thinking the little tune from the intro to the remix songs from RH Fever, myself. c: (You know, the tune that plays at the "Remix #" screen)
I feel like there are 2 big choices for a small victory theme for Marshal, or any other RH rep.
While one is that little jingle of a remix stage..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhhoPxCWZeg This song is the biggest one of the series (one of few to carry from game to game, and this song itself being remixed into RHF's game-select main screen). I feel like how the Mother reps get a clip of Poly Anna, I feel like the rhythm of the "Soon we will see we're - Living the dreams of - Our Gen-er-a-tion," would be the best fit.

Edit: I am slightly wrong, it is the SECOND game-select music, after you beat Remix 7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gmk3IPraj8&list=PLE23EDEFEF6843B74

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've been thinking of something, programming-wise. Do you think that perhaps Marshal will be the RH rep over Chorus Kids due to programming issues? Since Sakurai mentioned programming difficulties with IC and Rosaluma, so having a trio operating as one may be putting a lot of stress on the system, much less having 4 Chorus Kids out at the same time.

I somewhat expect it since there was also the issue of Chrom being considered but being replaced with Lucina and Robin because Sakurai couldn't think of a way to make Chrom stand out from the other lords. But here, it'd be a programming-related complication for the Chorus Kids being swapped out for Marshal. Just some thoughts. Since I also have a headcanon that Marshal is the player-controlled member of the Chorus Kids who goes solo in Fever that is so going in the Headcanons thread if Marshal gets in.

I often find myself wondering why I didn't stick with programming in college.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Excuse me, but am I on the support list for Marshal? I do support him. (Along with just about any other RH rep.)

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
I prefer Marshal, I guess, I do really want a Rhythm Heaven character... I didn't ever expect one, but ever since getting weird non-fighting non-mascot characters like Wii Fit Trainer, the possibility seems a lot more real, and of course, Rhythm Heaven is a big enough and important enough series to Nintendo to earn such attention. So I'm on board.

And Marshal is the mascot, so I'll side with him. But I would like to see his moveset based on several of the minigames from the Rhythm Heaven series, similar to Mr. Game & Watch being an amalgamation of many different G&W games. Not sure if I want Marshal transforming into Karate Joe for certain attacks or just using Karate Joe inspired attacks, but something along those lines would be awesome. And of course, having attacks that require rhythm performance to pull them off successfully is a must have.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I also see Marshall as more probable and preferred outcome of the whole RH rep thing, if not, then the RH Trio ala him being joined with Miss Ribbon and Cam if Chorus Kids is still a thing.

Besides, I might him being a sole character would throw well back on his design looking a bit like the Play Yan-Kun from Play Yan-Mp3 Software for Gameboy Advance, in which that white stickman itself would use the assets as the basis of Night Walk-minigame in Rhythm Tengoku (GBA). Marshall did this again Fever too.

One of my most guilty pleasures about looking forward to him is to see his Screen KO.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm going to post my moveset... basically because nobody said it would be wrong to.

Stats
Height: Small (Mr. G&W)
Weight: Featherweight (Pikachu)
Walk Speed: Average (Mario)
Run Speed: Slow (Ice Climbers)
Fall Speed: Floaty (Zelda)
Air Speed: Quick (Marth)

Basic Animations
Walk: Ribbon in RH:Fever (Night Walk)
Run: Cam in RH:Fever (Night Walk)
Jump: ...Normal Jump (Night Walk)
Back Jump: Backflip (See-Saw)
Shield: Crouch and cover head (Generic, not from a mini-game)
Grab: Two hand grab (Packing Pests)
Pummel: Headbutt (Donk Donk)
U-Throw: Elbow Flex toss (Ringside)
F/B-Throw: Volleyball Bump (Bossa Nova, B-Throw spins before the throw)
D-Throw: Riverstomp, akin to Kirby's (Tap Troupe)
Forward/Back Roll: Flipper Roll (Flipper Flop)
SideStep: ...Step away (Mr. Upbeat)
Air Dodge: Ditzy Down (Space Dance)
Crouch: Squat (Monkey's pose in Tambourine)
Flinch/Hurt: Eyes white, mouth open (Glee Club)
Up-Taunt: Holds up a sign and spins it around, the face showing "3, 2, 1, Go!" (Rhythm Test)
Taunt: Cycles through the Wrestler poses for the fans (Ringside)
Down-Taunt: Guitar Jump (Big Rock Finish).

A-Moves
Jab Combo: Left-Left-Right punch combo, Go Go Go! (Figure fighter)
Dash Attack: Crouched roll combo + punch finish (works like Luigi's, Night Walk).
U-Tilt: Kick (Double Date)
F-Tilt: Bat (Exhibition Match)
D-Tilt: Leg Sweep (Karate Man)
[Smashes have 4 levels of power, at each half-second (a beat), and will auto-use at 2 seconds of charge]
U-Smash: Book Spin & Open, Okay It's On! (Cheer Readers)
F-Smash: Katana flurry, Green-eyed Demons (Samurai Slice)
D-Smash: Spin & Stomp to finish (Board Meeting)
U-Air: Air-Swim to headbutt higher (Micro Row)
B-Air: Flings back out, A-B-C! (Shrimp Shuffle)
N-Air: Posed Spin "Alley-Oop" (Splashdown)
F-Air: Tambourine clap (Tambourine)
D-Air: Paintbrush (Power Calligraphy)
Ledge-Attack: Spring up from the edge (Flock Step)

Special Moves
Neutral B (Glee Club): Charged, releasable on each half-second interval up to 5 seconds for a proper "beat." Releasing on an off-beat causes a squeak to come out of Marshal and holding for longer than 5 seconds causes Marshal to just cough [making the Excalibur face that Rhythm Monkey does in Tambourine for extra detail]. The overcharge functions like Luigi's Side B overcharge in Sm4sh. On a "beat" hit, Marshal lets out a scream of a note that causes a small shockwave in a circle around him that doesn't cover his entire body at Stage 1, but scales in range, damage, and knockback to a properly-timed hit of Donkey Konga at Stage 10. This is by far the most complex, but most crucial and iconic part of Marshall's moveset.
Up B (Night Walk): 1.5 seconds of fairly-fast free ranged movement like Balloon Fighter or Pit's Old (or maybe it is still current, I haven't seen it in action) recovery moves. Solely for recovery, Has 3 balloons with one popping on each half-second beat.
Side B (Air Rally): Pulls out a racket and hits a shuttlecock projectile for a fairly weak hit with a fairly high arc (about 1.5x the height of a normal yoshi toss) but if B is pressed again right before the swing, it is almost horizontal and had stronger damage. Either way it is minimal knockback, but a possible strong harass move.
Down B (Munchy Monk): Like Mr.G&W's bucket, Marshal stands in place with his mouth held wide open. If attacked in front by a projectile, he will eat it and swallow to restore a small percentage of damage. If struck by a barrage of projectiles (for example, Fox blaster spam, or Mii Gunner's side smash) he will inhale them all with his head growing larger, leading to a larger gulp which takes more time but restores more percentage.

Final Smash (Showtime!): About three character lengths from Marshal, two other Chorus Kids (alternatively Ribbon and Cam) pop up from the ground (taking up the space 2 to 4 character lengths away from Marshall) and knock any opponents in the unfortunate space into a short Cinematic of a Karate Joe stage, ending with a combo that the opponents are thrown into. High vertical knockback.
Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Last edited:
Top Bottom