• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RichBrown's Random Ideas Topic

IcyLight

Smash Lord
speaking of white pikmin what i enjoy doing but is situational is at 0% you can toss 2 white pikmin real fast like and have them both latch, if you have the spacing and timing grab them with your next pikmin (hopfully not a purple cuz that grab range isn't reliable but it's okay) then grab them and hit attack as you grab them to hit them for like 2-3%? idk? the important thing is to keep them grabbed as long as possible but the damage hit depends on the pikmin you grabbed with but point being is i'd do that imidiently then Up throw, why up throw? up throw does 2% more damage than Down throw (it deiffers depending on pikmin you grabbed with) and the animation is slightly longer than down throw so the white pikmin have more time for ****** :D since you up throw as well they are higher in the air than down throw so you can rotate your pikmin to your likings because they are around 90-100% damage... it's so fast it's ultra **** lol

denti, you should try doing a dthrow combo immediately, that way when u dthrow the whites then start to damage and you can still get a good usmash--uair as the whites go, and get like 100% , good players break out too quick for you to pummel at 0% so it's a lot safer and a ton more effective to combo before the whites go crazy

Denti

Smash Master
denti, you should try doing a dthrow combo immediately, that way when u dthrow the whites then start to damage and you can still get a good usmash--uair as the whites go, and get like 100% , good players break out too quick for you to pummel at 0% so it's a lot safer and a ton more effective to combo before the whites go crazy
yeah i know, i like never do it anyways, its' just funny imo to throw 2 whites then grab haha, but i can see where your comming from

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
If your #2 pikmin is white and your enemy is 0%.
Dthrow with 1st, fb white, regrab, dthrow, fair.

Always and forever.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Something I noticed: we are all familiar with the mid% "combo" of Dthrow-runfoward-pivot grab. For some reason, people always DI the second Dthrow from the pivot grab very poorly, and it sets up for a fair like 99% of the time. My guess is that they are trying to DI away, and they probably don't even notice you are on the other side of them, so they just go straight up, and then you can **** em up.

I like the falco stuff. Something I like to do to falco sometimes is face away from the ledge and wait in my shield, and when they illusion past me I can grab immediately.

I think Olimar is very capable of ****ing up falco big time when he's offstage, he really seems to be at our mercy... unfortunately I haven't really figured out anything, other than what I just posted, and trying to time Fsmashes. Can Olimar spike Falco out of his illusion?

Fino

Smash Master
Something I noticed: we are all familiar with the mid% "combo" of Dthrow-runfoward-pivot grab. For some reason, people always DI the second Dthrow from the pivot grab very poorly, and it sets up for a fair like 99% of the time. My guess is that they are trying to DI away, and they probably don't even notice you are on the other side of them, so they just go straight up, and then you can **** em up.

I like the falco stuff. Something I like to do to falco sometimes is face away from the ledge and wait in my shield, and when they illusion past me I can grab immediately.

I think Olimar is very capable of ****ing up falco big time when he's offstage, he really seems to be at our mercy... unfortunately I haven't really figured out anything, other than what I just posted, and trying to time Fsmashes. Can Olimar spike Falco out of his illusion?
At mid percents I like uthrow juggles or (and I'm going to get flack for this) f/bthrow and edge guarding (depending on the char and how Im' feeling =])

I know that you can nair fox out of his illusion, and it sends him away from the stage (just a little.... enough that he has to jump illusion / fire fox) iirc. I think if you tried that with falco though you might get spiked... but llumys tells me his illusion has 0 priority (like we do :D)

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord
olimar can not spike him out of his illusion, he can not nair him either like he can against fox, you CAN grab him if he's stage level, dsmash him, and run pshield usmash him

Fino

Smash Master
olimar can not spike him out of his illusion, he can not nair him either like he can against fox, you CAN grab him if he's stage level, dsmash him, and run pshield usmash him
awww, shucks. though like susa said (and I think he's right, not 100% though), you can... it's just frame specific (unlike foxes).

don't forget fsmashes.... what about oli's tilts? dtilt seems like it would work and still be safe at the same time.
//theory craft

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord
not sure of dtilt, and i say you can't nair his illusion as in if you do in those small frame chances, you will get spiked from it, and if you try to spike him, you can, but you have a lot of way better options

Fino

Smash Master
if you do in those small frame chances, you will get spiked from it, and if you try to spike him, you can, but you have a lot of way better options
Sounds familiar.... (hmm)
I think if you tried that with falco though you might get spiked... but llumys tells me his illusion has 0 priority (like we do :D)
We seem to agree =] The only thing to test on this would be priority, but like you said... safe option?
Not at all, lol.

~Fino

IcyLight

Smash Lord
It can fall apart if your opponent has any idea how to DI.

<_<;
this.

sometimes, i just dthrow fair and then run away and spam pikmin, it's good for playing safe and gaining distance on your opponent, which is where you want to be. the question is when you should and should not keep comboing, and knowing the difference

Fino

Smash Master
Sometimes I'll do a midlow% uthrow and start charing a direction on my c-stick... whichever one seems most likely to hit. if it's a white, it's always fsmash though, because most of the time it'll set up for a grab again.

~Fino

Weruop

Smash Ace
if a white pikmin is 2nd a good combo is d throw sh throw white pimkin fast fall air dodge up tilt. uptilt when used suddenly breaks thru shields often, and if ur opponent has a white pikmin on, itll rack up a lot of damage during the uptilt and after it

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You dash and fsmash directly afterwards.

You can also get the effect of a stutter step with any other attack, but entering a different set of inputs. I found it pretty useless though.

That said, I'd like to hear what Rich has to say about stutter stepping fsmashes...

Noa.

Smash Master
I'll try to stutter my fsmashes today. I assume forward to get a more aggressive fsmash, and backward for a safer campier fsmash.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, I'd also like to add that since you're dashing initially, you increase the likelyhood that you'll trip every time you perform an fsmash this way as opposed to regularly.

Llumys

Smash Champion
I mentioned stutter stepping a while ago, and everyone told me it was useless. You can trip, but I think it's worth the risk in some situations.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
If you stutter step on ice, it's pretty nuts. Oli slides ridiculously far backwards.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Lol, if only ice stages were legal

I've been using backwards SSFsmashes to punish landings. Sometimes all you need is that extra half-inch to avoid getting hit. It's been putting me JUST outside my opponents grab range. And because it takes an extra fraction of a microsecond to do, this will really throw off sidesteppers because Oli's Fsmash is hard to sidestep to begin with (when spaced right).

Idk it's hard to describe the little nuances... just take my word for it lol

Seriously this is way too good for olimar, considering how fast his smashes are

RichBrown

Smash Master
Well I just updated the OP with a bunch of ideas through the topic, and tried to make it a liiiitle easier to read. I didn't include every single idea, just the ones I liked a lot. I still recommend to anyone reading this to go through and glance over some of the old posts because there's some good stuff in there. Don't feel bad if I didn't put your idea in the OP lol

Noa.

Smash Master
Yes, it's just a horde of random ideas here.

I have my own.

It's for whenever the opponent's shield is broken and their dazed.

Just latch pikmin on them. It won't take them out of the dazed state. So even if they're at low percents you can kill them. Idk how many people know about that, but the information is out again.

Top Bottom